Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• sterlingdogsterlingdog Member Posts: 6,984
    "When I sold my parents' car a few years ago..."

I always did regret not buying that wonderful GM. :sick:

Richard
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Yeah, I've seen accidents happen too on test drives, just not with me.

On time on a busy Saturday, back in 05 or 06 when the redesigned Odyssey just got released, one of our eager sales guys tookout a family on a test drive about 10 minutes before closing in our Odyssey demo.

They had an international driver's license, and halfway on the test drive basically pulled out past a stop sign into traffic making a right hand turn, got smacked on the driver's side and ended up in a water filled ditch totalling the car. Nobody got hurt but the van's whole front end was immersed in water. :sick:

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

"Some Ford dealers do have tech nights to teach it."

I would hate to spend $36K for a car and then have to go to school to learn how to use the darn thing. Ahhh, the wonders of technology. I was looking at 2011 Town Cars and GM's. Love them or hate them, one thing remains. The dash controls are simple. I can appreciate that.

Richard
    That was absolutely fantastic! I laughed my [non-permissible content removed] off! The look on the salesman's face is priceless! I could just see myself reacting the same way. Thanks so much for sharing that one.

Richard
    I certainly see your point of view. I didn't realize that there are idiots who would actually do these kinds of things on a test drive. I don't blame you for refusing certain clients, especially those who can get you killed.

Richard
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    "...pretty sure your fleet isn't going to attract the same crowd looking at GG's BMW..."

Oh, I'm pretty confident I can attract low-ballers, grinders and joy riders. :P

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

"...now that's how you take a test drive..."

One question, how did they get Isell to go back to work? ;)

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

It's not worth the risk just to maybe get a sale.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I used to keep a tight leash on my customers when they test drove cars especially if I thought they were inclined to do something stupid.

I could tell stories about my experiences with customers on demo drives. On one such demo, the customer and his wife were in the front seat of an LS430 Ultra (loaded with ever conceivable option at the time - MSRP $69,000+ 12 years ago). He decided to put the 290 hp V-8 through its paces and wanted to test it's cornering and handling. He took some turns at 40 mph (seemingly on two wheels) that literally through me from the right side of the back seat to the left side, jamming my left shoulder into the left rear door. I shouted out in pain but that didn't stop him.

By the time he got back to the showroom, I was in agony. 1 week later I had surgery on my left rotator cuff for a huge tear. Believe it or not, this guy and his wife came up toy hospital room a few days after surgery to apologize. It seems the corporate offices urged them to do that as I had indicated I was going to get an attorney to sue them. Corporate stated that I had no case and not to get involved with attorneys. It was a workers comp case.

The best thing about the situation is that they bought the car (not from me, but someone else at the dealership) at full MSRP. So, I had to split the deal with another salesman since I was out of work for 2 months in rehab after surgery. I made an $1865 commission, and it was a half deal. I was really upset with management about that, but the refused to give me more commission.

I was taken to the hospital upon arrival back at the dealership. I still suffer pain from my left shoulder not to mention my right shoulder that I just injured.

I have lots of other stories I'll relate at other times.

2021 Genesis G90

"...always had kids coming in wanting to joy ride..."

When I recently did a paid joy ride in a Lexus IS350 the salesman was very cooperative with my request to "test the handling". He took me off the standard test drive route to an area where I knew there were some interesting curves. I was pretty familiar with the area so I had some fun with the car. He never flinched but did relate a story where a test driver had almost flipped a car on the same turns.

Maybe my CDL made him feel safer with me doing the same thing.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    An International Driver's License means one thing.

They don't know how to drive! Seriously!!
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    "Want to do it again?"

That was great. Thanks.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    I have lots of other stories I'll relate at other times.

When I was a sales manager at the last dealership I worked for, I used to hate when a family member's friend or acquaintance would be referred to me to get that "phenomenal" deal! And of course, these friends of family would only talk to me, not one of my salesmen. These "referrals" usually ended up in a NO SALE because they expected deals below invoice or significantly below invoice.

I remember one Saturday, early afternoon, a friend of my brother's came in to see me. My brother had called ahead to make sure I knew who they were and that they were very close friends. The receptionist alerted me when they got to the showroom. I greeted them and took them to my office. They told me how close they were to my brother and then-sister-in-law. They lived in the same development in Delray Beach (2 million dollar homes+) and wanted to get a navy blue luxury sedan, but with little or no options. Those vehicles were hard to come by, but I had just received a 23 car delivery from the port two days before and actually had one on inventory. I asked a salesman to grab the keys and pull the car up.

The took a demo drive and fell in love with the car. Upon their arrival back at the showroom, they joined me in my office but insisted that the salesman I assigned to them not be present during our conversation. So I asked the salesman to step outside.

This guy tells me he knows the invoice of the car from Edmunds and offers me $37,500 out the door for the car. I sat there, flabbergasted, mouth agape, and asked him how he came up with that number on a $45,365.00 MSRP car. He said the invoice on the car was $35,000, and when tax and fees are added, that's the number he is willing to pay.

I decided that this "friend" of my brother's was a true stroker and decided to approach this from a logical, sequential angle. I go to the sales desk and pull the invoice on the car. I re-enter my office, pull up Edmunds, and have him show me how he extracted the invoice as I was a little confused by his offer. I assured him I would sell him the car for $250 over invoice since I had to pay a salesman a mini commission on the deal. He pulls up the invoice and gives me one of those "hmmm, that's not what I got..."! Edmunds showed invoice at $42,320.00! I then pull the actual invoice out of my jacket pocket and it showed, with transportation, $42,420.00!

He looked at both numbers and tells me there must be incentives or some other discounts for family and friends. I responded that family and friends all pay $500 over invoice, but that I was doing him a special favor taking even less. Further, I reminded him that the new model had just come out the month before and that there were no incentives available on that model.

While we were discussing this, another salesman calls me on my cell and asks me if the navy blue sedan was available (we only had one in stock with no options). I said yes, we have not finalized negotiations. After 30 minutes of hemming and hawing, this "friend" of my brother's offers me dead invoice + taxes, fees and tags. I go out to the sales desk to check on getting the car detailed for delivery when the other sales manager tells me they had sold that same car for a $2200 profit. I tell him that is fantastic and returned to my office. I present this stroker with the bad (actually good) news. He and his wife are stunned. I explained to him that up until 5 minutes ago, he was offering me thousands under invoice and since we were so far from reality, I told them they could sell that car.

They abruptly stand, yell at me so loud that the windows shook, and proceeded to storm out of the dealership. I felt elated that we not only made a nice profit on a car I almost had to give away, but that I did not have to deal with these snobby, cheap jerks.

About 2 hours later I get a call from my brother. He is screaming and yelling at me, and when he finally calmed down, I related every detail of my interactions with them. There was silence for about 10 seconds and then my brother says - they are a bunch of cheap grubs and he really didn't like them very much but his wife and my sister-in-law were best friends. I then told him that if he ever sends me a friend of his again, I would throw them out of the showroom. He never, ever sent me a friend of his again.

In fact, he came in to buy a car for himself and I refused to sell him one. I'll tell you about that story another time.

2021 Genesis G90

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    I always did regret not buying that wonderful GM.

Richard....I kick myself for not buying it, too!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    You made some great time doing 850 miles in 12 hours. What gear did you use for takeoff? Better yet, what was your in flight speed?

Started out at 5 a.m and arrived about 7:30 PM in Richmond KY (from Tampa).
    So, actual time was about 14 hours with stops. Actual driving time was probably just over 13 hours......speed averaged almost 80. Speed limit most of the way was 70, but everyone goes about 80.

Just quick 15 minute breaks every 3 hours.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

edited March 2013
    Hey Driver if your motel does not have a free breakfast you could stop at exit 108 for Chick Fil-A.

Motel did have a free breakfast, but we left just before it starts.

Actually, my wife loves oatmeal for breakfast. First day we got some at Cracker Barrel, with coffee and tip $15.

2nd day I wanted to try McDonalds. Their oatmeal is much better....the best, with 2 coffees less than $8.

I wanted to stop for another one but can't because of the new diet plan.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    You gotta watch out for those Prelude drivers Craig :P

Mike - I think you've told that story before about your shoulder getting banged up. That's absolutely horrible. I also learned something else, who'd have ever thought an LS owner cared about handling?

Cheapskates are all over the place. It does always take you back when they are looking at $40+ thousand dollar cars & living in $2 million homes.

You refused to sell a car to your own twin brother? This I gotta hear!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    edited March 2013
    Cheapskates are all over the place.

As nearly as I can determine, that describes every one of the regular posters.

Well, maybe not. Some just want to play the game.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    edited March 2013
    Great story! Some people don't see a great deal even if smacks them right in their face.

It may sound mean spirited but I enjoyed telling people a car they wanted and then took weeks to decide on got sold. This usually happened after my repeated follow up calls that went unanswered by the customer, only to be called back days or weeks later saying they wanted that specific car.

The funniest line that a few customers told me over the years was:

"I'm really interested in this car and will be back to buy it. I won't leave a deposit on it but if you have somebody else that wants to buy it just give me a call and I'll come in and get it"

My reply would be that I don't stand around all day by a car just to notify you if someone else wants to buy it. That's not how it works.

I never understood that concept. My parents who were selling their furniture had someone tell them that as well. To call him if someone else comes and wants to buy an item he looked at.

So, you're not interested enough to buy this item, but if someone else comes through the door wanting to buy this same item, with cash in hand, I'm supposed to stop them in their tracks, turn them away, and call you to let you know???

Some people are just oddballs the way they do business.

Nah - the guys here might be a bit on the economical side, but some people make an art form out of being cheap.

Like the landlord who drives around in an S550 4Matic Mercedes and asks me to not charge him tax on $75 worth of stuff.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Like the landlord who drives around in an S550 4Matic Mercedes and asks me to not charge him tax on $75 worth of stuff.

That's how they get rich, didn't you know?

edited March 2013
    You refused to sell a car to your own twin brother? This I gotta hear!

When I moved down here in 2000, my twin brother lived in Delray Beach, about 15 miles due north of where we live. He is a millionaire many times over and went through wives, houses and cars the way I go through underwear. He had 2, not one, Harley Davidson Hogs in his 4 car garage along with a brand new Porsche Turbo Coupe, an Audi A8L and his wife drove a Lexus LS430 in 2006.

That year, 2006, he called me about trading his $120,000 Porsche (had 3200 miles on it) and his Audi A8 in on a black/saddle loaded newly introduced sedan loaded to the gills with every available option. He came up to my dealership, his wife driving the A8 and he drove the Porsche. He parks right in front of the showroom and this entourage walks into the main entrance. Everyone took a double take since we are identical twins.

He looks around and sees the car I pulled up for him on the side. He walks over to me, doesn't even say hello, says to me, "...give me the keys" and he goes off on his test drive with his wife. He returns 10 minutes later, tosses the keys to me and tells me it's nice, but no Audi A8. He says he'll take the car if I give him $150,000 for his trades, but not a penny more or less.

I digress here for a minute to tell you the new car MSRP'd for $61,200.00. Invoice on the car was $55,900.00. His Porsche had a wholesale value of $82,000.00 and his Audi A8 had a wholesale value of $58,000.00.

So, if I gave him thousands more than his trades were worth and sold him the new car for invoice, I would lose over $65,000 on the deal. After doing all this quick arithmetic in my head, I walked over to the SOB and told him to leave. He says to me, "...why was I so upset with him? We have to start negotiations somewhere, don't we?" I said to him, "...get the f... Out of my showroom and go buy you car(s) someplace else! They both left in a huff and as they walked out the door, my sales staff and manager staff broke out in applause and "well done's"!

We didn't speak for over 4 years because of that. When I explained to my Dad what had happened, he told me he would have done the same thing. These rich snobbish types always turn me off big time - and he and his wife were epitomes of that segment of our population who mistreat others because of the money and foibles they have in their safe deposit boxes. He really hasn't changed much over the years except that he has a few more million than he had then.

I have no use for those types of people, especially my brother. All he was trying to do when he walked into my dealership was show off and put me down.

2021 Genesis G90

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    That's how they get rich, didn't you know?

That's right.... The CEO of TYCO made tens of millions in salary and stock options, but still had his pricey purchases shipped to New Hampshire to avoid sales tax..

Nothing wrong with being thrifty.... Car salesmen seem to think that we shouldn't care about $100, but about their commission, instead.. I don't subscribe to that particular line of thought.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    All he was trying to do when he walked into my dealership was show off and put me down.

Great story...

Sounds like your brother was showing off with his trophy wife. Young trophy wives can be a potent aphrodisiac that keeps one in a state of euphoria and irrationality. Nonetheless, his behavior is surprising for an identical twin. By contrast, my identical twin brothers were very much alike and few could tell the difference in their demeanor and temperament.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    By contrast, my identical twin brothers were very much alike and few could tell the difference in their demeanor and temperament.

That is the way my twin (step)brothers are. They are very similar in their actions. They are also extremely close, I don't think a day goes by they don't talk (or at least text).

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Watch this hilarious prank as the salesman wets his pants

I am just catching up, so I am a little late...thanks for sharing, that was pretty amazing.

I am wondering if it was real or staged. If that salesman was an actor he should win an academy award.

If it was real, although it is funny and well done, it is a little bit questionable playing a prank like that on someone. If it were me I would sue Jeff Gordon's a-- off!

That is the way my twin (step)brothers are. They are very similar in their actions. They are also extremely close,

There's an interesting family dynamic!

Did you feel like an outsider or was everyone friendly?

My wife is a retired family therapist. I'll have to ask her how that would work out.

Did the twins end up with similar careers and hobbies?

There seems to be an unusual number of identical twins around this site.

Mike

I've been on edmunds since 1998 or so & I think that is the absolute greatest "sales" story ever told here on SFTSF. Bravo & Good for you.

What amazes me besides the fact that this was your twin brother who as you said is a millionaire many times over, is the fact that you were what in your early to mid 40s at the time? And he still felt the need to show off? Also, he KNEW you weren't going to give him THAT much for his trades & he knew there was NO WAY an LS is going to drive remotely the same as an A8, so why waste your time?

He should have called you up & said: "hey Mike, I want to get rid of my A8 & my 911. What do you think I should do?"

And you could have said: "let me see what the A8 is worth, & I'll give you as much as I can for it as well as sell you an LS for as little as I can. Maybe you'd be better off selling the 911 at a botique consignment place or privately, because I'm only going to be able to give you $X for it. I'll bring the LS up to your house and let you drive it for the weekend to see if you like it. It drives completely different than your A8."

But like you said, he had to be a jerk about it!

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    No, never felt like an outsider. We actually never even use the "step" when referring to each other as brothers. We weren't even teenagers yet when the families came together.

Hobbies, yes but career choices couldn't be more different.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited March 2013
    I am all caught up on posts now. Wow, I didn't realize there are so many cheapskates out there, unbelievable things people will do to save a buck.

Here are random thoughts about the 1400 mile trip from Tampa to Toronto area;

Ugliest rear end of any car:
    Chev Tranverse;

Looks like a really fat gu with big cheeks. (newer model looks better - it has larger lights)

535 - It's nice to have a larger car with some power to get around dicey situations. To get away from tailgators or trucks that weave over the lines.
    I would like to get those lane changing warnings on my next car....it wasn't a problem but it would be nice to have when I am older. The A4 came with it, and it is a good item to have. The 535 got 25.5 mpg on the highway.

Gas was $3.82 in Florida and $3.55 in Tennessee and Kentucky.

There are some bad drivers out there. The worst are the ones who;
    1) weave in and out to get ahead. Some were even women which surprised me.
    2) The guy who tailgates in the left lane. When he can he moves up on the right and squeezes into the space one car ahead, even though I can't go faster because there is a car in front of me.
    3) The one's who won't move out of the left lane. For some reason some people like to be in the left lane even if the other lanes are clear, or no matter what speed they drive at.

It was nice to stay about 10 miles within the speed limit in 65 or 70 mph areas. There were lots of police around, and they know how to hide. It is just nice not to have to worry about it.

I have a buzzy head from all that driving. It is like like having jetlag. It will take a few days to recover. If I close my eyes I just see the white hood of the car and dotted lines going by.

Hobbies, yes but career choices couldn't be more different.

Thanks for getting back....glad it all worked out.

So you are back in the motherland driver?

So you are back in the motherland driver?

The motherland and the fatherland!

The land with no Chick-Fil-As.

I wonder if I can get a franchise. Every one of them was completely full an hour before and an hour after lunchtime.

Temperature here is around 32F. Last year we had a warm March. This year is more normal...meaning cold. Big mistake coming back so early. Will learn for next year. My wife is getting used to staying longer. I told her if she doesn't stay from early Nov until the first week of April I will have to have a Canadian wife and a Florida wife. That didn't go over too well....besides, I couldn't afford it.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    edited March 2013
    It is a few years older, but I think that this Pepsi Max prank video is much funnier:

Uncle Drew

The setup is that NBA star Kyrie Irving has been made up to look like "Uncle Drew"- a senior citizen. The camera crew is on site filming a pick-up game, supposedly for a documentary on another player. When a player is "injured" Uncle Drew subs in...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    There are some bad drivers out there. The worst are the ones who;

1) weave in and out to get ahead. Some were even women which surprised me.

That doesn’t surprise me one bit. Come drive the PA pike like I do every day for about 40 miles round trip and you’ll see that on a regular basis. The women who drive the SUV’s are the worst offenders.

3) The one's who won't move out of the left lane. For some reason some people like to be in the left lane even if the other lanes are clear, or no matter what speed they drive at.

A little follow up on this thing with women SUV drivers on the PA pike.

About two years ago this SUV was in the left lane and wouldn’t move over. It was just getting dark as I was heading home and I had my lights on so I flashed them a few times but she stayed there in the left lane just cruising along at about the speed limit (65 MPH). Just about then, a semi moves over into the left lane behind me and sees that I flashed my lights so he flashes his and gives me a little toot of his horn. I move over and I’m thinking, ‘oh boy’. Sure enough he closed the gap and flashes his lights as he lays on his horn. Since I pretty much knew what was going to happen I laid back and it’s a good thing because she jerked her car so fast into the right lane I thought she was going to turn it over. In a little bit the semi moves over into the right lane. I’m almost expecting her to get into the left lane again but she doesn’t so I pass her. Then when I’m even with the cab of the semi he toots his horn a couple of times.

I know this could have led to an accident but I knew I had to get out of the way.

Sometimes you just need someone to clear the road for you.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

Another great story. This is also one of the reasons I did not like to sell to family or friends.

When I worked at Dodge, I was selling my parents a new Dodge Ram. We picked one they liked, in stock, it was a Quad Cab (longer bed, shorter cabin, but still 4 door). I grinded my manager so that they can get a good deal but a day later, but before they took delivery, they changed their mind (actually mom did even though this was dad's work truck) and said they wanted the Crew Cab (still 4 door, but bigger back cabin, shorter bed).

We didn't have one in stock and had to locate one, change all the paperwork, it was more expensive now, had to redo the approval, and it didn't make sense for them as they never carry people in the back so the extra leg room in the back was pointless but the extra foot or so in bed length would make better sense for my dad and is work. My mom insisted on the change or she threatened to cancel the deal! This was after considerable work went into putting the numbers together, picking the truck, getting it ready, getting the approvals and paperwork ready (dad is self employed so it took a bit of effort there). I was shocked at my parents' irrational reasoning but spoke with my manager, got everything changed and finalized the deal. It was painful nevertheless but in the end they were happy.

I have manyh other stories of selling to friends, or family of friends, few good, and few bad ones too that I'll share another time.

Just on a side note, I'm not sure if I missed something with the math with your twin brother's deal.

If as you said his Porsche was worth $82,000 and his Audi A8 was worth $58,000 in wholesale value, meaning trade in value, you had $140,000 from both cars.

He wanted $150,000 for them so you really were $10,000 apart. Say even if you sold the new car at invoice you had an additional $5300 in there ($61200 minus $55,900), meaning you were about $4700 apart. Did I miss something or did you mis type?

• gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    edited March 2013
    "These rich snobbish types always turn me off big time - and he and his wife were epitomes of that segment of our population who mistreat others because of the money and foibles they have in their safe deposit boxes."

Mike--

Don't know whether it was a freudian slip, but I think you meant "baubles" (showy trinkets of little value, but now often used to describe pearls and other fine jewelry), not foibles (shortcoming(s) in character or character flaws). Then again, given your decidedly uneven relationship with your twin the word foible may have been intentional. It's actually a much more entertaining sentence with foible since it implies that your brother and SIL are storing their character shortcomings away in a box, not displaying them at your one time place of employment.

Gogiboy
    Sure enough he closed the gap and flashes his lights as he lays on his horn.

lol......I was laughing as I thought of the image of that truck driver.

I was surprised in Georgia one little lady was driving her Civic at about 55 in a 70 zone in the passing lane...on a 3 lane stretch.

I saw the police lights flashing in my rear view mirror, I was wondering if it was for me but I would have been surprised if it was. He pulled up behind the lady and had to turn on his siren for a second to get her to pull over. They should watch for those people more often, they are seldom in an accident, but they cause them as other drivers have to get around them.

On my plate renewal there was a warning. Up to $500 fine for speaking on a cell phone. You are 4X more likely to be in an accident if you are talking on a cell phone.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    >if I can get a franchise.

If you do, add the Carrot and raisin salad back onto the menu, please.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

If you do, add the Carrot and raisin salad back onto the menu, please.

I guess it was too healthy an item for a fast food place. I'll see what I can do though.

Even my wife was impressed with their food, the cleanliness of the premises and friendliness of the staff. She is not that impressed about fast food places, though she likes McDonalds coffee and now oatmeal.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    Two of my biggest driving pet peeves:

Tailgaters and left-lane squatters. Years ago, I believe it was Car and Driver who labelled them, "Left-Lane Bandits" for stealing the left lane away!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

"...get the f... Out!..."

Ha ha ha you are my hero! I wish I had the courage to tell some of my customers that!

"...Ugliest rear end..."

Those tail lights seem to be the new standard for Chevys. See similar on many models.

edited March 2013
    "...the motherland and the fatherland..."

Hey what's up with you rowdy Canadians? Last year there were riots in Vancouver and now this:

Brawl between Canada and Mexico clears benches at World Baseball Classic

by The Canadian Press on Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:56pm -

PHOENIX – It’s not often a hockey fight breaks out at a baseball game.

But that’s exactly what happened Saturday night when Canada faced Mexico in a crucial game at the World Baseball Classic tournament.

Tensions boiled over in the ninth inning of Canada’s 10-3 rout of Mexico after a Canadian player was hit by a pitch. The incident happened because the Mexicans were upset about Canada breaking an unwritten rule of baseball’s protocol guide: don’t rub it when you’ve got a big lead. But the rules of the World Baseball Classic mean that sometimes it’s necessary for teams to run up the score.

I think too many of you are spending excess time in Florida and becoming rednecks! :P

"...more likely to be in an accident if you are talking on a cell phone..."

Equal to drinking a six pack. :sick:

Told the niece when we began driving that I promised never to yell at her if she promised to never talk on her cell when driving...EVER.

So far, so good but she still carries it with her in the car. Last week it rang and her "personal" ring tone went off. It was some vulgar rap song with "f" this and "mofo" that. I was shocked. So much for my image of her as this sweet little thing. Typical teen.

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    There was an item making the rounds on the news the other day about this woman in Maryland who was left lane camping. She and the reporting of the outrage that she got ticketed for doing 63 in a 65. Yo, lady! The ticket was not for the speed; it was for failure to keep right - a moving violation.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    I sent a letter to NBC criticizing how the story was reported- but as I always say, the media never lets the facts get in the way of a good story...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Those tail lights seem to be the new standard for Chevys.

They seem to have fixed it up quite a bit on the 2013 model, someone must have caught on;

Tensions boiled over in the ninth inning of Canada’s 10-3 rout of Mexico after a Canadian player was hit by a pitch

Don't mess with seniors....and don't mess with Canadians!

I saw that fight on the news...the pitcher purposely threw the ball at the batter. Of course the rest of the team fought for their buddy.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited March 2013
    Fezo....Thanks for relating that. It struck me..,,this lady is mad because she got a ticket for impeding traffic?

If you're afraid to drive on the interstate, stay home. Hope her ticket drives that home.

This lady needs remedial training!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
This discussion has been closed.