Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Computer Problems

Comments

• mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    I have no idea where it is on the 90. On the 2001, look for an access panel in the footwell of the passenger side of the cab.

usually its up against right side, its basically a rubber button/plunger you push down to reset.

<ark
  • My 2001 F-150 has a dead miss, took it to the dealer, changed PCM. Truck still has a dead miss, right around 45 to 55 mph or on an incline. Took the truck back to the dealer, could not (find)the problem? The miss is not constant, only every once in awhile it will chug. Any idea what this is? Taking it back to the dealer in the morning. :mad:
  • checked the inertial fuel cutoff but i had to push it up then push it back down is it suppose to stay pushed down. thanks for the help
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    it is only suppose to pop up when you have enough of a shock to trip it. like an accident.

Mark.
  • thank you for your help i am going to replace fuel pump in the morning hope that fixes the problem. It is a nice looking truck and hate to have to get rid of it just hope that fixes the problem changing fuel pump
  • About 4 months ago our 2002 Ford F350 Diesel began having problems with the door remote not working sometimes, then one day I had hooked up my horse trailer and pulled it forward, turned off the engine and about 5 minutes after I got out of the truck the doors locked themselves - the keys were inside. We continued to have the remote problem and the doors occasionally locked themselves (I always take my keys out of the truck now after being locked out 2 times). Then, about 2 months ago, we noticed that the radio began flashing the bass, tremble features as if we had pushed the menu button to adjust but we had not touched the stereo and it was on - this happens on and off while driving but it does not affect the radio, the lights just keep flashing on the front of the stereo. This weekend while driving the truck, it was raining, I made a couple of stops and found that the windshield wipers would not turn off even if the truck was turned off. I had to disconnect the battery to stop the wipers? Is anyone familiar with what the problem could be?image I don't want to pay Ford to trouble shoot if I don't have to. Thanks
  • I have been having similar problems with my truck but they started in September, it just started raining here last week. My door remote only works occasionally and worse yet, the doors sometimes lock themselves about 5 minutes after parking and exiting the vehicle. My stereo works but the bass, , balance adjustment lights flash randomly for no reason and last Friday my wipers would not turn off even after I turned off the key, I had to disconnect the battery to get them to stop. HELP!
  • I have the same problem with the same truck. I have changed the WCM and the turn signal switch ($250.00 +) still no luck.
  • Try replacing the cam sensor located by the water pump.
  • Hi.

Can anyone tell me if the computer for a 89 F250 and a 90 F250 are different in any way?

Thank you.
  • Hi! We have a 98 F350 that was a tow vehicle and has been converted back to a work truck. Now when your driving down the road at any speed and you turn the wipers on the check engine light will come on and the engine will die and cut back on again or if you pull over when it dies the engine will usually start right back up. We tested the wiper motor and when the motor would come on other electrical components will loose ground and the truck will try to die so we replaced wiper motor... no progress. Could this have anything to do with the cam sensor? :confuse: Some rewiring was done but not found any problems with it yet. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
  • mrbbmrbb Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel that does the same thing as previous post by katthomas. I can let the truck idle in the driveway with the wipers set on intermittent for about a 9-10 second delay and after 7 minutes, the motor cuts out. The wipers keep going and the electrical inside the cab (radio, lights, etc) keep functioning. I have replaced the Cam Position Sensor and problem is still persistent. The truck can be restarted after a few seconds.
  • badloserbadloser Posts: 2
    I dont think you can I have never heard of it. I would recomend a SCT livewire to check out the codes
  • emtdawnemtdawn Posts: 26
    You can get a book at Advanced Auto Parts or Napa. Actually, just about any auto parts store will have them and they do tell you exactly how to access the codes and exactly what they mean. I think they run around $25.00 Good luck.
  • Greetings, I have a 2001 F350, 7.3 no modifications. Intermittently, the check engine light comes on and the throttle becomes unresponsive. The engine stays at idle. If the truck is rolling at 10 mph or higher I can turn on the cruise control and speed up using the accel button on the steering wheel. i.e. the accel button makes the engine rpm's increase but the throttle won't. Also when this happens the transmission shifts into 3rd WAY early and with a hard thump then immediately jumps back into 2nd. (I hope I got the gear numbers right. Maybe it is shifting into OD?) I've replaced the fuel filter and oil filter. Maybe coincidence??? but this seems to have started with the new low sulfur diesel. Maybe coincidence??? The problem also seems more prevalant when it is very hot and humid outside. I live in Alabama. It happens when the engine is cold coming out of the driveway and when it is at temp running down the road. All engine gauges look normal and other electronics on the truck work fine.
    Please help. I'm loosing my mind!

Thanks in advance!
    John
  • 02f35002f350 Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 F350 7.3 Diesel that does the very same thing. It cuts out when the wipers come on or when driving down the highway it misses very bad. I have replaced the cam shaft sensor and the wiper motor with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • John

I have the same problem with a 99 F350 Diesel and have yet to find the fix. Did you have any luck?

Ed Boyle
  • Before replacing the fuel pump, replace the gas filter. Located on the frame on the driver's side, kinda located under the driver's door area. Filter cost around $10.00, it takes a special tool that costs less than ten dollars for the press on connections. They are spring loaded connections. We had the same problem.. and it was the filter. Found out, what we should have known.. buying cheap gas at cheap stations is a big no, "NO". All your Mobile, Exxon, British Petroleum stations have refineries. All your places like Pilot, El Cheapo and discount gas stations buy from the lowest bidder. They are getting dirty gas, probably sold by the refineries when they get down to the bottom and have to clean out their tanks..so they sell this crap to the guys who deliver to these cheap gas stations. We checked our filter..it was filthy, shook ours out in a cup size glass and got a quarter inch of dirt out of it. My husband was ticked. And, if you keep buying this crappy gas, it's only going to end up costing another bill getting your injectors clean. We thought about it and we had a friend who used to "always" buy from the cheap o places.. he got stuck out on the lake and looked in his tank and all he saw was dirt!! Take care, and Happy motoring... we love our F-150, but it wants to be fed better gas! Our last F150 had 298,000 miles on it and we sold it, buyer is still running it a year later and loves it! Home maintenance!!
  • honhon Posts: 34
    Take it back to the first mechanic. DUH.