Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sendsleysendsley Member Posts: 10
    With the 2008 Model the EPA estimate on all cars is going down to realistic numbers, for Prius it will go from 60/51 to 48/45 so that will hurt them. Gas prices traditionally drop as summer goes down and the tax credit ends all together on Prius, Oct 1 I believe. I believe Toyota will be offering incentives very soon on Prius'

Best money factor on a lease I saw in my research was .0011 back in March, best I got offered in the past week was .0025

Right now, buying is better than leasing but it may not be long until that changes. Just my speculation based on some solid facts, I have no inside info.

Scott
  • lifeisgood8lifeisgood8 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks so much Scott! Any insight on the price they are offering for the car and what is realistically negotiable?
    Thanks!
    :)
    Oops I suppose it helps to tell youwhat they are offering for the 2007 Prius

1st question: Is this a good deal? And where is there room to negotiate?
    Base Model - $22,175
    Package #6 - $4550
    Rear Bumper Applique (?) $65
    Wheel Locks (alloy) $65
    Preferred Acess Pkg. - $277
    Destination Charge - $620

Total $27,752

Thanks!
    Hi!

I'm ready to dump my gas-guzzling, leased Mercedes for a Prius. The car dealer faxed me the rate sheet and next week I go in to negotiate.

Is this a good deal? And where is there room to negotiate?
    Base Model - $22,175
    Package #6 - $4550
    Rear Bumper Applique (?) $65
    Wheel Locks (alloy) $65
    Preferred Acess Pkg. - $277
    Destination Charge - $620

Total $27,752

I live in Connecticut and there is no tax charges on the car.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • cruising7388cruising7388 Member Posts: 125
    I wouldn't even bother going in there. Their quote is an insult. It's over MSRP for starters. The Preferred Access package is a bogus dealer charge. It is not an OEM option. The wheel locks and applique you can't do much about. The cars come with it to the dealer. It's done at the port of entry. It's a scam because you can't refuse the "option" but it doesn't amount to much so it isn't worth arguing about. Some dealers in the country are selling this vehicle at Invoice. Don't be afraid to drive a reasonable distance to get the price you want to pay. No way do you want to pay more than $500 over invoice. Two things I suggest you consider at this point:

1. It's August. In less than 3 months, the 2008 models will be on the dealer floor. At 9 months into the production year, a 2007 model has depreciated even before you take it off the floor. Consider delaying your purchase accordingy.

2. Consider Package 5 as a more effective package. All Package 6 adds are leather seats for which they nail you for over $1300. Leather seats in a Mercy B might be nice, but I've never heard anybody rave about the leather seats in the Prius and for that matter only part of the seat is leather anyway. If you have to have leather, talk with an auto upholsterer who may be able to offer you a higher quality cover at a better price. $1300? IMO, it isn't worth it. Consider: $1300 will buy enough fuel to run this car for well over $22,000 miles!

If you want to make some useful comparisons, have a look at the Prius offerings at Fitzgerald Auto (www.fitzmall.com). I've found their listings useful for getting a feel of what is happening in the market.

They don't charge sales taxes when you register a vehicle in Connecticut? That's unusual. I know there are states that have no sales tax at all but I didn't know Connecticut was one of them.

Good hunting. Remember, you have the checkbook - you're in control.
    Cruising-

You are a saint! Thanks for all the information...It will be put to good use and save me quite a bit of money. CT is currently not charging sales tax on hybrid cars...I'm not certian if all hybrids are part of the deal but the Prius falls into this category. It makes it that much more appealing. I'll shop around until I find what I want at a fair price.

All the best to you! :)
  • prusaprusa Member Posts: 43
    cruising,
    You are my Angel! I rather wait for the 2008 than paying for a 2007 the ridiculous price of 29,756 (as this dealer wanted me to pay last Sat). I left the place without even saying good buy. Are you advising for a 2008 instead of a 2007? If that is the case, this is what I have been waiting for. Thanks for all the information. By the way, the dealer told me that the 2008 will be available in Sept.
    PRUSA
    There are two approaches to this. You can wait for next year's model and avoid an immediate 3,000 depreciation on the 2007 the day the 2008 hits the floor or you can use this math as leverage for lowering their asking price for the 2007 models still in inventory. Since we're talking about a couple of months as the most, I'd opt for waiting for the 2008 model to hit the streets.

You also have to consider some things that are not all that intuitive. For example, yes, Connecticut doesn't levy a sales tax on hybrid vehicles but what may happen is that the dealers in CT accordingly raise their out the door price that partially, if not completely offsets the tax savings. A way of beating that is to purchase the car in an adjacent or nearby state that permits you to purchase the car without paying sales tax if you provide the necessary documentation that it is being taken out of state. Alternatively, you could have an adjacent state physically deliver the car into CT which makes that issue moot. Motivated dealers will do this, often without additional cost.

If you do wait for the 2008, remember that the contents of the respective packages offered will vary from year to year so be sure you choose the package that includes the amenities you want. Again, I would reconsider the cost effectiveness of opting for the leather seats. Take a look at a current year model with those seats to see if they really make a difference to you. This is after all a practical moderate priced vehicle, it ain't a Mercedes. And particularly if you have children that will inhabit the Prius, I strongly recommend opting for the standard seat covers and putting on some waterproof seat covers made by GT covers. They're an excellent fit, washable, and they preclude the nightmare of dealing with cat pee, wine stains, dog poop and the mess that typically follows kids
    around. When you eventually sell or trade the car, you can peel them off and interior essentially still looks new.

There isn't a gun with a barrel big enough to make me deal with a floor salesman for any vehicle in this day and age. I'd stick with the internet division of the dealership -most every one of them has this department. Amusingly, the internet department and the floor sales department are almost like two independent companies within the same dealership and there is no love lost between them.

Stick with one individual in the internet department and make it clear that you want them to provide you with the dealer invoice for the car you are considering because you want your negotiating to involve invoice-plus rather than MSRP-minus.

An annoyance everyone has to suffer no matter where they buy is being pushed through the dealer finance office, even if it's an all cash transaction. You will get a pitch to purchase a 7 year extended warranty for as much as $2000. Don't get sucked into this. An extended warranty is a discrete commodity which can be purchased from any Toyota within the basic three year warrantee period and some dealers specialize in selling just the warranties, some for less than $1000. The pros and cons of the extended warranty itself is another subject to get into once you purchase the car. It MUST be a Toyota warranty. I'd avoid 3rd party warranties like the plague. And ironically, it isn't a 7 year policy, it's actually a four year policy because it piggybacks onto the basic three year bumper to bumper warranty.

Another thing, the most generous warranty on Prius hybrids is offered by what is called CARB compliant (California Air Resources Board) states. These states are California, Connecticut, Maine, Massacussets, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhose Island and Vermont. If you ultimately determine that your most cost effective route is an out of state purchase, be sure that it is one of the states listed above because the warranty you will get for both the hybrid battery and the entire emission control system is substantially better than the same warranty Toyota provides for the non-CARB states.

Finally, I don't know if CT permits solo drivers of qualifying hybrid vehicles to travel in the HOV lanes. If this privilege is available, before you buy out of state, (if you buy out of state) determine whether a vehicle purchased out of state and registered in CT will qualify for this perk.

You're wise to surf through the Edmunds forum for tips on how to best position yourself for buying a vehicle. I encourage you to look back through previous months on this subject. This forum has saved prudent buyers millions of dollars. Armed with solid information, you'll be able to make it happen, rather than watching it happen, or even worse, someday wondering "What happened?"

Good luck and remember, you have the hammer!
  • jjlawyerjjlawyer Member Posts: 17
    Check out priuschat.com for pricing. I think people are able to get package 6 touring for about $26300, maybe $26000 for package 6 non-touring. That price is not that good.
  • dianamaraydianamaray Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a pkg 2 in San Diego/LA and I'm not seeing the 19,900 - 20,500 prices mentioned a couple of months ago. Anywhere else that might offer this price range? Costco?
  • flmthrwr31flmthrwr31 Member Posts: 6
    I just received a quote of 26200 for a package #5 Prius.

Total out the door was over 28k, along with a rediculous 6.9% financing for 60 months. When I asked if it would be a lower rate at 36 months, the salesman replied with "not really". Down the road at the Ford dealership there are signs everywhere for 0%--like we're idiots I guess.

The salesman also said he wouldn't budge much below full MSRP. I'm definitely going over to the Honda dealership later this week, where it'll hopefully be more reasonable.

This is in Michigan.
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    Cars that don't sell well need incentives. Hence, Ford, GM, and Chrysler have 0% and other ones. Cars that "fly off the lots", such as the Prius, do not see incentives. At least not very often. This spring, in Canada, Toyota had a 3.9% financing plan (which I took advantage of). I see it's still offered here.
    I agree that Toyota does not need to offer 0%, but they do need to offer a fair rate. You can get a used car at 6.9%. Even third parties such as CapitalOne can offer 5.9% for a new car. 3.9% would be fine with me.
    Yes, but the Prius is not exactly flying off dealer lots. The situation has changed significantly since 2006 and you will find them in abundance on any dealer lot these days.
  • larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    They are not "flying off the lots" because Toyota finally ramped up the supply to normal levels.

Back when they were "flying off the lots" it was because of a shortage.

They are still a car in the high end of the demand chain.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    If they don't offer competitive rates, you can shop for rates outside. You can take the 5.9% from CapitalOne or check your local credit union.
  • nahreatnahreat Member Posts: 12
    pathstar1, have you tried asking what the buy rate is before you start negotiating the sales price? I usually ask them what the 'buy rate' from Toyota. They will do everything that they can to get you off the topic but if stay on them they will have to give in. Tell them that you have Tier 1 credit, they will then quote you the buy rate but follow up by saying you have to have Tier 1 plus to get it (~710ish). then you simply get them to commit to the buy rate if I had tier 1 plus credit score. Now go deal on the car and when you get to financing you just tell them you have tier 1plus so you have to get the previously quoted buy rate or it's a deal breaker. The only thing is that you have to have great credit or else you're at their mercy. Good luck!
    If Toyota isn't offering a subsidized incentive rate on the vehicle, it's probably better to just arrange your own best rate financing from a credit union before you ever go to the dealer.
    You have better control if you do it that way and the salespeople will not be able to play the games where they try to hide the rate and terms from you by only quoting payments.
  • muttlovermuttlover Member Posts: 3
    I understand that there is a dealer holdback right now, at least this is in California. It is from a report I pulled. If I mention this, will that help? Also, I understand the Invoice price is the dealer's Maximum cost to acquire the car from the dealer. If they sell a lot of Priuses, does that mean their invoice price is less? I live in Marin and I think this is the #1 area of sold Priuses. I think. I was looking at the Touring model package 3-6. (Is the only difference with 3 that the Navigation is not voice activated and no leather seats?)
    There is only one Navigation system. It can be voice activated. Leather on the seating areas can be "factory", "port installed", "dealer installed", or done by your choice of auto upholstering company. Most of these install leather covers where only the centre seatbottom and seatback panels are real leather. The rest is imitation leather. You -can- order full leather seatcovers from the upholstering company, but it will be fairly expensive.

Note that the Touring model will be in short supply next year (2008) so be prepared to jump if you find one.
  • wooha2000wooha2000 Member Posts: 54
    "Note that the Touring model will be in short supply next year (2008) so be prepared to jump if you find one."

Why would this be?
  • nitinnnitinn Member Posts: 7
    Got my prius yesterday with PKG#2.
    Price 21888$ (200$ below 22088 invoice) + Tax and license
    Its from Bay area dealer : Toyota Sunnyvale.
  • dianamaraydianamaray Member Posts: 2
    With the soon to come 2008's - any idea if/when the prices on the 2007s will be coming down?
    You'd have to ask Toyota why. A dealer has posted his allotment for 2008. It was something like 3500 Prius, with only 135 being Touring. That was in California. Perhaps the Touring isn't selling well?

There are a lot of people who just buy on price. The Touring tends to be equipped with more "options", so appears a lot more expensive. If you look closely, however, you will see it is only a few hundred more than a similarly equipped standard model.

There has been a report that Toyota will also release a "stripped" model in 2008 in the US (no options), for a little less than the current lowest package. Perhaps this is a clue that the majority of people really do buy on price alone. I personally buy the options I want, rather than trying to get the lowest price by buying a stripped car.

All this is probably Toyota "slotting in" the car against the competition (price wise).
  • dregodrego Member Posts: 1
    Great deal! Thanks for posting. Can you PM the name of your salesman? I'll try and get the same deal.
  • nitinnnitinn Member Posts: 7
    Michael Chung. (Toyota sunnyvale)

My calculated guess is that this month end they should sell this car (PKG#2) for 300-500 below invoice. I had 2 dealers with same price. Another was Gilroy. Gilroy has 2-3 cars left from previous month stock. You should bargain for 300-500) below invoice for that.
  • gokalpsgokalps Member Posts: 10
    Does anybody know the details of the new "Lots on the Lot" campaign? Does it include any deals for Prius?
  • mehebubmehebub Member Posts: 5
    Any body know if 2008 prices will go up. I am also "booked" for a 2007 Prius and am wondering if I should hold off.
  • kyuzokyuzo Member Posts: 2
    Hey all, my wife and I just picked up a 2007 Prius Model 1224C with Package #2 today in Orlando, FL. Here's what we paid:

Selling Price: $23171
    Dealer Service Fee: $600
    State Sales Tax: $1336
    County Tax: $25
    Tag/Title Fee: $125

For a total of $25257 out-the-door. They also gave us $1500 for our trade-in of a fair condition 1994 Honda Accord EX.

My wife is convinced we got jammed hard, but I want to run it by you guys to see what you think.
    Did you get jammed? Yep, IMO, you got jellied and jammed.

MSRP for a Package #2 Prius is $22175 plus the destination fee of $660 for a total vehicle cost of $23,410. You paid the dealer $23,171 plus a dealer ripoff of $600 for a total of $23,771. So you ended up paying $600 over MSRP. Edmunds reports an average purchase pricea (TMV) of $22,293 or about $1400 less than you paid for the vehicle.
    Also, unless the trade-in needed alot of work, a 1994 Accord is probably worth more than $1500.
  • kyuzokyuzo Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, we were willing to take it because we had just been quoted about $1500 in work on a bunch of leaking oil seals. The Accord had paint fade and some minor trim damage, so we were okay with them giving us $1500 in trade.
    I've contacted a handful of dealers in Michigan, and none will budge below MSRP. It seems that in other states, based on posts on Edmunds, people are buying at Invoice+ rather than full MSRP. I refuse to pay full MSRP for a 2007 that will be worth 3 grand less when I drive it off the lot.

I'm being quoted 28200 OTD for a package #5 by literally every dealer.

Can anyone give me any options? Any nearby states that can get this deal done?

I want to pay around 27k OTD if possible.
    Are you talking to floor salesmen or the internet department? The internet dept is invariably equipped with sharper pencils.
    I'm talking to floor salesmen. I also contacted Costco, who routed me back to one of the same floor salesman from a dealership I previously contacted. He said the Costco discount would be $100 off.

I'll look into the internet sales more today.
    I finally got a decent deal on a 2007 Prius Package #5 (base model).

25200 price
    27032 OTD (tax, title, plate transfer, doc fee)

It took contacting 5-6 dealers to find anyone willing to negotiate. I recommend contacting the internet manager, and bouncing prices off the different dealers, looking for a match. The majority of these dealers were unwilling to even listen to a below-MRSP offer.
  • tnel332tnel332 Member Posts: 23
    I saw a couple of 07's with the #2 Package. Is the discount done for the #2? On Edmunds they have #2 listed for about $575 but on the window sticker, it said the #2 was $1175 give or take a few bucks..
    Package #2 or "B" in the US is $575 from the Toyota.com web site (I entered a Chicago zip). Go there, enter your zip, and price your Toyota. Note the packages are letters, not numbers, but when you mouse over them to see the details they list them using the numbers as well.

The 2008s will start arriving at the end of this month (some dealers on west coast). Prices aren't changing much, perhaps $40 according to one dealer rep. The car is pretty much the same as the 2007, same colours, options, etc.
    Prices are changing for 2008. The dealer rep was lying.
    There will be a new 2008 Standard model with some decontenting for a significantly lower price than the cheapest 2007.
  • faisfais Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I have been waiting a couple of months for "our" prius to come in. It finally arrived, and after it sat at a local mechanic to get heated seats added, the car wouldn't start. The dealership tells us the car ran out of gas, so the battery completely went dead. They had to get someone from Raleigh (the car is in asheville) to come "recharge" the battery. They tell us this is no problem and we shouldn't worry but I'm thinking we need to let the dealership sell the car to someone else and let us wait for the next one. Does anyone know how a dead prius battery can affect the life of the battery? and is this typical to need someone 250+ miles away to come recharge the battery? My husband wants to buy this car (he's driving a 1995 honda accord w/o AC in 100+ degree weather now) but i'm wary of it. we're planning to pay cash for the car. Any suggestions would he greatly appreciated.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    If you have not bought it I would look around longer. Make sure any modifications are documented by the Toyota dealer not to void your warranty. Anything tapped into the hybrid electrical is suspect. It can void your warranty. You should get a great deal on a 2007 right now. Pay No more than invoice. Or wait for the 2008.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi lifeisgood8. The Prius that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Are you being given any sort of dealer discount on it? If not, you should try to negotiate a little bit. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the Prius right now, but I would think that you would be able to negotiate at least a $1,000 discount if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Toyota Prius: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

I don't believe that Toyota is providing any sort of lease support on the Prius in your area right now. As a result, if you were to lease this car through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I checked, TFS' buy rate standard money factor for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier was .00285 in your area. What you were told is correct, Toyota's lease program for the Prius is not very attractive right now. Still, I personally would be very hesitant to purchase this car with the intention of holding on to it for a really long time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    First, there are two batteries. The 12V one is a standard lead-acid battery, and will be damaged by being discharged fully (loss of capacity). It sounds like they succeeded in discharging the "traction battery". It's a 208V NiMH battery, and it would be unlikely that this would damage that battery. There are only a few chargers for this battery in the US (one in each "region" I'm told), so they have to bring in that charger and the "expert" who knows how to use it. Remembering that you have a 3 year warranty on the entire car (except for wear items), and a 7 minimum year warranty on the 208V battery, I wouldn't worry that the car was damaged. The local mechanic obviously didn't understand Prius and managed to discharge the battery. He must have "tried real hard" to do so, as the car's system will usually prevent this from happening. Fully discharging the 12V battery is not uncommon however.

I would -require- the dealer to warrant the 12V battery for 3 years as part of the sales agreement due to the potential for damage. Unless they replace it with a new one. That should cover you. Do check to make sure the seat heaters don't work when the car is off and are powered only when the car is in "ready". Otherwise the "mechanic" got it wrong, and needs to fix it.
    Please, the dealer rep was not "lying". I said the prices weren't changing -much-. And they aren't. Please read more carefully!
    As I couldn't edit my previous post, here is the completed changed post.

Please, the dealer rep was not "lying". I said the prices weren't changing -much-. And they aren't. Please read more carefully! And please don't call people lyrs. You could say he was "misinformed", for example, if you disagree.

These are California prices:
    "Standard" model -
    New "lower cost" base model:
    $20,950, $1,225 lower than current base price. They deleted cruise control, tonneau cover, heated rearview mirrors, wheel trim ring, and seatback pockets. "This removed equipment from the new standard grade is available in factory option packages." At extra cost, of course. Removing equipment and dropping the price does not, in my book, constitute a drop in price.
    Package B or HG $23,370 No changes from 2007 Model
    Package C or HK $25,375 Modest drop in price - $40.00
    Package D or NL $26,075 Same $40.00 drop in price.
    Package E or NW $27,345 Same $40.00 drop in price.

Touring -
    Package #6 = Leather and Navigation (I hear it may be the only Touring Package - we shall see) - $27,865 Same $40.00 drop in price.

Some reports say the prices have gone up $150 for each model. YMMV. Either way, no substantial changes in pricing.
    I don't understand the necessity of externally charging the 208V battery. The 12 volts battery starts the engine and once the engine is running won't the integrated HV generator charge the 208V batteries?
    No, you misunderstand. The 12V battery "boots" the computers, pressurizes the brake system, and closes the relays in the 208V battery box, thus enabling the system to use the 208V, boosted by the inverter, to start the engine, via MG1. It draws a 35 Amp roughly 1/2 sec pulse of current from the 12V battery to get to "ready". Two of them, actually, the first pressurizes the brakes when you put your foot on the brake pedal, and the second occurs when you press "On".

Personally, I find it hard to believe the 208V battery was discharged. I -hope- the dealership was just confused and called for help unnecessarily. The system shouldn't let the 208V battery discharge below about 30% state of charge. It should shut down and not restart after a few tries. Perhaps they had to call for help because they didn't know how to reset it (they have to use the THHT (Toyota hand held tool). I don't know and can't think of how the "mechanic" got to this state. Toyota should hire him to help make the cars "foolproof". ;)
  • baccus49baccus49 Member Posts: 60
    Got a black Prius today (8/10/07) with PKG#2. Price 21488 + tax & tags. It is from Bay Area (Gilroy Toyota).
    The price is advertised on Mercury news ads. No negotiation at all.
  • echoparkgirlechoparkgirl Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I am new to this.

I could not help but notice your comments about the internet divisions. I have not found them to be all that much sharper. They have been quoting me prices that exceed $2500 for a 2007 Prius. If you would like, I can tell you what dealer quoted me what ridiculous price. These were all dealers I asked for a quote on cars.com

Ironically Toyota is advertising a clearance sale on 2007 Prius cars. I have located over 600 Toyota Prius vehicles all over the country. A local dealer in Kingsport, Tennessee, and others, stated that they are not discounting the car at this time--those are their terms.

I would like to know if there is any point to buying a 2007 at more than MSRP when the 2008 will be out soon. Also, I have bought many cars in the past from salesmen, but have never met car sales people like the so-called internet divisions who demand a hefty profit over MSRP across the board. Do you think that maybe the idea that the internet people are easier to deal with is a fallacy?

Any suggestions on rounding up a deal on either a 2007 or a 2008 Prius?

Thank you.

Echoparkgirl :shades:
  • echoparkgirlechoparkgirl Member Posts: 8
    Did you pick up the car in the BAy Area? There are quite a few of them in California. Is the Mercury New in San Jose?

Here are some of the quotes I received yesterday from various dealers within 2-3 hours of Johnson City, Tennessee. :shades:

A dealer from Chattenooga, Tennessee:

In about 5 days, I will have an unsold white 2007 Package #2 with carpet and cargo mats for $24,608. Everything else is pre-sold.

Easely, SC dealer:

Thank you for considering us for your purchase of a Toyota Prius. We pride ourselves in being the only Toyota dealer in the upstate of South Carolina to earn the Prestigious President’s Award last year. We have made that achievement 16 of the last 17 years. You’ll always get a fair price, a friendly staff, and great service after the sale at Toyota / Scion of Easley.

Here is your price quote on the vehicle you have requested:

Year: 2007
    Model: Prius
    Body Style: 4 Door Hybrid Sedan, CVT
    Included Options / Accessories: Package #1 Includes: Backup Monitor, Smart Key System, MP3/WMA Playback Capability, And Auxiliary Audio Input Miniplug

Your e*Price: $23,272.50

E*Price Includes a Processing Fee of $299.50

The price increased when I asked for package 5 to the following:

$26,800

Thanks in advance

This is from a dealer in Cincinnatti:

Thanks for the email!
    I would have to order The Prius you'd want(package #5).Retail is $26,379 and we are not discounting the Prius at this time.I'm not sure if
    you're familiar with Kings Toyota but we are the largest dealer in the Cincinnati region(Ohio,Kentucky,Michigan and Tennessse) so we can
    get this Prius sooner than a smaller dealership.We sell a high volume of Prius'.
    Thanks,I'll attach an invoice of a Prius with the package you'd like.

18186 VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT DATE: 08/09/07
    DCV920 TIME: 07:3 :confuse: 2
    Model Number: 1224C SERIAL # :73290214 Check Code: 5

Model Description: 4-DR GAS/ELEC Category ..........: F
    Year ............: 2007 Current Dealer ....: 220-34085
    Interior Color ..: FE11 FE11 Wholesale Dealer ..: 34085
    Exterior Color ..: 0040 WHITE Previous Dealer ...: 00220
    Body ............: HYBRID GAS/ELEC SEDN Invoice Date ......:
    Number of Cyl ...: 4 Ship Date .........: 08/03/07
    Allocation Number: 073 Retail Date .......:
    Engine Number ...: 4681070 Date of First Use .:
    Vessel Number ...: 056 TRAC ..............: NO
    Vessel Name .....: HEIJIN V059 Damage ...........: NO DAMAGE
    PDI ...............: NO
    Fleet .............: NON-FLEET
    Port PDS Complete .: NO

VIN .............: JTDKB20U573290214
    Ignition Key.....: 68200

Factory Installed Accessories: FE NL
    Port Installed Accessories ..: CF EF

Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ...................: $ 22175.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 3544.00

MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
    Hybrid Synergy Drive System
    1.5L 4Cyl DOHC 16 Valve w/VVT-i Engine
    Elctrnic Cntinusly Variable Trans (ECVT)
    Electronic Power Steering System
    MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
    Torsion Beam Rear Suspension
    15" Alloy Wheels w/P185/65R15 Tires
    Front Disc and Rear Drum Brakes
    SAFETY
    Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Front Airbag (SRS)
    Dr & Fr Pass Side & Curtain Airbags
    Traction Control (TRAC)
    ABS w/Elec Brake Force Dist & Brk Assist
    3 Point Seatbelts w/ALR/ELR Pass Belts
    Side-Impact Door Beams
    Rr-Seat Child Restraint Sys (CRS) Lower
    Anchors and Top Tether Brackets (LATCH)
    Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    EXTERIOR
    Multi-Reflectr Halogn Auto-Off Headlamps
    Dual Clr-Keyd Pwr Heated Outside Mirrors
    Chrome-Type Finish on Front Grille
    Rear Spoiler
    COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
    Auto Climate Control w/Air Filtration
    AM/FM CD with 6 Speakers
    Push Button Start
    Remote Keyless Entry, Engine Immobilizer
    Cruise Control
    Liquid-Crystal Multi-Info Display Panel
    w/Energy Monitor, Fuel Consumption,
    Climate Control, O/S Temp & Audio Status
    Tilt Steer Wheel w/Climate & Audio Cntrl
    60/40 Split Fold-Flat Rear Seat
    Variable Frnt & Intermittent Rr Wipers
    Heavy-Duty Rr Window Defogger w/Timer
    Pwr Door Locks & Wndws w/Dr Auto Up/Down
    Cntr Console & Dual-Compartmnt Glove Box
    2 Auxiliary 12V Power Outlets
    Cargo Tonneau Cover & Undr-Floor Storage
    Overhead Console with Map Lights
    Fabric Cloth Seats
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model .........................:$ 22175.00 $ 22175.00
    50 State Emissions ........................
    Package #5 Includes: Voice-Activated DVD ... 3280.00
    GPS Navigation System; JBL AM/FM 6-Disc CD .
    Changer with 9 Speakers, Aux Audio Input ...
    Miniplug, MP3/WMA Playback Capability, ....
    Satellite Radio Capability, and Hands-Free .
    Phone Capability via Bluetooth; Vehicle ....
    Stability Control; Backup Camera; Smart ....
    Key System; Anti-Theft System; ............
    Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with .........
    HomeLink; High Intensity Discharge (HID) ..
    Headlamps; Integrated Fog Lamps ............
    Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat .............. 199.00
    Rear Bumper Applique ...................... 65.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ..........................: $ 3544.00 $ 3544.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 660.00
    TDA ........................................:
    Gasoline ...................................:
    Dealer Holdback ............................:
    Whsl. Financial Reserve ....................:
    ---------
    Total ......................................: $ 26379.00

Residual Value ...: 24 36 48 60
    ------- ------- ------- -------
    STD 14,527 12,753 10,335 7,453
    LOW 13,196 10,779 7,896

I have talked to people on the phone as well. The prices have been uniformly high,

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am usually very good at buying cars on the lot--the internet divisions are not dealing!

Echoparkgirl
This discussion has been closed.