Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi greenpeace. I think that leasing a Prius instead of buying it is a smart decision. There isn't any long-term reliability data for hybrid vehicles yet. Consumers who buy them may end up spending a lot of money on maintenance for them several years from now. At the very least, they are eventually going to have to replace their batteries which is going to be very expensive. If I was in the market for a Prius, I personally would lease one rather than buy it.

A $1,500 discount is a good selling price for this car. I remember not that long ago when dealers couldn't get enough of them and consumers would jump at the chance to get one for full MSRP. I have seen other community members report getting one for fairly close to dealer invoice, so it wouldn't hurt to shop around a little more. Whether you are able to get a lower price than this will depend upon the level of competition in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Addi. The interest rates that you mentioned are only for conventional loans, not leases. See my previous response to you for an idea of what this car's lease program is like right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • addiaddi Member Posts: 33
    First of all thanks for all the work you do so we as consumers can get a great deal on our choice of car.
    Enough said.
    YES, I am in the Chicago group. Dealer did say the M.F. was .00055.
    HERE WE GO: Prius Touring Model with package #3
    MSRP - 23,070 INV - 21,171
    PKG#3 2,705 INV - 2,138
    TRANS - 620 620
    TOTAL - 26,395 23,929 $24,929 $1,000 over INV.
    LOOKING FOR $1,000 OVER INVOICE PRICE PER MONTH 24 and 36
  • shine5555shine5555 Member Posts: 3
    This is what I have at this time. What do you guys think. I am in VA, but very close to TN and KY

Offer good on 2007 Prius 5-Door Liftback Model 1224 – ECVT transmission, vehicle skid control, backup camera, smart key system,AM/FM/CD changer/MP3 with 6 speakers, carpeted floor mats and cargo mat, rear bumper appliqué, and more! $259/Mo. – 36 Month Lease. $1,999 due at lease signing. Includes $1,190 Customer Down Payment + First Month’s Payment/$259 + Acquisition Fee/$550. $300 security deposit waived to qualified buyers subject to approved credit through Toyota Financial Services. Good on Tier I PLUS only. 36-month payments total $9,324 – excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration and title, insurance, and dealer charges. Lease Factor .00024. Closed-End Lease. Lease-end purchase option $12,990. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2007 Prius 5-Door Liftback Model 1224 is $24,234. Includes destination charge, but excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration and title, insurance, and dealer charges. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $22,011 based on dealer participation. Other options and dealer charges extra. Lessee may be charged for excessive wear based on Toyota Financial Services/Toyota Lease Trust (TLT MI & OH) standards for normal use and for mileage in excess of 36,000 miles at the rate of $0.15 per mile (low mileage lease). Your payment may vary depending on final price. Tax credit limited to new purchases only. Used vehicles sales and leased vehicles are not eligible to claim tax credit. Amount of tax credit is subject to IRS regulations in effect at the time of purchase and change subject to changes in applicable Federal Tax Laws. Delivery must be taken from new 2007 dealer stock by 2/28/07 and is subject to availability. Available to qualified customers through Toyota Financial Services. Effective 02/01/02 Ohio requires sales tax to be collected at lease inception. Individual dealer prices may vary. See participating dealers for details.
  • fogsterfogster Member Posts: 2
    Hello there. I have been offered a 2007 Prius Pkg #2 in CA for $24,100 out the door. I guess there is a glut of Priuses at the moment.
    Is this a good deal? Do you think I should negotiate the price even lower?
    Thank you for your input.
  • bakaronibakaroni Member Posts: 10
    What was the price before taxes and fees? And which dealership is this at? $24.1K sounds like a good deal to me.
  • fogsterfogster Member Posts: 2
    It's about $22,100 with destination included. About $100 above invoice according to Edmunds. Dealership--Longo Toyota
  • priusinpa2007priusinpa2007 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All -

I've recently started reading all of these great posts since I began researching the 2007 Prius Touring Edition.

I live in PA and want a 2007 Prius Touring in Package #6. My color preferences are Magnetic Gray or Classic Silver. Unfortunately, I've confirmed through several local dealers that there are simply no such models/combo packages available anywhere in the Central Atlantic district (5 states of PA, MD, VA, W. VA & DE). However, this model/combo is currently available at several Mid-West toyo dealers (in IL, IN & WI).

I'm in current serious discussions with Grossinger Toyota North in the Chicago area. They've told me that the invoice on this specific model ('07 touring, package #6, magnetic gray) is $27, 186. They're offering me the car for $27,400. I've asked them to throw in a cargo net and some all-weather prius floor mats. They're willing to split the all-weather mats ($98 dealer cost divided by 2).

So, we're looking at $27,400 plus $49 (all-weather mats) + $58 doc. prep fees + $10 "drive-away" fee for temp tags =
    $27,517. I will need to pay the PA sales tax (6%) and registration fees back home.

I've done extensive on-line research. I would love to get this car either at invoive or below invoice, but I just don't see it happening (although demand may be off now, it's still a new '07, touring edition is hard to find, etc).

So, can anyone from the ChicagoLand area tell me if this is a "fair and reasonable" price ??? Or, can anyone generally tell me if I can do better on this specific model & trim line?? Do you think there is anything else that I'm either leaving on the table or that I can get the dealer to throw-in ??? FYI ... I'm not interested in purchasing the extended wty right now. I can do that within the next 3 yrs / 36K miles.

Your thoughts and suggestions are extremely appreciated :)

Josh
  • zonwenzonwen Member Posts: 1
    I found out both the invoice price and the extended warranty price are varied in dealerships, but if you do your research and shop, you can do very well: invoice or below invoice, 7yr/100,000 ml Platinum extended warranty quoted $1,090 or lower....

Earlier posting praised City Toyota in Daly City has a great internet manager, I must say he is very responsive and give the best price! Broadway downtown toyota's internet manager is very good too....

Hope this info helps!
  • cruising7388cruising7388 Member Posts: 125
    Edmunds shows an invoice price of 26600 but they do not include the advertising that is added to the factory invoice, so the invoice they are representing is correct except that it includes the dealer hold back which they get back. So that at their asking price they are in addition to their markup from invoice getting an additional $500 or so in dealer holdback, so their total markup over true dealer cost to you is in the whereabouts of 800 - 900 dollars. That said, for a car equipped exactly as you want it and which you will undoubtedly use for a number of years, I would go for it. You only live once. BTW, the TMV for the Prius shown on the Edmunds site is totally out of date. Talk to them about the holdback they receive and push them into absorbing the cost of the extras rather than splitting them. Remember, if you itemize your Fed return, you have up to a $1575 credit if you aren't snared by the AMT. Also, congratulations on doing your homework.
  • prius3prius3 Member Posts: 2
    If you haven't already tried them, I suggest checking with Libertyville Toyota. No other dealers in the Chicago area were willing to beat their quote for my model. Everything was conducted very smoothly through email. Good luck.
  • judefjudef Member Posts: 1
    Longo Toyota, $26,336+Tax(8.25%)+Title+License = $28,812 Worked with the internet manager. Great experience and very minimal need for haggling. He threw in "Exact" mats including cargo mat at that price. I believe these are cheaper than the all weather mats. Overall, I believe this is "at invoice".

I am still wondering if I should get the extended warranty??
  • gilnashgilnash Member Posts: 19
    the New York Times has an article today on Civics, including the GX: A Civics Lesson With a Multiple-Choice Test
    You're very welcome, addi. Unfortunately, it is difficult to calculate what lease payments on Toyotas should be through Toyota Financial Services because the residual values that it publishes are for base models. Unlike most banks, it places restrictions upon which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows. As a result, vehicles' actual dollar residual values are lower than just a straight percentage of your vehicle's MSRP. Toyota provides dealers with a list of dollar residual values for every vehicle that they have in stock. You really need to ask the dealer what the residual value is for the vehicle that you want to calculate its lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi shine5555. This looks like an advertised lease payment. Like most advertised leases, this is a pretty good deal but I would not be surprised if you were able to beat it by shopping around. Manufacturers' advertised leases tend to leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. It makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty annoyed if their manufacturer advertised the skinniest possible deal on a car or truck. I suggest that you use this advertised lease as a baseline for how much you should pay, shop around, and try to beat it. You don't have anything to lose by trying.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dakota12dakota12 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a std Prius with Package #2 at Victory Toyota in near Monterey, CA. $22,700 plus tax and registration - a little more than $1300 under MSRP. Took advantage of the February financing special from Toyota of 0% for 24 months - the cash we didn't give them today will sit in a bank account at 4% as it pays off the loan, earning $1000, so that's nice, too. Finance guy did the requisite offering of extended warranty, etc., but didn't push any of it. Really a very pleasant experience.

Thank you to this forum for helping us get a price we're happy with!
  • prius3prius3 Member Posts: 2
    I'm afraid I have to add a caveat to my recommendation of Libertyville Toyota. They did, indeed, have the lowest price on the car ($18 above published invoice), but when I went to close the deal their finance guys were rather deceptive with the extras. If you do go with them, please be warned.
  • runonmd1runonmd1 Member Posts: 11
    JUST SAY NO!
    ...to the "paint protection," "rust protection," "seat protection," a "special alarm system," extended warranty (you can get it on your own at a far lower price), etc.

I know it can be difficult, but you can do it!

Richard :shades:
  • prius07prius07 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Prius last night from Toyota of Greenville. Price paid for package #2 plus floor mats was $22,200 (includes $675 destination for being in the southeast) plus $289 docs, $675 NC tax, $56 tags; $23,208 out the door.

Claire Olsen-Ramirez is their internet sales manager, and she's terrific to work with. She found me the color I wanted from another dealer so I can pick it up tomorrow. It took almost an hour to get the last $200 off, but they finally agreed.

Also, Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville, NC has no haggle pricing for just a few dollars more than that ($22,498 plus tax plus $85 tag = $23,258 out the door). Ask if their finance department charges a loan fee, though.
    Congrats on getting just the Prius you wanted. Toyota Southeast is almost a separate entity from Toyota America and they really stick it to you for documentation.

BTW, the forum moderators have no problem with us mentioning a particular dealership that served us well but they would prefer we not post specific names of the folks that served us.
  • wooha2000wooha2000 Member Posts: 54
    Hi,

I am in the middle of negotiating with a couple of LV dealerships on a 2007 Touring Package #2 with Floor Mats.

1. 23910 OTD (not including tax but all other doc fees)
    2. 24348 OTD (not including tax but all other doc fees)
    - this also includes alarm, tinting.

Are these reasonable prices? Seems a bit expensive.

thanks.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter would like to talk to a recent Prius buyer who took advantage of the lease deals Toyota is now offering. If interested, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than February 28, 2007 with your daytime contact information and a brief description of your purchase experience.
  • luckyboyluckyboy Member Posts: 12
    SO physched! Just picked up my standard Prius (seaside pearl on grey interior) with no packages (pretty hard to find!) with an MSRP of $22,994 (including destination and mats which seem to come with every CA car) for $2500 off (i.e. $20494) which is about $700 under invoice. Thought I'd post my buying experiences this weekend in case it helps anyone.

OTD (including $45 doc fee, 8.5% tax & CA license) was $22,569-$400 recent college grad rebate. At 0%for 24months with $2500 down my payments are still under $850. Purchase experience was great at Downtown Oakland Toyota with my Internet salesperson (but he said not to expect this kind of deal on a normal day, was kind of a end of the month, low sales, special!) The finance guy did try the hard sale on the extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance but backed off once I told him it was under a grand for the 7/100 platinum from other dealer reps (plus you can purchase right before the standard warranty runs out) and that no way 5yrs/50K miles of service could cost over $2K as the the prius is fairly low maintenance. I also had to have him re-print out the sales contract after he tried to sneak in a ~$180 theft deterrent charge (not exactly sure what that was going to be about but there was a place for it on the standard CA new car contract). I had called or emailed about 10 dealers in the bay area.

Misc. tips I gathered;
    The closest, Fremont Toyota, seemed like total d*cks. I came in asking about priuses, and the sales guy I got knew very little about them. He didn't talk much at all during the test drive and was not too social. Besides they only had 6 or 7 in stock (supposedly the biggest Toy dealer in northern cal?) and most had dealer options like $3,000 leather or a $3,000 moonroof added.... I noticed Piercy in San Jose and Melody on the peninsula and the walnut creek dealers were offering $2500 off but only had package 4 or above in stock. Berkeley Toyota had $2,000 off any in stock, but the Internet sales guy claimed he was the #1 prius dealer in the area but had never seen a base prius at a dealer without packages and that a base 2007 would have no side airbags so I avoided them even though they had lots of HGs (package 2) for $2K off. I got various quotes from a few other bay area dealer (walnut creek again, marin toyota, daly city, dublin) and all seemed similar with $1600-2000 off HGs but less off base models if they had any in stock. Sunnyvale Toyota claimed they would match other deals but the sales guy just laughed when I asked for the $2500 off that other dealers advertised. Personally I think on a package 6 you could probably find places offering a tad over $3K off these days, $2500 is decent for a #5 or #4 and $2K off a #2. Never saw any #1 or #3s here in CA. All had $199 floor mat option already added to the factory window sticker. Only a few dealers had base prius in stock. At all bay area dealers, the Touring model was in low supply and most of the above discounts would not apply.
    This dude really did his home work!
    Good job...

My best price on a 2007 touring package 2 including window tinting and floor mats is 24035 OTD not including sales tax.
  • larry123larry123 Member Posts: 1
    Actually, I don't recommend a non-dealer warranty. I bought a cheaper non-manufacturer/dealer warranty when I bought my Buick Regal with Warranty Gold. As I recall they were triple A rated so I thought I couldn't lose. Within 2 year after I bought their warranty, they sold their company, and the new owners of Warranty Gold went bankrupt in pretty short order. I ended up with a totally worthless warranty. Therefor, I would never again buy a warranty other than a manufacturer/dealer warranty. I WOULD URGE OTHERS TO PASS ON ANY WARRANTY THAT IS NOT A MANUFACTURER/DEALER WARRANTY!!!
  • cindiann1cindiann1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Are you still considering selling your Prius?? I am interested. Please advise. Thanks,
    Cindy
    I bought the pkg. 2 from a San Francisco Bay Area dealer today for a shade under than $21,700 (with mats) + fees and taxes. It turns out to be $2500 off MSRP. Also 0% financing. It was a pleasant experience.

But the dealer did convince me to purchase what they called the service contract, which is a 7 yr/75000 mi deal for $900. According to him any Toyota service center will fix any problem other than regular oil changes, brake pads and tires, no fine print exceptions. Further, he said that I have 60 days to cancel it if I change my mind and it is transferrable to the next owner. He took care to explain that it was not an extended warranty, which simply extended the manufacturer's original limited warranty. This, he said, was like an insurance for any problem, including ones that were not covered by the standard or extended warranty. He seemed like an honest and sincere fellow, and besides since I had 60 days to change my mind, I went ahead and signed up for it. Anybody heard of this? Is it worth it? Or money down the drain?
  • luckyboyluckyboy Member Posts: 12
    I would cancel that service contract. The Prius needs no maintenance other than oil changes for 100K+ miles. It is unlikely to need any other kind of service. Besides in CA you have the 3yr/3K B2B warranty, 60month/60K powertrain warranty and 15yr/150K emissions and hybrid component (battery is for 10 years) warranty. Sum up all those warranties and that service contract will likely not be good for anything. Sounds like a pretty good price after all, was this by chance at Melody or Piercy toyota?
    Remember that the finance department at a dealer is almost an independent entity of the sales force so you can be dealt very fairly by the sales people but get muscled around by the finance dudes.

For openers, the extended warranty essentially duplicates the basic warranty for the first three years. There is no advantage in purchasing this warranty until the basic warranty is about to expire.

You can cancel the warranty for a full refund but I believe the window for this is 30, not 60 days. Read the fine print on the warranty agreement copy you got to definitely determine the width of the complete refund window. After this window closes you can only cancel on a prorated basis. Also, if during this 30 day window you exercise either the basic or the extended warranty, any refund then becomes prorated. If you elect to cancel the warranty, do it immediately and bed sure to do it with a certified letter to that effect so that you can prove that they received he cancellation during the full refund window.

The finance guy's declaration that the warranty can be transfered (for a nominal fee) is correct. His statement that the policy he is selling you has better coverage than the Toyota Extra Care (Platinum) Plan is a flat out misrepresentation. You are being sold an extended warranty and the coverage is identical to the basic warranty with the sole exception that the extended warranty provides for a rental vehicle during vehicle repairs while the basic warranty doesn't. Big deal!

The price you paid for the extended warranty isn't bad, but you can do better. For starters, you have a 7/75,000 warranty, probably with a $50 deductible. But for aother $90 dollars, ou can buy a Platinum 7/100,000 policy with no deductible from Toyota of Greenfield, MA. (I have no business or personal connection with them).

The price you paid for the Prius is very good. And the 0% financing is outstanding.
    cruising, it is not an extended warranty. It's a service contract, which is different from the extended warranty.

Luckyboy, what you say about the prius not really needing anything other than regular maintenance and that the service contract is a waste makes sense. That's what I was leaning towards as well. Unless other Prius owners come forward and say that defects and/or breakdowns of other parts not covered by the basic warranty is rather high, I'll probably do exactly that: cancel the service contract.

And, yes, I'm happy with the price I paid for it.
  • kmsazkmsaz Member Posts: 2
    I'm impressed with the deals being offered in CA. So far, no one in the Phoenix area is offering under $23500 for a package #2 even though there are plenty on the lots! Any advice?
  • bravebrave Member Posts: 3
    Today I got a quote at $22899 + tax + title for a 2007 touring with package 2, $148 above invoice. Do you think this is a fair deal? Any input will be appreciated.
  • boraboraborabora Member Posts: 16
    got two good quotes today by calling around LA dealerships. 22180,which is 200under invoice. the other matches invoice. probably i will take the higher one for they have the right interior color i like.

also called north cal dealers, seems they generally have better quotes thank southern cal.
    depend on where you are.
  • sc4lasc4la Member Posts: 2
    I live in Socal am I am looking to lease a Prius package 6.
    The breakdown is:

MSRP: $27465(cost includes a premium package and the touring model)
    Term: 36 months
    Miles per Year: 15,000
    Tax in California: 8.25%
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor: .00155 (I think)
    My drive-off was $2000.

They offered me monthly payments of $382 per month (including tax). The deal did not sound right to me so I wanted to run it by you, Carman. What do you think??

Please let me know,

SC4LA
  • bravebrave Member Posts: 3
    The dealer is in Philly suburb.
    If you bought a service contract, that's an entirely different matter. I didn't even consider that you purchased a service contract because I've never run across anyone who ever did. If the contract commits you to using a Toyota dealership for service work, I myself would not opt for that because I want the flexibility to use any competent maintenace facility of my choice.
  • pushanpushan Member Posts: 15
    The tax credit for Toyota Prius is $3150 for those who purchased it on or before Oct 1, 2006, however you may not be entitled for full tax credit because of AMT.

You may want to check form 8910 for more details.
  • shanam30shanam30 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007,package 2 Prius from Toyota 101 in golden ???. Wanted a silver but could not find one at the same price $23752 out of the door, ( there was a metallic grey at Daly City Toyota for less though ) no warranty, no service contracts etc. I thought that the mats were included but hey should have confirmed that. Anyways, I like the way they do business, very pleasant people. We worked with Bob.
  • kmsazkmsaz Member Posts: 2
    Got my Prius yesterday at Powell Toyota Tempe. Wes (fleet/internet sales) was great to work with. After checking with all the dealers in town - he gave a firm ""out the door" price over the phone, $24339 (includes tax, license, tire tax, documentation fee, title fee). Package 1.
  • addiaddi Member Posts: 33
    Last month (FEB) the M.F. for Southern Indiana was .00055 for a 24 month deal. When you get the opportunity, would you please give me the M.F. for March. Thanks.

Addie
  • dpotthoff1dpotthoff1 Member Posts: 1
    I just got my Prius a few days ago at San Marcos Toyota (between Austin and San Antonio in Texas).

2007 Prius with Package #3, Extra Mile Option Package "A" (which is a lot of foo-foo like floor mats, cargo net, roadside asst, etc), dealer undercoating, window etching.

MSRP=$26978, final price that we settled at was $24379. I thought that I could beat them down more because they had 19 Prius on their lot and it was the last day of the month. The original salesman agreed to most of the price cut. When they got the "sales manager" involved, he only cut it another $225.

So the out the door price was $26078 ($24379 for the car, 6.25% taxes=$1523.69, Documentation fee=$50, title/license=$125)

The documentation fee is just another way to get money out of you. I asked for them to wave it and they refused (this is the financing guy that I am dealing with now). I don't argue because it is late and I am tired. Then he hits me for an "advalorum tax" of $53. I told him that I called the county tax collectors office earlier in the day and they do not collect an advalorum tax. He stumbles around and finally says it is to reimburse the dealership for the tax that they have to pay on their inventory. Let me get this straight: I take one of your cars off your lot so that you don't have to pay a tax on it anymore, and you want me to reimburse you for the tax that you might have paid? It really irks me that they use the term "advalorum" when it is nothing but another try to get into your pocket. I was hot and told him if he didn't drop it, I would walk (and I would have,too). He dropped it. Don't get fooled by this ploy.

My wife and I really love the Prius so far. I think it was a good choice. Good luck on your car hunt.
    i got my Package 2# at toyota of alhambra, CA. :shades:
    22382 for car and mats,etc,
    55 document,
    1851 tax,
    209 DMV,
    8.75 tire,

total 24505.

the dealer throw in Extended warranty for Platinum Toyota Extra Care for 1150(7year/75k), and autocare premium prepaid maintenance program for 1355. I didn't think it through and accepted. :cry: Now i got 60 days to cancel them. Shall i cancel it?

appreciate your help.
    I would cancel both programs ASAP. The prepaid service simply lets them work on your money and it locks you into a dealership for the work. You can buy a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty with no deductible for under $1000 on the internet.
    What's more, since it overlaps the basic 3 year warranty, you have the entire three year period in which to make any decision regarding an extended warranty.

Important: If you decide to cancel either or both of these agreements, do it with certified mail so that you have proof that they received your instructions within the full refund window.
    Was it a 2007 Touring?

thanks
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    I felt the same way concerning Extended Service Agreements ( what some incorrectly call Extended Warranties ) on all my Toyota's since 1989. I've never even remotely needed one for the first 100K miles.

But...that was on the antediluvean vehicles of the last century. Since about 2001 all vehicles are progressively becoming rolling computers with multiple 'smart systems'. None is smarter than the Prius. The benefit is that these smart systems are on the one hand lighter, simpler and easier to repair than the old mechanical systems they replaced - however none are built by Toyota!!!!

They are subassemblies or controller for systems built by Toyota. This is why all these electronic controllers are covered only by the 3/36 Basic warranty. So even if Toyota's basic system is bulletproof, say a transmission with a 5/60 warranty,the controllers for it are only covered by the 3/36.

Case in point we had an MR2 Spyder with the Sequential Manual Transmission. It started acting up and we took it in to find out what was the problem and it turned out to be a pump and a control units that make the SMT work. Not part of the 5/60 PT warranty. It was part of the 3/36 electronics warranty. Net cost to replace the two parts - $2400 for each part - $4800 !!! and $800 labor.

Ahh the ripoff service department saw a another dumb uneducated slob coming and really took advantage of them. Well not exactly actually I've worked at that store for 7 yrs and am very close to the owners. I sold the MR2 to myself and I've done all my service there - free, like all the other customers getting new vehicle. It's just the times.

Each of these new vehicles from Tundras to Camrys to Prius' to Avalons are rolling electronic systems with 10-20 'laptops' spread out through the vehicle. If you had to replace your laptop, or two, in the next 7 years how much would each cost - plus labor? Well I still have never purchased an ESC on any Toyota including my current Prius but given what I know now a good deal on one for future models is worth the peace of mind.

You are right it is an insurance policy against catastrophic failures.
  • 350350 Member Posts: 9
    MSRP $23,874
    Package 1 with mats
    $20,874 + $50 doc fee + TTL
    North Park
    Boerne, TX
    Excellent buying experience
  • a931048a931048 Member Posts: 6
    Have you considered Classic Toyota at Round Rock? They were having 10% off MSRP. However they do not have a Prius with no options/packages that I am looking for.
  • a931048a931048 Member Posts: 6
    Wow. That is a very good price!!! $3000 off MSRP. How did you ask for a quote? Using internet? Did they offered this quote straight or you have to go thru several rounds. Finally when did you buy the car? I am in the market for a prius in Austin. But will be willing to go Boerne for this price. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.