Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe (2006 and earlier)

Comments

• rickster1rickster1 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought an 05 LX w/roof 2/WD....Pewter MSRP $25,989
    Invoice $24,352

My out the door price was $23,650 tax etc all included and I did not qualify for any loyalty rebates.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Consider posting that info in the Hyundai Santa Fe: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.

tidester, host
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    but can anyone venture a guess as to how the new Santa Fe will compare in size with Pathfinder, 4Runner and new 2006 Explorer???...yes, these are the ones I am considering for a future SUV purchase, and, of course, 2006 Expy only has limited info available, same with 2006 SF...looking forward to anyone's opinion on comparisons as data is released...with July near, and fall release not far ahead, some data ought to be leaking out soon...
  • drivingmomdrivingmom Member Posts: 4
    Is the 2005 Santa Fe going to be considerably different then the 2003 or 2004 Santa Fe?

How does the Santa Fe compare withthe Pilot and the Highlander?

Thank you,
    :confuse: :confuse:
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    My brother-in-law bought a 2004 used SantaFe.He claims it is always in 4WD and cannot be "shifted" to 2WD. He claims there is no place to shift to 2wd??? Is there a button or something to shift or is the Santa Fe always 4WD ( which would then actually be AWD). I always thought the santa Fe was 2WD and could be "shifted" into 4WD when needed.
    He is getting terrible gas mileage and I think the reason is he doesn't use the 2wd feature??? I could be wrong. Can anyone help me out???
  • juswheelsjuswheels Member Posts: 42
    I'm not sure about the 2004 SantaFe but the 2005 is front wheel drive all the time and it automatically senses when it needs traction and then shifts to all wheel drive. From all reports that shift to AWD is seamless and almost unnoticeable. On the 2005 there are no buttons to push or levers to pull. It's all automatic. Most of the new AWD vehicles operate in the same way. I'm not sure what your brother-in-law means by terrible gas mileage. However, I'm sorry to say that, poor gas mileage is one of the constant complaints from Hyundai SantaFe owners. Anywhere from 15 to 18 overall with the occasional low 20's on the highway, seems about average. I know that's not what the sticker reads but that's their "real-world" MPG. Most like the reliability, utility, ride and price but nearly all are disappointed with the actual mileage they get. The Hyundai is larger and therefore heavier then the RAV-4, Forrester and Honda CV and I suspect that's part of the problem plus the 3.0 V-6 just isn't the fuel miser Hyundai says it is. Not knocking Hyundai but from everything I've read, that's the way it is. Hope this helps.
  • arnie4arnie4 Member Posts: 10
    Since I am only 5' 10" tall, I have no problem, but I have a son who is 6' 4" tall, and he did not have enough room to fit in comfortably. The seat was as far back as it could go. Is there anyone out there who is about his size that has had the very same problem??? Also I wonder if this is a problem with most small or mid-sized suv's???
    Sorry got the motors available in the SantaFe confused. Was looking something up on the Ford Forum and must have had the 3.0 V-6, on my mind. Sorry about that.
    Hyundai offers 2 V-6 motors, the 2.7 is AWD all the time, with I believe, a 60/40 split on the power. While the 3.5 is Front Wheel Drive all the time but senses when it needs traction then shifts accordingly to AWD and adds power to the rear wheels up to a 50/50 split. Two different systems but with both systems there is still no way for you to shift into or out of AWD. I am not certain if the 3.5 was available on the 2004 model, it may have been new for 2005. Either way the MPG for the SantaFe is still disappointing to many. Other than that it's a very good vehicle.
    Thankyou, I have relayed your messages to my bro-in-law.
    Just saw the spy photos from your link, of the 2006 Santa Fe. I hope no one takes this the wrong way but here goes.
    First I like the Hyundai product. It's fairly priced, has great safety features and good quality. Hyundai has already "made their mark". Now, it's time from them to actually produce their own designs and quit trying to look like the Japan Twins, Honda & Toyota, with the occasional Euro thrown in.
    My opinion of the 2006, as shown is that it's a clone of the Honda CR-V. Hyundai needs to get over the "Twins" and be their own company. The Television Commercials from our local Hyundai Dealer speaks volumes about this. He holds a Jag. hood ornament on a Sonata and even says the words that it "Looks Like" a Jag. but costs thousands less. If memory serves, didn't their other company Kia, produce a car that was a clone of a Mercedes model. Granted a cheap clone but a clone none the less. My respectful opinion is: That it's time for Hyundai to look like themselves. They're worth that kind of effort but I honestly don't think they know it. Yet !!!!!!
  • cyrdex1cyrdex1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a 2001GLS 2 wheel drive only. I live in the northeast could someone who also lives in snow county please tell me if 2 wheel drive is adequate . I go to Syracuse University and snowboard.
    that Hyundai may be as tight-lipped as Toyota about next years model, spy photos and info often escapes, giving us an idea of the future...do we have ANY idea of the size (Explorer sized?) of the vehicle and the engine (a 200 HP V6 ain't gonna cut it, 250 or more will be needed to get out of its own way, if Explorer-sized)???...
  • cyrdex1cyrdex1 Member Posts: 2
    Not sure if my daughter did the message right so we are trying again. We have a deposit down on a 2001 Sante FE GLS but I,m concern that it isn' t 4WD. We live in the northeast and would like to know of anyone who has a 2WD in the Northeast. How is it to get around. This is all we could find that she could afford so I thought if would be better then a car even if it isn't 4WD am I right or no??????????? Please answer soonnnnnnn. Thanks.
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    It is front wheel drive. As long as you have good tires on it, you should be just fine.
    I respectfully agree. It performs just as good as any other front wheel drive. Perhaps even a little better because of it's size & weight plus the added utility speaks for itself. Please remember AWD does not increase traction on ice nor does it allow for "normal" highway speeds during heavy snow. You must still use your "Winter Skills" with either system. :)

I can't tell you the number of 4 x 4's and AWD's I pass becuase they're in the ditch, each winter. It's becuase they just don't get it and believe that AWD will allow them to drive like it's July. If you think about your own winter driving experiences, I believe you may have similar memories.
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Member Posts: 378
    Hey Marsha,
    According to several sources, the '07 Santa Fe will arrive next spring with the same 3.8-liter DOHC Lambda V6 debuting in the Azera full-sized luxury sedan this November. The powertrain produces an estimated 265-horsepower and 257 lb-ft of torque; a 5-speed automanual transmission will be standard. This should provide plenty of oomph for the new ute (roughly the size of an Acura MDX/Volkswagen Touareg/Subaru B9 Tribeca, BTW). It has been rumored that the Sonata's 3.3-liter 235-hp V6 may show up in the base model.
    Here are some new spy shots for you: front 3/4, side profile. (You like those 19-inchers? :shades: )
    Mike
    has curves in all the right places and is a pretty vehicle...those pictures, I hope, are not close to production, cuz it is quite unattractive...if they could just enlarge the current one, it would still be pretty, proportioned, and just bigger...
    Well, those that jshin posted above are the real deal -- a pre-production, though finalized, unit. The only difference between that vehicle and the one we're getting here in North America is that ours will be right-hand-drive (of course), the side repeater lamps will disappear, and solar-resistant privacy glass will be standard.
    As for the current Santa Fe, styling (inside and out) has always been its most controversial attribute. This new vehicle is more upscale and a bit more conservative, so even though it stands out less, it will likely sell better.
    Mike
    Opps. I meant left-hand-drive. LOL! :blush:
    Mike
    Here's a list I've made of predicted standard equipment and options, just to keep ya’ll goin’ :wink:. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to post! (NOTE: is unknown at this point whether the base engine will be a 3.3- or a 3.8-liter V6; two to five trim levels are possible, with three [GL, GLS, & LX] being the most likely. This is the abbreviated version):

Body-color easy-grip door & exterior liftgate handles | upward-swinging tailgate with gas-filled struts & pull-grip, separate-opening glass hatch with gas-filled struts & pull-grip | liftgate-integrated spoiler with LED-type center high mounted stop light (CHMSL) | front-wheel-drive (FWD) | 5-speed electronically-controlled driver-adaptive automatic transmission with Shiftronic™ ; genuine leather-wrapped & chrome-trimmed gear-shift lever with gated plate | power-assisted RPM-sensing rack & pinion steering | fully-independent double-wishbone front suspension with stabilizer bar [27mm likely] | fully-independent multi-link rear suspension with stabilizer bar [17mm likely] | 4-wheel, 4-channel, 4-sensor Antilock Braking System (ABS) with dynamic Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD: modifies ABS performance according to specific payload placement & road conditions) & Brake Assist (BA: utilizes full ABS capability in emergency-stopping situations) | Traction Control System (TCS: anticipates & inhibits loss of control by appropriately & specifically reducing excess wheel spin & dangerously unbalanced power/grip ratios) | selectable Electronic Stability Program (ESP: automatically hinders destabilizing oversteer & understeer forces by working in conjunction with ABS, TCS, & engine-torque modulators) | power-assisted front ventilated disc brakes with floating twin-piston calipers [11.8” likely] | power-assisted rear solid disc brakes with floating twin-piston calipers [11.2” likely] | 4-wheel brake pad-wear indicators | chrome-tipped tuned dual exhaust outlets | depowered dual-front Advanced Airbag Technology supplemental restraint system (SRS) with multiple deployment thresholds (depending on crash severity) & Passenger Presence Detection (PPD: size, position, & seatbelt usage sensors), plus “Passenger Airbag Off” indicator light (upper c-stack) | driver & front passenger seat-mounted side-impact airbags | dual front-to-rear roof-mounted side curtain airbags | active front-seat head restraints (mitigate whiplash injury by moving up & forward during certain collision types) | front occupant-positioning belt & bucket pretensioners with collision-force load limiters & height-adjustable shoulder belt anchors | 3-point active safety belts (shoulder/lap combination) on all seating positions | height-adjustable head restraints on all seating positions | safety-design window switches (reduces the chance of unintentional roll-up) | remote keyless entry fob with single-stage activation/deactivation of the Vehicle Security System (VSS) plus illuminated entry, panic alarm [& likely remote liftgate release] | childproof rear doorlock switches | driver’s power window lockout control button (childproof device that disables all passenger window controls) | front & rear power side windows with driver's Auto-up/down feature, obstacle-sensing anti-pinch protection, illuminated switches, & retained accessory power | power door locks with anti-lockout feature | body-color power dual remote-controlled & heated outside break-away rearview mirrors | Speed-adjustable cruise control with steering wheel-mounted selection buttons & an indicator light (gauge housing) | blue backlit controls & displays | four (4) 12V power auxiliary outlets: two (c-stack; one with lighting element) for front-seat occupants, one (aft portion of c-stack) for rear-seat occupants, one in the cargo area | full-wrap cloth upholstered seating surfaces | genuine leather trimmed front-seat armrest | driver’s 8-way manually-adjustable bucket seat with seatback pocket | double-tiered, insulated & covered center console with armrest, hand brake, coin receptacle, & covered dual beverage-retainers (with rubber cup-grips & mug-holder capabilities) | front & rear door bins with (4) incorporated bottle holders | leather- & chrome-trimmed gear shift & hand brake levers | front & rear formed cloth door-trim inserts | dual front vanity mirrors with visor extenders; overhead illumination | flat-folding (both fore & aft) front passenger seat with seatback pocket | single-action folding 60/40-split 2nd-row bench seat with center pull-out armrest (including dual beverage-holders) | illuminated ignition key-cylinder surround | illuminated & lockable glove-box [likely with organizing separator] | front-seat passenger’s under-seat storage drawer | (3) manual temperature control dials with CFC-free air conditioning & in-cabin filtration, air re-circulate control buttons | front- [& likely 2nd-row] air duct shut-off dials | AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player, four door-integrated speakers, two A-pillar tweeters, & equalizer; CD player is compatible with MP3-encoded compact discs of both WMA & AAC formats; XM Satellite Radio™ with 3-month free subscription | roof-mounted folding bee-sting micro-antenna | overhead console with (2) map lamps & sunglass holder | center dome light with On, Off, & Door modes plus time delay | (2) front red lens lower door-marker warning lights | height/angle-adjustable steering column (collapsible during severe frontal impacts) | 4-spoke genuine leather-wrapped & padded steering wheel | cargo area tie-down fasteners | cargo area shopping bag hooks | assist grips | remote fuel filler door, hood, [& likely liftgate] release levers | deep-tinted heat-rejecting Solar Control privacy glass (aft of the B-pillar) | front speed-sensing intermittent windshield wipers & washer jets
    | rear 2-speed glass hatch wiper with streaming washer | electrical rear window defroster with timer | roof rack side-rails, body-color with unpainted inserts | body-color 5-mph bumpers; (2) rear integrated red lenses | front & rear bumper-incorporated unpainted protective skid plates | unpainted protective rocker panels | P235/65-R17 tires | 17 x 7.0J [likely 5-spoke] aluminum-alloy wheels | Full-size [likely under-body] spare tire | rupture-resistent fuel tank [likely 19.8-gallon] | warranty coverage: 10-years / 100,000-miles Powertrain Protection, 5-years / 60,000-miles Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage, 5-years / 100,000-miles Anti-Perforation Warranty, 5-years / Unlimited Mileage 24-hour Roadside Assistance.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Optional on all models: Borg-Warner electronic ITM-I™ variable fulltime all-wheel-drive (AWD) system with dash-mounted driver-selectable 4WD-lock button for a continuous 50/50 front & rear power-split
    3rd-row seats will be available -- possibly standard
    The availability of the following items is certain, but the trim of introduction is unknown:
    Automatic on/off headlamps | fog lamps (crystal lens with smooth reflector) | adjustable driver’s lumbar support | single-action folding [likely 60/40-split] 3rd-row bench seat with seatback-integrated height-adjustable head restraints, 3-point seatbelts [& likely Lower Anchors & Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)] | steering-wheel-mounted audio controls | advanced digital trip computer | chrome door-sill scuff plates | Lambda 3.8-liter 265-horsepower 24-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V6 engine with Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT), programmed electronic multi-port fuel injection, Variable Intake System (VIS), & 3-way catalyst with EGR | power tilt/slide sunroof with sliding sunshade | 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat | electrochromic auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with integrated HomeLink® Universal Transceiver & 8-point digital compass | automatic temperature control with in-cabin air filtration & smog-sensing Air Quality System | 7-spoke 18" &/or 5-spoke 19" aluminum-alloy wheels | chrome exterior door handles with body-color inserts | MACH® DSP AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer | telescopic steering wheel adjustment | sliding adjustment for front-seat armrest
    Standard on LX:
    genuine leather seating surfaces | independently selectable driver & front-passenger seat warmers | front & rear formed genuine leather door-trim inserts
    Rumors:
    6-speed electronically-controlled driver-adaptive automatic transmission with Shiftronic™ with the 3.8-liter V6 | rear-suspension Dynamic Toe Control (DTC) | available navigation system on LX | rollover-sensors for the standard side curtain airbags
  • rhouser2rhouser2 Member Posts: 114
    WOW,,,sounds like Christmas is coming early! this appears to have all i want in an suv. will rear parking assist be available sometime soon? how soon will the crash tests be done? will the steering column tilst feature be like the 05 SF or the 05 tuscon? any idea of prices?
    "WOW,,,sounds like Christmas is coming early!"
    LOL - seriously! :D

"will rear parking assist be available sometime soon?"
    It definitely will be for the home market, but there hasn't been any word for North America. If I find that it will, I'll be sure and post.

"how soon will the crash tests be done?"
    Well, with the vehicle being available next March, I would expect the IIHS results to be out late Summer '06, with the NHTSA assessment perhaps a little before that. Please note that these are just guesses on my part, and neither organization publishes exact release dates.

"will the steering column tilst feature be like the 05 SF or the 05 tuscon?"
    It will be just like the new Sonata's, so more like the current Santa Fe's than that in the Tucson. A telescopic adjustment will also be standard on LX, though this feature may be available on the other trims as well.

"any idea of prices?"
    Not yet, but Hyundai will want to price the new model competatively, so I'm thinking from $24,000-$27,000 (USD) depending on trim level and options. If it turns out that a Mobis or Sony navigation system is available as an option, prices may touch $29,000 for a "luxoed-out" LX AWD. Perhaps this'll be an "LX Limited," like the Azera? :confuse:

Later!

Mike
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    who thinks that the photo lokks like someone put the car in a vise and squeezed the left and right side together???

From the article: "Also evident from our spy shots is the change in design direction for this upcoming version of the Hyundai Santa Fe, due out toward the second half of 2006. The company has more or less replaced the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe's awkward lines with a more sculpted and distinctive look."

I think the little Santa Fe is the prettiest SUV with the nicest curves in the right places...he call them "awkward lines"...is he an experienced car reviewer or an employee from Home Shopping Network selling handbags on TV???
    Marsha,
    I honestly think the '07 looks far more upscale and professional than the one I have sitting outside. The new one (CM) doesn't seem disproportionate to me at all, really. Personal gripes with the current model (SM): the bug-like headlamps and snouty-snarly grille make it look like a fish from the front. The bodyside cladding is way too chunky, and thankfully absent on the CM. The concave surfaces along the doors look like collision damage in certain lights, while the convex surfaces above the rear tire wells give it sort of a big-hip look. The black plastic panels behind the rear quarter windows are outdated and the front fender flares are just too much for me. The '05 makeover helped some, but basically it's just a late 20th-century design that needs this total reskinning.
    Don't get me wrong, though. I do not feel that it looks terrible, just over-styled and, well, kinda awkward -- and aging. My two cents....
    What do you think of the Tucson, Marsha?

Mike
    Hey Steve,

Who is Inside Line's source for the powertrain information stated in the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Will Be Bigger, More Stylish article. This is the only website that I know of making this claim. All others are saying that either the 2.7-liter Delta II 197-hp V6 or 3.3-liter Lambda 235-hp V6 will be standard, with the 3.8 Lambda 265-hp V6 as an option -- or that the 3.8 will be standard across the board.
    Keeping the 3.5-liter Sigma just doesn't make logical sense to me either. It's more thirsty and less powerful than the 3.3 -- which, BTW, is currently being produced at the Alabama facility where the new Santa Fe will be assembled. :confuse:

Mike
    The byline is Phil Lienert with photos attributed to Hans G. Lehmann so I guess they are the source. You can send feedback to the editors using the Contact us form if you like. Or wait to next year to see how it shakes out. :-)

Steve, Host
    Thanks, Steve. I can wait: the Korean-built units (for non-North American markets) should debut in the next few months. ;)

Mike
    The Tucson looks nice to me, just small...

I guess that is why "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"... ;) :shades: ;)
    Yeah, I guess that's what it all comes down to. I dunno... maybe you'll like it better in person. :confuse:

Anyway, I'll keep posting new shots when available.

Have a great day, Marsha!

Mike
  • tommynatortommynator Member Posts: 4
    Hi Steve,
    Actually the link that you showed us for 2007 Hyundai Santa fe is not real new santa fe, I think It's mini van or some other new hyundai car.
    This is the new 2006 or 2007 Santa fe. If you guys see this pic (link), you will be amazed. It's very very luxury looking and stylish whole brand new santa fe. After I see this pix, I was totally shocked.

Spy shots:
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/58565/christmas_comes_early_for_santa_fans.html

">
    Could be. With all the spy shots coming out, I'm beginning to think that it's part of Hyundai's marketing efforts to create some buzz about the new model.

Check out the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe discussion too.

Steve, Host
    Actually, they're all the real deal (i.e., the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe [CM]). The Entourage minivan will be proportioned very much like that of the long-wheelbase version of Kia's all-new 2006 Sedona.

Here are some better shots that I posted earlier (I say "better" because these haven't been modified and are higher res). These are the good ones, but if you'd like more, let me know and I'll post the images that aren't already.

As an aside, the home market version of the CM will go on sale in October, so the vehicle will likely debut during the IAA in Frankfurt this September. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Mike
  • rhouser2rhouser2 Member Posts: 114
    when does the redesigned santa fe go on sale in the US market?
    Sometime between late February and May 2006. The home-market vehicle will go on sale in October, so we should be getting some really good information and photographs in the next few months. :D
    Stay tuned....

Mike
  • howardrfhowardrf Member Posts: 8
    Went to dealer this weekend looked and drove both (Tucson/ Santa FE) . since both seem so close in size and features, what would be your thoughts for buying one or the other..
    info appreciated
  • lexconnerlexconner Member Posts: 25
    I was at the dealer yesterday and was told the new santa fe would be out in Nov. of this year and it would have 3 row seating.
    Lex
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    They are dreaming. The new 2006 might be out in November, but that is going to be essentially the same as the 2005 model. The 2007 is scheduled to begin production in March from what I have heard, so don't expect to see that one until April or May at the earliest.
  • shivelytshivelyt Member Posts: 46
    My 01 Santy just crossed 50K. Dealer has been telling me for the last 20K that I should replace the compressor drive belt because of our hot temperatures in the desert. Wants $180, parts and labor. Seems like an out of line price considering that 15-30 minutes should be enough to remove the engine cover, squeeze the tensioner and slip off the old belt and replace. Anyone had this done lately, and how much. Thanks.
    "I was at the dealer yesterday and was told the new santa fe would be out in Nov. of this year and it would have 3 row seating."

Well, the dealer's actually right... sort of. The all-new, 7-passenger 2006 Santa Fe will debut either this later month or next, but not in the States -- it will show up on the home market in Korea first. As Dan was saying, the US will be getting the Montgomery-built version of the vehicle (which will bow at the Detroit Auto Show in January), scheduled for Spring 2006 as an '07 model ("CM"). I haven't heard anything concerning the USDM '06 Santa Fe, but if we get one, it will remain essentially the same as the '05 ("SM").
    Also note that Hyundai will be releasing an even larger car-based SUV ("upper-midsize," as the company likes to call it) late in 2006. The vehicle, internally referred to as project "EN," will offer 3rd-row seating capable of accommodating two adults, advanced standard safety systems, a 3.8-liter V6, a 6-speed automanual transmission, and styling similar to the new Santa Fe and Azera. The vehicle will likely be a touch more upscale than its other Hyundai SUV brethren: the Tucson ("JM") and Santa Fe ("CM").
    You may want to check-out the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe thread on this website: you'll find some good info and photos of both the CM and EN there.

Mike
  • LDegrelleLDegrelle Member Posts: 74
    Getting ready to buy and will be going to tak a look in person on Monday. But would appreciate first-hand experience.

How is the space behind rear seat? Specifically we have a two seater child stroller that we will have to store back there - will it fit and will thee be any room left over?

Also, saw the Tuscon has the seats fold down absolutely flat with rubberized coating on back if you ahve to carry bigger loads. How is Santa Fe with seats folding down? Are they very flat or still stick up at like a 20 or 30 degree angle?

And whats the biggest bulk item thing you have transported in your Santa Fe?

Thanks for all your feedback!!!
    Finally got the Santa Fe and I want to do everythign I can to keep it nice.

From the elements, I would like to get the Invisible Car Bra that 3M makes. Anyone have opinions on purchase or installation? I was leanign towards having someone do it for me.

Also looking to get the bolt-on bumper guards that Waag makes. They look fairly sharp and I like the idea of preventing some knucklehead (maybe even me) in the parking lot from damaging those flimsy modern bumpers we are stuck with. My last car was from 1985 and a nice Accord banged into it in parking lot. Looked like someone took a crowbar to his bumper and mine just had his paint on it.

Thanks!
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    I would advise against these types of bolt on bumpers. Cars nowadays are designed to minimize injuries to pedestrians or cyclists if you are unfortunate enough to hit somebody. These things are the equivalent of a meat grinder.

As for the 3M invisible bra, they are fine but tend to turn yellow. On a dark car it is not a problem but on a light coloured one, it shows.
    Very interesting! I had never thought about the whole effect on people aspect. Something to think about.

My Santa Fe is black, so I guess that wouldnt be bad. Ive just heard horror stories about the paint on the 2005 models (clear coat and all) and would liek to do all I can to minimize the nicks and chips.
    LDegrelle: Go to Google and type in Car bras...A lot of sites and several of the reputable invisible car bra sites have a 3m 5 yr. warranty. There are some (the good ones do not yellow. A lot of Lexus owners have that type installed. They are not cheap...and with installation (and I strongly recommend a professional installer) it will probably run you about $500.00.
    yeah, I was looking to order direct from the InvisibleMask site and use a recommended installer in the area. What I heard about them was good, just wondering if anyone in the Santa Fe world had used them.

Thanks!
    There's some more posts over in Bug guards, protective bras & film fyi.

Steve, Host