Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Best Fictional Character Car Spokesperson

2»

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    OMG fintail they need to get a life. :D

Rocky
    Steve Was Marcy's first hubby. ;)

Rocky
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Spongebob is the first choice I could see for this car.

http://www.terrawind.com/spyder.htm

All I can say I would love to have it.

Odie
  • john_324john_324 Member Posts: 974
    Wow...now that's an odd vehicle. Seems to have Mustang underpinings (the door interiors give it away).

Reminds me that if I ever get totally, frivilously rich, I'm buying a hovercraft... :)
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    I was watching that stupid VW commercial about unpimping your car and thought that Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz would be good for that.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I was watching that stupid VW commercial about unpimping your car and thought that Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz would be good for that.

I don't think either one of them could pull off wearing the short white skirt.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    LOL!!

I like the commercials.. That guy played on Julia Louis-Dreyfus' last show... Can't remember what it was called.. He is hilarious..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Those could be funny with Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz. The Col. could umpimp the ride and then when the confused owners wonders what happened, Schultz could respond...

I know NOTHING! :P
    His name is Peter Stormare - He was in Fargo as well as about 60 other projects according to IMDB.

"V Dub in da house"
    ...I came across a VW GTI ad with a different but equally humorous theme. It was on one of the Spanish language channels, and featured an old WB Speedy Gonzales cartoon.

Speedy is stealing cheese from a factory or something. You see him walk behind a rock, and then just a blur moving into the factory and back again...he then emerges from behind a rock carrying an arm-load of cheese.

Then the cartoon stops and rewinds, and goes into slow-motion. After he goes behind the rock, the previous blur is shown to be Speedy driving a VW GTI into the building and out again, filled with cheese.

It's pretty clever.
    I read about the Speedy/GTI ad today. Running strictly on Hispanic channels in the US.
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,471
    (Gil Grissom on CSI) for any car being pitched to the 'thinking' buyer. Maybe Hyundai, with their message of more content for the money. Definitely not Corvette ZO6 however.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Or.. for him.. any car for the arrogant buyer... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

...that Ford hasn't tried to get Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer to pitch Expeditions or Explorers (the preferred vehicles of the Counter Terrorism Unit on "24"). They already have heavy product placement on the show. But only for the good guys...the terrorists all seem to drive foreign makes. ;)

"Whether you're hauling hyperactive kids to soccer practice or transporting an unstable nerve gas canister to a secured area, the Ford Expedition has the space and uncompromising ride you need!"

:shades:
    Escalade :shades:
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    Only if they have that pimp from "Baretta" with her.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    could have Chrysler rename ther 300 the Imperial and have Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan as The Green Hornet and Kato be the spokespersons.

Can't wait to see how the Green Hornet Movie looks and what car they will use as The Black Beauty (Chrysler Imperial).

Odie
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Member Posts: 3,062
    Bonnie and Clyde for PT Cruiser or HHR.
    Why ? Does the design look like a getaway car to you ? I'd think Bonnie and Clyde would want a like a blend in the crowd Camry ;)

Rocky
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Member Posts: 3,062
    Why ? Does the design look like a getaway car to you ? I'd think Bonnie and Clyde would want a like a blend in the crowd Camry

Camry would be better used in an all American drama movie about family picnic on Independence Day, apple pie, hot dogs, kids, babies, softball, etc.
This discussion has been closed.