Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan

Comments

• jirzleejirzlee Member Posts: 5
    The A-Vtec engine alone is 13% more efficient, however, if the car itself weighs more (with the ACE body structure) or you take other variables into account such as wider tires, that 13% may not show through in the end. On top of that, it has not been confirmed that either the v-6 or i-4 engines will be equipped with A-Vtec, thats merely speculation.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Same thing happened with the Civic. The new engine was X percent more efficient, but in the end the MT model actually got worse fuel mileage than before. The AT did a little better, but that was because of the move to a 5 speed automatic.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Ya, with the accord so efficient, I sometimes get better mileage than some smaller cars, but yet more power too. Thats crazy, Actually when looking for a car, they directed me to the accords, NOT civics. I planned on something like the civic, but believe it or not, the civic was more expensive a month than the accord.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    The insurance on a 2door civic is like... "WOAH!!" vs the accord. I'd be afraid to see what its like on the SI.

-Cj
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    larsb posted this on the UK Honda Accord EX Diesel 2.2-liter i-CTDi (the US Acura TSX)

larsb, "Diesels in the News" #3426, 17 Jul 2007 8:17 am

I sure hope they do their homework before coming out with the US Accord Diesel in 2009.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    Ah, give me one with fatter tires and we'll call it even.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    Well, to be fair, there are more reviews that love the diesel in Accord than not (in fact, this would be the only one that I remember reading). That said, some mags that have loved the engine in Accord, haven't really liked it in Civic (or was it CR-V?) but they blamed efforts to shave off excessive weight that results from diesel engines, something they didn't have to worry about in Accord.
  • johnson5johnson5 Member Posts: 34
    After I spoke briefly with my son’s friend who is on the engineering team for 08 Accord, I made a deal with the local dealer.

300 dollars above the invoice, nothing else except for tax, title. No add on dealer prep charges and advertisement fee etc.

It is a six cylinder Ex L with navigation, AT.
    My son’s friend said the car is slightly larger, gives the illusion of wider car, better looking than the present model. Being a loyal employee and due to the few minutes I had to talk with, I could not get any further information. He will not divulge any specific information about the dimensions, increase horse power etc(Specific numbers)
    The quality control process, and delivery schedules with suppliers is what they are doing at this moment and the final production run will begin in mid August.
    okay, did you have to put money down, in order to do that deal? I'd like to make a deal on a coupe, but it seems a little risky, not seeing the car first. I may not even like the new models all together.
  • eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    Of what I'd call the "big three" (Honda,Toyota & Nissan), Honda does seem to go for more conservative styling (as compared to the competition). But, to each his own. My guess is Honda has done the research and determined most of it's "faithful" prefer it that way.

huh? why do people find honda so conservative? while the current gen accord is not as 'crazy' looking as the new altima, its better looking than the camry, (at least the base and le,xle versions; the se is ok) and the new one is much better than the new camry.

If honda really did think that their fans loved conservatively styled cars, why would they have made the new civic look the way it does? its the most radically styled small sedan on the market right now! it may not be to everyone's taste but it is the total opposite of boring. (seeing them everywhere makes them commonplace, but not exactly conservitavely styled.)
  • carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    "Of what I'd call the "big three" (Honda,Toyota & Nissan), Honda does seem to go for more conservative styling (as compared to the competition). But, to each his own."

Honda is more conservative than Toyota in their styling of cars? I say for the most part Honda is less conservative than Toyota in their styling but Nissan is more agressive than either Toyota or Honda in their styling of cars.
    Yep. I dare these people to call Civic "conservatively designed", inside and out. In fact, most complaints seem to stem from the fact that it isn't conservatively designed.

I won't call 2003-2005 Accord conservatively designed either. Honda was actually forced to go conservative with MY2006.

CR-V and Element aren't even close to being conservative.
    "Perhaps the fact that there isn't sums up my reaction--I was very surprised with how conservative the 08 Accord is. It looks something like a blend of the current gen Acura TSX and TL. On balance, I think its pretty good looking, but its very, very conservative. I had thought that Honda was going to go with a more aggressive look this time."

I haven't seen the final designs mayself of the 08 Accord but Honda can;t go to wild on the styling of the 08 Accord(sedan anyway) because the Accord Sedan has to retain its older buyer clinentle and agressive styling is something that their older buyer clientle is not looking for but at the same time I hope the new Accord sedan does nab some younger buyers. Afterall, if a car brand gets too conservative with their styling you can end up like Buick, pre-03 Caddy or Toyota(pre-2007 Camry) and a car brand or car itself can be labeled an older person's car or brand for that matter.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    I won't call 2003-2005 Accord conservatively designed either. Honda was actually forced to go conservative with MY2006.

Huh?? By replacing their generic early 1990s taillights with new original ones?? alllrighty then.

as far as this whole business about "dramatic styling"... no, the civic sedan is not dramatic. Sorry. The coupe, yes, to a degree. I think why most people call Honda's styling bland is because their cars never make people go "Wow!! that's hot!!" The only cars they've ever done that with are the NSX and S2000. Their volume cars are mostly inoffensive for a reason ... they are volume cars. You can't sell in high volumes if you are too polarizing. Appeal to the largest number of people, that's the key.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

"Yep. I dare these people to call Civic "conservatively designed", inside and out. In fact, most complaints seem to stem from the fact that it isn't conservatively designed."

Well I agree somewhat with you that the 2006+ Civic isn;t conservatively styled on the inside at all and on the outside the front of the Civic Coupe looks agressive and the back of the sedan(i.e. tailights)looks unique but not exactly sporty looking.
    "as far as this whole business about "dramatic styling"... no, the civic sedan is not dramatic. Sorry. The coupe, yes, to a degree. I think why most people call Honda's styling bland is because their cars never make people go "Wow!! that's hot!!" The only cars they've ever done that with are the NSX and S2000."

Well I think the 2004+ TL does have a little wow factor to it and its not bland looking. What about the 1994-2001 Integra? The 1994-2001 Integra was not bland at all, ditto the 1992-1996 Prelude as well. The 1992-1995 Civic Coupe I wouldn;t exactly call bland either. The 1991-1995 Acura Legend Coupe was far from bland looking.

As far as the whole 2003 Accord redesign I disliked it very heavily and as one of Honda younger buyers(well Acura's anyway) I was looking for Honda to go more after an athletic look with the 03 model like say to evoltionize the 03 Accord styling after the mid 90's Accord styling and instead we got the polarizing look with the 03 model. I will say the 03-04 Accord's look alot less polorazing to me than when they were first debut on the market in late 2002.
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    I think some may have overanalyzed my remarks--people have always gotten very defensive on here. All I was saying is that I expected Honda to go a little more aggressive with the '08 Accord based on what the concept coupe looked like and what Toyota and Nissan did with their mid-size redesigns.

I would describe the '08 Accord sedan as handsome, but it is a very bland re-design. Its certainly attractive enough, but the Camry and Altima were bolder re-designs that did some different things with styling, and the '08 Accord does not.

If I had not been in the market for a hybrid, I probably would have bought an Accord EX V6 last year so I'm not a "hater," but at the same time, I also like the Camry's styling and own a Camry Hybrid. The TCH in particular with the all-chorme grill and LED tailights. I'm not an SE fan.

Obviously, styling is subjective, but in response to one of those above comments that essentially said "who cares how many Camry's are sold?" well, for one thing, its an indicator that those that dislike the Camry's styling are probably in a distinct minority (and before you bring up fleet sales, they're substantially down this year from what I understand, and Camry sales are so strong that I doubt they're making much of a difference). A few growing pains aside, the '07 Camry launch is one of the most successful redesigns in recent history, judged solely on how much metal is being moved and what the average transaction price is.

I'm sure the '08 Accord launch will be successful, also, but the car just seems a little conservative to me. Not that I wouldn't buy one, but...its rather Sonata-esque.
    The coupe looks good and the front of it is very bold looking but the Sedan model again what happened? The sedan: It looks the 06 Sonata back end except with part of the talights chopped off on each side on the back end of the car. Honda flopped gain with the back end for the 2nd straight generation of Accord. I thought Honda wouldn;t blow this again with the 2nd generation of Accord: all this missing from making the sedan a 400K seller again is a distinctive back end due to the fact the 03 sedan both stytled front end and back end were just a mess and didn;t match up with each other.

I will take a good look at the Coupe at the autoshow that I will be going to later this year and see if it has enough headroom for my needs due to the fact that the 03 Accord Coupe there was a not enough headroom for my needs when compared to my 02 Acura CL.

Man I think the Accord sedan has everything going for it except for the back end styling.
  • maddog11maddog11 Member Posts: 42
    From the spyshots taken on Cape Cod I think the 2008 Accord Sedan looks great. It is handsome and classy in appearance. While the design overall is slightly conservative, the front end is agressive. I can see why some think it resembles the Sonata but to me it looks more like a cross between the Acura TL and the 5 series BMW. I was interested in the coupe but the latest spyshots have thinking about perhaps getting the sedan. I am anxious to see some better photographs of the coupe.
    "I think some may have overanalyzed my remarks--people have always gotten very defensive on here. All I was saying is that I expected Honda to go a little more aggressive with the '08 Accord based on what the concept coupe looked like and what Toyota and Nissan did with their mid-size redesigns."

"I would describe the '08 Accord sedan as handsome, but it is a very bland re-design. Its certainly attractive enough, but the Camry and Altima were bolder re-designs that did some different things with styling, and the '08 Accord does not."

Now I agree with you after seeing the Accord final 08 pictures of the redesign of the sedan I did expect like you for Honda to be more agressive in the redesign of the 08 Accord like Toyota was with the Camry. The 07 Altima is just an evolution of the 02-06 Altima so to me on the exterior its not a really drastic change to me for that car exterior design wise.

"A few growing pains aside, the '07 Camry launch is one of the most successful redesigns in recent history, judged solely on how much metal is being moved and what the average transaction price is."

I agree the 07 Camry is one of the most successful redesigns in recent history juding by the sales of it. As far as transaction prices go even though the 07 Camry redesign has been successful for Toyota its not selling like its for MSRP here at least I don't think it is anyway.

"I'm sure the '08 Accord launch will be successful, also, but the car just seems a little conservative to me. Not that I wouldn't buy one, but...its rather Sonata-esque."

Yeah your right the 08 Accord is Sonata-esque looking especially with the back end.
    "From the spyshots taken on Cape Cod I think the 2008 Accord Sedan looks great. It is handsome and classy in appearance. While the design overall is slightly conservative, the front end is agressive."

I agree the sedan does looks handsome and classy and the front end is agressive but the back end needs a little pizzaz to it in my opinion. What worries me for Honda is there is more competion in this category than the Camry: I mean you got a new Mazda 6 coming out as well as a new Chevy Malibu too. A new Mitsu Galant will be coming out in 09 or 2010 as well and probably a heavily refreshed 08 Chrysler Sebring I suspect as well. The competition does and will not stand still.
  • maddog11maddog11 Member Posts: 42
    I like the back end of the 2008 Accord Sedan. To me it evokes the rear of 1986-89 Accords, one of Honda's best designs. I also think the design looks more expensive than what an Accord sells for. I really don't think the 2007 Camry is anything in the bold department, except for the front end - which is getting less attractive by the day. Also the Camry's proportions look off to me; the car looks longer and narrower than it really is. The 2007 Altima is less conservative than the 2008 Accord but to me it is not nearly as attractive; it is also essentially the same design it has been since what about 2001(?) - it has just been freshened twice.
    I agree, all of those cars you listed were attractive. But bold and exciting? Not so much. There is a big difference between "not bland" and "wow!" I think you know when something is bold when half the crowd is repulsed. ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    I never meant to sound like Honda's designs were ultra conservative, I only suggested they took a slightly more conservative stance than the competition IMO. This stuff is all subjective anyway. Personally, I have no problem with the new Accord, whereas I don't like certain things about the Camry. In the end, styling is nowhere near the top of my list as far as priorities. I'm far more concerned with workmanship and reliability.
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    I would rather my car be "plain/bland" than be "offensive". To me Nissan's cars are too over-the-edge, and do not age well. I love Accords, and will buy one (when I need a new car) no matter what it looks like.
  • johnson5johnson5 Member Posts: 34
    okay, did you have to put money down, in order to do that deal? I'd like to make a deal on a coupe, but it seems a little risky, not seeing the car first. I may not even like the new models all together.

Terms:
    Deposit of 500 $ when they have dealers allocation
    Probably august 15th.

Car should be paid up with in one week after it is prepped and made ready.
    No trade in.
    Cash payment 90%. Rest of the 10% bank. Loan (to have a credit reference).

If the car is paid up with in three days, dealer will install mud guards free as a bonus.
    The dealer said he got burned down with Accords hybrids, people ordered them and when the reviews came up they did not show up and it is hard to get rid of them.

This being the most expensive Accord model EXL V6, A, with Navi, the dealer said he just wants to be sure I am serious.
    Probably in few moths to a year one may be able to get it cheaper, but I am not keen on negotiating or driving to another town and get it.

New model: my son’s friend said Honda made mistakes before with designing with Accoords02 and few other models. They made few engineering mistakes too. They acknowledge it and are making sure they will not be repeated .He says it is conservative, but not ugly or flashy.

The engineering staff at Honda is very busy and working over time to make sure that every thing will go fine with new Accord.

I specifically asked the dealer I do not want the car made in September and one later October is fine.
    Hey Good Job, and good luck! If happened to not like it, you might be able to get out of it, and get all your money back too, since it will be a hot item for awhile, and I am not sure I want to mess around with all that when they come out, I might make a deal on the 07 and wait for the 08. The current models are well made.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    Man I think the Accord sedan has everything going for it except for the back end styling.

yes, i'd have to agree 100%, the back-end is a miss.
    IMO, the term dramatic or bold styling is overused. What is bold about Altima’s styling? When it first arrived (and since has received evolutionary changes), I saw a larger version of 1999-2000 Civic sedan in the front, styling similarities to Passat in the rear. The most “bold” thing about it is use of clear lens for tail lights on an otherwise generic body style. Mercedes CLS is one of the very few cars I would describe as being stylistically dramatic or bold.

As far as 2003-2005 Accord is concerned, you could say tail lamps were influenced by earlier models, and I would throw in 1998-2002 Accord as well as Mazda 929. However, styling of the rear quarters were a complete departure from previous Accords (actually it resembled 1992-1995 Civic sedan the most in that regard).

no, the civic sedan is not dramatic. Sorry. The coupe, yes, to a degree. I think why most people call Honda's styling bland is because their cars never make people go "Wow!! that's hot!!"

Well, there is the problem. Dramatic or bold styling does not guarantee a “hot look”. It is about a different from the norm approach. Let me ask you, do you find anything dramatic or bold about Mazda6?

Honda did go the bold and dramatic way with the new Civic, especially in the front, and the interior. Blandness isn’t expected to result in love it or hate it response as was true with 2001-2005 Civic. People just call it… bland. OTOH, I have seen people “love” or “hate” the exterior and the interior of the new Civic.

Even with 2006 revision (necessitated by rather emotional response to styling), Honda decided to go for a more conservative look. It pulled out the rear a bit and gave it a more staid profile.
    I don't see why one would say Honda copied Sonata's rear end. In fact, when the new Sonata came out, people said its rear was similar to 2003-2005 Accord. So, I guess, what goes around, comes around. But here is the key. Look closely at the rear of the '08 Accord. The rear end is simply an evolution of 2006-2007 Accord but with improvised version of the 2003-2005 tail lamp design.

Accords have never been flashy but the key (in virtually every Honda) is in the details. However, there is a little something in the Accord that adds more flash than ever. The chrome around the window is thicker. At one time, people used to complain about having to deal with black plastic door handles and body matching door handles were an upgrade. Now, chrome would be an upgrade from standard color matching handles.

Accord finally gets a proper grill, and the front end is quite sporty. The side seems interesting to me, the rear could be slightly better with more styling to the lens. I would have liked to see an evolution of 1998 Accord tail lamp which was actually an evolution of 1988 Prelude's. I took tail lamps from those cars, and gave it a more edgier look (some of it is reflected in what we see in '08 Accord) and created this...

But then, had Honda gone that way, people would have said... Honda copied BMW (previous 3-series), Toyota (Avalon), Infiniti etc. Doesn't that look familiar?"
    I think the 2004+ TL does have a little wow factor to it and its not bland looking.

Yep. To my eyes, it is one of the best looking cars on the road (inside and out). It has "the elements". Interestingly enough, I find the basic design theme to have come from 1994-1997 Accord (the rear quarters), of course, edgier all over.
    IMO, the term dramatic or bold styling is overused.

I agree.

What is bold about Altima’s styling?

beats me. It looks good, but they just used elements from their other coupes (350z and g35).

Let me ask you, do you find anything dramatic or bold about Mazda6?

I think it was pretty bold when it first came out. At least if you think of bold as taking a chance and departing greatly from the norm. Whereas, at the time, Honda and Toyota were trying to "out-vanilla" each other, Mazda decided to take a chance and stand out, a far cry from the 626. Since the other manufacturers have followed suit and started adding a little flavor to their cars, the Mazda doesn't seem so bold anymore. But I do think it is still the best looking sedan in its class.

I think it was pretty bold when it first came out. At least if you think of bold as taking a chance and departing greatly from the norm

What exactly was a departure from the norm in Mazda6 styling? The key are in the details, the design is basic and in fact very safe (Mazda did go "bold" with RX8 and CX7 with some elements not normally seen in others). Good looking is not to be confused with bold. It has to do something different and unique. In fact, I could say TL's rear was kinda bold (also reflected in TSX) because of the way the shape uses vertical lines on short rear deck. But then, Volvos started using that too.
  • stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493

yes, i'd have to agree 100%, the back-end is a miss.

I have to disagree I really like the back end of the new Accord from what I have seen so far. especially on the pics of the Coupe! I like it 1,000 times better than the 2008 Subaru WRX from any angle.
    I was 90% going to go Subaru now it's probably 75% Honda probably buy an Accord and a Fit. But some other cars are in the pipeline the WRX might drive pretty well.
    But looks wise I really like the new Coupe and the Sedan looks very nice. I hope they have a better leather interior than 2007 tho.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    i *hate* to say this, but i was behind a sonata the other day, and i liked the back end. yeah, i'm thinking hyundai (sp?) ripped off some nice elements of the accord.

but, the blunt nose and the back end could be better. gosh, the saturn ion has a better looking back end (IMHO).
    the fact of the matter is, honda DIDN"T flop on the back end of this accord, as styling is totally subjective and this is your opinion. they may have made it unnatractive to YOU, but that doesn't make it a 'flop.' :blush:
    you think they are more conservative than the competition?

hmmm...element. well nissans rouge is not really as orginal as this...

civic...sorry, this is the def. more sporty and different looking car when next to the sentra or mazda 3.
    i agree with what robertsmx has said; a bold design does not guarantee a 'ooh thats hot!'.

I will say this; when i got my civic (06) i went inside to a mcdonalds to eat and a gentleman asked me if that was a new civic and he commented on how sharp and sporty it looked.

The civic sedan may not be as 'exciting' or 'sporty' as the coupe, but sporty and bold, or sporty and non conservative don't always belong in the same sentance.

the honda element is not exactly 'sporty' but is certainly not conservative. Same thing can be applied to the civic sedan; it has a sporting character, just not as much as the coupe, but it still looks very different and unconventinal.

Does ANYONE remember how many comments both civics got about making you feel like you are in the millenium falcon? surely han solo is not a conservative person!

Again, the notion that a car has to be sporty to be bold or not conservative is wrong, as i have just proven above.

And the civic coupe does get a lot of 'oooh thats hot!' especially when it first came out, and even my sedan was subjective to it. While the civic may be more commonplace and seen often as opposed to cars that are seen less on the road, that does not make it any less conservative.

Case in point: i can go weeks without seeing a vw rabbit on the road, but i can't go a day without seeing a civic. Do i think my rabbit is more dramatically styled? hardly, its very conservative (albiet clean looking with nice lines) compared to the civic.

While the new accord is not the boldest design out there, why should it be? i'm not going to go as far and say that honda is trying to cater to its older clientele, especially since their older clientel SHOULD still be driving that accord they bought a couple years ago. ;)

I've seen plenty of people under the age of 30 driving accord coupes and sedans. I supsect the same with the new version as well, which, regardless of what ANYONE thinks, IS more aggressive than the current generation.

If the kind of car that makes you say 'oh thats hot' is a s2k or a 350z, thats good! Because as toplevel sports cars with high performance capabilities, they NEED to have some flair. Does ANY 4 door sedan need it? No. But the new accords are not boring in the least, and if you are of this mindset, why are you bothering looking at family sedans anyway, and why are you expecting so much? if you think the nissan altima is more radically styled and prefer it to the new accord, don't sit here pouting about how you 'wish' honda would have been more aggresive; suck it up and buy the altima! if you still have complaints, grow up.
    To add, I would say the fascia of the new MDX is bold (and dramatic). It brings out emotions in people (good or bad).

The new CR-V is another good example of boldness in design and even orientation. I hate the grill. How could I call it bland or conservatively styled?

Perhaps we should vote, if Fusion can be called boldly or conservatively designed sedan.

Since MY1998, Honda has made an attempt to offer two flavors of Accord. The coupe gets more than just lacking two doors. It got sportiness thrown in. It also becomes a selling point against the practicality offered by sedans. People who generally buy coupes are younger and expect sporty styling. If sedan and coupe looked alike. Pre-1998 Accord and even Camry before Solara's arrival in 1999(?) make for good examples. So, there is a purpose behind making coupe look more aggressive than the sedan.

I find '08 Accord sedan's styling elegant and classy. It doesn't contain "on your face" elements. It looks contemporary while managing to carry design elements from previous generations. Again, key to classiness are in details, in subtleties. That would be why many were disappointed with the Bangle-ized 7-series compared to a rather plain looking 7-series from the past.
    as the accord is not meant to be an in your face boy racer.

can you imagine if it was? how many complaints would honda recive then? geez everyone likes giving them a hard time...they must set some kind of standard if thats the case! :P
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Personally, I don't want my sedan to be "Bold". Bold usually means the design will not age well. I keep my cars for at least 10 years, so I don't want something that looks radical today, and will look prehistoric in 5 years. No matter what a particular car looks like, some will like it, and some will not. Go with what YOU like, and not what others say. I have no problem with the looks of the new Accord sedan. My next Accord will probably be from the next generation though. My first Accord was 4th gen, then I got the 7th gen, so I will at least skip one generation between purchases. I will be looking at another car around 2013 (or later), and unless things change dramatically, it will be an Accord. The Accord designers seem to know what I like, Practical Performance, and Form following Function.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    What Elroy said. Plus. Honda targets the Baby boom generation with the Accord and has grown the car ,well,accordingly. My O2 is still perfect for me.
    while i do like the way the accord looks now and the upcoming version, i don't think my comments were directed in the way you took them. Besides form can follow function, and still look good, without being 'bold'. ;)

the new accord is in no ways bold like the new civic is; my comments were directed at those who think that honda is uber conservative. they have many vehicles that are testament to the fact that they are not.
    i disagree. ever seen the commercials for the honda civic? totally directed at young people. its not their fault if older folks buy them. (same as how its not scions fault that older folks like them too.)
  • bristol2bristol2 Member Posts: 736
    You know it's interesting that the manufacturers are obsessed with the younger target audience. With the boomers retiring the market for fixed income retirees is going to grow faster than the youth market for several years.

I guess that you end up as Buick if you don't target the youth end..... :)
    totally agreed; even older folks want to be young and hip, hence why companies who move with the times get a healthy mix of both.

the last civic si's i saw being driven were a mid 20's girl, a mid 20's guy, a 50 year old woman and then about a 60 year old man. (this was the first si sedan i had ever seen.)

cater to everyone.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Sorry,fixed it.Now read my post.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    I guess the phrase "young at heart" really works her!! I did find it funny how mom mom likes the XA over the tC and the camry solara over the 330Ci...

Maybe with all this attention on coupes(335i, g37, & skyline concept for starters), honda may reintroduce the prelude! Hopefully with a somewhat usuable rear seat and that great 4WS system of the 80s. I'd like to see that! Then honda would have a real use for the 2.3l turbo! Hopefully like Type-s, prelude is just on Hiatus not retired.

-Cj
    i dunno, i think the 2.3k series is well used in the rdx.

they should have made a smaller version for the si. that would be great!

i would love a new prelude; but if honda were ever under scrutiny, a new prelude would be examined on a microscopic level. it could be the greatest prelude ever, and there would still be hard assed unsatisfied customers.

a solara over a 330 ci? hmm...that sounds like more than a case of young at heart....

no worries, i jest! :)
  • stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493
    i *hate* to say this, but i was behind a sonata the other day, and i liked the back end. yeah, i'm thinking hyundai (sp?) ripped off some nice elements of the accord.
    but, the blunt nose and the back end could be better. gosh, the saturn ion has a better looking back end (IMHO).

Well cars are so similar nowadays so if one company has it another will sort of copy it to get more sales. be thankful you aren't into the 2008 Subaru WRX they really changed that model. The new Accord Coupe looks great in the pic I saw of it. Very sharp hopefully it will be coming out in person just like that.
    I want a new car when I get back in the US but nothing excites me I'll need a daily driver but will also look at nice used cars. Porsche etc...
    The Honda Accord is now at the top of my new car list tho. followed still by Subaru. But they sure made the new model an ugly duckling.
This discussion has been closed.