Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    Talk about getting shaved!

Hmmmm! So *driver, if the nurse asks me to drop my pants because she wants to shave me, should I be worried?

2021 Genesis G90

Good luck with the surgery. I'm a little jealous of the full head of hair thing.

What amazes me is that the surgeon wrote an Rx for physical therapy starting next Thursday, which is 2 days after surgery. Wow. I still can't believe I go in at 6:00 AM and will be out of there before noon. Now, they want me to have therapy even before I learn proper "derriere" hygiene. Things are definitely happening way too fast for me. They will probably expect me to play tennis by Friday!

2021 Genesis G90

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Ask your Doc if any other pain med will work as well with fewer side effects. You can also check with a pharmacist. Nothing wrong with being proactive. Good luck with the procedure.
    Ask your Doc if any other pain med will work as well with fewer side effects. You can also check with a pharmacist. Nothing wrong with being proactive. Good luck with the procedure.

Thanks, joyride. I asked about that - oxycodone, Vicodin or other drugs with codeine, but I am allergic to codeine and dilaudid, so I am limited in what I can take.

I could never be a drug addict because I have reactions to most narcotics and I am afraid of needles.

2021 Genesis G90

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    edited May 2013
    ...and it constipates me big time...

TMI dude - TEE EMM EYE!!

:)
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    edited May 2013
    Good luck Mike, I am sure it will be just fine. I took something called tramadan, or something like, that a couple of years ago when I had a bad back. It worked fine and had no side effects.

I have cut my own hair for about 40 years now and saved a bundle. Very easy to do if you have practically no hair, just zip, zip. !!

I am also jealous, but must admit, mine is easy to keep !

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

I have cut my own hair for about 40 years now and saved a bundle. Very easy to do if you have practically no hair, just zip, zip. !!

Thanks, houdini. I can tell you one thing - haircuts are not cheap any more. It costs me $15.00 a shot plus tip. He does a great job, though.

I used to go to a guy who also did a great job, but he died a couple of years ago - it took me over a year to finally find a barber who used scissors to cut my hair instead of just clippers. Today's barbers just used electric clippers and have no idea how to cut hair properly using clippers, razors and scissors. Thank goodness my new barber is younger and will outlast me in age.

If I ever tried to cut my own hair, I'd end up with a head of hair looking more like Mt. St. Helens after the eruption.

2021 Genesis G90

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,856
    haircuts are not cheap any more

My wife cuts my hair. Talk about expensive! ;)

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    I cut my man's hair too. Not a ton of it left, and he likes it super-short. May be *expensive*, but that's the price you pay for instant availability, no appointment necessary. That's gotta be worth an occasional jar-lid opening or tire-pressure checking.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    I try to avoid letting my wife near my neck with sharp objects... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I can tell you one thing - haircuts are not cheap any more. It costs me $15.00 a shot plus tip.

It's all relative I guess. I pay $25 with tip - that's the going rate in my burb for a men's haircut at a salon with a stylist. I don't use barbers anyore - they on seem to know how to cut little boy regulars....
    My wife cuts my hair. Talk about expensive!

Now that's hilarious! "...do you, tjc's wife, honor, respect, and cut tjc's hair once each month until death do you part?"

2021 Genesis G90

I try to avoid letting my wife near my neck with sharp objects...

lol...that's funny, too!

2021 Genesis G90

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    haircuts are not cheap any more.

You are so right, but I usually have a haircut plus color for about fifty bucks. My first *gray hair appeared at 55 and ever since I have coloring it. Makes me look and feel 15 years younger--but my wife is not amused.

*Wordsmiths, is it gray or grey, what's the correct spelling?
    *Wordsmiths, is it gray or grey, what's the correct spelling?

Both spellings are acceptable. There is no preference for one or the other that I could find.

As for coloring, I used to have jet black hair until I hit 35 - then, the gray/grey hairs started to appear. Now, my hair is silver in color with a few darker strands intermingled with the silver. I've never had a desire to color my hair, but I have so much of it, most people don't believe I am actually 68, but rather in my 50's.

2021 Genesis G90

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Hair care for me is simple. Soap, disposable razor and once dry, a bit of Pledge and a soft buffing cloth .
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    I used to go to a family member, but then there was a divorce and it got awkward, so I now go to a local girl.
    She's just a kid with tatt'ed up arms and some crazy hair color at times.
    Pretty easy for her, #2 every 4 weeks.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Hair care for me is simple. Soap, disposable razor and once dry, a bit of Pledge and a soft buffing cloth .

Instead of Pledge, try Mr. Clean for that "polished" look!

2021 Genesis G90

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    Mike,
    Welcome to the 'lefty' club, even if only temporarily. Maybe you will learn to like it. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Mike,
    Welcome to the 'lefty' club, even if only temporarily. Maybe you will learn to like it.

Never had much luck with my left hand - my right hand is my friend.

2021 Genesis G90

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    Here goes. Woo Hoo, my name is back.

Thank goodness...much better....I felt like I was talking to a long lost relative.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• jwm40517jwm40517 Member Posts: 284
    Not sure either, my wife ,a real woman has had five hernia surgeries in the last 20 years.
    Driver, I don't get why you put quotes around women. What am I missing?

Some people don't realize "women" get hernias. There are basically two kinds, one in the groin, one in stomach area of intestine. The hospital accepts about 60 people to have the operation each week. I was surprised "women" got hernias. Nothing sinister, just thought most people didn't know that....I didn't!

edited May 2013
    o *driver, if the nurse asks me to drop my pants because she wants to shave me, should I be worried?

Yes, that means you are in the wrong department.

Make sure you mark the area with a large marker pen, "This is the Place to work on ---------->"

Really though, good luck with your surgery.

I used to go to a family member, but then there was a divorce and it got awkward, so I now go to a local girl.

I hope you are talking about hair cuts!

Not sure either, my wife ,a real woman has had five hernia surgeries in the last 20 years.

Really, I didn't mean anything by including women. I just thought I would pass on some knowledge, it was a surprise to me. I thought hernias were just a guy thing.

In fact, I told the people at our dinner table I had a new idea...they should take all newborn male babies and they should do a hernia operation on them so they wouldn't have to take time off of work or play to have it done later in life. Just do it when the baby doesn't know what is going on. Apparently, once they do the operation it is stronger than ever, and is almost impossible to ruin.

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Gee, haircuts and hernias. I wandered back in at a great time.....

Well, if nothing else let me post some nice news. Went up Monday for what is now my monthly checkup - follow up. For the first time in many years my platelets have held up over 100 for a couple of months running. This has resulted in the lifting of a couple restrictions (I can have an occasional beer - my wife got me Beck's Dark just to celebrate; I can see the chiropractor again) and has taken me off injectible blood thinners back to coumadin which, of course is just another pill to pop. Last injection was this morning.

Next month they'll test bone marrow again and do the t cell count. If that is OK (by no means a sure thing) they'll start revacicnating me for everything. I have no immunity to all the things we all either had or got vaccinated for ages ago. Went with the old immune system. If the vaccines take without complications I will be clear to resume normal life. The really optimistic projection would be August which would mean at least I'd get a little ocean time (first since 2011). More realistically at least I should be cool at my daughter's wedding in about a year.

Trying to put mental pieces back together. You spend so much time focusing on recovering that you stop doing normal thing - which is why I haven't been around so much. Better times are coming. I got my life back and now concentrating on being the best me that I can be.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Go to Pete's barber shop on Margate Blvd. where it's an old fashioned barber and costs $12.00 now. Been seeing Steve there for over 4 years now and he's the absolute best! He cuts hair the old way and am completely satisfied!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,334
    Fezo - This is excellent news! Best wishes for a continued successful recovery!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    Well, if nothing else let me post some nice news.

That is such very good news, fezo. I am so happy for you - also nice to know all our prayers for you have been heard by The Lord. My choice would have been Beck's too. Unfortunately, because of my liver disease, I can 't drink alcohol at all, but an ice cold Beck's sure sound great.

I take warfarin because of a recurring blood clot in my left leg caused by the knee replacement, so I know all about blood thinners too. I just stopped taking the warfarin yesterday due to my upcoming surgery Tuesday. I have to start it again right after surgery.

But the news you shared is soooooo good to hear.

2021 Genesis G90

Go to Pete's barber shop on Margate Blvd. where it's an old fashioned barber and costs $12.00 now. Been seeing Steve there for over 4 years now and he's the absolute best! He cuts hair the old way and am completely satisfied!

I've been using Floren in his new Barber Shop on the northeast corner of Wiles and Lyons - it took me a long time to find him and I'm never, ever going any place else. He does such a great job on my hair as well as my Dad's hair, I'd pay $50.00 a haircut if that 's what he charged. Nope, no way would I give up on my barber.

2021 Genesis G90

Fezo - This is excellent news! Best wishes for a continued successful recovery!

Good hearing from you again, firefighter. Read your post about the Volvo. I already have 600 miles on the new Mercedes and it just turned 2 weeks old. I won't be driving too much after Monday due to my shoulder surgery - just a couple of blocks twice a week to go to physical therapy around the corner from my house. Once the stitches come out on May 22nd, I'll try driving a bit more - but my long walks will have to be discontinued for a month or two until I can handle it.

I've been in Seattle several times during the summer when I lived on California's desert to get away from the heat. Great city! But as for parking downtown, you are right - cost me an arm and a leg whenever we went into the city to sightsee. I used to enjoy the boat rides on Puget Sound. And the site from the Space Needle is something to behold as is Mt. Rainer.

2021 Genesis G90

Mike, just remember this, sometimes, drugs can be our friends! Take it from someone who's in pain all the time, sometimes it's good to get some relief. If the pain is really bad, take 'em as there's no need to suffer needlessly. And if you find that it ain't that bad, do nothing at all. Always good to have that option though just in case! :)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Right behind the CVS there...right. There's also a very good Wings Stop over there that we tried a couple weeks back...I was impressed with how good they tasted! Luckily, we have many great restaurants around our area and since it's just the two of us now, we've been eating out a bit more as I'm usually too tired to cook after working as is the wife. And when it comes down to it, it's sometimes cheaper to just eat out...and definitely more enjoyable to!

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Fezo.....great news. Check in every once in a while to at least let us know how you're doing.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Good news fezo. You need to post more often !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Gee, haircuts and hernias. I wandered back in at a great time.....

Good to have you back!

Enjoy your Becks....it goes down easy because it has that European feel of the stomach.

edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, because of my liver disease, I can 't drink alcohol at all.... I take warfarin because of a recurring blood clot...

I heard marijuana is an excellent pain killer. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has gone green and now you can legally buy marijuana for medical and recreational use.

Too bad Florida has not yet gone green. With citrus disease ravaging Florida's orange groves, with no cure in sight, marijuana could become a good replacement crop. Easy to grow, potentially strong demand from a large senior population, and the best part of all, fewer criminals and drug dealers.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,856
    Great news! Keep us posted. Never knew you would need to get all your vacinations again, but now that you say it, it make perfect sense.

Mike and Sandman. You two seem like you live really close to one another. Isn't that funny how that works? We live all over this country BS on the boards only to find a neighbor.

Stickguy and I live less than 10 miles from one another in the same county. Qbrozen and Fezo aren't that far away either.

I believe that Isell and Fintail seem to be very close to one another as well.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has gone green and now you can legally buy marijuana for medical and recreational use.

We did approve medical marijuana but the latter is still prohibited. Prescription required.
    Prescription required.

Wink, Wink! :shades:
    Yes, maybe 10 minutes with traffic...I pass his place whenever I go into work...which was canceled today. he did say there might be something late this afternoon but I'm not getting my hopes up. Summer has hit the Florida rental business! The others assured me that once school lets out, things pick up a bit which is great cause I really want to work now. Feast or famine!

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Fezo - that's such fantastic news! I'm so happy for you;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    Hang in there! I hope it all heals up quickly!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

edited May 2013
    I was reading about the $90K Tesla winning CR car of the year. It has a range of 200 miles :sick:

CR says it drives like a sports car. Oh well. Then I saw this ad on that page;

That sounds like a pretty good price to pay for a Challenger. Not sure what that last sentence means though.

Also, those wheels look a little funny, wonder if you have to pay extra for tires and discs.

WOO-HOO!!!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

I think that buying a ponycar without a big 'murrican Vee-Eight is tantamount to a crime against nature...

edited May 2013
    I heard marijuana is an excellent pain killer. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has gone green and now you can legally buy marijuana for medical and recreational use.

Smoking anything is not going to happen in my case. It took me a long time to give up cigarettes (10 years now smoke-free) and I don't want to inhale any type of smoke, no matter what the end benefit might be. I'll stick with the morphine tablets and a TNT pill every couple of days (to relieve the constipation) from the pain killers. I just hope I don't have to take them for very long.

I start therapy 2 days after surgery (already scheduled) - going to be interesting.

2021 Genesis G90

Hang in there! I hope it all heals up quickly!

Thanks, road burner.

2021 Genesis G90

edited May 2013
    I believe it means that they can't honor that price if you want to lease because the factory is only providing the $3500 incentive on a sale.
This discussion has been closed.