Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Fearing Hyundai?

1353637383941»

Comments

• tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    And being a movie star is sweet. Wooooo!

Many cars have been in movies... and it doesn't change a thing. The Audi has been in a recent movie, and it's certainly not your favorite. The Mini Coopers were in The Italian job years ago, and that doesn't make them any better or worse than they are. The Mercedes M-Class goes way back to Jurasic Park, and it doesn't change the M either.

Television and movies always have appearances of different makes and models. Heck, almost every car has appeared in a TV or movie production at some point in time. It's great advertising and exposure, but as I siad, it doesn't really change a thing about any car.

TagMan
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    The "Love Bog" was probably the most famous of them all. Making the VW Bug the best I guess.
    LOL. You crack me up. :)

Yeah... good ol' "Herbie, #53", or how about the TV series, "My Mother, the Car"!!!!

TagMan
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    The Beetle was the best-selling car of all-time, until Toyota said enough of that.

DrFill
    Well, that settles it, Doc... I'm just going to have to buy a Ford F150... best selling vehicle, period.

TagMan
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Get a Corolla. Greatest of all-time! ;)

DrFill
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    that settles it

It seems that everyone has had a chance to express their opinion in here. If someone gets June sales figures, send us an email and we can post them. But for now let's give Toyota and Hyundai a rest (so they both can refocus on the Chinese manufacturers coming to NA - link).

If you have something really pressing you want to impress on another member, invite them to CarSpace chat with you. :shades:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hyundai:

The South Korea-based automaker said overall sales rose 10.9 percent to 49,368 vehicles from 44,508 in last year's June. Adjusted for one more selling day in this year's June, sales rose 6.8 percent.

Hyundai Motor America sold 8,460 Santa Fe vehicles in this year's June, up from 6,156 in the year-ago period, while sales of its most popular Sonata line grew to 15,080 from 11,739.

So far this year, Hyundai Motor America's sales have grown 1.1 percent to 236,595 vehicles. Adjusted for two more selling days in this year's first half, sales have slipped 0.2 percent. (Forbes)

Toyota:

Toyota Motor Corp. said it sold 245,739 Toyota and Lexus vehicles in the U.S. in June, compared with 223,018 a year ago. For the first half of the year, it sold 725,219 vehicles.

Toyota-brand passenger cars recorded best-ever June sales of 128,239, an 8.9 percent increase over the same period last year. It was led by the Camry, with June sales of 46,630, up 12.5 percent over the same period last year.

Light-truck sales were up 11.9 percent, led by the redesigned Tundra full-size pickup. (Yahoo News) (The Associated Press reports unadjusted figures).
This discussion has been closed.