Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 350

Comments

• edmundohedmundoh Member Posts: 35
    Wwest... remember you from ClubLexus and your encyclopedic knowledge of RXs.

I have an RX300 AWD 2001... looking at RX 350,Tribeca, RDX, CR-V as replacements...

What is the RX300 AWD setup? Is RX 300 FWD fulltime, with torque moving to rear as needed?(Subaru is 55/45 r/f split, obviously variable, CR-V is fulltime FWD, with power to rear "as needed"). Has that changed with current RX?

Thanks

ed
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Your's and my 2001 AWD RX300, are equipped with a simple open center diff'l but with a VC, Viscous Clutch/Coupling, mounted acrss the center diff'l. The strange thing is that if you have VSC/trac as I do then I think some of the aspects later touted for these features are actually included in the 2001 model. The result of that is that with front wheelspin/slip (90/10 F/R torque distribution) modulated braking is quickly applied as is engine dethrottling.

Absent an extended period of wheelspin/slip the VC will never come into play.

As of the RX330, apparently as a result of the above VSC/Trac functionality, the VC was dropped for the entire RX330 product run only to be re-introduced with the RX350 series.

My RX300 has 1.5" inch wheel spacers all around so as to allow the use of wider wheels, 17X8, more tire tread, and best of all, tire chains on the rear only, first, and then added to the front if/when.

If you have been watching the weather news here abouts you will know that I'm about to go out and install all four chains before leaving the nice warm garage.

If I were currently in the market (which I am, sort of) the BMW X3 with manual transmission would be first on my list, with the Acura RDX second. The downside of the BMW is that you cannot purchase the factory shop/repair manuals, and for the RDX the owners manual indicates that tire chains should only be used on the front. I have had numerous conversations with Acura about this tire chain issue and it may well develop that the front only tire chains bit is simply a typo.

I have been thinking about purchasing something that could be towed 4-down behind our MH and right now the new Suzuki SX4 is at the top of that list, provided they actually produce the stick shift model.

Last night we got caught out in this snowstorm and the old reliable AWD Ford Aerostar came to our rescue yet again, even with no chains installed.

The RX350 keeps haunting me, in the back of my mind, and I suppose that if I wanted or needed to replace the 2001 AWD RX300 I would seriously consider the RX350 provided I could get one with the air suspension. If I should go that route the RX350 would immediately get wheel spacers, and would likely go directly to an aftermarket shop to convert it to 10/90 F/R torque distribution.
  • rpacrpac Member Posts: 83
    Further to my noise issue on the RX350 a/c. I notice that while parked I also seem to be getting a noise from the power steering as well when I turn the wheel while standing still. However, the biggest discovery I have made is after driving maybe 10 miles on the freeway,temp about 55 degrees F. After leaving the freeway all noises seem to disappear, and engine idles extremely quietly! So something is happening that I am not familiar with re ambient temperature. Hope this has nothing to do with engine??? What could be happening? And thank you all so much for your answers. I appreciate your time very much.I would like to add also that at this point I am ready to pay the dealer to replace a/c compressor and/or power steering pump or whatever. Sounds silly I know, but I worry for a living. Incidentally this car only has 700 miles on it. Maybe I am not giving it enough time to 'break in' so to speak. I just don't know. :confuse:
  • dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    The test drove the RX350 today. I liked the ride and smoothness. However, the arm rest bothered me quite a bit. You can not adjust the angle of the arm rest. I like to drive with my seat reclined quite a bit. Consequently, the arm rest is not horizontal to the ground anymore. It now points slighly upwards .. I would say at an angle of 15 degrees from the ground. So turning the steering wheel was a problem as my right elbow would keep hitting the arm rest. Finally I pulled the arm rest back up and test drove like that. I am surprised they didnt design the arm rest like mini-vans where it clicks and locks at whatever position you want to keep it. So much for a luxury SUV.
  • cwaynecwayne Member Posts: 81
    When will the Lexus 350 change body styles?
    I took a short test drive in the RX 350 AWD with NAV on Saturday, and I have to say I was impressed. (I drove the Subaru Tribeca a couple of times and was leaning toward it, but then... ) 350 Seemed to drive much more solidly than the RX300, suspension seemed tighter with less "wallow", and it was plenty peppy. Ergonomics and driving position were as good as the RX300, with the power tilt and telescope wheel a nice touch. (Tribeca's driving position, sweeping dash and tall "center stack" felt more minivan-ish).

Think I'm on the road to leasing if I can get a decent deal and a decent trade on the RX.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    The RX300 was originally introduced around March, 1998 if I remember correctly; and has morphed into the similar RX330, RX350 and RX400h versions. I don't have any information on this, but seems like it should be about due for re-design!

Pete :)
    I am told by those who know that the next major body style change will be done in the 2010 models.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I thought I read on Edmunds Inside Line that the completely redesigned 2008 Lexus RX would debut near the end of 2007, which would sound about right. A new generation of a particular model usually goes in a four to five-year cycle.

I found the article when I typed in 2008
    Lexus RX350 on the search line.
    This may have been brought up several months
    ago, but I wasn't sure. I like to keep the
    console/cupholder for the rear seats in the
    down position, as I think it looks really
    classy with the wood panel that covers the
    cupholders. But I've noticed since I have done
    this that I hear some squeaking or rubbing
    noises, which appears to be the leather possibly rubbing against the seams or something.

I was wondering if anyone knew what I might
    need to get rid of the annoying noise, aside
    from putting the rear console back up into
    the rear seat!
    I stand corrected, rpac. I just happened to
    come across an Edmunds Inside Line link in Post #168 in regard to the 2009 Lexus RX350. It appears the 2009 will debut the later part of 2008.
    Hi - Happy to help if I can. Most Lexus dealers carry a leather cleaner called LEXOL, also they carry a leather conditioner called LEXOL LEATHER CONDITIONER. I suggest you try the conditioner, as it seems to me from your post that you take very good care of your car. So I would avoid the cleaner unless you thought it absolutely necessary. The conditioner should eliminate the ‘noises’ that you speak of. Let me know if it works out!
    Good Luck
    I am about as frustrated as one can be. I just recently (2 weeks ago) purchased an RX350 loaded. I love the car except for one thing. During certain conditions when the car is standing still and idling I get some kind of moaning/groaning sound from what I believe to be the a/c compressor. If I switch the auto a/c off the noise disappears. I have received some very valuable information on this matter from Wwest and others on the forum. But nothing seems to work to get rid of the noise. (Please see my posts 198 and 209 for a more complete description of my problem.
    Now comes the interesting part. I live in the Los Angeles area and I am offering a very substantial reward to anyone that can solve this problem for me. You don’t have to do the work. I will have the dealer do that. You just have to come up with a perfect solution to this problem. As Edmunds does not allow me to post my email address, I guess that too presents a problem. But I am sure we can work it out someway. Please help. I am too old for this kind of stuff.
    (You will have to ride with me in the car in order to properly hear the noises I am talking about, hence live in L.A.).
    Thanks much,
    (rpac)
    Ron
    As an after thought note. I have actually 3 friends that drive 07 RX’s and their cars idle extremely quietly with no problem whatsoever. So I know their must be a fix somewhere. I have discussed this with the dealer and he says he will talk with factory rep. Yeh right!!!

:sick:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you mark your email public people will be able to reach you by clicking on your member name. If you post your email in a message ... well, you're more likely to get spammed since the search engines spider the messages (but not the profiles), and spambots search the search engines. Click on Forums Profile to change your email settings.

Another alternative is to use your CarSpace email account.

Or post away and enjoy some fresh tasty spam. :shades:
    Regarding my post 219 on the Lexus RX350. You may reach me directly at email: Rondy172@aol.com.
    And to Steve, I thank you very much for your informative information, but for me it is desparation time.
    Thanks much,
    Ron (rpac)
    I have been surfing this forum and I see comments as to the NON availabilty of the RX350 with Performance Package. Kinda seems strange to me, as out here on the west coast you can not find an RX350 without a performance package, they all have the package. Wonder why this is. :confuse:
    I own a 2007 RX350 and of course I want to keep the car in luxury condition to kind of 'show it off'. One of the problems I ran into was what to do about floor mats. The clear plastic kind that you see around town smell like crazy. A friend told me about a place in Texas that makes custom clear non-smelling durable mats to fit the car. I called them and had them FEDEX a complete set to me. Front, back, and rear cargo area, all for about $250. Steep price I guess but you can see thru the mats and let the beautiful Lexus mats show thru. And best of all they fit perfectly. Then a few weeks later come to find out that my dealer started to represent this company in Texas. Anyone interested I say check with your dealer. Just make sure the mats are made by a company in Texas. I am really pleased with them. :)
    So these clear plastic mats do exist then?
    I happened to run across an advertisement for
    clear mats in a Motor Trend magazine, but the
    magazine was several years old and I wasn't able to find the ad in any of the current
    car magazines. I may try to look for that ad
    again and try the number and see if it might
    still be a good number. I would love to find
    some clear mats also, as I know how beat up
    the regular mats can get over a four-year period.

By the way, rpac, I saw your note about the
    groaning noise while your ac/compressor is
    running. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing
    this. I'm absolutely baffled as to what it
    may be. I have not experienced this either
    in my '07 RX. I wonder if this has only occurred in the '07's and not the '04-'06 RX's?

Let us know when it gets resolved so we may
    know the cause. Thanks!
  • glarry1glarry1 Member Posts: 13
    The Performance Package is only made in Japan.
    Japan supplies the West Coast market.
    Canada supplies most of the rest of the U.S.
    Here in Denver they tell me I have to wait 60 days to get an RX w the Performance Package.
    I'm about to lease an RX350 and I'm completely confused about the XM and Sirius options. I've heard conflicting things: 1) that neither XM nor Sirius is fully integrated into unit and so there is a separate tuner module mounted on center stack for either 2) XM can be dealer installed to be integrated into radio with no additional "outside" hardware and 3) BOTH XM and Sirius can be dealer installed to be integrated with radio. Which one of these is right???

Help! :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
    So glad you asked and happy to help. First of all I have had 1 RX330 and 2 RX350’s, all with the satellite radio installed. Here’s the deal. I get the XM Satellite written into the deal. Don’t let them make an extra charge on you.
    Ok done. Now beginning in the 07 Lexus they installed a dedicated plug in the back of the present radio tuner. AND they of course also supply the XM Radio. So in essence it just plugs into the back of your present radio. No hot wiring at all. Easy huh? NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo. Once I get it installed I get fussy. I am kinda an older guy and I am fussy. So what they have done for me is run the tuner all the way back to the inside top of the trunk. (Believe me there is a small place that is just perfect for the tuner). (Wish I could explain better). So they have to hide the wires behind the carpet etc etc etc. The XM then runs out of your regular radio. I think in the 350 the radio actually has a button marked ‘SAT’. It is wonderful, the best. You will see a written readout of songs being played etc on your radio face plate. By the way, it takes a good Technician approximately 4 ½ hours to completely install the tuner, antenna etc and activate the radio. And yes it is true they do have to put on an outside aerial. The aerial is about 1 inch square and is hardly noticeable. They put it on the top of the car right next to the built in aerial that you already have sticking out of the roof. No drilling into your body is necessary. It is held in place with a very special glue supplied with the radio. Can hardly tell it is there. Now for the bad news. Word out here on the west coast is that Sirius is not doing all that well, and dealers are hyping the XM so you might want to think about that too. Happy to help at any time. Good luck. LOL And please don’t ask me why I owned 3 RX’s. It’s a long story and to the victor belong the spoils, or something like that. OH, and by the way, if the dealer installs the XM you are supposed to get a 3 months free subscription. Good luck to you!
    By the way, your paragraph numbered 3 is correct as it can be fully integrated into the regular car radio. :)
    I would like to take this opportunity to try and answer your questions on this matter. I spent some 9 hours at the dealer today and drove some 6 350's. The cars made in Canada in 10/06 exhibited the same problem I am having with my car. So it tells me Canada did something wrong perhaps. Who knows? So I walk around ask questions and stick my nose where it doesnt belong, and I have not come up with an official answer. But if a total of 4 350's (including mine) exhibit the same problem then something is wrong in 'Dodge City' as John Wayne used to say. So take it for what it is worth, but I think in October of 06 troubles started in Canada but dont know why.
    So, to make a long story short the dealer very nicely bought my car back today and tomorrow I take delivery of a brand new 350 made in Japan in October 2006. No money out of pocket. I drove it all around and no problem seems to exist.So take it for what it is worth because all my information is unofficial, but.............???????? :confuse:
    Just a quick post asking all to disregard my post #219. Today the dealer bought the car back and I take delivery of a new 350 tomorrow with nothing out of pocket.
    Good news Ron - hope this works out well!
    This is X-treMely helpful :)

I have a corp connection at Sirius, so may pick that because I'll get the service either free or at an extreme discount.

One more question.. what about cassette, and/or Ipod connectivity? I've been using the cassette adapter in my RX300 for my Ipod, which works great... the fm modulators suck. So when you have the dealer installed sat radio, is there still a cassette player, or an aux port of any kind for MP3 connection?

ed
  • sls1sls1 Member Posts: 45
    Do all 2007 RX350's include factory installed satellite radio?
    Glad to help! And yes you still have the cassette player and the 07 350's will also handle MP3's as well. Have fun and good luck! When all is said and done you will have capabilities for:
    AM, FM, Satellite, MP3, 6 cd changer and cassette. And the best part is you will never know you have all the stuff as it does not change the appearance of your radio stack at all.Good luck and have fun!
    Unfortunately no. And you better be good at bargaining because I have seen additional charges of $895 for the satellitte. So what you want to do is have the dealer work the price into the deal. It's negotiation time!!!
    Good luck!
    Thanks, rpac, but it's weird... I sat in an RX350 in the showroom yesterday, w/o NAV, that appeared to be equipped for sat radio (had an AM/SAT button) but appeared NOT to have a cassette capability, which is why I'm wondering if there are SAT versions that do not have cassette... will definitely check this out further, but your thoughts welcome. Any thoughts on ipod connectivity?
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    I don't know about the non-NAV versions, but the NAV cars have a cassette player.
    Interesting. the 350's that I have seen all have cassette with or without navi. I do like the 'button' feature that you speak of that enables you to switch back and forth without any difficulty. What you saw was probably like mine, only I have the navi too. I do not use an IPOD so I really don't know how you would use it on this unit. But from all I have seen, it should not be a problem. However, I have noticed one thing that in a way disturbs me. The cars they build for the midwest and east coast seem to be vastly different than what they build for the west coast. I was in South Carolina visiting a relative lately and I saw no Lexus cars at all,as a matter of fact no foreign cars. I guess for some reason they think people on the west coast like foreign cars, and they are right. Where I live an american car is really a rarity, so I suppose Lexus goes all out to satisfy the west coast crowd. I think if I lived back in the east and really wanted a Lexus I would have the dealer search the west coast,(which he is fully capable of doing), for what I wanted and then have it shipped. Probably cost about $500.Better than waiting for months for an ordered car. Thanks for the email, always glad to help out.
    Good luck.
    Just was finalizing my deal for an RX350... apparently, there is now NO cassette in non-NAV vehicles. Sat radio is add-on by dealer, but adds no ipod connectivity. How does everybody out there connect their ipods? Any ideas?

They want about $800 for the ipod connectivity on top of the 800 for sat radio!!! I just put the brakes on the deal.
    Wow You better move to L.A. They are taking you for one grand glorious ride. But on the other hand let's look at the facts. First of all it costs the dealer maybe 200+ for the SAT. The rest is in labor. I don't know anything about the IPOD but I am going to the dealer tomorrow and I will ask around. BUT BEWARE. Dealers know what's going on aftermarket. In some cases people are hot wiring things into the radio stack. Just as soon as anybody else besides the dealer installs it you will void the warranty when it comes to ANY electrical work. Sad to say. Get into a negotiation mode and see what you can do. That is a lot of profit for the dealer even if it is just labor.
    I got a hold of a catalog for people in other parts of the country and I cannot believe how in my opinion they 'cheapen' the car.
    Will try to get more info for you soon!
    Good Luck!
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Hi Edmundoh. Ok got some info for you. Now the dealer I do business with sells about 700 - 1000 cars a month. Very high volume but also very, very nice people. I asked them about the IPOD. They say that if a client wants one and install it too, they do it for free! But I dont know what kind of model they give you. Presently they are charging about $445 for the SAT complete and installed. Normally the music playing titles would show up on the navi screen. But as you dont want navi then I guess it would show up on your radio face plate. If you are thinking about adding a bunch of added equiment for music it is best that you get a car with the navi. Now they just dont go out and advertise this and that...it's like you ask for it and they say 'ok we'll throw it in the deal'. Our gift to you!
    Now I talked with one of the Techs that installs these options and he says he installs the SAT constantly. The IPOD he really doesnt remember, other than to say like maybe once a month or more. Not a popular option but if you do want it they give it to you. No problem.
    Hope this helps in your decision making process, and let me know how it goes.
    Good luck.
    I forgot one thing. For this dealer SAT is their thing! They do not deal in or install sirius type radios.
    Thanks... the Lexus dealers I talked to in the NYC area offer two choices for SAT radio, dealer installed Sirius or XM. Both were about the same price, 895 installed... it's a huge job by all accounts because wiring and antennas have to be done, unlike many cars that have the basic head units built in.

As far as ipod connectivity goes, there's no simple "aux" jack on the radio that can be installed, but a very expensive unit that allows you to control the ipod from the radio's controls.

So here's the deal I worked out: I told 'em I didn't want the Sirius radio because it was too expensive, so they came back and immediately upped my trade in by $300 and dropped the cap cost of the car by $200.. which is fine.

As for the ipod, I did some reading on CNET, and there's a highly recommended FM modulator unit that apparently beats all others in the test, a DLO transpod, for $70 bucks on sale at amazon. So I ordered that and it should be here a day or two after I get my RX, which will be on Saturday.

So thanks for all the good advice and info!
    YOU DID GOOD!!! I am so happy for you. You are going to love that car. You really got a deal and it sounds like everything worked out for you. I wish you all the luck and happiness in your new car.
    Take care and the best of luck!
    Ron
  • rrkmlrrkml Member Posts: 2
    Can you please email the number from where you purchased the mats to me at rrkml@yahoo.com. I would like to order them too. I also own a 2007 rx 350.

Thanks.
  • jwrichterjwrichter Member Posts: 1
    so where did you get them?
    Picked up new RX350 today, Flint Mica AWD w/black interior and Sirius radio... drove about 100 miles. Fast, smooth, seems a bit more stable and solid than my old RX300, wish it were just THAT more fun to drive, but it sure is comfortable.

Couple of minor nits: does standard stereo have a subwoofer?... stereo doesn't seem quite as crisp as the RX300. Can't seem to reset average MPG in mid trip.. holding down info button does nothing. Beyond that, everything is terrific!

Want to thank all of you on the forum who chimed in with great advice and helped me get a terrific deal... truly a December to Remember when you're armed with the right numbers!

ed
    Hello Steve I think I did it again. As host I really need your professional opinion on something. And by the way I have enjoyed immensly being a part of the forums. And the answers you give me are very worthwhile, let it be known. Now here’s the problem. I guess I started to talk about floor mats for the RX350. I have been doing business with the company in Texas for a number of years and I can certainly testify to their product. As a matter of fact my local Lexus dealer has just started selling them, at a mark up of course. However, since the time I posted it I have been getting direct emails and requests in the forums for info on how to reach them in Texas. Now Steve I don’t know if this is against protocol or not. I guess I could just post the full name and address, web site etc. I really don’t mind. And NO I don’t receive any kind of commission for referring people. But I think I read somewhere that it is not allowed to post such things in the forum. Could you please tell me, Steve, what would be the best way to handle this as it has really turned into a can of worms, but like I say, I don’t mind. I’m a real old guy that has been down the street and around the block and I like to help people where I can, but rules are rules. And by the way luckily enough I have not experienced any spam since I gave out my email address. Thanks Steve, you sound like one heck of a guy! So now that I complimented you, what in the world do I do now??? My mailbox is overflowing LOL :confuse:
    Hi Ed - So glad you finally got your car. Now let me say a word about the stereo. I dont know about the subwoofer. As a matter of fact this is my opinion. I think in the standard radio the stereo effect is poor. BUT, I have also owned one with the Mark Levinson sound system and I noticed no difference whatsoever between the two. That is unless you crank up the Levinson unit to full volume, which will burst an ear drum. Then maybe you will notice a difference.Lexus has to get real on this thing, that's all I can say. You also should have a reset button in the MPG screen that will change everything right away. I never used mine so I dont know what is what in that regard.Sorry I could'nt be of more help.
    Ed, drive your car in good health and happiness always.
    Ron
    Hey Rpac, first thing would be to go to your Forum Profile and mark your email address private. That'll help cut down on the emails some.

Next, post the company name, web address, 800 number or whatever else people need to contact them about the mats down in Texas.

btw, I found some cars they can bury you in - but I wouldn't be caught dead in some of them: :shades: :shades:

CarSpace
    Hi to all. I have received many requests both on line in the forums and also directly to my private email address regarding floor mats for the RX350. In order to make it easier for all concerned I will post here all of the information you need.
    ExactMats, Inc.
    1010 FM 1463
    Katy, Texas 77494
    Tel: 281-395-6004 or 888-395-6004 (use the toll free number)
    Fax: 281-395-6706
    This is what I paid:
    $70.00 for the front two mats and the two rear mats. You can also order one commplete solid mat for the entire rear seat floor area if you wish.
    $55.00 for the rear cargo/trunk area.
    $53.87 FEDEX shipping charges to Los Angeles (I wanted them like now)! But you can have them shipped in any manner you wish.
    If you call to order ask for Billie. He is wonderful to work with and you might ask him if he remembers a guy from Glendale, California that would send him emails after emails asking him about the mats and saying - 'what do you think Billie, huh? huh? huh?' Funny guy.
    The last time I ordered was in March, 2006, so I dont know if they raised their prices or not.
    I know you will be pleased with them because they fit the car perfectly and you can see thru them at the luxurious Lexus mats underneath, and very easy to keep clean and they wear very well. They will stay in place in your car, but just in case they include some clips you can use to help secure the mats. I have never had to use the clips in my RX. But best of all they don't have that terrible plastic smell that you find in auto supply stores! In my opinion it is well worth the money.
    Good luck to all and happy driving in your RX350!!! :)
    Hey Steve I'm not that old I don't think. Hmmmmmmm wonder if they make car mats for a hearse. Might have to look into that and be prepared. I don't want to ride in just any old hearse. LOLLLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! As you will note I posted the info on the car mats. Thanks so much for allowing me to post this info. And as always many thanks for your good advice.
    Ron (rpac) :D
    Hi, Edmundoh! Congratulations on your new RX!
    I also have the Flint Mica with black interior
    RX350, but with the XM satellite radio installed. I feel that the CD player on the
    standard sound system has the best quality of
    sound. The satellite radio, while the sound is
    decent, is not as crisp as the CD player.

I've noticed out of all of my favorite stations
    that I listen to on the satellite radio, that
    the contemporary jazz station seems to have
    the best sound quality(This would be the
    "Watercolors" station on XM).

I keep wishing that Lexus will someday change
    the packaging on the audio system, such as
    providing the upgraded system, such as the
    Mark Levinson system, without having to get the
    Nav. Oh, well. Maybe one day Lexus will
    start to really listen to its customers on some
    of our wants and needs!!!
    Hi, rpac. Thank you so much for posting the
    address and phone number for the company in
    Texas that sells the clear mats for the Lexus!
    I definitely will be giving them a call after
    the holidays. Finally, I'll be able to preserve my original car mats once I get these
    clear ones. I am definitely going to be one
    happy camper!!! Thanks again!
    I'm loving my new RX350 (without NAV), but do have Sirius radio installed (it's an Eclipse integrated unit, I believe). Disappointed that unlike RX300, there's no cassette because it makes my ipod connection problem greater... I know there's an Aux feature on my sat radio, but don't know how access it.

What are other folks doing about Ipod connectivity in non nav RXs? I DON'T need integrated controls, just want essentially an Aux in. Tried a highly recommended DLO Transpod FM converter, and was very disappointed... the damn FM radio in the RX is so good, there are few open frequencies!

Anxious to hear advice from the group... love my ipod but don't want to spend a ton get it connected.
    Hello again Ed - Thought I would share some info with you that you may find useful. But first I have an important question to ask of you. A little bit off topic but I know Edmunds wont mind??? I notice in your posting #246 you said you picked up a Flint Mica RX350. To make a verrrrrrrrrrrry long story short, and I mean short. My dealer wants to keep me happy so he offered me a brand new RX350 in the Flint Mica color with light gray/black combination interior.. Now I dont particularly care for black cars but he said the Flint Mica will not show the dirt as bad as black. (In looking at the car I do tend to agree with him on this). So my question is this. How did you come to pick this color for your car? By the way I also notice that my dealer is receiving an increasing number of black cars lately, especially the LS460. Many thanks for your opinions on this Ed.
    Now, I have to tell you something. I went out to dinner today with friends and coming back everybody in the car wanted to listen to 'this n that'. So I was desparetly trying to manuver the L.A. freeways and keep everybody happy with CD's, cassettes and the like. Fortunately on the 50 mile drive home the freeways were relatively clear out here. But I suddenly looked up from the radio stack that I was fooling around with, only to find that I had let my car wander all over the 5 lane freeway. Not good! So I repectfully offer this suggestion to you Ed. I know from your posts that you apparanetly like having the latest and best music in your new car. But, Please be careful in NYC, because it can really take your mind off driving. More so I think than if you were using a cell phone! Again, the very best of luck to you on your new car and drive it in good health and happiness!!!
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Ed - Just a few days ago I was wondering around some unfamiliar territory out in the suburbs of L.A. I stopped at a Lexus dealer and went to their parts department and asked them outright how much for a SAT radio installed? He said, hey buddy we can do it all for you - $1595.00. Can you believe it? I said hey, like you're marking it up like it was gold. He said to me take it or leave it but you wont find a better price anywhere. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.