Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Comments

• tomsky3tomsky3 Member Posts: 48
    I'm surprised that it didn't have the flaring wheel wells of the S550.

Jack
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Actually this will be a 2007 model. It should be presented in May 2006 and go on sale here before the end of the year.

M
  • ilijabmwilijabmw Member Posts: 15
    heres some more pics for people who haven't seen it yet.

all the photos are here in high-res:
    http://carphotosite.com/modelpages/MercedesBenz/2007.MercedesBenz.CL600/index.ph- p
    where's the 3-pointed star? Isn't this the "S-Class Coupe"?
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    A little housekeeping is order here. Can we move this to coupes board and change the year to 2007 since the car is here now?

M
  • benztunerbenztuner Member Posts: 76
    Im new to the forum, but I am will have some pictures of a 2007 BRABUS edition CL. Ive already got everything and should be done with the car shortly, if you want pictures let me know.
    The 2007 W216 BRABUS CL is completed. According to CEC, the USA importer for BRABUS, this is the only BRABUS CL kit on the East Coast and will be for about a month or two. We installed the front bumper, side skirts w/ entrance lights, rear bumper w/ entrance lights, lowering module, decklid spoiler, Lorinser roof spoiler, and the 21" BRABUS Monoblock VI Forged wheels. The Lorinser roof spoiler wasnt installed when these pictures were taken because BRABUS wanted pictures and I couldnt have the a different company's product on a picture for a different company's advertisement. Other options include illuminated BRABUS door sills, BRABUS aluminum door pins, BRABUS sport pedals, BRABUS floor mats/trunk mat, etc. I think this car is just sexy but maybe it's just me.

This kit as more difficult than others we've done because of the way the "bumpers" were made. The BRABUS bumpers were only add-on pieces and the stock bumpers had to be cut and then the BRABUS bumpers be attached over the stock bumper. However if you do everything correctly the bumper look like they're molded out of a single piece. There is no seal sealer, etc excess coming out from under the edges of any of the panels, etc. Take a look at the kit, the work and let me know what you think about everything. Id really like to hear some feedback about this car. if you do like it then why? if you dont like it then why? what would you do differently? I hope you guys and girls like these picutres. It took a lot of work, a lot of stress, and a lot love to make something that looks this mean.
    ">
    imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, Benztuner,

Your photos aren't loading for me -- the page is taking a long time to load, so they may be too large. Could you post a link to your CarSpace album so we can see them?

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    hi any1 own a cl , how is this car,??? is it a better bet than a s class or a cls, or are they all the same ...
    the new W216 CL is pretty much the same as the W215 CL. i have always loved the CL, the idea of a 2 door coupe with more room than a roadster but still small enough to be extremely sporty. the new CL is the epitome of luxury inside, it is for all intensive purposes a 2 door S class. the CL is set up exactly like an S class inside and all has all of the same great stylings. the outside of the car is beautiful too. the car drives exceptionally well, in my opinion, it is smooth and has great acceleration, for a car with only 387 horsepower. again, the CL is just like the S class but only 2 doors. ive driven both cars and i like both, but for different reasons. i like the CL because it is a coupe, i love the new design, it drives like a sedan and handles like a coupe, i havent found anything i dont like yet. the S class is great too; it drives so well in the city and on the highway. i really dont have anything bad to say about either car except i'd like to see more horsepower in the 550 models.
    in my opinion you cannot group the S, CL and CLS class together. i do not really like the CLS but ive driven it too and i the CL and S class cars are so much more luxurious and just better all around. if i had to choose between the CL, S, and CLS then i would be choosing between the CL and S. you should figure out what you want the car for and what you're really going to be using the car for. if you're going to be driving with more than 1 passenger very often then you might want to lean towards the S class. the CL has the room in the back but you dont really want to have someone getting in and out all the time, but if it is just you and 1 other person then id go with the CL. again, just think about what you are going to be doing with the car and make your decision. either way the S and CL, you cant go wrong they're both great cars.
    i actually put large wheels on the CL i drove, they are 21" but ive seen 22" on a CL, and it didnt make the car drive badly. now you're going to have some changes and you feel a little bit more, but it isnt very noticeable. i also put a BRABUS kit on the CL and it transforms that car into a very good looking car. ive driven almost every mercedes in the last 5 years and the CL and S class are at the top of that list of the best, but thats just my opinion. you should go test drive both or all 3 cars at your local MB dealership and make your own decision about the cars. good luck with the decision. Joshua.
    hi, thanks for a great article and advice
    So u own a cl class? v8 or v12? so u own a mb dealer or something because u driven all mercedes cars,,, and have u driven the GL class V8 and ML class V8 and which is better between them?
    I dont own a CL, but the one Im speaking about is a 550 (V8). No i dont own a MB dealership, but I do own a tuner shop and help run a MB certified collision center. I recently put a BRABUS kit on a CL, and did a Lorinser kit on a S class for the same girl so thats why I know how they drive because Ive driven them for a while. And because I work so closely with the MB dealership I happen to drive all of these cars for a certain amount of time. I have driven the GL and ML. Well in my opinion, I like the ML better. The new ML drives much better than the old ML, I didnt really like the older ML. I think the ML has a better "feel" to it, meaning it drives more like a smaller SUV/car but it gives you the space of a SUV. I dont think the GL gives you that much more space, it doesnt seem like it does to me, and it drives much more like a large SUV(Escalade, etc.) I dont like the larger SUV's so thats why I dont like the GL, but if thats your thing then you'd probably like the GL over the ML. I think the ML drives a lot better than the GL, but I like that kind of driving vehicle. I dont like big SUV's/trucks and thats what the GL reminds me of. Like I said, thats just what I think.
    ok great thanks for the info again,
    can any1 tell me when the next generation of, SL SLK and CLK is coming,?????i think it will be soon, cause i rarely see the SL SLK or the CLK class.
    i hope u can reply me more abt my messages, so well u must driven all the best luxury vehicles,is the cl better then a bentley gt?which is better, and which is the best coupe rite now, u know anything abt bmw 7 series, and the 6 series,, ???is the cl better than a6 series???and is the 7 series better than a s class???and got any info how the cayenne is? and in all of these which is the most luxury comfort car of all these... well i hope i dint ask a lot thanks bye.
    well I wouldnt go that far, to say Ive driven all the best luxury vehicles there are still endless cars I want to drive so very badly (but Im not alone with that wish). Okay, to the CL and the Bentley GT. Mercedes are great cars, personally I grew up idolizing them due to my family's ties to MB/dealerships, and I still think very highly of them. I love the CL, the ride is awesome, the car looks pretty good, I could use a little more power but there are vary few cars I couldnt use more power in, and finally the interior is very nice. The difference between the CL and Bentley GT, in my eyes, is the power CL has a V8 and V12, the Bentley has V12. The main difference is found inside each car. Bentley offers the best of the best inside, and MB lacks Bentley in the interior dept. Now I know MB has the CL600 and CL63 AMG, well these cars are going to compete in price with the Bentley GT. They will have about the same power, i think, but the interior still lacks. And when it all comes down to it, a Bentley is a Bentley and the name speaks for itself, no matter how nice a MB is it still isnt going to match up very well with a Bentley, at least to me.
    The 7 and 6 series. I really liked the 7 series before the W221 S class came out. I liked it because of all the new ideas it presented, and in fact it caught MB's attention which is why they look so similar inside now. I still like the 7 series, but i would go with the MB S class because i like the interior better, I think the S class looks better than the 7 and I feel very comfortable in the S class. The 6 series, Im going to go on a limb and say I dont really like the 6 series. The car looks okay, but Ive always thought there was something missing. Maybe because it looks like a deformed CL, I dont know but I just dont really like it. Again, inside its very generic. I think it might be BMW's choice of color schemes inside that makes the car seem so "cold", I dont feel very comfortable inside. There is very little wood/carbon, the dash and center console look like 1 solid piece. And as far as the M6 goes, its still the same car just a larger engine. BMW does VERY LITTLE to the interior of their M cars, which I dont like. Pay that much extra and I know all of the performance goodies you get with the M cars but still I want some different interior options.
    Audi, what can I say. I really like the RS Audi's, let me clarify that I really like the Euro. spec RS Audi's. The US spec cars are different, but the little differences make the car. Why would you take Porsche GT3 seats out? Why would you take the D style steering wheel out? I look at Audi's kinda the same way as the 6 series, there isnt enough separating the dash, console, doors, seats etc. They look like a leather ball exploded inside, it is all the same color, there is very little wood, very little extras.
    Okay, the Cayenne. Ive got no idea. Ive never driven, ridden in, looked at or read anything about the Cayenne. Sorry I dont think it looks that bad, but Im not too excited about a Porsche SUV, something seems morally wrong about that whole concept.
    Most luxurious from the top. Bentley GT, S/CL class Mercedes, 7 series, 6 series, Audi, and Ill put the Cayenne at the bottom because I dont know anything about it. Because these cars are all at different price points it is hard to compare them because you're not working with an equal amount of money. By the way, I work closely with the BMW dealership too which is why I can speak about the BMW series cars. So thats what I think, if anyone doesnt agree Im sorry, this is just me. I hope that helps you.
    ok thanks,well i dont realy like bentley a lot,and i think S class is the chauffeur car, as well as the 7 series,bmw 6 series is old design for a long time now, audi not my type at the moment, but i seen the images of the A7 and the 4 door coupe looks super great,i think that only leave me with the for the current cars, with only cl class. which i think looks to good,and also i think the c class looks good,and what car do u own ????and do u know when the new clk class is coming,
    Well if you dont like the other cars, try the Aston Martin DB9. The Aston Martin is a great car.
    I dont like aston, n also i can't get the CL at the moment,im just getting info abt it,1 of my friend just got a LS460L looks to good
    well like ive said its all in what you like. i happen to like the Aston Martin's, I like the Bentley. I like what the company's represent and the products they produce, but thats just me. the lexus is okay, but me im not a lexus guy. good luck with your search.
    Is this true,

CL 63 AMG boasts the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine in the world.???

I dont know much in details about car engine, can any1 tell me whats the difference between the naturally aspired and the twin turbo??? i know the twin turbo engines are fast but what else is the difference, i wan to know in detail.
  • cp64cpcp64cp Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any idea:
    - what percentage discount from the list price I can get for paying cash for the new Mercedes CL or Porsche Carrera?
    - is there any state I can buy it where the discount offered will be higher?

I am new to the site!
  • ranjeetsodhiranjeetsodhi Member Posts: 1
    Depends on the state you buy in. I got my car (2008 CL550) from NJ, and got it at invoice price. The car is stocked with the following packages (black and black interiors):
    - AMG Package
    - Premium II
    - Distronic Plus
    - Heated stearing
    - Ipod integration

The MSRP for this package was $120,080; I got the car for $112,000. Had to pay NJ taxes on top of that price though :(.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    "People who buy premium cars with six-figure price tags tend to fall into two camps. One group wants models that are rolling temples to opulence, dripping with prestige you can spot from miles away. The other prefers cars that offer a more low-key, but no less accomplished, interpretation of luxury. For this latter group, there's the 2011 Mercedes-Benz CL550.

Mercedes-Benz handles luxury with relentless competence, and as one of the costlier models in its lineup, the CL550 is a poster child for luxury done right."
    Read about the road test

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.