Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• rhpdevrhpdev Member Posts: 14
    I'm assuming by your post that this is a AWD with the following:
    NAV
    Luxury
    Preferred accessory package
    Spoiler.

What was the price the lease was calculated on and can you share the money factor and location (area) of purchase?

Sounds like a great deal.
  • flagator77flagator77 Member Posts: 43
    Can someone please share with me the lease rate for Tier 3 credit?
  • gotigers1gotigers1 Member Posts: 20
    Carman - can we have the april 36 and 48mth tier 1 money factors/resids for rwd is350 please? Having a tough time getting a good deal given looming intentory issues...

Thanks!
  • telatubbytelatubby Member Posts: 1
    Please post the April 36 month Tier 1+ buy rate/money factor for an IS250 AWD. Thanks.
  • mmm_337mmm_337 Member Posts: 8
    mycar17, I'm currently trying to negotiate a lease for the same car and it sounds like you received a pretty good deal. Could you please list the pricing details of what you agreed on with the dealer such as agreed selling price, Money factor/interest rate, down payment, etc. Thanks
  • amansamans Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

How does this sound?
    2011 IS 250 Lease with Nav
    15k miles/yr, $1200 down, $499 per month after tax.
  • steadyeddienycsteadyeddienyc Member Posts: 7
    Sounds good to me- I pay 511.00 ( fully loaded) 12k miles- 2011 is250awd - 0 down-
  • smellsmokesmellsmoke Member Posts: 11
    NAV
    Luxury
    Spoiler.

What was the price the lease was calculated on and can you share the money factor and location (area) of purchase?

Rear wheel drive and ues to the rest.Don't know the money factor other then a $23,500 residual value.jm lexus in margate Florida.
  • smellsmokesmellsmoke Member Posts: 11
    NAV
    Luxury
    Spoiler.

Rear wheel drive and yes to the rest.Don't know the money factor other then a $23,500 residual value.jm lexus in margate Florida.
  • lookingtoleaselookingtolease Member Posts: 1
    Hello -
    I am looking to lease a 2011 IS250 w Navigation, Bluetooth, The F sport package (not the IS-Fm thats a different car). I live in Los Angeles.

The TMV according to the Edmunds site is $39K. Can someone please tell me what the money factor and risidual value would be?

I'm looking for a 12K, 36month lease and so far all of my quotes have been MUCH higher than i have seen on this forum. I have good credit, so thats not the issue. could it be the inventory issue? If so, I may be better off getting the 328icoupe or A4 I am looking at. but this is my first choice.

help please!

Thank you! :)
  • chunkalunkchunkalunk Member Posts: 8
    Leased a new 2011 IS250 AWD sedan this past weekend w/ Navi, Seated heats, Xenon LED headlights, and accessory package. MSRP listed at $40,410.

Probably could have pushed more on the price...but really wasn't sure how the whole Japan issue was impacting Lexus production. Sales guy said they weren't getting any more for a while...I wanted a car that day...so I settled once we got the Net Cap Cost down to $37,600.

Edmunds TMV for an IS250 with these specs is $37,451, so I figured it was close enough.

Lease Details:
    36 mo lease, 15K miles/yr, $0 down
    57% residual with base rate of .002 (according to sales guy, this was tier 1+; seemed a little high to me, was expecting .00185).

~$565/mo after tax
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gotigers1. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00150 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi telatubby. Lexus Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Hey all! I leased a 2009 IS250 with Premium Package and Navigation (and accessories) at the end of March 2009. I'm exactly 25 months in on a 36 month lease, 12K/year. MSRP on my car was $37,656 and I got it for $32,448 thanks to these forums and a lot of haggling. With CA tax and $0 down (I did put down 9 MSD's to bring down the MF) my monthly is $417.

That said, I have a couple questions:
    1. While my payments are pretty low, relatively speaking, and the convertible model is priced higher than the sedan, the residual on the convertible is much higher. Do I have any chance of getting a convertible with Premium and Navi around the same price as what I pay now? I can go up a bit, but not a lot.
    2. I am well under my mileage right now (probably 2000 miles under or so given 1000 a month). There's a chance I could drop to 10K on a new lease but I think I would probably drive a convertible more so it's probably safer not to. This isn't really a question, just a point to bring up.
    3. I have a friend who leased an RX a while ago and I know she traded in early to a new lease when the new RX's came out. It was an offer from Lexus, not her idea. How early does Lexus trade in/up new leases? I still have 11 months left on my lease. If I couldn't do it relatively soon, I might as well wait it out. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to trading in/up early?
    4. Is there a best time of year to get a deal on an ISC? It's just starting to get hot here in SoCal so I feel like dealers won't be as willing to deal on an ISC, but I guess I could be wrong.

Thanks for the help, I haven't been here in a long time, but you guys were a ton of help when I was here and I gave a ton of help after I leased for about a year too. :)
  • driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    Sounds like an outstanding deal! What was your secret? Any rebates or incentives that they gave you?
  • gally25gally25 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to all this and got this deal over the weekend and wondering if I could've done better:

2011 Lexus IS250 with Premium Package, Navigation (with Backup Camera, Lexus Enform, Destination Assist & XM), Bi-Xenon headlamps with LED, Rear Spoiler, 18" wheels

7 miles on the car; been on the lot since 4/8/11

36-month lease / 10K miles per year / option to purchase when lease ends

-MSRP: $40,099
    -Dealer Invoice: $36,512
    -Agreed Upon Price: $37,012
    -Down Payment: $2,000
    -Traded in 1998 VW Jetta with 170,700 miles: $1,000
    -Residual Value: $24,861 (62% residual with base rate 0.002)
    -Montly Payment with Tax: $482
  • nanbakatnanbakat Member Posts: 20
    I have an agreement with Lexus for an IS250 lease, but there are two line items under the section of the contract labeled, "Itemization of Gross Capital Cost".

They are: "Acquisition Fee......................$700"
    "Doc Fee/LFS SVC. Fee...........$486.17"

Aren't these things the same thing? I have a feeling that I'm getting charged once by the financing company and that the dealer is passing that cost onto me (which sucks, but I'll pay it), and that I'm also getting charged a second time by the dealer who is disguising a profit center for the dealership as a financing fee.

Which of these fees can I negotiate? If I had to pay one of the two, which one seems more above-board?

Thanks for your help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Every lease has an acquisition fee... Not sure if Lexus' fee is $700, but it seems likely... Infiniti is $700 and BMW is $725..

The other one: Looks like padding... A lot of dealers charge doc fees, though.... can't say I like it much..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• npanitsasnpanitsas Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the June 2011 Money Factor and Residual values for top tier credit:

2011 IS 250 AWD
    36 months
    10k miles

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out, npanitsas. Lexus Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • chandi1chandi1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking around for IS 350 on a lease (36 months and 15000 miles). Can I know the money factors/residuals on this car for July. Has anyone bought a IS 350 recently in Los Angeles, CA. If you share this information, it would greatly help me in negotiating a good deal. Thanks, Wick
    Hi chandi1. Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • postytsxpostytsx Member Posts: 15
    Hey Car_man.

Would you be able to tell me what the July Money Factor / Residual is for an IS 250 RWD MT with Navi & Premium Audio?

Thanks,
    PostyTSX
    Hey PostyTSX. Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 RWD MT with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jbmcelyjbmcely Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2011
    Hey carman or anyone else who can help,
    I was wondering about this deal, can I do better? Credit score w/ transunion is 678.
    Is250 sticker price:36800
    4450 out of pocket
    12k/3years
    Texas taxes included in monthly payment.
    22800 residual
    450/mo.
    I put a 500 deposit already as they didn't have the color my wife wanted in stock. Can I negoiate for a better deal or is this decent with that credit score? Also do u think I could pull a fully loaded one at that monthly payment? Thanks for the help.
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_Man

I'm back again for some information on the 250isC I am considering a lease probably three years. so
    1. I'm aware that this model is/has been in short supply due to the Manufacturing problems. So do you know if this situation will change soon?

2. The Lexus "Golden Opportunity Sales Event" should be coming out soon. In the past i believe that Lexus had incentives to the dealer that would make the lease price lower. Do you have any information as to when this will start?

As always your valuable information makes it easier to negotiate a fair price, so thank you in advance.
    Gary
  • tyguy2ktyguy2k Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

Is this a lease good deal? I need to keep the monthly payment under $500.

'11 IS250 IS with NAV and Lux:

Car price: $38,500

36 month lease at 16,000k a year with $2,500 due at signing: $498/month.

24 month lease at 16,000k a year with $2950 due at signing: $498/month

Thanks!
    Hey Gary. I've heard that the supply of Toyota vehicles is improving, but I don't think that it's ideal yet. At least Toyota's inventory problems aren't as bad as Honda's.

The fact that Lexus just introduced some significant enhancements to its incentives for August (technically late July) is evidence that supply is improving.

Lexus Financial Services' new special buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 IS 250 Convertible is .00185 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tyguy2k. Is $38,500 this car's MSRP or selling price?

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2011
    Car_man,
    Thank you for your most valuable information.
    I may be getting close to a good deal (given the circumstances) however there are a couple of discrepancies.
    1. They are attempting to use a MF of .00215 not the .000185 saying that is the lowest they have to offer. I do understand that they are TRYING to mark it up at the end I will NOT accept the higher factor
    2. I am also willing to do the Max MSD's to reduce the monthly cost, but I don't believe they are giving me the correct reduction? is it .0009 or .0008 less for each MSD?
    3. They are willing to discount the vehicle somewhat, but I believe that they can still come down even more. Yes I know about the shortage, but I also know abouth the economy and that they MUST move vehicles.
    4. So I am looking at an MSRP of $49,975
    the offer is for $47,668 (with $1,000 rebate) to $46,668 and I feel that to make this happen the cap cost needs to come in at around $46,200 (less the rebate). With the correct MF the Monthly would be $600 tax in so I can reduce with the MSD's to around $540
    5. Other considerations are I will include the $700 bank Fee and the $700 Dealer fee in the lease.
    Many years ago you taught me to put as little up front as possible.

Gary
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    CarMan,

Could you please provide the August lease figures for Lexus IS250 AWD with 12,000 miles per year?

Are there any lease incentives for the month of August?
    edited August 2011
    Car_man,
    seems hard to get your attention in this forum, guess there isn't enough avtivity.
    Anyway I am well on my way to closing the deal on the IS250C. I guess that Lexus has come around with some additional incentives on this car or the dealer that I am using is aggresive for sales.
    I made an offer that I felt I could live with and they accepted it.
    Bottom line figures are:
    1. MSRP = $49,975
    2. Sale Price $46.000 less the $1,000 loyalty rebate
    3. M.F. at .000185 and
    4. I am buying down with 9 MSD's to .00113
    5. Additonal costs Bank fee $700 and Dealer fee $700
    6. Residual for 36 months at 63%
    7. With My Calculations Monthly of $533
    8 Inception fees are Refundable Deposit for the MSD and first month.
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    Lexus IS F is even more dynamic. The high-performance sedan with five-liter eight-cylinder starts with a revised chassis intensively in the model year 2012. Result of the training program is to increase the dynamic driving potential, without compromising the long-distance comfort. Lexus also offers the model year for the new IS F individual equipment options. The Lexus IS F of the 2012 vintage shows on fast curves and provides a lower tendency to roll the driver a precise response. Simultaneously, the new chassis is characterized by a more sensitive response to bumps and a higher ride comfort. Specifically to optimize the tire on roads with humps and bumps in the road feel, new shock absorbers were developed and coordinated the new spring rates. Stronger stabilizer bars, new bearings and a slightly revised suspension geometry round off the package.

The new monotube shock absorbers come from ZF. From the 2012 model year Lexus offers its sportiest sedan in addition, new, individual equipment options: On special customer manufactures BBS individual 19 - inch alloy wheels with 14-spoke design. As an alternative to the standard, available in either black or black-and-white semi-aniline leather interior Lexus is now offering an on-hold in crimson and black interior.In addition to the sports seats while even the shifter handle and the lower segment of the rim in crimson leather on the nature of the super sports car LFA run. The crimson leather trim can be ordered now for the coupe-cabriolet IS 250C in the equipment line Luxury line, where it is in precious wood trim gray bird's eye maple combined.

No pricing changes for 2012 models.
  • sigmonwsigmonw Member Posts: 1
    @CarMan - Thanks for the info I received on this forum. Dealer wanted to charge .0022 MF (my credit is 847). I told him must be .00185 and they agreed. MSRP was 52955 and we got for 49,550 +700 acquisition fee (there was no dealer fee). Then we got the 1000 loyalty rebate and the 1500 certificate because our ls460 had the valve recall. So net cap cost was 47050 + the 700 fee. I think we did pretty well. I had them make the residual $12777 because I plan to keep the car and by lowering the residual, it saved me about $1500 in interest over the 3 years. Of course payments are $1,111, but that's ok. thanks again for all your info on this forum.
    Hi biggbrother. Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 IS 250 Sedan AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gwarrenfl. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right on the money. The selling price that you were quoted looks reasonable to me as well, though the dealer fee is nothing but fluff.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome sigmonw. I think that you did pretty well too. Good job on getting the dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your payment. Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    The sophisticated Lexus IS 250C and IS 350C continues to blend the expressive stylishness of a hardtop convertible with the quietness and comfort of a coupe. Young at heart customers appreciate the IS convertible’s ability to quickly go from hardtop to convertible in less than 21 seconds. A fun-in-the-sun driving experience is enhanced with numerous standard and optional features including new 18-inch 5-spoke wheels with Liquid Graphite finish, leather-trimmed seating, heated and ventilated front seats and F Sport performance accessories. As it enters the 2012 model year its sporty style is complemented with the addition of a Nebula Gray Pearl exterior as it replaces Smoky Granite Mica.
  • otomanotoman Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,
    Great info. Do you know the current 9/11 money factor and residuals for a 36 mo. 15k lease on a gx460 with lexus financial? Tier 1 credit.

Dealer is telling me .0021 and 50%...

Thanks a lot for the info.
    Thanks otoman. This particular discussion is for people to talk about leasing the IS. Please check here for my answer to your question about the GX:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef9da3f/293

Car_man
    Host
  • ltrojanltrojan Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 model IS 250 automatic w/ F Sport Package and Nav. The dealer told me I could get a better deal with the 2011 model rather than 2012 and there's not much of a styling difference between the two.

Can you give me the Money Factor and Residual for this car?

Thanks!
  • e90me90m Member Posts: 30
    Hello Car_Man,

Would you happen to have the October rates for the above? Does F-Sport matter/impact the rates?

Looking for a 36 month, 48 month or any odd month programs Lexus might be offering. Thanks!!!
    I'd be happy to help you out, ltrojan. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 IS 250 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi e90m. There is a difference between the lease programs for the IS 350 and IS-F.

Lexus Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 IS 350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00095 and 39%.

The numbers for the 2011 IS-F are .00115 / 49% and .00115 / 38%.

Car_man
    Host
  • xmjxxmjx Member Posts: 159
    Car man, please help! Do you have residuals and money factors for either the 2011 or 2012 (or both :)). Lexus IS 250 AWD? 15k miles per year, 36 months. Thanks in advance!
  • nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    Is this a good deal, thanks if you know:

2012 IS250 AWD Premium package in NY

MSRP $38,900
    invoice $35,400
    sale price $34,500
    miles 10,000
    36 months
    Total down $2,500 (tax, 1st month, bank fee, dmv, doc fee, tire fee, other tax)
    Per month $ 373

Residual 63% (10,000 miles)
    Res value $24,500
    Money factor .00160

I think it's good but not sure if it can be beat. I did notice the residual and MF is very different for every person who writes here (why is that), but what does that matter if your deal is good it's good, if it's bad it's bad, assuming you are going to turn it in at 36 months that is.

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, xmjx. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 IS 250 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00095 ad 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • joserajosera Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man!
    Do you have the money factor and residuals for both the 2012 IS 350 AWD and RWD?
    36 months
    10, 000 miles
    Currently leasing a 2008 IS 350 with Top Tier Credit

Also, my current vehicle only has $22, 600 miles, excellent condition. Any advise on getting some positive equity out of it? Original lease was for 36 months, I extended for 6 months and just extended again this month.

My original numbers (I know I got a good deal and hope to again):
    MSRP 43,871
    Invoice 38,225
    My price: 37,514.02
    MF .00185
    Residual 55% (24,129.05)
    If I go another 6 months Lease Pay off is $19, 114.37

Seems my car is actually worth 27-30K.

Thanks so much!
    I certainly do josera. Lexus Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 IS 350 Sedan RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for the AWD model are exactly the same.

I've seen a number of people who have been able to negotiate better deals using their lease returns lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to use your current car to your advantage. Give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose.

Car_man
    Host
  • lglawlglaw Member Posts: 3
    on the verge of a deal for an IS 250 - wanted a 2011 but none in stock w NYC dealerships in right color combos - tried to go over money factor and residual carefully and thought they seemed in line w/ what i have seen - base model $37,225; AWD package $2,195; nav package $2,465 and unwanted spoiler on the car I want for $328 - total $43,477 - 36mth lease, 10G miles, $509/mth w tax, bank fee, dmv fee and $1,587 down - without calling around to save a few dollars am I getting a good deal - thanks
    PL
This discussion has been closed.