Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Corolla Audio Questions

jonathan76jonathan76 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Toyota
Can anyone tell me how to access the rear speakers in a 2000 toyota corolla sedan? I bought some new speakers but I can't even figure out how to take the old ones out! Anyone that knows how to change em out would be of great help. Thanks!

Comments

• elmer68elmer68 Member Posts: 1
    I need the Color codes for a 1997 Corolla SE. I am trying to replace the In-Dash Car radio with a cd/mp3 player. i pulled the old radio out and find out that it has a 2 harness system, the new one only has one. is there an adapter available for this or i need to rewire??

please help
  • bscott3bscott3 Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know how to remove the radio from a 2006 Corolla S?
  • maganmagan Member Posts: 18
    Is there a kit to wire in an MP3 adapter for a 2005 Corolla?
  • toyotaautofamtoyotaautofam Member Posts: 1
    there is 4 parts you must remove before you can remove the radio, Get with me for step by step insrections.
  • antithesisantithesis Member Posts: 9
    I believe their is an auxiliary input adapter that uses the cd changer input on the head unit to feed in a left and right channel only. So you can get line level in but no readout on the radio. I am looking at getting one for adding XM.
  • tomgeetomgee Member Posts: 1
    I just removed the factory radio from a 2006 Corolla LE to install an external audio input line for my Archos MP3 player. The radio is a Toyota factory AM/FM with CD changer.

The steps:

1. disconnect battery lead because of air bag sensors
    2. pop off trim around shifter stick
    3. remove center knob on the A/C panel. Remove phillips screw behind the knob. This is the only screw that has to come out (in addition to the 4 radio screws)
    4. pull the a/c console forward. It's a tight fit but it's only held by clips. This was the most difficult part for me because I didn't want to break anything. It eventually released after pulling with constant pressure.
    5. pull the air vent assembly off around the radio. This is also a tight fit, is only secured with clips. The radio face plate came off with this piece.
    6. Remove 4 10mm bolts at bottom of radio. I used putty on a 10mm socket to help hold the bolt from falling down into the dashboard. Lose these bolts and you'll easily add several hours to the job trying to fish them out of the dashboard.
    The radio slides right out. Total time to remove radio, add an external audio input and put it back together was about one hour.
  • marinesmarines Member Posts: 1
    My g/f has a 2005 toyota corolla and i need pics. or instructions on how to remove the radio from the dash.

Thanks
  • lee188lee188 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone knows what size of CD/radio will fit the 2007 Corolla, 1 DIN, 1.5 DIN or 2 DIN? Also, is there difference in size compare to the 2006 Corolla? Thanks.
  • rfinger22rfinger22 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Corolla CE, and I wanted to replace the stereo in it. But, everything I've seen shows that there's nothing that fits my car, which makes sense since the radio is huge in the car. My first question is if I was to replace the stereo, is there something I need to get it to fit? Second, what would I do to replace it? I've had a few in mind, but they're all the same in size and shape. So, I know that I need some sort of fitting in it to make it work.

Thanks!!
  • beyermdbeyermd Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone happen to know if the factory speakers are any good? I am thinking about replacing the factory stereo and wanted to know if I should do the rear speakers as well.
  • jpaolijpaoli Member Posts: 26
    I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF A 6 CD CHANGER RADIO FROM A 05-06 TOYOTA COROLLA WILL FIT.
  • beetle63beetle63 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm wanting to hook up aftermarket speakers and amps to my 2007 Corolla. Does the factory radio have low-level outs? I have a 5-disc changer with the standard 6 speakers (I don't think it's the JBL system).
  • imdanteimdante Member Posts: 4
    I want to thank tomgee for his instructions. they worked out great!

anyhow i removed my factory radio and took Pictures along the way. check it out here: http://www.elguapo5000.com/?p=150

its a step by step "HowTo" based off tomgee's post with my pictures.
  • jp10jpjp10jp Member Posts: 9
    Oh yes there is.
    I just did my 2007 corlla CE and it is same as yours.
    I bought a second source facimageeplate that fits perfectly covering the hole left by the original unit and providing instead the slot /mounts for a standard size headunit and a general purpose slot. The result is very professional and not a detriment to appearance of my new car dash.

I'll post pics when i fig out how.

BTW my next move will be upgrading the speakers. If you know how to remove the rear deck paneling gracefully to get at the speakers, THAT would be a big help to me.

Thanks and best,
    John
    Open the trunk fold the rear seat down.Remove seven phillips head screws and gromments from the plastic rear deck trim.Pull the door gasket away from rear pillar trim both side allow them to hang.Starting at the top front corner pry out rear pillar trim to release retaining clips.Pull toward the front to remove.lift front edge of rear deck panel to release retaining.slide the seat belts out of rear deck.disconnect center brake light and remove panel.
    jpaoli,
    Thank you SOOOO much. I will be trying to implement tomorrow, Friday 24Nov.
    Happy Thanksgiving!! :)
    JP
    I have the 2007 corolla CE and I do NOT find the speakers (rear) to be very good. I am trying to get access to remove them at this very time. I installed a new head unit and that was pretty easy, finding a very good 2nd source faceplate to fill in around the new unit to make a nice finished dash. Forum members helped immensely. Good luck with your improvements.
    JP
  • chowserchowser Member Posts: 1
    trying to install new stereo but at a loss to whereas to begin. attempted to remove part of dash and was going nowhere - did not want to force out any parts, besides it's my wife's car!!!! read tomgee's instruction of removal of 2005 model, but saw pics, entirely different console. would really appreciate it if someone can assist me in this situation. Thank you kindly in advance.
    I DID IT!!!!!!

JPaoli, your instructions re/the rear deck removal in my '07 Corolla were RIGHT ON, Mate!!!! I am ecstatic.

I moved my Bose rears from my '92 Max into the Corolla, and man, they sound SO much better than those CE rears. All came aart and went back together slick as a whistle.
    All thanks to your help.

Next I want to replace the fronts.
    May I ask do you know how the 'secrets' of removing the front door panels? I have found very small 'channel' like groves along bottom edge of the panels, which could be a good place to 'pry' out the panel fasteners but I'd like confirmation from the Guru before I apply the bust-it-loose pressure.

Thanks again, so much.
    JP
    I'll attempt to put a pic of the final here.
    Just let me know if you want more info on the brand/model of the faceplate. Cost about $20 and is a good qual kit product.
    Scosche is the company and here is link:

http://www.scosche.com/scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=5&ItemID=TA2048B

I put a photo of my result in my profile section but don't have a clue how to get one into this ">message.
    I hope this helps.

JP
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    JP, go to your album and click on the picture you uploaded. You'll see two links under it. Copy the one that says "embed image" then paste it into the post box to get the picture to display in a post. :)

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    pry up on the sail panel to release one of the plastic clips and remove.pry up the cover around inside door handle.remove screws.pry up on armrest pad starting at the rear working the armrest to the front and remove.remove screws.use a shop rag at back of window crank in a shoe shining motion to remove.pry around the door panel.they are 8 retaining clips holding to panel. Your going to need a 1\8 drill bit to remove 4 rivets.
    Wow Pat,
    Impressive!!!! Yo moved (embedded) my oic. Goodonya!!
    I'll try it.

Also would love to be friends but dunno how to do that either.

Pretty funny. Really I'm pretty competent generally, but don't look it here. hahahaha.

Well, I got my Sony head unit, Bose speakers front and rear moved over to the new 'rolla' from the Max, and the sound is really really nice, Rewarding is the word. Now I think I am done rubbing my scent all over the new car. I'm gonna donate the Max in next week or so, so poor thing looks a bit sad with no radio, no speakers, no shirt, no shoes,.... no problem.

Pat, congrats on that Infinity of yours. I know it must be a wonderful ride!!

Everyone have a great week.
    JP
  • mwolovimwolovi Member Posts: 2
    You have to remove the rear seats, then the rear dashboard. It is somehow a japanese standard for rear speaker mounts on sedans, has not changed much.
    Just click on some of the links and see what choices you have! ;)
    I need to know what the back of the radio plug connection look like. On a 07 toyota corolla ce with 4 speaker system. :confuse:
    I have the pic of the rear of my 07 rolla CE radio but i have no idea how to get it to you. I think the thing is in my pic album whatever that is, but i have no idea if it will stay there or vanish when i log out. if i had your email i could send it but alas. anyhoo maybe you can find it in my profile or something.
    Pat said it was easy to move pics into replies but not so for moi :)
    cheers,
    JP
    Your picture does not disappear when you log out. :-)

All you have to do is go to your CarSpace page, click on Photo Album, then click on the picture. Look below the picture and you'll see two different links underneath it. One says URL and the other says Embed Image.

If you want to give people a link to your picture, copy the text in the URL box and paste it into your message. If you want to actually display it in the message, copy the text in the Embed box and paste it into your message.

Then post the message and you'll see what you get. If you've made a mistake, you have thirty minutes to edit or delete the message.
    Jpaoli,
    I got it figured out just before your posting appeared. But once again your instructs were right on. My system sounds just great. Much deeper and cleaner than the stock box.

CHeers, JP
    Pat
    I promise i'll try to master the pics manipulation this weekend. You have been most patient! :)
    JP
  • bohrdombohrdom Member Posts: 5
    I just removed my factory stereo... here's a photo of the back:

This is the basic stock radio on the 2007 Corolla S, no CD changer or anything fancy. Special thanks to imdante for the illustrated guide, without which this might not have been possible. My new Pioneer 6800 is sounding mighty nice thanks to him... :D
    jpaoli - Thanks so much for the instructions. Following the coattails of imdante, I made a photo-journal of my experience.

For illustrated rear-speaker removal instructions, dig:

http://2k7corolla.blogspot.com/2006/12/how-to-remove-rear-speakers-from-2007.htm- l
  • bylaw30bylaw30 Member Posts: 8
    hello,
    does anyone know how to fold the rear seats down for a 99' corolla ve.
    i believe that the 99' corolla doesnt have rear folding seats. if someone knows how to replace the rear speakers plz reply.
    bohrdom,Thanks for posting the picture of the stock radio.It helps me out.Thanks again jpaoli
    On my '96 Corolla, there was a button on the top outside corner of the rear seats that I needed to press to release the internal latch. Look for this next to the headrest, on the side closest to the windows. If the button exists but the seats don't release, check immediately behind them in the trunk... th '96 has a locking mechanism back there.
  • balilovebalilove Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me on how to remove the factory cd player for corolla 2001 please. Thanks before hand.
    the 99' corolla doesnt have any sort of button near the headrest and doesnt have any lever in the trunk.
    doesn anyone know how to replace the factory rear speakers in a 99' corolla?
  • tjdepere2004tjdepere2004 Member Posts: 40
    Have a 99 Corolla CE in which the rear seats fold down. The release plugs are in the upper sides of the trunk. You pull them out and then release the safety belts inside.
    what is a safety belt and where is it located. what does the release plug in the trunk look like? thanks in advance.
    bohrdom,The radio that you removed is it a single disc or 6 discs. jpaoli
    It is a single disc... the one that comes standard.
  • kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    "what is a safety belt and where is it located" :confuse: Also known in some parts as a "Seat Belt" :shades:
  • iwannanewcariwannanewcar Member Posts: 3
    http://www.elguapo5000.com/?p=150 That link will give you instructions on removing the factory OEM stereo from the corolla and it includes pictures. My husband used it to remove the OEM stereo from our 06 and it worked like a charm! Good luck! :)
  • iwannanewcariwannanewcar Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the OEM CD changer for the 06 toyota corolla will play MP3 CDs?
    go to installdr.com, check if they have instructions on removing a 2001 factory cd player.
    jpaoli - Thank you so much again, this time for your instructions on removing the front speakers. I made another photo-journal of my experience following your technique, so now have illustrated instructions for removing front and rear speakers on a 2006 or 2007 Corolla:

http://2k7corolla.blogspot.com/

Those woofers were a real pain to get out, but c'est la vie. Nothing a little persistence couldn't fix. I'll tell you this much, though: those rivets are currently going for their final ride (destination: the city dump).

... anyone want to buy a full set of Toyota stock speakers??? ;)
  • drarsdrars Member Posts: 3
    I replaced my 2007 Corolla LE OEM radio/6-CD player with an Alpine radio in order to get an iPod connection. Can anyone suggest a place to sell this unit that would be better than a junk yard? Thanks.
    -drars
  • kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    ebay :shades:
This discussion has been closed.