Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord (2003-2007) Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• colkidcolkid Posts: 9
    Yes I did move it to both postions, It still could involve the switch however. Also pushing the clear plastic covers does not turn either light on.
    the light acted odd for a week or two and then failed. If the fuse is blown the rear light would be out also wouldn't it?
  • biomanbioman Posts: 172
    According to the wiring diagram in the Haynes repair manual there is a multiplex integrated control unit (MICU) that regulates the door courtesy lights and the ceiling light. If the door lights are working and the ceiling light is the problem the MICU is probably ok. I would check continuity of the ceiling light ground wire (white/Blue) and the hot wire(green/red) as well as the switch. Locating the MICU might require a good wiring diagram or a Google search, so let's hope it is the switch.
    Bioman, thank you for the info. the door lights do work, and
    I checked "buyahomes" suggestion that I bang on the overhead light assembly. I did and the passenger side light
    came on.
    I will try someones suggestion to check the ground wire,
    if I can figure out how to get to it.
    thanks all, maybe honda needs to include a rubber mallet
    with their cars.
    What manual are you using to get color codes on the wire? I found a haynes manual for about $20 that looks good, but I like the idea of wire color codes.
    Looks like the honda needs it.
    The Haynes Manual's schematic diagrams have the wiring labeled as per my last post.
    The Haynes Manual's schematic diagrams have the wiring labeled as per my last post.
  • accord6mtaccord6mt Posts: 53
    Arg. The flip-up coin door is no longer staying closed. It just stays open all the time. When moving the door 100% up and 100% down (with decent pressure at 100% closed position to see if locking mechanism will engage), fast or slow, the door moves smoothly and there no clicking, friction or any other indicator that the door locking mechanism is broken... it's almost as if the locking mechanism was no longer attached to the door assembly.

Any thoughts? I'd hate to have to buy another assembly but that might the fastest and least frustrating route to take.

Thanks in advance!
  • I have the same problem, only it's the center console behind the coin box. I can bring it all the way down and it just snaps up; no latching appears to happen. I just leave it open, although I know that isn't an attractive option for the coin box.
  • rlommbardirlommbardi Posts: 30
    Both my door locks are now broken - they will not go up and down - with the flob or with the switch that is in the car........
    does anyone know what is the problem.... Honda Accord 2004..... EXL rl :confuse:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 58,862
    so this is a coupe? If so, it seems unlikely that both door actuators would fail at the same time. I'd check the fuse for the locking system.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• finzzfinzz Posts: 40
    I have 102k miles on my accord and notice that when driving around town - 25 mph speed limit If I hit the gas to maintain speed up an incline or simply give the gas a little tap AND the tachometer is hoovering in the neighborhood of 1250 - 1500 RPM, I can feel a shudder.bucking motion through the car. Doesn't matter if the car is cold or at normal operating temp and this also happens only when in high gear and is getting progressively worse

A better way to explain it: It feels the same as if you were driving a manual transmission in too high a gear and that feeling you get thru the car when it's "telling" you to downshift... the bucking/shuddering motion. That's the way it feels

If I step harder on the gas, it won't behave this way.. only if I'm being very "gentle"

I hope I explained that well enough...

Anyone hear of or have a similar issue?

Anyone have any ideas?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 58,862
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like the torque converter lock up clutch. Could be some wear but I wouldn't necessarily be biting my nails just yet.

READ MORE HERE

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• stickguystickguy Posts: 26,700
    yeah, that sounds like it is related to the torque converter. certainly worth getting checked out.

if you haven't yet, getting the fluid changed (the honda way, with honda fluid) may help.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport (mine), 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

• fcbabe21fcbabe21 Posts: 1
    I had an oil change done 2 days ago. Today, the check engine light came on and the car "missed 4 times" over the course of about 4 miles. The check engine light is still on. Went to local auto parts store, they ran the general code and it said Racket arm actuator. The guy ran that code and made it specifically for 07 Honda's and it stated several reasons that lead to oil pressure issues. Checked the oil, VERY LOW, after oil change. There is no oil leak. Most likely they did not put enough oil in when changing it. Is this a common issue with Honda's. I've never heard of this and neither have any of my mechanic friends. Also, the oil pressure low indicator light has not come on even though the oil is very low. Any suggestions? 2007 Honda Accord Lx 4dr.
  • jonahdogjonahdog Posts: 28
    He probably meant "Rocker Arm Actuator". Have you added oil to bring up to correct level? I am guessing the Rocker code was brought on by the low oil level. I don't think this particular problem is common on Accords - seems more so on older CRVs. I always check the work done before leaving the mechanic (even if it's a dealer). I once had an oil drain plug come out on the way home (on the interstate - very bad). I paid for an oil change that "wasn't done" (they made it right - but if I hadn't checked??) and several times they have failed to top of the fluid level after starting the car. Anyway, you might check out this thread (similar or same problem as yours) www.honda-tech.com thread 1706098
  • cmartin411cmartin411 Atlanta, GAPosts: 42
    I have a 2006 EX-V6 with about 54K miles. I love the car, but have noticed the plastic material that is behind the steering wheel controls (volume and cruise) is sticking up. There is fabric that covers the hard plastic. The plastic seems bent up where it meets the corner. I tried to bend it down, but it comes back up. Any ideas to make it stay down? I thought about putting some strong glue in there and putting a clamp on it. Thanks.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I have an '05 Accord EX-L and I think you are talking about the edges that pop up on the steering wheel behind the controls. Mine does the same. I do not remember if it has always done that. If this is what you are talking about, I would not do anything to it.
  • cmartin411cmartin411 Atlanta, GAPosts: 42
    That's it. It's not a big deal, but when I see them sticking up, I want to fix it.
  • I started to replace the rear struts on my accord. To my consternation though, I can't seem to see where the top of the strut assembly is bolted. I know it must be in the trunk area, but it appears that it might be behind the leather rear seating. Anyone on here able to guide me in step by step fashion on getting the strut assembly out?
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    My 03EXV6 has the same thing. I wouldn't bother fixing it.