Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• erikadeeeerikadeee Member Posts: 12
    I'm sorry, that should say 26,750 is the best offer I have
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    You pay the 6% use tax on any downpayment... then, the leasing bank collects 6% on each monthly payment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dmchicago1dmchicago1 Member Posts: 4
    2012 Honda CR-V EX-L with Navigation AWD

Dealer 1: MSRP $30,605   SELLING PRICE $28,120.98   MFCTR .00195,  LEV%63,  LEASE END VALUE  19281.15,   PAYMENT 483.14 ,    483.14 OUT OF POCKET

Dealer 2:MSRP $30,605
    Invoice $28,516.88
    Selling $27,996.35 (just add $161.39 doc fee, $25 ERT fee, Taxes, and license plates)

Lease (12k/yr for 36mos and zero down): $497/mo @ .00195 money factor, with a residual value of $19,281.15
  • dmchicago1dmchicago1 Member Posts: 4
    Here's my deal:

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L with Navigation AWD
    MSRP $30,605 SELLING PRICE $28,120.98 MFCTR .00195, LEV%63, LEASE END VALUE 19281.15, PAYMENT 483.14 , 483.14 OUT OF POCKET

Got the same numbers from four dealers but this one gave me the remote start, body side molding and all season mats included and installed.
    Pick it up next week.

All done through email.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes, nyrgoal99.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome tweety74.

Car_man
    Host
    Good question erikadeee. It just means that Honda is not providing any special lease rates on the CR-V right now. As a result, if you were to lease one through Honda Finance, you would have to use its standard lease money factor...which is currently .00195 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

That's not as attractive as the factors that are available on Honda models that have lease support, but it's not terrible either. It's equivalent to an interest rate of around 4.68%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for dmchicago1.

Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • new_leasernew_leaser Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    A local dealer is advertising a 27 mo lease on 2012 Honda CR-V LX AWD for $169/mo with $1995 down.

I posted a similar message on another thread but saw this lease thread and had to ask.

The low monthly payment is very attractive to me for a brand new vehicle but want to make sure I'm not missing anything here. Should I call or stay clear?

Thanks.
  • gam5gam5 Member Posts: 1
    for a 36 month lease on a 2012 CR-V EX 4WD with 12000 miles per year what are the rates ... it it still .00195 and what about residual % is 62%, 63% or 64%?
    I assume the base 62% and depending on mileage it goes up?

Thanks, Greg
  • ccnj1ccnj1 Member Posts: 11
    I have the Pilot right now on a 36 mo. lease. The dealer is willing to let me end my lease early without penalty. My Pilot is not in great shape after the kids destroyed the interior. It also has some small body damage and I need 4 tires. I went to the dealer yesterday, and they are willing to take the cPilot as is, but want me to put $2500 down to lease an Accord. I want the CRV (leather never again will I do cloth). I was quated $453 for CRV. If I do Accord, EXL would be $299, SE $225 and EX $259. I don't know what to do. Help!
    Greetings new_leaser. That payment seems pretty low to me. If it's legit, go for it, but be careful. I'd love to know what this truck's MSRP and selling price are. Are they mentioned in the ad?

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gam5. Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You're right, residual values vary by trim level, term and mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ccnj1. First and foremost you have to figure out exactly what vehicle you want and how much you want to pay for it. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the new vehicle that you want. Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Treat your Pilot as a completely separate issue. Honda Finance automatically waives the first $1,500 in damage on returned leased vehicles. If you're truck is in worse shape than that, then you'd probably be better off paying it on your own rather than letting the dealer hold you hostage over it.

Whatever you do, you really shouldn't make a down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Lessees who make large down payments risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    Hello,

Could you please provide the May money factor and residuals for:
    CR-V EX-L AWD at 15,000 miles and 36 months
    CR-V EX AWD at 15,000 miles and 36 months

Thank you!

Patrick
    Hey Patrick. Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an EX AWD are .00195 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
  • tonystarks22tonystarks22 Member Posts: 51
    Carman have they changed for June?

Am looking for an EX-L AWD 15k miles 36 mos. Thanks in advance.
    Hey tonystarks22. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • putney1putney1 Member Posts: 24
    What is that in dollar amount?
  • abellosoabelloso Member Posts: 2
    Good evening Car_man,

Can you please provide me with the numbers for a 36-month lease on a honda cr-v exl fwd with 12,000 miles per year? Thanks. Are there any current incentives I should be aware of? Thanks.
  • burgenburgen Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    can you please provide the residual and money factor for a 24/30 months lease of a 2012 CR-V LX with 12,000 miles?

thanks for the help,

B.
  • jen71jen71 Member Posts: 5
    Hi-

Can you please share the June money factor and residual for a 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/12,000 miles/36 months?
    Thanks!
  • tjw7tjw7 Member Posts: 25
    hi, just leased a 2012 crv awd ex ,three years,15,000 per year $342 with just first month and dmv registration in new york
    That depends upon the car's MSRP and selling price. If you provide me with those numbers, or at least the MSRP and invoice price...which are available right here at Edmunds.com, I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi abelloso. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EXL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Honda really isn't providing any support on the CR-V right now, it's lease program is so-so and there's no cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go burgen. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 CRV LX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 72%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00195 and 65%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jen71. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CRV EXL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • camokatucamokatu Member Posts: 19
    I am currently leasing 2011 Honda CR-V. Got a call from dealership where I leased this car and was told, "We are in need of 2010-2011 Hondas so we can increase inventory of our used vehicles and want to buy out your vehicle." I was told that they would buy the car and get me 2012 car lease on the same car for same or lower price. Is this normal practice or something is hidden is this offer? I am 1.5 years into 3 years lease on this car.

Thanks!
    Hi camokatu. this is a typical line that dealers drop on their former customers from time to time. While yes the dealer might indeed want to increase its inventory of used vehicles, they aren't going to necessarily going to be able to get you as good a deal on your next car as you would get by waiting until the scheduled end of your current lease, or close to it. Of course, it doesn't hurt to listen to them, but I would be very surprised if the dealer was able to get you out of your current lease a year and a half early and into a new CR-V for less than what you are paying right now...unless your current payment is absolutely terrible.

Car_man
    Host
  • camokatucamokatu Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Car_man,

I figured that much, but I guess I am going to see what they say, may be I can switch leases for CR-V and Pilot. CR-V is my wife's car and I have Honda Pilot, which is also 1.5 years into a lease. I wanted to switch to something less gas hungry as we don't utilize Pilot for what it's worth so I was thinking Honda Accord. I read some rumors that 2013 is on its way, but can't find any concrete information - I think if it's going to come out it's going to be August-September 2012? I don't necessarily want 2013, but what do you lease prices for Accord EX manual transmission go for, given that 2013 is about to come out?
    You're welcome camokatu.

Car_man
    Host
  • harrycomesharrycomes Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man,
    Can you tell me the lease rates for a 2012 CRV-EX and EXL for 36 months 15,000 miles in NY?
  • stephen72stephen72 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I recently moved to Boston from abroad, so don't have a credit history yet and have negotiated the following lease deal for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX, 12,000 miles per year....

1. Money factor of 0.0033, I'm told that Honda and not the dealer sets this rate, approx. 7.92% APR

2. The term is 33 months (not 36)

3. Base cap cost of the car is $25,488 which is the Kelly blue book fair price.

4. Down payment of $6,000 which includes the first months payment, registration fees, plates etc...so it's more like $5k down and $1k for the other costs

5. Monthly repayments of $267

That is as low as they would go, so I just want to understand if this is in the right ball park. I estimate that with a good credit rating and a money factor of say 0.00195 (4.68% APR) then the repayments would come in at around $225, so I'm paying about $40 per month over the odds.

Does this sound reasonable ?
    All advise & comments welcome.

Thanks.
    Here you go harrycomes. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CR-V EX-L 4WD are .00180 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • leasegirlnyleasegirlny Member Posts: 12
    Hi car_man,

Could you tell me the July lease rates for the 2012 CR-V 2WD EX with 12,000 miles per year option in NY? Thanks!
  • hondacrvnjhondacrvnj Member Posts: 2
    Hi CAr_Man

I am in for lease for Honda CRV for either AWD EX L (rear DVD) / AWD LX

Let me know ;

1. which dealership in NJ has best deal now.

2. Expected monthly payment including Tax in NJ

3. I would like to put 0 down, not sure if I need to pay for any money other than first monthly payment.
  • pheat0npheat0n Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    So I'm seeing the 2WD LX CRV on Honda's website for $239 per month lease. Is it unreasonable to think I can get a AWD LX for somewhere in that price range? I just don't want 2WD, because of our sometimes crazy winters. I'm in zip 68122. I have a trade which I estimate I can get about $2500 for. Am I way out of line?
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    can you tell me what kind of lease payment i can expect to see in the chicago area on the base lx fwd crv? 12,000 miles per year for 3 years. the price i was given on the car was $21,262 including destination, no options added. zero down except ttl fees'
    i saw a special at another dealer for $259 per month,zero down same miles,can i do better? going to see later today
    Hi leasegirlny. Sorry for the delay in my response, I was on vacation.

Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hondacrvnj. I can't say exactly which dealership in New Jersey has the best deals on this car right now, but I can tell you that you should be in a good position to get a great deal on this car because New Jersey has a ton of competition.

Let me know the MSRP and selling price of the model or models that you are interested in as well as how long you want to lease for and what mileage allowance you need and I will be happy to use Honda's actual lease program to work up some payments for you. You can find the pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    hi pheat0n. I completely understand your desire for AWD. I wouldn't get a CR-V in your area without it either.

Given the lease program on the CR-V, you should be able to negotiate just about the same deal on a 2WD LX that you could on an AWD model.

There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment. I always advise consumers not to put money down when leasing. Consumers who make capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • newportnewsnewportnews Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Hi there. I'm in Virginia and looking to lease a Honda CRV for my mother. We want an LX 2 wheel drive, 36 months, 12k miles a year, $0 down. We will qualify for top credit tier. Would you please give me Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value? And also include any other numbers I need to calculate what the monthly payments will be. Thank you so much. This is an enormous help for people like me who are just trying to not get ripped off.
  • pheat0npheat0n Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, that makes sense. Our only thing is that we still owe on the car that we'll be trading and it has a history of frequent and costly breakdowns, so we are really trying to get out of it before something else goes wrong. This car has been such a terrible purchase that we are now gun shy when it comes to buying used. I just don't want to go that route anymore, I don't like working on cars, I rely on them too much to have them be unreliable. So the car we are trading is costing us around $200 a month, which is a comfortable payment. $250 is really all I feel comfortable with, which is why I was thinking about putting the money down to soften the lease payment.

What would you recommend? What price do you think I need to negotiate down to and how much down do you think I need to get into that $250 range? I have good credit, no late payments on record, though my income/debt ratio isn't great.
    Hi newportnews. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CRV LX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pheat0n. Shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible on your new CRV. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you're interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • billyk1billyk1 Member Posts: 16
    Hello,
    Would you provide me with the lease information for August for a CR-V EXL AWD w/DVD.
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage 15K
    msrp 30025
    Selling price 27462

Assume top tier credit.

Thank you,
    Bill
  • vinjoeanavinjoeana Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I had a 2010 Honda Accord that had 5 remaining payments on the lease. I turned it in early and had the remaining 5 payments (totaling $1450) into my new lease payment. I have the highest tier credit. I now leased a 2012 CRV - Ex AWD in New York. I had to put down $3000 ($1500 of it was for the old lease) and my monthly payments are $298 for 39 months, 10,000 miles per year. Is that a good deal? They initially wanted me to put down $5700. I know they start out high but am not sure if I ended up with a good deal. Obviously it's too late now but I'm just curious.
    Hi Bill. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with Entertainment and 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • sharpaliensharpalien Member Posts: 1
    Hi - How competitive the following lease rate is -
    Honda Cr-V 2012 EX-L with Navigation

$369 per month for 36 months and 15,000 mile.
    Sale Price - $28,473
    Aquisition Fee - $595
    Cap Cost - $29,068
    + TTL

Thanks in adv.
  • leasegirlnyleasegirlny Member Posts: 12
    Could you please tell me the money factor and residual value for NY for the CR-V EX 4WD with 12,000 per year? 36 month lease.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.