Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Best Vehicles for Shorter Drivers

124»

Comments

• mikezoomzoommikezoomzoom Member Posts: 69
    If you currently own a Miata... how bout' checking out the all new 2006 Mazda MX-5. Total enhancement all around compared to the outgoing Miata. Equipped with more safety equipment as well.

You could buy a brand new, fully loaded, MX-5 Grand Touring for under $30K.

With the money you'll save... you can always ask a dealer to refer you to an outside, bonded, company that might be able to raise the seat.

ZOOM ZOOM
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    .......and have a passion for driving performance sport cars, but having difficulty finding a car that is comfortable for my size.....30k

....well, for a lot less than 30k:

A. 0-60 under 6
    B. 1/4 mile 14.5
    C. Freeway MPG circa 35
    D. Skidpad: .81

..course you'd have to accept flawless reliability, a back (somewhat small on legroom)seat and big trunk........

..sound interesting? You owe it to yourself to test drive one of these.

(The electric seat has many, many adjustments: it would fit you like a glove).

best, ez..
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    OK, you got me. Which car are you referring to? :surprise: :confuse:
  • smalltownsmalltown Member Posts: 75
    I am 5'4". Current car is a Kia Spectra5. I can raise the seat enough to look over the hood. I had a 2001 Hyundai Accent which my son is driving now. That fits me like a glove. Anything I've tried from Toyota puts me too low. Nissans are good for me, Hondas, so-so. Forget about mid-size or full-size. The seats are too big. I wish the driver's seat can be moved from car to car.
  • lorin5lorin5 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you MZZ, I will take a look at the MX-5.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    out the Fusion, my wife is 5'3 and she loves to drive it and says she feels very comfortable in the car...
  • afwejiafweji Member Posts: 8
    The 2006 Mazda3 s-trim has manual height adjustment on the drivers seat. I'm 5'3" (don't know if that's tall) and can see out the window and be able to drive the Mazda3 comfortably. Plus depending on which s-trim and options you get, it's way under the $25,000 area. Hope this helps your friend!
  • benzrigbenzrig Member Posts: 7
    My sister is 5'0" and the three most important things to look for are Telescopic Steering Wheel (Up/Down & In/Out), Power Adjustable Pedals, and a sensor that either measures the weight of the occupant or the distance relationship between the seat and the steering wheel. My sister enjoyed her BMW 325i, but said the Mercedes C320 (which has weight sensors) was a better fit so she traded a 3 for a C. If you need a big sedan the Jaguar XJ’s are great. The layout is very short stature friendly and has a nifty sensor that disengages the airbags if her seat is too close to the wheel. It also has telescopic steering wheel and adjustable pedals, which all tie in to her memory setting. Voice Activated Commands are also helpful if you drive a big car that way you don’t have to worry about that button way over there. Just push the button on the steering wheel and tell the car what you want.
This discussion has been closed.