Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• srm1srm1 Member Posts: 3
    I spoke to my fifth dealer in Miami and now I am convinced they are price-fixing here. Has anyone else experience dealers taking your license and entering the information on-line? How else can they all be coming up with the same price…and the same lie about “no such thing as invoice price.”?

For a 2007 with package 2, the price they quote is $24,600+ and that is not the OTD price. They will not go lower. This is for a left-over but then again, this pack of sleazy dealers claim 2008 cars will not be available for months and that I must pay over the MSRP price if I want to buy a Prius!

Please, can anyone recommend their dealership (hopefully, not in Miami or in Florida!)
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    This is what is known as a Sellers Market. People want a Prius, dealers have limited inventory and sell the car for whatever price they want because they know someone will pay their price for it. This is one of the reasons used Prius are going for top dollar as well. I also think the end of thetax incentives ends soon, so there will be a rush to buy the last of the '07 models, and dealers know this. If you are serious about buying one, there are other states you can look to that may offer a better deal, but from what I have seen lately, the lots are empty again and the waiting list is growing. Good luck, maybe you can find a model that doesn't sell as well like a base model like I did, so it doesn't have smart key or play MP3's in the CD deck, but it has everything else, and with the $140 DICE unit I installed I now play my Ipod in it. I got mine April 2, right after the incentive was cut in half, the Saturday before they all sold out at this dealer, but 10 minutes before I pulled in, they got a base model off the truck. I got it for sticker, plus $4K for a 98 Exploder sight unseen. I drove out of there for under $20K, and it has everything I need in the car save for leather and power seats, which was something I was looking for in a car, but I can live without those. Timing is everything.
  • pmanzapmanza Member Posts: 34
    A bit pricey but you can fly to Calif and have a nice vacation drive back to Florida. Just got my pkg 4 (base, not touring) for $23,471 + TTL in No. Cal. on Aug 31. Still plenty on the lots up here.

Peggy
  • srm1srm1 Member Posts: 3
    Wow, we just moved from CA to FL and thought it would be cheaper to purchase a Prius here. CA is not known for ‘reasonable rates on anything.’ Go figure!

After flipping through this site, I learned a lot about the Prius. I thank all of you for enlightening me. Is it worth buying a Prius in the CARB states for that “generous warranty’? Do you pay extra for it? Since my bad experience with the Miami dealers, buying one in the NE is doable. Any dealer recommendations for CT, ME, MA, NJ, NY, RI, VT?
  • pmanzapmanza Member Posts: 34
    have you looked at fitzmall.com? A lot of posters from back east say that they are fairly reasonable, not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either, and easy to deal with.
    Peggy
  • shortcodeshortcode Member Posts: 2
    James

Could you pls give me dealer info? I'm in the same boat.
    looking for prius with the package #2. No one knows for sure
    when the 08's are coming out but all say no changes except
    tail lights. Not as many choices of colors towards the end
    of the model year either

s
  • johnson5johnson5 Member Posts: 34
    Many of my friends warned me from buying a prius. They are all senior citizens and their major complaint is lack of comfortable seats, lack of height adjustment and their spouses complain that the rear seats are not very comfortable either.

Other wise no problems at alls. Some of the Prius I have seen got more than 130 thousand miles with no unexpected repairs.

I am 65; at this point comfortable seats are of importance at this age... My friends suggested go for the leather seats (package #6).No of us have seen, or traveled in a prius with leather seats.

I ordered one with a touring package and, option number 6.
    I used Costco buying service. It is about 700 dollars above the invoice and depending upon where one lives there is about 1400$ discount (eco savings) package 6.

The local dealers are not very helpful. They want 1000 $ above invoice plus 175 dollars for dealers preparation.
    Buying through Costco seams to be an easy way out without spending time with dealers to get one at a reasonable price. I live in rural Midwest and not in southern California.
  • cruising7388cruising7388 Member Posts: 125
    With friends like that, who needs enemies? Prius seats are
    very comfortable. Rear seats are fine also. It's one of the most reliable vehicles on the road. IMO, the leather seats are a waste of money. For one thing, they are only partially leather seats - lots of the seat is still vinyl.
    For what they charge I would opt out of leather and use the cash to buy about 20,000 miles of fuel.
  • dmaysdmays Member Posts: 7
    Your friends don't have a clue. Hopefully they are not the same ones that move to Florida or the warm weather only to stay shut up in their air conditioned homes and riding around in their air conditioned Lincolns!

Seats...get the car. If you have trouble like I did, invest a bit in a high quality car seat cover system. I sprung for the Wet Okle (http://www.wetokole.com) after reading a bit on this site. I have 2 kids and having the waterproofiness is keen. I also though the fabric was a bit low quality and probably would not handle the abuse. I opted for the inflatable lumbar for the driver which while not automatic, can be repositioned. I also opted for the pin stripe, the logo, and the zipper pouches on the back. Go to the website and the pics look exactly like what was delivered.

The seat covers are not cheap, but the quality and fit has to be unsurpassed. Since I'll have the car for while, I thought it was a wise investment...and the first time the coke turned over in the back seat and the next time when the Rita's ice spilled, I was relieved!
    :):)
    D
  • prusaprusa Member Posts: 43
    Let me have their website, please. Is it Costco.com? I am going to give it a try. I have been trying to buy package #6 and the dealers want the MSR price which I am not willing to pay.
    PRUSA
    Just go to costCo com.or google for costco auto purchase program.
    You can even find the opinions about costco in priuschat and also about seat comfort Etc.Opinions defer.
    50 dollars for membership. The dealer may be away and may not be the near to you.
    You will not have finalprice unless you are there in dealership and ready to buy it.
  • nahreatnahreat Member Posts: 12
    Anyone out there know what the '08 are going for in the DC area? I'm looking for a 2007 package 6 but I don't think it's going to happen. Anyway, any help with the '08 pricing would be great!
    In April 07 a friend of mine purchased in DC, touring edition for 1300 below MSRP. I do not know about the prices now.
    In KY and OHIO some dealers I contacted want

Full MSRP

1000 $ above invoice plus 175 dollars of prep charges Plus 395 dollars of paint and protection package. This is the lowest quote after sending e-mails to several dealers.

Finally I went with Costco. It seems to be 700 dollars above invoice. (Can not confirm it)
    Not all colors and option packages are available in my distribution zone. But it can be ordered. The Costco dealer said it may take 2 months to 6 months.

The 08 models are slowly rolling in. As per this dealer normal supplies for this Prius will take 2 months.
    You can check the Toyota prius website to know what color and option package combinations available for your zip code.
  • sbrunnergirlsbrunnergirl Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2008 Base model with Option Package #6 from Concord Toyota (San Jose) at $1200 below MSRP, final price $26200+TTL. IMO, only way to buy a car is through internet dealers. Getting a deal takes time, patience, and a certain flexibility for your local market at purchase time (I originally wanted a 2007 Touring, but those are hard to come by right now).

I would also recommend shopping your salesman. There are hundreds of Toyota salesmen in the bay area, and quite frankly, some of them just seemed too huckster-ish over the phone. But on the other hand, some salesmen who didn't have the car I wanted were nonetheless helpful and informative over the phone, giving me insights into the local market that proved useful in the negotiation process with other dealers.

The Berkeley salesman indicated that buyer negotiating will improve in the next few months as production for 2008 Prius has been increased and dealers will have more cars on the lots (again, this may be true only for the hot California Prius market). When I later changed my specs for my car, he gave me a great starting price, and I likely would have bought my car from him had I not had to wait a week for its arrival.

I ended up in a "bidding war" between the Concord dealer and the Capitol (San Jose) dealer. I would recommend either dealer, especially Rick Perez at Capitol SJC, Tobey in Berkeley, or Hamid at Concord.
  • kmovvakmovva Member Posts: 5
    Bought from Fremont Toyota for $391 over invoice.
  • smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    That's what I'm looking for. Where did you get it? How much was total cost?

Steve
    WOW! Where did you buy it? Please email me with the information and the amount you paid. That is really a good deal. I am desperate trying to find a good deal like the one you got. Thanks for the information.
    PRUSA
    Fremont Toyota in what state and city? I need more details, please. I will be in touch with them as soon as you send the information. Thanks,
    It appears that a lot of us are trying to buy an '08 touring model yet the dealers tell me that Toyota limits their allocation to only a very small percentage of touring models. I've heard figures of 5-10% deliveries of touring models. Why? Why doesn't Toyota increase the ratio of touring models they manufacture?

Steve
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Maybe that is the ratio that was selling last year, so they are keeping the same ratio.
    Either that or they may be short on supply of Touring spoilers and wheels.
  • wlaiwlai Member Posts: 3
    I'm in Seattle metro, and were quoted:

MSRP is $26,249
    Invoice is $24,538

--->Your price is $25,538 plus tax and license.

It's about $710 under MSRP...quoted by the costco dealer. Is this a good price? Edmund's pricing function doesn't show touring edition for 2008 yet.

Model Number: 1226A SERIAL # :8330xxxx Check Code: 5
    Model Description: 4-DR GAS/ELEC
    Category ..........: A
    Year ............: 2008
    Current Dealer ....: 130-46050
    Interior Color ..: FE11 FE11
    Wholesale Dealer ..:
    Exterior Color ..: 01G3 MGRAY
    Previous Dealer ...: 00130
    Body ............: HYBRID GAS/ELEC SDN
  • toontouringtoontouring Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Prius Touring in black with package #3 for $25,800 OTD
  • pezbabypezbaby Member Posts: 7
    2008 Base with package 5 in Magnetic Grey for $25,000. This included destination, floor mats and cargo net, but not extended warranty and tax, title, registration. I even got slightly above KBB value for my trade.

This was in New Jersey, but I live in PA.
    Can you please include the dealership name and city where you bought your 2008 Base with package 5? I will go as far as NJ to get this deal. I lived in Jersey for many years and will find the place.
    Prusa
    at $1,000. off MSRP. Gave $500 credit card deposit which is fully refundable for any reason before I accept delivery. San Diego area. If there are better deals around please let me know.

Steve
  • kmovvakmovva Member Posts: 5
    Sorry - I wa sout of town and wasn't checking. Here are the details you were all asking for!

Fremont Toyota is in city of Fremont, SF Bay Area, California.

I am a CSAAA member and went thru AAA web site - BUT I never had to input my AAA number of anything - not even logged on. Just fyi, same price was offerred to me by Gilroy Toyota in San Jose area.

Price before Taxes/License was exactly: $26691 (Invoice was 26325 with floor mats and cargo mat). Price out the door was $29187 (taxes 2206.55, license 235, doc 55).
  • pezbabypezbaby Member Posts: 7
    Liberty Toyota in Burlington, NJ.
  • ironpig74ironpig74 Member Posts: 1
    Watch out for the guys down at Toyota of Marin.
    My wife and I went down last night to test drive a car and crunch some numbers. The figure they quoted was higher than we wanted to pay, so we decided to go home and talk it over. They said "no problem, the car will be here for you tomorrow if you want to take it at our price.
    Around 10:00 this morning, I called them and said hold the car, we will be down this afternoon to finalize the deal( at their price). Our salesman said "no problem it's your car, we'll detail it , get the paperwork ready and see you later today. " Well, I get a call two hours later telling me that they sold our car to someone else.
    Get this- he also told me that the other guy was willing to pay more so they were"legally" obligated to sell it to him. They are now out of the model promised to us and can't say when they'll have another one.
    Yea, I know, its business -but I guess car salesmen have a bad rep for a reason. They are jerks.
  • carlstraubcarlstraub Member Posts: 50
    See post # 1012 (Fremont Toyota) this thread. If not too far sounds good.
    Carl
    I was able to find a 2008 Touring Pkg 6 for 27,212 + tax + tag. Originally, it was 26, 678.54, but the salesperson said he needed to make 2% (533.57) profit. I had to pay extra for the carper mats and tunk mats (165.00 because it did not come with it). Is this a fair price? Cargo net was an additional 55.00. Included in the price was 639.00 Admin and 715.00 Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg. They really try to get you with all these extras hidding charges.
    Any advice? Should I take it or buy in NJ where they don't have any Admin fees? By the way, I live in GA.
    PRUSA
  • cdm4cdm4 Member Posts: 4
    So first let me thank one and all for the great tips. Honestly, I think I spent 3 tO 4 months doing my home work before pulling the trigger. Went from a 07 Touring 6 to a complete change Basic pk.4. Very Happy With my decision and the price>>>>>After all isn't that what this is really all about. Just TO be clear I didn"t purchase the touring ended with the 08 PK. 4. I'M in "THE OC" AND was told by several dealers, Including longo no 4's to so. ca. 08's. Course no. cal. said no 08 pk. 5 or 6's. So I flew up, salesman picked me up, drove 30 min. 1hr 30min. i was out. 6 hrs. later home with my black/tan (told very tough to find color combo) . o.k I was told by fleet folks invoice $24,116. My guy said $24,074. Sold it to me for 23,707, $367 under invoice. tax, lic. otd= $25,848. concord toyota in concord. fleet man, first name starts with a H. He is the best, very very professional no games no idle meaningless chit chat and he wanted me to call when i got home to let him know i made it. Not putting his name because it says were not suppose to. Yes I like my pruis, plan to trick it out some. Leather seats, dark tint,chrome and black wheels.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    It works both ways. If you had an inkling at all that you were going to buy the car you should have given them a deposit. No deposit no deal. They are free to sell the car. It was probably another salesman that sold the car not the one you were working with. Happens all the time. If there's "no money in the house" we are not legally bound to hold a car for a prospect.
    :)
    Mackabee
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    And you been selling cars how long?
    ;)
    Mackabee

Please give me the city and state where you bought your Prius. I need to check this place out before I make a final decision. I will fly if I have to in order to get this deal. :)
    PRUSA
  • michaelcozensmichaelcozens Member Posts: 23
    We had shopped on the net and got quotes from list to about $950 off list from Gladstone Toyota in Gladstone Oregon ( outside of Portland.) Edmunds said this was "below" what others were paying so we thought for this car, that was pretty competitive. Drove it and started to talk- we had received a low trade in value on our car but were able to get them to add heated seats and xm for just a little money. If we did not trade the price was a good one, we just decided to be done with the old car. A pretty easy negotiation on the old car and no surprises. So far my wife really likes the car and I'd recommend talking to this Dealer if you want a Toyota. I would get internet quotes first- makes it easier.
  • rkcherkche Member Posts: 1
    @michaelcozens

Can you provide the break up of the quote? Not including the trade-in, can you tell how much was the quote for the Touring package #6?

thanks in advance!
  • cdm4cdm4 Member Posts: 4
    I PURCHASED IT IN CONCORD CA., OAKLAND AIRPORT IS 30 MIN AWAY. The dealership is Concord toyota. Be sure to ask for the Fleet Manger whose first name starts with an H. He is the best!! DON'T know if I mentioned he emailed all the specs and outlined the cost so I had that in hand just in case. Hope this helps.">
  • 3screwsloose3screwsloose Member Posts: 116
    Never, EVER believe ANYTHING a car salesman tells you. Many are between jobs as french fry chefs or state fair ticket takers. Especially do not believe them when they say anything about what is legal and what is not. They know little and often can't remember what it is they DO know. Much of the time, what they DO know is WRONG. Most especially whenever it comes to "non-refundable" vehicle deposits.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large finance magazine is hoping to talk to consumers who just purchased or looking to purchase a more fuel-efficient car for their daily commute. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, October 8, 2007 with your daytime contact info.
    I just signed in and see your post- I am travelling but will respond this weekend with some detail!
  • bob104bob104 Member Posts: 94
    Firstly, Edmunds pricing for Priuses is now up and runnning for 08s. Invoice for 08 basepkg6 is $25,300. MSRP is $27,500.
    Can anyone provide a rationale to get the touring? With the 195 tires instead of 185 I would think it loses 1 mpg or so. No? "Sport" suspension reads "stiff" to me. Not sure how the family would like that.

Secondly, check my figures carefully, please, but for the 07 basepkg#4 in msg #1028 Edmunds gives the invoice price of $23,401.
    So according to Edmunds the buyer paid $306 OVER invoice, not $367 under invoice. Markets change quickly but for last year's model I would think the dealers need to sell well below invoice. I would not be the least bit tempted to buy an 07 unless it were $1,000 or more below an 08. I bought an 02 Civic EX about this time in 2002 (03 were just coming out) for $1600 below invoice, $16,000 OTD.
    As an aside, comparing tangerines to oranges, that's $10,000 less than 07basePrius#4 for a roughly similar car--(EX has moonroof), good stereo, cruise, remote door, alarm. (Darn, I'm nearly talking myself into buying a Honda Fit at 10 mpg less than the Prius, if it were 10k less--which it isn't).
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    I went through the same questioning 6 months back.

Touring Prius gets 5-10% poorer mileage than non-touring. From Japanese govt. mileage figures (both wheels are available in Japan - though I'm not sure they call the 16" equipped car a "Touring" - that's a US thing). Note that the Japanese mileage measuring methods are different than the EPA ones.

With the Touring you get:
    1. 16" wheels with lower profile tires (same overall diameter as 15" "standard" wheels/tires).
    2. Slightly stiffer suspension.
    3. Slightly larger rear spoiler.
    4. Slightly different packages content.

There is about a $250-$300 difference in similarly equipped touring/non-touring. It's less than the cost of the extra expense if you were to buy the different equipment (mostly the cost difference is in the wheels).

If you do want a touring, better get your order in soon, as they are not slated to be delivered in large quantities, according to the Toyota US delivery lists.

Pricing is different in Canada, but here a Civic is about $4000 less than a Prius (comparing Hybrid to Hybrid). The Civic is smaller (inside room), and in Hybrid form gets slightly poorer mileage (less than 5% difference). I wanted the flexibility of the Prius (hatchback) and the extra room, so I purchased a 2007 Prius with Canadian Package "B" (everything but Nav and backup camera). The "Touring" is not available in Canada.

Whether you would ever "recover" the extra cost through fuel savings depends on each individual's driving habits, how many miles you drive, and what will happen to fuel prices. Good luck trying to figure that out! I didn't care about the savings, I knew I would be happy with the Prius, and I am.
  • florida_wenflorida_wen Member Posts: 29
    We purchased an '07 Prius TOURING this past May, and yes the "sport suspension" and lower profile tires make for a little "harsher" ride over bumps and railroad tracks but it also makes for a more positive feel when going around corners and zooming up curved highway "on ramps".

Also, the rear spoiler on the Touring is a little bit larger than non-Touring which I could care less about. The headlights on the Touring are HID's and although nice on back roads with no street lights, they are much MORE expensive to replace when burnt out than the non-Touring Prius headlights. Just another consideration to think about !!

As far as "packages".... we bought Package #5 (cloth seats) especially because we didn't want leather seats down here in hot Florida. We are very, very disappointed with the Toyota factory NAV, especially after having an Acura (MDX) NAVI for the past four years. The Toyota NAV has many shortcomings and if we had to do it over again would NOT have purchased any Prius Package with NAV !!
    The sticker on this was 28207- Included the Rear Bumper Applique ( $65) and the Acc Package- Floor Mats,
    etc ($277)It is a package 6- with Leather. The price was 27370- A little less off MSRP than I had stated before-now that I go thru it. In any case this was less than Edmunds said the going pricing was for this and it was one of the few touring models we had seen. AS a postscript, we got the heated seats and XM in now and both are very cool and really complete the car. The people at Gladstone Toyota ( near Portland Or) were pretty good. I'd suggest using the net to narrow down your option and see where the pricing is.
    Good Luck, hope this is helpful!
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    I finally had an opportunity to drive a Touring model ... I first drove the base model, then took out the Touring. I could tell a difference in drive b/t the two ... the Touring felt less "floaty" and more in touch with the road. It was a slight bit firmer, but I wouldn't say it was jarring in the least. I just felt a little more connected with the road overall. I like the idea of a slightly larger tire, and the tires that come with the Touring are a lot better quality than the tires that come with the base ... if you look at Prius message boards, the touring tires last longer and hold up better.

The Touring model also had significantly less lean in turns and corners imho. The extended spoiler on the Touring makes the Prius look a little more sporty (especially in a color like blac) imho, not that a Prius could EVER be called "sporty". HIDs come with all Tourings, but you can get HIDs on the base Prius w/Pkg #4 and above.

I am not quite ready to buy yet, but if I were to choose I would definitely pick the Touring ... fully loaded like I am looking at, it is only $500 more MSRP.
  • florida_wenflorida_wen Member Posts: 29
    As I wrote, we bought an new '07 Prius TOURING this past May ('07) after driving both the regular and the Touring. We are glad we did and would still make the choice of ONLY buying the Touring, no matter how long the wait. Just a "fact" that I heard..... Toyota makes only 5% of the Prius in the Touring, that is about one Touring for every 19 "regular" Prius. Touring models in some states (New England states ??) are difficult or nearly impossible to get from what I read on this and other forums. Again, we are very pleased with ours, getting OVER 50 MPG and with over 75% of the drive on the Highway at around 60 - 65 MPH !! The very disappointing feature is the SEATS, they are lousy, no height adjustment, no lumbar support, really "primative", as well as a "second rate, poorly programmed" NAV which, after having an Acura NAVI, is real "junk" !!
  • cruising7388cruising7388 Member Posts: 125
    The problem with the evauation of seats is that it is subject to a tremendous variable which is the unique nature of any individual spinal structure. It's even more complicated by the fact that a seat which seems to feel fine when first used becomes uncomfortable after a period of sitting in it. Peversely, it can also work the other way - a seat that seems over-firm initially can start to feel more comfortable after a lengthy period of sitting in it. That's why the user reports on car seats varies so wildly. But that's just as true as the chairs and sofas in your house, your mattress etc.

Now what does surprise me is that a power seat that could largely satisfy the vagaries of a particular driver is not available in any version of the Prius. To me, that's a poor marketing decision. At least it should be standard in the Touring version.

With respect to the NAV, a large consensus of users of the Prius NAV think you are dead wrong. It is designed by Denso and is considerably inferior to other NAV designs. If you've never previously used a well designed NAV system, you wouldn't know the difference, but for those people that have, it's described as the difference between night and day. Apparently, it's not a bad system but there are better ones and the cost differential between the best and the worst is not significant. I don't know who designed the NAV system for the BMW, but everyone I've talked to that uses it just raves about it.

BTW, it's good to get your input Mack, but could you try to sound a little less like Mack the Knife? ;-)
  • nm_socalnm_socal Member Posts: 29
    I have gained a lot of very meaningful insight from this forum ... thanks to everyone. Here's my story.

Was looking for a Prius with leather. It's only offered in package #6. Was open to considering '07, if the price was substantially lower.

Got in touch with the internet manager of a dealership in Southern California. Visited them on 9/29 (Saturday). Maybe I'm old school, but I seem to have a lot better experience/luck negotiating in person. So, went with a "good faith commitment" to make it work! (Yeah, take that to the bank!!!)

They had 2 remaining '07, both with colors I did not want. And they were selling them at ~$350 below invoice. They agreed to sell me an '08 at invoice (a figure that matched with Edmunds'). I opted for '08.

I wanted leather, but did not want NAV. Didn't want to pay ~$4,500 for package 6. So, they suggested package 2 (smart key, CD, reverse camera, VSC) and they'd add leather (after market, but better quality) for an extra $1,000. That made sense, so I agreed.

During financing, they offered many options, such as:
    * Extended warranty: 6 yrs for $1,995 or 7 yrs for $2,495
    * Prepaid service (all oil changes, routine service at 15k, 30k and 45k) for $895
    * Bluetooth for $495

I told them I'd only consider them if I could name my price. I picked $1,995 (6 yrs warranty) + $895 + $495. Total "retail" was $3,400. I offered $1,500, and settled on $1,600. They also offered drive-off with a full tank, and a free car wash every week.

So ... bottom-line ... my car is 2008, silver with dark gray leather interior, package 2 and bluetooth.

Total OTD price, including extended warranty and prepaid service and leather seats and bluetooth and TTL: $27,613.

And I also qualified for the $750 tax credit. That should bring a big smile to my face early next year (or, knowing me, on April 15th, or October 15th!).

Just wanted to share my experience. 'hope it helps someone.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Power seats would be best, but even manually adjustable seat height and tilt would be a big improvement.
    Most cars in the price range of the Prius at least have manual height adjustments and many have power seats.

The lack of thigh support is a very common complaint of the Prius. If the seat bottom could be adjusted to tilt up in the front as well as be raised a few inches, it would take care of many of the complaints.
    I have seen more complaints about Prius seats than any other car.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "
    Now what does surprise me is that a power seat that could largely satisfy the vagaries of a particular driver is not available in any version of the Prius. To me, that's a poor marketing decision. At least it should be standard in the Touring version."

Power seats require weight. The Prius is designed to minimize weight to enhance MPG.
This discussion has been closed.