Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• hileasehilease Member Posts: 1
    Trying to decided whether or not to pull the trigger on a lease option for a 2012 CRV EX-L 2 WD. $26500 is the price on the vehicle with lease payments totaling $338 a month for 35 months (inlcuding tax), with zero down payment.

Should I take this deal?

I can afford to purachse the lower end model for $21,900 and zero down based on trade-in value. Can't decide if the lease option is a better deal or not.
  • verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    Hi Car Man,

You've been awesome in the past with your info, and the time has come to ask you again!

I'm looking to lease a 2012 CR-V EX AWD, 36 months, 15k miles per year in Cleveland, OH. Can you give me the residual and money factor? And are there any special lease incentives going on for this model?

I did some rough math, and based on prior months where you've posted the numbers for this same lease arrangement, I should be around $315/mo with $1,000 down if I can negotiate down to invoice. Not sure if I did this right.

Thanks,

verinox
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Certainly leasegirlny. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks verinox. Welcome back. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Honda is currently providing any cash incentives on this vehicle at this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • csg3csg3 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    Hello. Do you have the August lease info for an EX-L for both 12,000 and 15,000 leases please.

I am being quoted for a 36 month, 12,000 mile lease a payment of $369 with 0 money down. This is for an EX- L with mud guards and wheel locks. No Nav. The price is $27,304.

If we put $2,000 down it goes to $308. Also, if we decide to purchase instead of lease, 5 year financing is at 2.99%.

Do these numbers sound good? We are considering waiting a month to see if there are better deals to be had. Or ..... is this as good as it gets and we should stop being greedy.

What are your thoughts.
    Hi csg3. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

If I was in the market for a CR-V right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice. you can look up this car's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • mck588mck588 Member Posts: 12
    Can you please provide me with the lease info for October?
    Also, are the calculators on the Weymouth site reliable if I change the tax rate to reflect my state?
    Thanks.
    Greetings mck588. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Has anyone found the lease calculator on the Weymouth Honda website to be accurate? I have had dealers (not in MA, but I figured in the correct sales tax for my state) look at me cross-eyed when I said I wanted to pay $xxx as a monthly payment. Am I missing something? Is the acquisition fee included on the Weymouth calculator? Should there be a disposition fee or security deposit?
  • dolphin5dolphin5 Member Posts: 80
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the lease numbers (mf & resid) on 24 and 36 month, 12K mi/year leases on the 2012 and 2013 Honda CR-V LX. Also, is there any lease support being provided?

Thanks
    Here you go dolphin5. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 CR-V LX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00150 and 62%.

The numbers for the 2013 version of this vehicle are .00245 / 71% and .00155 / 64%.

Honda is not currently providing any cash incentives on this model that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
  • johnscar8johnscar8 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide Honda Finance's October money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CR-V EX-L 4WD w/Navi with 15,000 miles per year? Thanks!
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    Looking MF and residual for 2013 EX-L 36 month 10k per year.
  • hawk600hawk600 Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2012
    Hi Car_man
    Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 2013 EX-L AWD 36 months 12k year in New Hampshire?
    Considering your advice to offer $500 over dealer invoice, how much your think would be an reasonable monthly payment? I was offered $369.99/mo today with no down payment other than the first month but I thought I could do a little bit better with more time and research maybe $340 a month or less. Am I shooting too low? :)
    Thank you!!!
    FWD or AWD?
    I am very sorry!!! :)
    AWD for sure as I live in New Hampshire.
  • roosty65roosty65 Member Posts: 1
    I thought I was prepared and I wasn't. I got $210 per month for 39 months with 2500 up front + DMV, plates and 1st month. I asked about the residual value, but the whole conversation didn't get to any details. For a 39 month lease in ny with 12000 miles. I didn't like the dealer, but the price seemed better than what I had in mind when I entered.

I appreciate any insight on whether this was a good deal and I can jump on it.
    I think you had a great deal. A week ago I got a quote of $378/mo, 36 mos, 12K/yr, $1000 down plus TTL, and that was for a 2012! If I wanted the 2013, it was $393/mo. I am in NJ.
  • johnscar8johnscar8 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, can you make that 12,000 miles. I don't know what I was thinking.

THANKS!
  • funrevnfunrevn Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

We would like to lease ASAP a 2013 CRV EX-L with Navi 2wd for 36 Months and 15K per year. What is the residual and money factor for this car?

Thank you..
    Absolutely johnscar8. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CR-V EX-L 4WD with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 59%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi basamx. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hawk600. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Using an MSRP of $29,525 and a selling price of $28,266, I estimate that this vehicle would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $349. You can always give it a shot, but I think that you're a tiny bit low on your target payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey funrevn. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 26-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 2WD with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dhogue1dhogue1 Member Posts: 14
    Can someone tell me the money factor and residual on the above vehicle with 12K miles - 36 months. We are looking at leasing one tomorrow:
    Sale Price 28,550
    Doc Fee 250
    Acq Fee 595
    Gross Cap 29,547
    We were quoted a payment of $398 with 6.25% OH sales tax, $500 cash due at signing (first months payment and tags). How does this sound? Did I miss any important details?
  • dhogue1dhogue1 Member Posts: 14
    Ended up forgoing the NAV due to the complaints mentioned here and elsewhere. Summary of my deal here in Cincinnati, Ohio:
    2013 CR-V EXL AWD no NAV
    Selling Price 26,775
    Floor Mats 152
    Cargo Tray 83.75
    Total 27010.75
    Licence/Title Fees 67.75
    Acquisition Fee 595
    Doc Fee 250
    Sales Tax (6.25%) 767.93
    Cash out of pocket $500 (incl 1st pmt)
    Residual 62%, MF 0.0016 (no security deposit)
    36 payments of ~ $362
    For those interested, leased from Joe Morgan Honda. I got quotes from every dealer in Cincinnati and they blew away the competition. Great dealership. I would highly recommend.
    Hi dhogue1. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the November lease numbers on 2012 and 2013 awd lx crv's. I'm looking for the resid and mf on 24 and 36 month leases with 12k mi per yr.

Thanks
  • cmks02cmks02 Member Posts: 22
    Car_Man:

I would like to know the November lease money factor and residual for a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD, 10K and 12K miles per year.
    Hi dolphin5. I'm still working on finding out the residual values, but those aren't as important anyhow because dealers do not have the ability to modify them.

Honda Finance's November by rate lease money factor and residual value for 24 to 36 month leases of the 2013 CR-V is .00160 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model is .00126.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cmks02. As I mentioned in my previous post I have not seen the residual values for Honda yet. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2013 CR-V is .00160 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • cmks02cmks02 Member Posts: 22
    Car_Man,

Have you been able to find the November residual for 2013 AWD CR-V EX-L, 12000 miles per year??

Can you also confirm the money factor? I was quoted .00150 today, not .00160 as you mentioned above.

Thank you
    I certainly have cmks02. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier. I believe that the factor drops slightly to .00150 on "Sign and Drive" aka nothing due at signing leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • whackedwhacked Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_man,

Can you kindly post the residuals and MFs for both the 2013 Honda CR-V FWD LX and AWD LX for a 10K/year, 36 month lease?

I always appreciate your help on these forums.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Car_man,

Can you confirm the 67% residual for the ny metro area on a 36 month - 12k mi / yr lease on a awd crv EX-L. I'm being quoted 62% without anyone checking credit.

Thanks
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe or Chevy Traverse, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.
  • mrvvrroommmrvvrroomm Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I am not seeing 67%. I'm seeing 62% for CRV AWD EXL at 36 months, 12K miles/year here in Minnesota.
    Certainly Mike. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CR-V FWD LX with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for an LX AWD would be the same, but its residual value would be 65%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    Hi dolphin5. Vehicles' residual values don't have anything to do with your credit score. They're the same for all credit tiers. The residual value for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD without navigation is 67%. The residual value actually bumps 2% for lease with only 12,000 miles per year. I might have thought that the previous poster was looking for a 15k lease.

Perhaps the dealer is talking about a 2012 model. The residual value for a 24-month lease of that would be around 62%.

Car_man
    Host
  • kshadykshady Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a lease for a 2013 LX-CRV AWD w/o navi for $320 a month (not including taxes), 36 month lease with one month free, is this a decent deal? Basically, this is the current Honda offer except that they upgraded to the AWD from the 2WD.

Thanks, dealer is in metro NYC.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Can you post the December finance numbers and incentives for the CR-V EX-L for 12k and 15k miles? Thanks!
  • ghiavertfoolghiavertfool Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I too would love to know the Dec numbers for a 2013 CRV-EX-L for 12 and 15k. I just got a quote for 12k and they used 62%. I didn't get (yet) the MF they used. Thanks!
    Certainly sprinkler13. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ghiavertfool. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    Hi folks,
    From decoding the Honda Days special online. Here are the figures I'm getting a CRV LX 2WD, can you confirm this car_man, it differs slightly than what you said or maybe you were talking about a different model.

12K/36months
    63% residual
    0.0015 MF
    1st payment waived by Honda

This is for the 0 down lease special on the website.
  • moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    I helped 2 friends lease 2013 CRVs LX 2WD this past week. Had to go to 2 different dealerships because the first one wouldn't repeat the deal for the 2nd car a couple of days later. I think it's a decent price.

Price: $21500 +$595 acq fee
    0.0016 MF
    63% residual 12K/36 months
    nothing down, no accessories, no trade ins, nothing, bought nothing but the car. Only fees were CA legally mandated fees ie. $80 doc fee, license, tire fee... Doc fee is negotiable but I negotiate with the doc fee understood as $80.

Good luck.
  • scmichaelscmichael Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

What are the residual % and money factor for 12K (do they also have 10 K?) CR-V EX AWD, not the EX-L or are they all the same?

Thank you,
    scmichael
  • lromelrome Member Posts: 9
    Can you tell me what their monthly payments were?

Thanks,
    Linda
    edited February 2013
    Hello Car_man can you please post February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CR-V EX AWD with 15,000 miles per year. I am located in NH/MA region by the way.

12 K/year is also being considered but I probably will need more miles than that and I am not sure the sales guy advice to get 12k and just lease again if I blow the miles before the end of the term is a good advice!

So far best price I have for 2013 CR-V EX AWD is $24.756 + $479 dealer fees.
    Is it a decent price?
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.