Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• petergibonspetergibons Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

We are looking to trade in our CPO Honda Odyssey for a lease on a CRV. When I am get lease quotes over the internet when do I mention my trade in.

Thanks,

Steve
  • jc_hondajc_honda Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have a quick question about my quote for 2012 CR-V LX 2WD (36 month lease, 36K) - I was quoted for $283/month with $1355 OTD which includes title, registration, tax, etc.

Is this a good deal??

Thanks for your insight :)
  • awurstaawursta Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if the current lease deals from Honda are any good.
    For example: $0 Down $330 a month on the CR-V EX.

Am I able to work on the MSRP at all with the dealer or the prices on these deals pretty set in stone?

Thanks!
  • putney1putney1 Member Posts: 24
    Yesterday I leased HONDA CRV 2012 AWD EX FOR 36 MONTHS 12K nothing thrown in not even a Mat.2500 down and 325 a month I thought it was a lot of money I am on Long Island
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    here in the south burbs of chicago a dealer is advertising on their website $259 per month with $0 down. ttl,doc fee and 1st payment due at signing. i think it is 12,000 miles per year for 36 months if i remember correctly
    Why would I be leasing for so much more in New York Long Island ? $325 for 36 months $2500 down tax fee .......plus DMV $70 12K
    Aren't deals regulated at some level?
  • awurstaawursta Member Posts: 3
    Was this deal was on the EX or LX model?
  • jc_hondajc_honda Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my vehicle 2012 EX AWD for $285/month, $1355 paid at pick-up which includes first payment, tax, title, registration, documentation fee. GOOD IDEA????
  • msinghalmsinghal Member Posts: 1
    Hi..

Would you mind sharing the info the dealer (name, state, city etc). I am interested in leasing 2012 CRV EX..

Thanks alot
    Mitesh
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    ex model
    edited February 2006
    NARDY on Long ISLAND EX CRV 2012 AWD
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi bloomer65. Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • anandksanandks Member Posts: 26
    hi Car_man

Can you pl. let me know what is the best deal in terms of duration for a 2012 CRV AWD EXL

i am looking for 15k miles per year.
  • tweety74tweety74 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman,
    I recently leased the new CRV AWD EXL and think I was really tricked at the very end of my transaction by going for the 48 month lease. The agreed upon price of the car was 27601.00.

715 due at signing which includes my first payment.
    Monthly payment At $376.00 which includes taxes.

These were all agreed upon prices based on a 36 month lease. At the very end when I disagreed with the finance company they tried to put me on and was put back on to honda financial They threw the 48 month lease out and it sounded ok bc I figured one extra year without having to go thru this process. Looking online now I realize I should of stayed with 36 month lease.

My question is how badly did they get me? What was the residual and money factor for Feb for the CRV AWD EXL 2012 for 12,000 miles for 36 and 48 months. I have top credit. Should my payment have been much lower? Need to know to clear my head and for future knowledge.

Thank you so much.
  • nick521nick521 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone leased an LX AWD recently? What are you paying for a 36 month lease and how much down?
    Hi anandks. Honda Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tweety74. There's nothing inherently wrong with a 48-month lease, particularly on an unsupported vehicle like the CR-V, other than the fact that 4 year leases usually last longer than manufacturers' bumper-to-bumper warranties and they increase the chances that one will go over their mileage allowance if one has a tendency to do so.

How good a deal this is really all boils down to what this vehicle's selling price is. The lower your selling price was, the better the deal you got.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00195 and 64%.

If you provide me with this vehicle's MSRP and selling price I can tell you what I think and work up some payments for you.

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car man,

Thank you so much for all your information. I truly appreciate it.

The msrp of the car was $29,105.00

The "agreed upon value" of the car was $27,601.00. The gross capitalized cost was $29,791.00 and there was a a capitalized cost reduction of $163. I live in New York. Let me know about the payments.

Thanks again so much!
  • mitch053mitch053 Member Posts: 2
    Leased a 2012 CRV AWD EX-L in NJ. $1175 cap cost reduction, $595 bank fee plus registration, plates doc fee, 15K miles/year, $359/month for 36 months. I also leased a Civic LX. Had a lot more leverage on the Civic and got a really good deal - see civic forum. For the CRV, didn't seem to have much leverage. Many people looking at and test driving CRV. Not many in stock. I think I could have done better on this one. Did I overpay or does this sound right?
  • jazzmews24jazzmews24 Member Posts: 4
    CarMan,
    Would you please provide the March money factor and residual for a 36 month 12k miles/year lease? This would be in the TN area.
    Thank you very much.
  • ceejkceejk Member Posts: 9
    Car_man,
    I would very much appreciate if you could provide the March Money Factor and Residual for a 36 Month Lease on a Honda CR-V EX-L AWD non-Nav for 15,000 miles per year. If the numbers are different for with Nav, I'd appreciate those as well. Thank you.
    Hi tweety74. The dealer invoice price of the CR-V that you are interested in is $27,126, so you're at only $475 over dealer invoice...which is a good deal.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD that has an MSRP of $29,105 and a selling price of $27,601 through Honda Finance right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $340, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out jazzmews24. Honda Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for ceejk. Honda Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,

I ended up getting a 48 month lease for the 2012 crv EXL for $376 with NYC taxes included. Given the $27,601 selling price I was given, would you be able to work up a payment for me. I put down $163.

Just wondering because the 48 month option came up at the very end of my transaction and there was no change in my payment.

Thanks!
    Tweety74
  • supersundsupersund Member Posts: 21
    Hi CarMan,

The dealer quoted me .00185 MF and 62% residual ($18,200.10) on a 36-month, 12k mile a year lease. Is this correct?

Also, for the residual, is it the percentage or the amount that is locked in? For example, if I negotiate the price of the car down close to invoice, will they go with 62% of that new amount? Or will the residual stay $18,200.10, no matter the actual purchase price of the car?

Lastly, .00185 seems high to me. When I bought my Acura TSX a few years ago, I recall paying far less interest. Do you think Honda ever offer leases with lower MF?
  • supersundsupersund Member Posts: 21
    Actually, i think they quoted me .00195 MF.
  • ersoerso Member Posts: 2
    I am leasing a 2012 CRV EX, 36 month lease, 15k miles per year.
    Is it worth it to purchase prepaid maintenance at $20 per month? Thanks in advanced for feedback and suggestions
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    Bad, 48 month lease it's not good, do the math you could have bought and gained more equtity at the end. I dont what any body says when you go past the 3/36 warranty your going to pay big time if something goes wrong. One gurantee you will have is your going to be replacing the tires and brakes.
  • ben_zellmannben_zellmann Member Posts: 1
    The money factor quoted should have been .00195. It is quit possible that Acura Financial Services had a lower money factor a few years ago. The CR-V is selling very well without sub-vented rate incentives on it. That's why Honda has little incentive to put huge incentives on it so soon after it's release. As for the residual of $18,200.10. That will not change. The 62% is based off of MSRP. By negotiating, all you are doing is reducing the price the lease is based off of, which in turn decreases the depreciation(spread between price and residual) over the term of the lease.
  • jazzmews24jazzmews24 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you, Car man, for the info.
  • neil22neil22 Member Posts: 52
    Is Honda offering any lease incentives on the CRV for March/April
  • nyrgoal99nyrgoal99 Member Posts: 7
    I dont think this is a good deal but I want some advice

MSRP:$26,455
    Discounted to:$25,081
    Tax Included: $1,223

Payment options

371 x 36 months, 0 Down
    171.31 x 36 months, $6446.17 down

12K miles
    Residual $17460
    4.8% financing on lease

My feeling is that the 4.8% is high, and I dont understand the tax. 1,200 seems really high, plus I have a vehicle worth 9-10K to trade in that I do not think they factored in.

Thoughts? What should I be getting this car for?

Also, anyone have experience with Honda One-Pay on leases
    Anyone use the Honda One-Pay Lease? I have a car worth 9-10K so I am thinking about One-Paying the entire lease as it will only be another 2K-2.5K

Thoughts?

I am thinking of saving the $1,500 in financing they will charge with 4.8%
    What is the dealer invoice on the CRV EX MSRP $26,455?

Anyone?
    Hey tweety74.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD that has an MSRP of $29,105 and a selling price of $27,601 through Honda Finance right now for 48-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $341, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Very interesting, the payment is basically the same as it would be for a 36-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi supersund. the money factor that you were quoted is correct. Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge...not their selling prices.

Honda definitely offers leases with lower money factors, but the CR-V was recently redesigned and Honda has not needed to provide much support on it yet.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome jazzmews24.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi neil22. Unfortunately, Honda's MArch lease program is not very attractive. Its current money factor is .00195 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nyrgoal99. This vehicle's dealer invoice price for a 2012 CR-V EX AWD is $24,668.

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/cr-v/2012/options.html?trim=ex&sub=suv&style=101418- 828

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man,

Does that include destination charges?
    Thanks for the info carman.
  • erikadeeeerikadeee Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man (or any others that can answer this question)...What do you mean when you say since the CRV is new, there is no lease support? I saw this mentioned in a previous post. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    It means that there are no incentives provided within the lease structure... the money factor reflects prevailing interest rates and the residuals are realistic..

Which usually means that the monthly lease cost will be nothing to write home about and maybe even extra expensive...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tjw7tjw7 Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2012
    hi c.m.have been negotiating for a crv awd ex 2012 and this is what i got as of today what are your thoughts,please..2012 Honda CRV EX. my main goal is to lease for 36 months at 15000miles per year. what should be the monthly lease if this price seems ok. thanks tj

PRICE: $24,299
    NYS Tax 8%: (zip: 12792) $1,943.92
    NYS WASTE TIRE FEE: $12.50
    NYS INSPECTION: $37.00
    DMV PLATES: $140.00
    DOC FEE: $75.00

TOTAL: $26,507.42
    thanks tj
  • dmchicago1dmchicago1 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know the April MF and residual for the 2012 CR-V EX-L?
    I emailed a couple of dealerships a few days ago for a quote for this vehicle and was quoted the same MF and residual that was used in March (0.00195 and 64%) for 12K 36 month lease
    Does anyone know where I can find whether I pay taxes on the entire sales price of the car or tax on the lease payment when leasing a car in Michigan? I have searched all over google and can't seem to find a straight forward answer. I'm going to lease my 3rd vehicle and thought with my previous 2 leases that I just paid taxes on the lease payment (use portion). However, when I put the sales price I was quoted into a lease calculator and just have it apply taxes to the use portion, i'm getting a lower payment than the dealer quoted me; however, when I calculate the payments based on paying taxes on the sales price of the car the montly payment seems to be closer to what the dealer quoted me. I'm wondering if the state law changed since my last lease??? I found some official document from the dmv but I didn't understand the document. Hoping someone out there knows (or knows of a resource that is clear and has state by state what the taxes are). Thanks in advance!
  • dmchicago1dmchicago1 Member Posts: 4
    That's about what I've been quoted.

I'm having a hard time understanding that the best I seem to be able to get on a 36 month lease with 12000 miles is $485/month.

That's zero down and Chicago taxes.

Anyone do better in my area?
    for what model? That seems really high, but I know Illinois has higher taxes.

What is your sale price before taxes? The best quote I got (albeit michigan) is 27,650 (which includes destination fee) for EX-L AWD (no nav or RES).
This discussion has been closed.