Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• r56mellowyellr56mellowyell Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Could you post the October 24 month and 36 month MFs and Residuals for a 2009 CR-V assume 10,000 miles

Thanks!
  • anweiszanweisz Member Posts: 6
    can you supply october 2009 numbers on a LX CRV 2010, AT base model,
    that is residual value and money factor, minimum milage for 36 or 39
    months. TNX for help
  • mfman67mfman67 Member Posts: 10
    Need help, dealer wont tell me the october rate and residual on the 2010 CR-V AWD EX-L w/navi, 36 month/12k miles. Thank you in advance.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If he won't tell you the info -- lease elsewhere.
    ^Definitely I am but unfortunately that's 3 dealers now that give me either the sales price or the monthly lease price but not both so i can't figure it myself and all wont give me the 2010 numbers out right. It is against the law and I get the runaround. I want to get the deal done by the end of the month so any help would be great, I have looked everywhere.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I have looked everywhere.

Not on Honda website, I guess....

Current offers

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2009 CR-V 2WD LX Automatic Transmission (Model RE3839EW) for $239.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,615.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $2,449.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 9/9/2009 through 11/2/2009, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2009 CR-V 2WD LX Automatic Transmission vehicles (Model RE3839EW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $21,955.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $19,135.90. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $8,604.00. Option to purchase at lease end $12,514.35. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
    Check out the zero down lease at bommarito honda st. louis,mo. Last ad had an awd crv price -- check their website and specials/weekly ad. There is a big honda dealer in louisville ky that has a site with lots of info not the factors. Register with ridewithg.com and ask for the #'s.
    Honda's website has the current specials and figures on the 09, there are none on the 10'. I tried ride with G, there is no post up about it but as suggested I will register and ask on the forums there. I will post what I find.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, r56mellowyell. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 CR-V LX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00174 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00174 and 58%.

I'm not sure if Honda Finance offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Honda division vehicles, but if it does its residual values for those are probably 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'd be happy to help you out, anweisz. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CR-V LX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00270 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00270 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mfman67. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CR-V EX-L AWD with navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00270 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    $501 for an exl awd plus taxes and fees----think I'll pass. Whoops !! Actually
    $401 per month --- added wrong. Not as bad but considering my 09 murano sl awd loaded was 428 with fees but before taxes -- not great either. Nothing is great now -- even my deal.
  • johnny__rfjohnny__rf Member Posts: 83
    In CT, for a 2010 CR-V 4WD EX-L with Navigation AWD the monthly lease would be $499 (including tax). That sounds like a good price to me. Any comments or feedback?
    In CT, for a 2010 CR-V 4WD EX-L with Navigation AWD the monthly lease would be $499 (including tax). That sounds like a good price to me. Any comments or feedback?

What would be the finance payment for 60 months? Probably not far off, with 10% down.
    Honda's website has the current specials and figures on the 09, there are none on the 10'. I tried ride with G, there is no post up about it but as suggested I will register and ask on the forums there. I will post what I find

Sorry, I missed that it was for 2009.
  • johnny__rfjohnny__rf Member Posts: 83
    For the same vehicle but a 2009, monthly would be $439 vx $499 for the 2010. Either the dealers are discounting the 2009's to get them off the lot or Honda is giving better terms on the 2009's as incentives.....
  • ichillpillichillpill Member Posts: 2
    I leased an 09 CRV LX 2WD back in mid July Black/Ivory at Honda Kolbe Reseda. I couldn't have done it without help from this forum

Cap Adjusted Cost $20600 (20,000 + acquisition fee)
    Residual $12964
    Least term 36 months
    Down payment 0
    Lic/Reg/1st Month $700
    Monthly payment $298 (includes CA tax)

I think the monthly could be a little lower maybe $290 if I didn't give in right away...
  • ricki65ricki65 Member Posts: 1
    Have worked with Honda in the past, here are few pointers that may help you with your search.

1. Don't lease an older model car, ie: 2010 is available, 2009 lease should be more expensive due to lack of promotion, lack of inventory, and higher interest rate. Honda is known for better deal on 2009 for CASH purchase only. Any lease is always cheaper with the newer model.

2. There are few services out there that can help you to determine dealer invoice and manufacture incentives. To save you tons of time, web sites such as http://www.carcostcanada.com or http://www.apa.ca can be big helps for Canadian buyers.

Hope this information helps
    Dealer Web Templates at http://www.dealertemplate.ca
  • wallementwallement Member Posts: 17
    jayrider: could you tell me how you are coming up with a $401 per month price on 2010 EXL with Navi using the October buy rate factors and RV provided by carman? You must be assuming a hefty cap cost reduction from dealer, as the lease calculator I use, using MSRP gives me $486.71/month. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything. Thanks.
    New figures are $430 --- overstock will find a dealer near me who will sell for guaranteed 28653 [msrp 30455]. Must have used the wrong model. There is no reason you should have to pay msrp.
    OK thanks. $430 makes sense with my lease calculator. I hope I can get a price similar to that. Couldn't see it getting to $401. Just getting ready to get serious as my current lease expires Dec. 1. Hoping the money factors might improve a bit in Nov or Dec too....but maybe that is asking for too much. Any leads on dealers selling for msrp - 1895 appreciated.
    I mentioned overstock -- check on line for crv awd exl
  • joejoe01joejoe01 Member Posts: 7
    I am about to lease my first automobile and was hoping for some help. I have been shopping the 2010 CRV EX 4WD and think I have finally gotten a good price. Please let me know your thoughts as I'm going back to the dealership in the next couple of days. I live in northern NJ.

42 months 12,000 miles yr
    2850 down with all taxes, fees and first month
    322 per month

Sound good?
    You will be 6 months out of warranty -- most folks who lease stay within the original warranty. If you get an ext warranty it may cost as much as a 36 month lease. Figure 430 for zero down 3 year 12k miles. Tax extra. That's getting close to the lease #'s on an acura mdx base.
    Jayrider,

No good on that deal? This is my first time buying or leasing a car. Is it bad to risk those 6 months with no warranty? What should I be asking for when I negotiate? I want this car but dont want to get ripped off or tricked. Thanks very much for the help.
    just get the 36 month deal. payments will be higher -- The deal is what it is -- no great lease deals on much of anything.
    joejoe01--In my view, I think you can do better. Without even negotiating my dealer is discounting $1500 off MSRP for a 2010 EX-L. With current lease deals, I can get that vehicle for $400/mo for 12,000 miles a year, with nothing down except tax and fees. I have not dealt on an EX but I would think the deals would not be that much different which should equate to something like $335/mo for 36months/36k miles...again with nothing but tax and fees down.
    I am about to lease my first automobile and was hoping for some help. I have been shopping the 2010 CRV EX 4WD and think I have finally gotten a good price. Please let me know your thoughts as I'm going back to the dealership in the next couple of days. I live in northern NJ.

42 months 12,000 miles yr
    2850 down with all taxes, fees and first month
    322 per month

Sound good?

What would it cost to finance it for 60 moths with the same $3000 down?
    $491 -- 26k 5% includes taxes. Much better to buy.
    actually moved forward with the lease today. i put down 2000 and got the 322 per month. if a month or two down the road i want to buy it can i do that? Im guessing thats a no and Im locked in for the full term of the lease? i wish i knew more about this stuff....
    Never 2nd guess yourself -- you did as well as you could. The great leases don't exist anymore. Including mine. Enjoy your crv and the lower payments, 3 years from now you can buy or walk away.
    Take advantage of what leasing provides you....the ability to "try" a vehicle for 3 years and then buy it if you want or walk away of you don't. Given the history and track record of CRV resale values, I am guessing your residual buy-out in 3 years could be $2000-$3000 below what the vehicle is actually worth.
    thanks for the help jayrider..... its greatly appreciated. I love the new ride.
    actually moved forward with the lease today. i put down 2000 and got the 322 per month. if a month or two down the road i want to buy it can i do that? Im guessing thats a no and Im locked in for the full term of the lease? i wish i knew more about this stuff....

Read the leasing documents about early termination. Almost all of them require the complete payment. SO, if you leased at $322 for 42 months, your total payment is $13,524.

If a couple months down the road you decide to sell, upgrade, whatever, you are still on the hook for the remainder of that $13,524. i.e. $13,524 - 2x$322 = $12,800.

And so on...
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    After you leased the CRV and you can buy out the car
    (1) by yourself if you want to keep
    (2) by dealer if you want to switch to another car.
    I heard its never a good deal to buy the car after leasing it..... is this true??
    That is definitely not a true statement. You never say never. It depends. When your lease ends, decide if you would like to keep the vehicle. If you would AND the residual buyout is roughly equivalent (or less) than the vehicle value, but it. Otherwise walk away.
    If you buy your lease you will pay more than if you purchased it. You pay sales tax twice. That is one reason why it's not a great way to buy. The other consideration is that your buyout may be more than the going rate for similar cars. The leasing company rarely negotiates so you have to decide how much your knowledge of the car is worth. Of course sometimes the buyout is way less than market prices so that makes the buyout a better idea. If you are a leaser at heart -- then you won't buy because you want a new ride every 3 years. So never is not accurate.
    After you leased the CRV and you can buy out the car
    (1) by yourself if you want to keep
    (2) by dealer if you want to switch to another car.

Chances are it will cost more than buying outright in the first place.
    The sales tax issue is also a "depends"...on your state of residence. I pay sales tax on my lease payments only, and then separately on the buy out, if I choose to purchase.
    Some states are lease friendly -- some aren't. In Illinois you pay tax on the total purchase price which is a bummer.
    I went with a 42 month lease and the warranty is only good for 36 months. Was it bad I turned down the additional warranty? I really didnt want to add more money to my monthly payment. The dealership actually called and left a message asking a second time if I was sure I didnt want it. Should I just get it for peace of mind?
    What is the cost of the 6 month warranty or do they charge you for a 2-3 year extension and say you can get a refund when you turn your car in. At 42 months you will also be looking at a set of new tires at turn-in which is a real bummer.
    I went with a 42 month lease and the warranty is only good for 36 months. Was it bad I turned down the additional warranty? I really didnt want to add more money to my monthly payment. The dealership actually called and left a message asking a second time if I was sure I didnt want it. Should I just get it for peace of mind?

The car comes with 3 years/36,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty, and 5 years/60,000 miles power train warranty.

Read The Fine Manual.

If you still decide to purchase the extended warranty, if you are not a resident of FL, you can buy from any of the HondaCare resellers in the Honda extended warranty thread.

But, chances are that you will not need or won't be able to use the extended waranty, since it does not cover maintenance items such as: brakes, tires, belts, fluids, bulbs... and chances of something major, but not covered by the powertain warranty, failing are slim.

The best would be to take the $700 that you would pay for the warranty and set it aside in a separate account. By the time you turn in the vehicle, you are most likely have not needed to tap into that money.

Good luck.
    How much cash would a set of four tires be? Is that a reason they do 42 months? I should have negotiated 36 months. I don't like the idea of these 6 months out of warranty.
    "Should have" is past -- if you signed a 42 month lease -- don't think you can change. Set of tires istalled $5-700. 500 might be low -- you have to program the tpm's. If you need tires may want to consider buying if the rv is decent and you like the car. You learned a lesson. Wouldn't fret too much. I've done much worse over the years re: cars. Do better the next time. Enjoy your CRV. :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I wouldn't sweat being out of warranty for six months on a Honda... Could you incur an out of warranty repair? Sure you could... but, so could any Honda purchaser.. You don't see them fretting...

Many, many people lease for 15K/mi. per year... Those same lessees that lease for 36 months are out of warranty for the last 7 months of their leases..

Being in warranty for the entire term is a nice thing... but, not that big a deal.. A bigger downside to leasing for a longer term, is that your personal situation and driving habits may change...and, if they do, you are locked into that lease for a longer time.. That has the possibility of being a bigger issue than being out of warranty.

So, in agreement with other posters.... enjoy your car.. what's done is done, and chances are, it won't matter in then end.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

How much cash would a set of four tires be? Is that a reason they do 42 months? I should have negotiated 36 months. I don't like the idea of these 6 months out of warranty.

Tires would not be covered by the warranty after 12 months anyway.

The cost of tire will depend on the brand, kind, and quality.

You can get really crappy tires for $500, or worse tires for $700, and really good ones for $200. It all depends on tires. I have had good luck with Yokohama tires. They are high quality tires, made in the USA, and are really inexpensive. The last set cost me $200 shipped from Discount Tire. I had it installed at Walmart for $40.
    Hey all,

I just got a lease quote on a 2010 EXL and Honda has discounted the 36/36 lease money factor to .0017, for November, which helps, but if I am not mistaken, it appears they have partially offset the discounted MF with a $595 acquisition fee. Does that sound correct, the Acq fee being new this month? Who gets that money? The dealer or Honda? Is it negotiable?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Honda Finance gets the acquisition fee... which has always been there..

Some lease quotes roll it into the CAP cost and the payment, but I've leased from AHFC since 1994, and that fee has always been there..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.