Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 350

Comments

• moremoremoremoremoremore Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the info! One last question...do you usually say right up front that you think invoice is X...or do you let them say what price they'd give? I'm not too good at this :)
  • denali1denali1 Member Posts: 21
    I always e mail asking for their best price closest to invoice. I tell them I am contacting other dealers, and will buy from the one closest to invoice.
    The dealer will usually come back with a price that is slightly discounted from MSRP.
    At that point I offer an amount, which I tell them is over invoice by $XXX. I let them know that the offer is allowing them X% over invoice. I let them know that I am aware of their holdback, and that my offer over invoice added to the holdback will be a nice profit and an easy deal for them.
    Dealer will usually counteroffer, and will get closer to my offer, etc.
    On occasion they will do the math and say I am off a bit on invoice (it is usually the advertising fee). I tell them my sources all quote invoice as $XXXXX. Sometimes they will e mail me their invoice to prove the advertising fees are left out of the website invoice information.
    Thanks so much!
  • wheels2gowheels2go Member Posts: 5
    Wondering if I've got a good deal on the table...2007 RX 350 Prem Plus Package (no Nav or DVD) for $500 over invoice (think it's 90% of Total MSRP). Any feedback would be welcome...thank you.
    Sounds like a good deal to me. We paid about 95% of MSRP, which was 7% over invoice. Without knowing your other options beond the Premium Plus Pkg (such as 18 inch wheels, towing pkg, etc), it is hard to say what percent over invoice you would be at. I am guessing its less than 2 % over invoice, which is really good. Considering it is an 07, I think you are good!
  • ddasher8ddasher8 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I also just purchased a 2007 RX-350 for $500 over invoice. The MSRP was $42,373 of which I paid $38,153 + T&L. The car consists of:

- FWD
    - Premium Plus Package
    - 18" Aluminum Alloy wheels with all season tires
    - Multi-stage Heated front seats w/ rain-sensor wipers & headlamp washers
    - Cargo mat
    - Wheel locks
    - Bamboo Pearl exterior with ivory interior

It's for my wife and she loves it... :shades:
  • jonnyboy7jonnyboy7 Member Posts: 51
    I spoke to a dealer today who told me that the 2007s no longer can be purchased without the Premium Plus package. In other words, the "base" model is a fairly loaded model with sunroof, leather, heated seats, HID headlamps, etc. This seems inconsistent with the pricing information on Edmunds and other sites. I asked whether she was saying that their dealership was only ordering loaded models. She said no, there are no non-Premium Plus models anywhere in the U.S.

What's the truth?
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I just special-ordered an RX350. This is a FWD (2WD) model with Premium Plus Package, Breakwater Blue with Ivory interior. Negoiated this pricing:
    Invoice 33,099
    Prem. Plus Inv. 2,368
    Freight 695
    Advertising 485
    Profit 1,350
    Total $37,997 plus tax + title

MSRP is $42,890 thus I received a "discount" of $4,893. This will replace my superb 99 RX300 with 100K miles, delivery expected in 90 days or less. From an out-of-town dealer, local Lexus store let me "walk" same as in 1999!

Pete :D
  • suzqsuzq Member Posts: 2
    That's interesting. My local dealer is only selling Premium models (I sat in one this week, so I know they exist!), plus the fully loaded model with Nav/DVD/Performance version. I want a Premium Plus car and can't find one! My salesman refuted every bit of information that I had collected from Edmunds - said "that's the trouble with those web sites, they often have incorrect information." He even denied things that I told him were in the Lexus book. Does anyone know how to cut through to get the truth?
  • suzqsuzq Member Posts: 2
    What was your secret in negotiating this deal? I tried to buy a 2007 RX 350 Prem Package, and got the runaround, the old "I'll have to check with my boss" trick. I thought that sales technique died out 5-10 years ago. He would only offer me a $1,000 discout off the MSRP - said that would be the best he could do. When I pressed him, he volunteered another $600 discount if I bought 1 of 2 Bamboo color vehicles he had in stock that night. I turned him down. After 2 days, he called and left a message to see if I was ready to buy. I'm not sure what to do next.
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    Wait until the end of the month and make an offer. Let them know the offer in relation to the invoice price( I'll pay $xxx which is $700 over invoice) for example.
    When I bought my 99 RX300, I used CarsDirect.com and told them what I wanted and they brokered the whole deal. All I had to do was pickup the car and pay for it. They have since changed their business model and now just refer you to a local dealer with the usual car salesman BS. When it came time to buy the 07 RX350, the local dealer I was referred to by CarsDirect eMailed me back and the experience was much the same as yours. I then contacted the out-of-town Lexus dealer CarsDirect.com had used last time and offered them $1,000 over invoice, they countered with $1,700, I offered $1350 and they agreed as outlined in post #60 above. Note that advertising and freight charges are additional beyond the $1,350. So, I'll drive the seventy miles to pickup the new car same as I did before. BTW I have since changed my interior color to Light Gray Leather, wife thinks that will look better with Breakwater Blue Metallic and I agree. I'll post more here as the deal and delivery shake out, but I made a deposit the order has been acknowledged by the factory.

Pete :)
    I have to say that the deal somewhat fell in my lap...drove down to DE for a fruitless visit to a dealership there. After 2 wasted hours I drove home, spent some time researching on edmunds, and ended up emailing 2 dealerships for price quotes. Received an email within 20 minutes and a phone call within the hour from a salesperson at Ray Catena Lexus in NJ. The salesperson cut right to the chase, $500 over invoice, and even waived the delivery charge if I deposited that day...which I did end up doing...I've been happy so far with the experience. Car was delivered last Friday, papers signed, and the salesperson has followed up twice since. Let me know if you'd like to know more...
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    Exactly how much did you pay?
    It was a 2007 RX 350 Savannah/Ivory (no nav or DVD) w/18" wheels, heated seats, Prem Plus package, Tow option(no hitch), cargo mat and wheel locks. MSRP: 43,933 Invoice: 39,037. Bottom line: 39,537 + TTL
  • micktickmicktick Member Posts: 2
    Wheels, I'm about to buy one and you got the best bargain I've seen. Which dealership did you buy from, and did you tell them your offering price was $500 over invoice?
  • vatvatsethovatvatsetho Member Posts: 18
    It really depends on which location you are buying. I know in the Northwest part of the U.S., you cant buy a Lexus without the 'premium' package. Whenever you are pricing a Lexus, you always have to add the 'premium' package price, however in your case...'premium plus' package, I think it is the same deal. Because that package has, HID lights, and no Lexus comes without HID lights, they had to put that package in.
  • vatvatsethovatvatsetho Member Posts: 18
    I am really surprised that you got that kind of treatment at a Lexus dealership, thats the kind of treatment you get at a Ford dealership. Just go to another Lexus dealership, and get the treatment that Lexus has a reputation for!
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    I got the following quote. Is this good? My mother wants a ivory white. Is that the bamboo pearl or crystal white?

Thanks!
    RX350 FWD with
    Navigation System with Rear View Camera, Bluetooth, Voice Activation and Compass
    18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with 235/55R18 Tires and Full Size Spare Tire
    Two-Level Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers and Headlamp Washers
    Premium Plus Package includes leather trim interior, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory, roof rack with rails, illuminated entry system, one-touch open/close moonroof and HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps with AFS (Adaptive Front lighting System).
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks
    Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $45,023.00

CURRENT INTERNET SALES PRICE: $40,187.00

I also got another quote for 40128.

Is this a go or no go?
    Micktick, check out post #65 for the full story. It was Ray Catena Lexus in NJ. I think the key is the internet. The salesperson does 90% business online (high volume) and I think that's how Catena can offer such a good price. Plus, I had it delivered to my driveway free of charge; it was nice not having to drive 1.5 hrs to get it. Hope it goes well...keep us posted.
  • bobbassbobbass Member Posts: 34
    Anybody have an RX350 long enough to share some "real World" fuel mileage figures? I can't decide between the new ES and RX (former slightly too small interior and latter too heavy) and am wondering what you're getting in this "gas mileage is very important" age.

I can consistently get 24+ mpg out of my '04 Maxima without batting an eye in mixed driving. Low 30's if driven conservatively on highways.
  • cglnatcglnat Member Posts: 6
    I am shopping for an RX with the same package as yours in Arcadia/El Monte. The best price I have heard so far was 41K.

It will surely help if you can refer me to your dealer and sales contact?
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    The best deal was by Longo Lexus. I obtained it by just requesting online quote from several southern CA dealers. Just goto Lexus website and put in your zipcode. It will give you 5 or 6 dealers to which you can request quotes. Good luck!

Now my question is, was this a good deal or what?
    bobbass,
    My wife has driven her RX 350 about 4 weeks. She averages just under 17 mpg. But I should add that 95% of her miles are city driving. And at under 1000 miles, maybe she is still in a break in period.
    I drive a 2006 Toyota Avalon, which is not that far off from the size and engine of the new ES. I average around 20 mpg, which is 80 % city driving. My first out of town trip last week averaged about 27 on one leg, but improved to nearly 30 on the return trip.
    BTW, I sat in the ES while shopping for the RX, and agree it is slightly smaller inside.
    Hope this helps.
    I got 40.5K for the same package you listed with AWD at Glendale, he said for FWD it is 1K less. So your price as descrbed should be under 40K.Ask for Nick, great guy to work with.
  • confucius1127confucius1127 Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused about the whole "buying from another state and then getting it delivered" thing.

If you buy from another state...how does sales tax work? And do you go and pick it up from the place you ordered it? Or...do they get one of the big trucks to bring it to your nearby dealer or what?

Please help. Thanks in advance =]
  • dtezladtezla Member Posts: 88
    You pay the taxes for the state you are registering in - not the state that sells the car. There could be an additional charge for registration work since most out of state dealers won't have the ability to issue a license plate & will use a tag service, but it isn't much.
  • willythewestiewillythewestie Member Posts: 6
    I was offer on a RX350 with NAV system MSRP at $46,583 with invoice at $41,300 to put security down of $4725 would reduce my monthly payment down $60. Anyone have any feelings on putting money down with return with no interest after 3 years? I was never a fan of money down on a lease, but this offer seems interesting.
  • dtezladtezla Member Posts: 88
    Putting down an MSD (multiple security deposit) will allow you to save money because the lease company will lower the Money factor on the lease. The only thing to be careful of is if there is damage on the vehicle when it gets returned. It's very easy for the lease company to keep the money.
    I leased an All Wheel Drive with Premium Plus & NAV (see details) in Los Angeles with the following terms. Note the purchase price of 40.5K for the AWD Vehicle (if you add up the numbers it is 700 under dealer invoice and 6K under MSRP)

MSRP $46,583
    Sell price $40,562
    36 month lease term
    12K miles per year
    $1,000 due at lease signing
    Residual $27,484
    Money factor .002150
    monthly payment 571.00 (including sales tax at 8.25%)

Pricing details below (both invoice and sticker)
    Factory Installed Accessories: FT HH NV PT TO
    Port Installed Accessories ..: WL C1

MSRP Dealer
    AWD Vehicle Base Model: $38800.00 $33174.00
    Total Accessories .. : $ 7088.00 $ 5744.00
    Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..: $33174.00 $38800.00
    18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tir 495.00 396.00
    Multi-Stage Heated Front Seats with Rain-Sens 665.00 532.00
    Wipers and Headlamp Washers ................
    Generation 5 Navigation System with Bluetooth 2650.00 2225.00
    Voice-Activation/Compass and Rear Back-Up Cam
    Premium Plus Package Includes: ............. 2960.00 2368.00
    Leather Trim Interior, Power Tilt/Telescoping
    Steering Wheel with Memory, Roof Rack with Ra
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, High-Intensity
    Discharge Headlamps (HID) with Adaptive Front
    Lighting System (AFS), Iluminated Entry Syste
    Towing Prep Package Includes: .............. 160.00 128.00
    Transmission Cooler, Heavy Duty Alternator .
    and Radiator ...............................
    Wheel Locks ................................ 66.00 40.00
    Cargo Mat .................................. 92.00 55.00
    --------- --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 5744.00 $ 7088.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 695.00 $ 695.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 485.00
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 776.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 388.00
    --------- ---------
    Total
    Invoice MSRP.............................: $41262.00 $46583.00
    Thanks for the reply and all your info., But the deal now seems a bit lower because I was told this month's money factor is .0017 and I ask for 15k a year. But my residual is 57% where yours is 59%. At the numbers I was given, that works out to $556 a month. Whether they give that to me is another thing? Now with the (MSD), can I get it to $500 a month?
  • mookie18mookie18 Member Posts: 15
    Am still undecided whether to lease or purchase one, but if I do lease I will definitely take advantage of the MSD option.
    Based on your case, it's like earning 720(60 x12) a year on a deposit of 4725. That APR is better than any bank will offer.
  • thiru1thiru1 Member Posts: 1
    I got the highest package ( I think premieum plus) under $500 with msd in NJ.
    This is attainable, MSRP 46,583, prem. plus, Nav, ect. For $491 month with MSD of $4500. 36 months and 15k a yr along with inception of $1548. The other choice is $557 month and no MSD. You would need a return of about 17% on the $4500 to brake even. In N.J.
  • boopycarboopycar Member Posts: 3
    Long time reader, first time poster,

I was quoted selling price of $42,956 for AWD, Premium Plus w/Nav. The dealer told me the money factor is .0017 for now. With $3,000 out of pocket, comes to $548.83 (that includes PA taxes which amount to 9% of lease payment)

Good?
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    Two different dealers have told me that Lexus is not currently building any RX350s with the performance package. I believe that the same situation exists with respect to laser cruise control, too. One dealer did say that Lexus would accept a special order for a car with these options, to be delivered in 4-6 months from Japan. I find this situation to be quite annoying. They've been promoting these options in their advertising for years; it's not like they're something new. The same situation apparently applies to the 17 inch wheels, as well. Mark Levinson audio seems to be very scarce, also. This doesn't bother me, though. I have three vehicles now with Mark Levinson audio, and it doesn't seem very special to me, even though all the reviewers rave about it.
  • mookie18mookie18 Member Posts: 15
    I think the MF of .0017 is for the RX400. I got .00205 for the RX350.
    For residual, I was told 59% for 36 mos and 57% for 39 mos.
    I believe that since 2003, all Lexus RX330s and RX350s sold in North America are built by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) in Woodstock, Ontario. The RX400h is apparently made in Kyushu, Japan. See the attached hyperlink. I recently special ordered an RX350 with the Premium Plus Package and was quoted a lead time of 90 days or less. What you were told about the Performance Package may be accurate.
    Lexus Manufacturing

Pete :)
    I've heard various things about which RX's are built in Canada. My impression is that some RX350s are imported from Japan. Perhaps some insider can enlighten us on this subject.
  • achambersachambers Member Posts: 1
    I am also in the Los Angeles area and wanted to find out which dealer you got this deal from? The best quote I have so far is $300 above invoice. Thanks.
    The MF was changed for this month to .0017, for Encore customer's only. For people that have finance through Lexus before. The diffence is only .0001 for non Encore. i would have to check about the Residual. For 12k, its 59% If there is a choice, I think higher residual is better than lower MF.
    I would not put money down on a lease! Is that money down or security deposit? ASk about the MSD. That is security deposit is refundable without interest will lower your payment.
  • jdamatojdamato Member Posts: 4
    I am taking delivery tomorrow on the RX350 with premium plus package and NAV.

$1,500 out of pocket (no cap cost reduction)
    36 months/12K per year
    $560 per month including 8.25% sales tax.

Good deal or not?
    After driving an '04 LX470 for two years as my daily driver, I decided that it really had a lot of capability that I don't need. After a lot of research and thought, I decided that a luxury mid size 6 cylinder FWD SUV would do everything I need. Guess what...the RX350 is the only luxury mid size 6 cylinder FWD SUV on the market. I traded my LX470 for one this afternoon.
    JDAMATO...$1500 total coming out of your pocket?
    I just can't seem to get a good deal here in NY...
    I was quoted $568 for 42 mo/ $3300 total out of pocket and they would write me back a check for $1500 for the early termination of my jeep...which is stupid so it will be about $540 per month for 42/mo $330 out of pocket WITHOUT navigation. I just don't get it. And that is for tier 1 credit. :mad:
    When I say out of pocket I mean that includes taxes, etc....1200 mi

Is anyone here from Long Island? The salesman is nice...it's over the phone...Although in person I expect to negotiate and don't want to pay more than 90% of MSRP which is $43,900. That's how they are stocked. Can things be THAT much different here in NY? UGH! :sick:
  • jdamatojdamato Member Posts: 4
    I did not pay the taxes up front. I rolled them into the payment.
    just 1st month, bank fee, and motor vehicle fee up front.
    Thanks. This really makes me think I'm NOT getting a good deal! Oh well, I'll just get another jeep :P They are ugly but quite comfie...We'll see, I'm meeting him on Saturday...Thanks again
  • carscarscarscars Member Posts: 6
    Good Deal at Ray Catena
    Whees2go, how exactly did you send an email request to Ray Catena (and to which of their NJ locations). At the Lexus site it only directed me to 2 other dealers. Do you have the name of the salesperson - perhaps I can phone him/her. Thanks!
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Instead of entering your personal zip code use the zip code of the dealer you wish to contact to do your search.