Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Corolla Audio Questions

Comments

• Options
    jpaolijpaoli Member Posts: 26
    Drars sell it on ebay
  • Options
    bylaw30bylaw30 Member Posts: 8
    can anyone tell me what the biggest speaker size that you can put in a 99 corolla. and i was also wondering if it would be cheaper to install speakers myself or to get it done by professionals.
  • Options
    sdjeffsdjeff Member Posts: 2
    Hello, my first post here. I first would like to say thanks to the guys & gals here posting how to blogs and articles with step by step instructions with pics! I wish the manufactures would spend a little more time with their directions.

Here's what I'd like to do- I want to install a new car stereo below the a/c controls & behind the fold down doors where the storage compartments are. I would like to keep the fold down doors on the instrument cluster face panel (that's what Toyota calls it) to give the interior the stock look. I intend to leave the OEM stereo in place but disconnect the connections and plug them into my new stereo. I am planning on cutting (if I have to) the storage tray(s) to make room for the new stereo.

Any thoughts on this or has someone already tried this? I don't want to tint the windows and I don't want someone to break in to my car causing $500-$800 of damage to get a $130 radio.
    Thanks
    Jeff
  • Options
    sdjeffsdjeff Member Posts: 2
    Well scratch that idea above, the panel is a all in one plastic piece. Too much trouble.
    Jeff
  • Options
    kynkyn Member Posts: 1
    I might be interested in buying it back from you. How much would you want for it?
  • Options
    lilxlatinoxboililxlatinoxboi Member Posts: 1
    i just bought a 2007 toyota corolla type s. i dont like the factory radio in it... i have a 1996 honda accord with a full aftermarket system of alpine. i want to put it into my toyota. i already changed the stock radio to my alpine deck, and all the speackers i just need to run the battery cables for my amps and rca cables. wat is the best way 2 do that? dose anybody have a step bye step instructions on the best and simplest way to do that?? thanx
  • Options
    theparagontheparagon Member Posts: 1
    I have a '07 Corolla S and I want to put in a Pioneer radio with an iPod adapter. Did you have any problems with the car after installation? How difficult was it to put in?
  • Options
    does the alpine have rca output?
    hook up the power cable for you amp to the positive side of your battery put a fuse inline with the 8 gauge wire next to the battery
  • Options
    oldboyflyoldboyfly Member Posts: 1
    I have read every post here and still have questions, I know that's sad but here goes. I have an 05 Corolla that I want to change the radio, I have looked at a number of different replacements and found the one I want. JVC KD-HDR1. Ok this is where my questions start. Which harness do I need and where is the best place to buy it from and do I need an antenna adaptor and if so again where do I buy it?
  • Options
    electrobuzzelectrobuzz Member Posts: 47
    Moreso, what's a good MP3 player system to put in? Thanks!
  • Options
    irismgirismg Member Posts: 345
    You really need to go to Pep Boys and buy a Haynes manual if you've lost your owner's manual! My '98 Corolla is the same generation as yours, and mine has two buttons in the trunk for releasing the rear seats. Although, if you've got some chutzpah, you can simply pull them down with a little elbow grease.
  • Options
    02corolla_s02corolla_s Member Posts: 1
    How do I remove the rear speaker panel, so I can replace the rear speakers on my 2002 co rolla ?
  • Options
    patel7879patel7879 Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking of getting a DVD player for my 06 Corolla. I don't want to get get portable DVD player, I want the one I can fit in to dashboard in place of factory radio.

I have read few of the message here on how remove the radio and stuff, but does anyone know what size of DVD player will fit in there 1 DIN, 1.5 DIN, 2 DIN or any other size. :)
  • Options
    stillfoolish88stillfoolish88 Member Posts: 4
    hiya.. i wanted to replace my speakers in my 2008 corolla CE but i dunno what size speakers to get. Does anyone know what size speakers i should buy for the front and back speakers?
  • Options
    You can check at Crutchfield.com and plug in what kind of car you have, and they'll pull up everything that will fit. Then you can go buy it someplace else if you want to.
  • Options
    the size are front door 6 1/2 rear deck 6x9. i would recommend Infinty Kappa series.I put them in my car what a diffence in the sound.
  • Options
    Thanks! But...I wasn't the one asking.
  • Options
    The size are front door 6 1/2 rear deck 6x9. I would recommend Infinty Kappa series.I put them in my car what a diffence in the sound.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    He replied to the most recent message in the string - doesn't mean he meant the message specifically for you. ;)
  • Options
    tiernstierns Member Posts: 1
    I have an '08 Corolla and was looking at a similar Alpine unit in place of the that boring factory head unit. I'm concerned how it will look with the white-ish dash and the green clock below it. Do you have a pic of your dash you could share?

Much Thanks!
  • Options
    anlinaanlina Member Posts: 52
    Is there a way to hook up a portable boom box to this car?
    I have several cassette tapes I'd like to be able to play.

Thanks!
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    One way is to get a wireless FM transmitter (e.g. there's one from Belkin for about $20) that plugs into the earphone jack of the player and transmits over the FM band (frequencies are selectable) of your car stereo. It's not perfect, but I use it all the time in my minivan with a portable DVD player.
  • Options
    anlinaanlina Member Posts: 52
    Thanks, backy!
  • Options
    bookwoim5bookwoim5 Member Posts: 1
    I need to remove the tape deck from my 1999 Toyota Corolla so I can put in a CD player, but I can't figure out how to get it out. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    Another option: Go to your local Autozone and find the pressure points so you know where to pull.

This is what I did on my 95 that I just recently sold.
  • Options
    I've got a Haynes manual that shows how to do it. Get the one for the Corolla/Prizm. They cost less than $20.
  • Options
    michaela1michaela1 Member Posts: 1
    I just recently bought a 2008 Toyota Corolla S and was interested in upgrading the speakers. I'm not too familiar with audio systems for vehicles and i wasn't sure what kind i should look into. What would you recommend?
  • Options
    I recommend infinity,alpine,kenwood. You can fit 6.5 in front doors and 6x9 in the rear deck but you will need a adapter which you can get on ebay.
  • Options
    timmy_gtimmy_g Member Posts: 2
    i own a 2007 toyota corolla and am trying to get into and take out the cd player/main raido unit, but cant for the life of me find any screws, clips, or anyway to take this thing out. any advice?
  • Options
    go to this web site it should help you out http://www.elguapo5000.com/?p=150
  • Options
    joshuahoynesjoshuahoynes Member Posts: 1
    I have someone with a 2008 Corolla with the 6 disc CD changer (factory) and was wondering if anyone knew of an Aux port in the back that you could plug a simple audio 1/4" jack into for an MP3 player. Not the whole wiring harness deal, just the jack.
  • Options
    sorry to say there is no connection for jacks into a mp3 player
  • Options
    dkeaniedkeanie Member Posts: 16
    how do I get to the rear speakers on my 95 Corolla?
  • Options
    Hi, is it ok to put soundproofing on the hood or is there a reason why there is none fitted on the hood.
  • Options
    The only thing to i would say about putting soundproofing pad it may make the engine compartment hotter.
  • Options
    dotcom1dotcom1 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased 2009 Corolla with SAT Ready AM/FM 6 CD Changer. Has a factory installed SAT antenna. Pulled Radio out to see what kind of an end is on the lead in wire. Couldn't find the end. just the AM/FM antenna which is mounted in the rear window. Does anybody know where the wire is routed to and if it is color coded. I have a Delphi Roady 2 reciever and I wanted to use the Factory installed antenna instead of the one that came with the Roady 2. Also In case I do purchase the kit for the Factory radio I would like to install it myself if I don't have to run a bunch of wires from the rear of the vehicle. The kits aren't out yet for this 2009 so the dealer says. I asked the dealer(s) in our area about where the antenna lead ran and none of them could give me an answer. Said they didn't know because it is to new and haven't installed the kit yet. Just in case it is needed the radio is a A51846 which the owners manual says that number is a Panasonic.
  • Options
    I have a 95 Corolla that has an accelerator pedal that wont move when pulling off. This only happens first thing then it is ok, only to do the same when it has sat for a few hours. The pedal has to be pushed hard to get any revs when starting. I have looked at the pedal linkage and there doesn't seem to be anything causing an obstruction, anyone have any ideas what it could be.?
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Has the throttle body ever been cleaned?
  • Options
    dotcom1dotcom1 Member Posts: 4
    I dropped the back part of the headliner and saw that the lead went to the passenger side down into the trunk. I removed or pulled back the trunk lining and found an open end female connection that has a square plastic outside and inside that is a small about 1/16" square metal piece with what looks like a center coaxal lead in the middle. What I would like to do now is find a male connection that will work in this and make me an extension with the Delphi connector end on the other end of the wire. Went to Radio Shack and they have no such connector as that. Anyone now where I can find one. I don't know what kind of a connector that they call the one that Toyota put in there.
  • Options
    no it hasn't I don't know where the linkage is, :confuse: is it easy enough to find and d i y or should I take to a garage?
  • Options
    eleffmaneleffman Member Posts: 1
    there was a shor circuit in my lighter and now my clock , radio and lighter dont work, I check all the fuses under the hood and dont see nothing wrong with any of them I check under the panel and thera are no fuses, can you tell me wich fuse is the one to fix my stereo and clock?
  • Options
    langjahrlangjahr Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I got thjs speaker because someone here reccomended them for 2007 corolla. Well after I took the rear deck apart and took the stock speakers out, I found that these speakers don't fit. The holes are too close to the lip af the cutout to redrill, ive called a few places but no one has the right adaptor or any suggestions. please help. Charlie
  • Options
    Hey Charlie.

I went to ebay to get my speaker adaptors for the rear deck from mjmautoinnovations. They work great.
  • Options
    the fuse for the clock and radio is inside drivers side under the dash it should be a 15amp fuse
  • Options
    I have a 2007 corolla does anybody recommend where to get aftermarket radio kit and wiring harness.
  • Options
    busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    www.crutchfield.com has it all...
  • Options
    mandy7mandy7 Member Posts: 2
    i have a toyota corolla 2006, Sedan Ascent. I like to burn cds but the cds i have are CD-R and according to the user manual it can really play CD-R. does anyone know what CDs my car can play? or if u can help me in any way i would really appreciate it.
    Thank u very much
  • Options
    Sorry, but your posting isn't clear....

I like to burn cds but the cds i have are CD-R and according to the user manual it can really play CD-R. does anyone know what CDs my car can play?

If you are asking whether or not it will play burned CD-R disks, my daughter's 04 Corolla has no problem playing them.

Are you asking if it will play MP3 disks?
  • Options
    mandy7mandy7 Member Posts: 2
    sorry i was meant to say
    I like to burn cds but the cds i have are CD-R and according to the user manual it can't really play CD-R. does anyone know what CDs my car can play?

it can read mp3's but not all the time. the cd's my car plays are limited, an i dont know what to do
  • Options
    My daughter's 04 Corolla plays CD-R's all day long without any issue. She burns them on her PC and they play just fine.
This discussion has been closed.