Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wobbly_earswobbly_ears Member Posts: 160
    Dfwfrank, I could be wrong, but I read on these forums or other forums where the car would recognize the keys & set the seat & mirrors automatically, without pressing the number. So, when I put my key in, the seats & mirrors would move automatically. When my wife puts her key in, the seats & mirrors would be moved to her positon. We don't have to press the position buttons at all.

Also, if you look at page number 22 of the user manual, it states that "After the positions are memorised by the system, when the ignition key is turned to the 'ON' position, the memorized position is adjusted automatically" (emphasis mine)

I read this to interpret that each key would be recognized & memory positions set.

Could anyone confirm plz?
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    Nope... You have to program the adjustments for position 1 or 2.
    You are interpreting the manual wrong ... you got to push the button.
    If you notice their is no markings on the key showing whose key your using.
    How would you know who's key you have ???
    Hmm....I could have sworn that someone here or in the 'other' hyundai forum had their programmed that way. But then again, it is Saturday & my brain works on 'energy save' mode on weekends..... :blush:

I think it would have been cool if the car would recognize either the Key fob or the Key itself. I mean, I'm assuming that each key has a microchip inside. I set my key in, set my preference to position 1. The wife then puts her key in & sets her preferences to position 2. Then, whenever either I or she put our keys in, system recognizes whose key it is & sets position accordingly. Would have been wonderful, don't ya think?

Another thing with the manual. My manual, on page 23 talsk about 'Reverse Parking Aid'. The sideview mirrors are supposed to tilt down when reversing. Mine doesn't do that (I have the 07 Limited with Ultimate package). Does anyone's do that?
  • jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    In the US, the 07 and 06 Azeras do NOT have tilt down mirrors when in reverse. I had that on my old 02 XG, but not on the Azeras.
    I stopped by at a local Hyundai dealership on Saturday. I was there to get my first oil change on my 07 Azzy at 3300mi and dropped by the sales section. A salesman there told me that they had no 08s in stock & were expecting some any day now. However, he handed me a brochure for the 08s.

The brochure says that one can add a Bluetooth module to the 08s, albeit it was listed as a 'Late-availability'. Mind you, this Bluetooth module was listed as being available for even non-Nav packages.

I was just wondering if the audio system for non-Nav 08s was similar to the ones on 06s & 07s, could we retrofit 07s with this Bluetooth module when they become available? Any ideas?
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    I own an '08, and I've seen the Bluetooth module (as well as a single Azzy equipped with the navigation system). I didn't want one, since I already have a visor type clip unit that works very well, but here's one man's opinion: it looks to me like it is designed to fit (and replace) where the sun glass drop-down attaches to the center of the overhead in the middle over the rear-view mirror. I could be wrong, but if you've got the brochure take a look and see if you don't agree. The problem would be that there likely is no wiring to that point (maybe wrong) because you didn't have an '08. However, it also seems like it would be easy to cannibalise off the power to the rear view mirror and/or rain sensor up there. :confuse:

I did go ahead and order one so it will fit into the car better and hopefully work a little better. You don't need any other options to have the Bluetooth module installed as far as I know.
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    RE:924
    Most oem bluetooth installs mute radio system when active and provide audio thru the cars speakers.
    This would require more than just getting 12V to power the unit.
    A compatible audio system and harness would be necessary.
    I don't believe that the 07 audio system will support these functions, but I am not certain.
  • 4bearhug4bearhug Member Posts: 52
    I think that you may be correct in your interpretation of the memory function. My Acura TL recognizes driver 1 and driver 2 when the key is inserted in ignition so it stands to reason that the Azera would have the same capabilities.
    Now, if the bluetooth module loads up in the sun-visor area, then I'm really bummed.

However, I still hold some hope. The 06 Azzys didn't come with the Turn-signal indicators on the side-view mirrors & enhanced steering-mounted audio controls which the 07s came with.

However, one could retrofit the sideview mirrors & 07 audio controls to the 06s as the 06s already had the 'plumbings' wirings already built in!

So, I'm just hoping against hope that the wiring is already built into the visor area for 06s & 07s. I know chances of that may not be that high but still....

Lack of a bluetooth option & an AUX are my biggest gripes with Azeras yet. I was looking at Hyundai approved accessories for an 07 Accent & they had an Ipod connector which could be connected seamlessly to the factory system! I mean, a 10k eco-sedan can have that but not a 30k flagship?

And rattledge, congrats on the 08s! As far as I know, you seem to be the only one who got an 07.You ought to do a thorough review for us! BTW, does the 08s have an AUX input for MP3 Players?
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    Unfortunately, the '08 does not have an AUX input for MP3's. I have found that I can easily have 500-600 songs plugged into the 6 slots that are already there (well, assuming you don't get navigation which is shown as "late availability", but I have seen one - exactly one in the whole state, and I looked at every dealership in South Carolina plus Savannah GA & Charlotte NC).

The big change in my mind (my aunt has an '06) is the handling and new shocks that make it much more of a comfortable and clean over washboard roads ride.

Not being a 'whittler' on my car, I'm still quite certain that you could do such a thing (i.e. patch in an AUX input) pretty easily given that it could feed from the antenna like some of the older CD add-on products worked. :confuse:

If you don't like losing your sunglass holder and/or find you can't get Bluetooth to work in your '07 or '06 model, there are at least two after-market items I can think of that work very well: one from a company called GoldLantern and another that right this minute I don't remember (it was on the "gadgets" show right before Christmas on "The Today Show", I think?) both of which clip onto your visor and therefore put the speaker and microphone immediately in front of the driver and in my opinion are going to work better than a center-mounted OEM device anyway... I've seen them as low as $55 - though retail is about $80-$100 depending on which one you like) and the one I bought usually runs about 180 hours between recharges. Assuming I remember to close it (which is how it is turned on and off), I gets about a month of driving time before it has to be recharged). Talk time of course is "more expensive" and about two 1/2 hours will eat up the charge as well, but I just don't talk in the car that much. ;)
  • tldantldan Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

How much should i be paying for a new 2007 Hyundai Azera SE?
    I was quoted 22,700 which included TTL. but this is with 3k worth of rebate...
    I feel that with the 2008 already out, i should be able to get a better deal...
    Am i getting ripped off?
    Considering it is a 07 & an SE not a limited, I would think you could try to knock off another 1k. Did the dealer offer any special lower rate financing? If you had bought it in Dec, you could have had the 0% APR financing which would have made the deal sweeter.

Either way, I think it is a GREAT price for a SE! Almost as much as a Sonata but a much much better car.
  • donrwdonrw Member Posts: 46
    Hyundai prices Azera to compete with Crown and Audi A6

Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea's largest automaker released its Azera, a premium luxury sedan, in Beijing yesterday. The 3.3-liter V6 engine Azera costs from 280,800 yuan to 300,800 yuan.

Azera was launched in South Korea last May with sales up to 40,000.

Hyundai introduced Azera into Chinese market intending to set up Hyundai's image in China.

Hyundai said it plans to seize luxury Crown and Audi A6 market in China with competitive prices and hopes to sell 5,000 Azeras in China this year.

300,000 Yuan converts to about $42,000 US and this is with the small 3.3 engine
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    Re 931: Hyundai prices Azera to compete with Crown and Audi A6

Thanks for your post. Would we in the US know what the "Crown" is?
  • jack_spratjack_sprat Member Posts: 29
    Go see the movie Titanic - " I'm king of the world". There is also a toyota crown.
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    re 933: Go see the movie Titanic - " I'm king of the world". There is also a toyota crown

Hmmmmm...pondering any connection between Titanic and Toyota. Was there a question in your post?
  • cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    I, in 1968, purchased a Toyota Crown station wagon. I, in 1968, was probably the only person in the U.S. to purchase a Toyota Crown station wagon. It was quite a car. Straight 6, double overhead cams, two Asain(sp?) carbs and a 4sp all synchro tranny. Also front bucket seats! Visiting Hong Kong a couple years later I discovered that 98% of HK cabs were and still are Toyota Crowns.
  • shivelytshivelyt Member Posts: 46
    My local dealer here in Las Vegas has about 12 Azeras on his lot and most of them have been there for 6 months or more. Hyundai never promoted this car as they should have. Then, they corrupted the brand by bringing out the SE low price version which further confused the issue. That is not how you market a luxury brand of car. Maybe you have noticed that Hyundai sales for January, 08 were down 22% from January 07. The company has a lot of deep seated problems, starting with its executive office.
  • bld12345bld12345 Member Posts: 1
    Would like to know what a Limited with the ultimate package and navigation (2008) or a limited with ultimate (2007) are currently selling for.
  • rhduke00rhduke00 Member Posts: 129
    Sage green with black interior (NO XM satellite) and 6500 miles on the odometer. Because the car was a Hyundai corporate car and was never titled, it is considered a new car for warranty, road side assistance, and rebates. The MSRP on this car was 30,475 and the invoice 28,441. Here's the deal I got:

Price: 25,788.00
    Trade -11,500.00
    Doc Fee 150.00
    Sales Tax 938.48
    Mass Transit Fee 20.00
    License Fee 80.00
    Payoff on trade 10,512.00
    Factory Rebate -3000.00

Total OTD Price after trade and all taxes and fees 22,988.48

BTW my trade was an 06 GLS V6 Sonata with after market leather but no sunroof nor power seat. Wheels were 16 inch alloys (standard equipment on GLS in 06).
    I forgot to mention that the Sonata I traded in had 36,000 trouble free miles and was in excellent condition.
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    That sure doesn't say much for Sonata resale value, especially from a Hyundai dealer!
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Well, you have to know what he paid for the '06 when it was new before you can criticize the "resale value." He was paid "trade-in value" by the dealer who will likely retail the car for an asking price of $14K or more.

Additionally, according to Edmunds, there is a high milage deduction of $534 for an '06 with 36,000 miles.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    I agree as it seems Hyundai reduces the prices of their vehicles a lot more than others. Probably paid a lot less than anywhere close to MSRP for the Sonata.
    I paid 18000 OTD for the Sonata that I traded for the Azera.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Got a nice, 6 page flyer in the mail today offering $500 off a 2007 or 2008 Azera. Since I already own a 2007 Limited, think I'll pass on it.
    Apparently Hyundai is sending it out to all current Hyundai owners. :)
  • dwengier77dwengier77 Member Posts: 30
    Just picked up my 08 red Azera ltd w/ ultimate package , with mats, and stripping. OTD $27,900 no hassles no problems. I researched pricing online and called every Hyundai dealer in a 75 mile radius. I ended up using an online qoute from a dealer in Tampa, i live in South Miami. I found a dealer in Coconut Creek FL. about 50 miles away to beat the price by $100. I set up the whole thing over the phone with a salesman i did not meet until today. He had taken delivery of the car the day before i talked to him. I liked the price ,and it saved me a ton of gas and hassle then going to Tampa. I gave him $1,000 on my credit card over the phone to hold the car for me. After the credit card went through, he gave the vin# and odom reading right there. I set up financing through my personal bank, and sold my car privately this friday. I went to the dealer today, met my salesman. When i got there my car was detailed and ready to go. He handed me my keys told me to check it out while he got a dealer tag for me to test drivr the car. When i got back from the test drive all the paper work was ready to be signed. Very proffessional , no Hassle , No sales gimmecks or tricks. I signed the papers, handed him two checks, on from the bank and a personel check for the down payment. Got my paperwork and left. In all about a total of 1.5 hours in the dealership. LOVE my AZERA and have nothing bad to say About Coconut Creek Auto Mall. :shades:
    Congratulations! That is indeed a great price, and that too for a 2008!!! Enjoy your new drive! I bought a 2007 last Dec & it has been a just fantastic car!

I'm in Houston & it seems that Azzys are catching on as I see a number of them puttering about!

BTW, the one you bought, is it with the Navigation? What were the general price difference between Ultimate with & without Nav units?
    Thankyou. Wobbly_ears.
    No i chose not tot go with the Navi. . The price difference for me was $950. I really did not want the navi, as i already have one in my phone that i really like to use. I love the new red color with biege interior, For me it is sharp looking.

Here in Miami there is not a lot of Azeras driving around yet...But with a car this great it should catch on! ;)
    Sounds like you got a very good deal. Glad to hear that the azera is finally available in red. Is it a cherry red?
  • snaglepussnaglepus Member Posts: 160
    :)

There's a local dealer in Southern California who is advertising new 2008 Azeras
    with the Ultimate package for $24,995. The MSRP is listed as being $30,690. ;)

One car is Black Obsidian; The other being Dark Green Emerald Metallic.
    There are three others listed with one being Powder White Pearl.
    They have a total of five '08 Azeras in stock.

The dealer is Harbor Hyundai-Chevrolet located in Long Beach.

Sonatas are also low-priced at $17,995 with their MSRP being $23,430.

Worth checking out if you are in the market for either wouldn't you say?

HTHs

:D
    it was a good deal, but with the price and the service i was very happy. This is the third Hyundai i have had. I also had a 05 Elantra that i traded in for a 07 Entourage gls. This was by far the best experience i have had. Also the best deal!!!
    As for the the color it is a deep burgandy like red. On the invoice it is listed as RED. So i don't know the name of the exact color.
    I haven't seen a red Azera as of yet. But if Azzy's cousin Sonata is any indication, then Red is a sharp looking colour for Azera.

I do have one suggestion for you. Do yourself a favor & buy a set of Weatherguard floor mats. The stock floormats are nice but get dirty very easily. Also, the door speaker covers are cloth. So, while they look upscale, they get dirty very easily from your shoes hitting them while you exit. So, keep it clean & just make sure that you don't hit the door speaker with your foot & scuff it.

BTW, did you get the Easy Exit & Auto Door Locks programmed?
    As it is my wife is a little peeved at me for my obsesive nature when it comes to my cars. So she does not understand the need to buy weatherguard mats when i already have new good looking mats. So i will do what i have been doing for a couple of years now. I vacuum the car and mats every week, then i have a carpet shampooer for my house, that i use to shampoo the mats every other week or as needed. When the mats can no longer get clean i can convince her for the need of new mats. As to the easy exit , yes to the programing, and the auto locks engage when i put the car into drive, which is good for me.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    We live about a mile away from this store and my daughter was there recently to test drive the Elantra which she will probably buy when she graduates this summer.
    Nice to know that you had good luck at the dealership, as that's where we plan to buy. Prefer to buy from a local store, we bought our Mazda 3 in Coconut creek also.

The Sandman :)
    Sandman46,
    i had a great experience thier. If you want you can email me and i will give you the name of the salesman i worked with , and tell you where i got the cheapest online qoutes so that you have a good idea of what you can get price wise around here. Plus to be honest if i recommend you to the salesman i get a $100 from them. Either way let me know how it goes for you
  • snaglepussnaglepus Member Posts: 160
    :)

Over on another forum listed under "General Azera Talk" by Doug, find:

http://www.azeraforum.com/ or See:

http://greathyundai.com/img/ebay/8A328481/pic-8.jpg :surprise:

:D
    i will post a picture of mine this weekend after i clean and take some pics.
  • cwintermeyercwintermeyer Member Posts: 2
    When I decided on a 2007 Azera several weeks ago, I spent hours talking to dealers in several states, tracking down ten Azeras matching my want list. Now that I'm ready to purchase, I discovered seven of them have been sold. The remaining three are program cars with many miles on them (none under 6,000 miles). Sure, I still could buy a 2007, but without driving more than two states away, I would have to buy one with thousands of miles already on it, or settle on color choice (I'm insistent on black leather interior) or give up the Logic7 audio system (not gonna happen). Dedicated to my decision to own a new Azera Limited Ultimate with Logic7, I decided a 2008 is the only way to go.

So, after some back-and-forth negotiating with three dealers, I ended up selecting a 2008 Azera Limited Ultimate without NAV in Silver with black leather interior. I pick her up this Friday. The deal I struck resulted in $24,894 for the car (includes the $2000 rebate), and $27,165 out-the-door. And, the dealer threw in the first two oil changes for free. Fortunately, the dealer I'm buying from is the same one that I will be taking the car to for service, since it's the one closest to where I live. And since I'm buying the car there, I get a free loaner when I take mine in for service. Although I originally had my heart set on a 2007, I'm happy with my decision and with the deal I got on an amazing vehicle that stickers for $30,595.
    Congrats on the new car and great deal. I to started looking at the 07. However i decided that i did not want to have to settle, for anything. So with the limited selection in 07, i went for an 08 with out having to settle. i got everything i wanted in my car. Has not been a week yet and i am still shocked everytime i see it in my driveway. Again Enjoy your cari and good job on the negotiated deal.
  • keitha3keitha3 Member Posts: 124
    Yeah, I'm tempted by the 2007 Azera Limited Ultimate as well. I'd be pushing forward my time to buy (and perhaps my ultimate choice), but they're going for $23,997 locally right now and that's very invititing.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    For only 2400 more you can get an 08. I would think that is a better deal from a TCO (total cost of ownership) standpoint. Price quote here in OH for a 30.9 sticker vehicle is 26.4 (includes 250 doc fee). recent posts here on the 08's are even better than that...
  • nmooneynmooney Member Posts: 3
    My sons turned 16 (twins) and took over my 2004 XG350 (which I encouraged because it has so many safety features.) Given my complete satisfaction with Hyundai, I started looking for an 06 Ultimate Azera. I wanted an 06 because I drive very long trips and wanted the cassette (not on 07 or 08) for increased access to books on tape. After looking for about 2 mos. I bought a beauty at Mercedes Benz of Augusta, Ga., some 250 miles from my home in Tallahassee,FL. It is Cypress Green, black interior, 5500 miles, $17,000.00 OTD (but that did not include $1200 FL tax because they don't collect that in Ga.) I never drove an Azera until after I paid for it and drove off the dealership (in all of about fifteen minutes.) It was prepped and waiting, and I wasn't concerned about this dealership or the car, and my lack of concern has been justified. The car is great, larger and simultaneously more economical than I expected. The dealership was great: they pulled no punches. I don't think I could have done better anywhere for this model & year in this condition.

I think Hyundais are terrific, but I'd never buy new again, as I did my XG. the depreciation is just too steep. For that one, stickered at $26,000.00, I paid $21,700.00 and thought it was a great deal. But a year off the lot it was worth $16,000. This Azera's sticker is $30,100.00, and comparing apples to apples I paid the dealer $16,400.00 after some poor bugger had it only 15 mos. and put merely 5500 miles on it! To me, this is the only way to go.

One negative observation, not a complaint. From the moment I bought the XG I was amazed at the unbelievably high quality of the interior materials. The most noteworthy example is the dashboard and glove box. It's hard to imagine a more serious and expensive item: maybe you have to check out the weight and thickness of the glove box door to understand what I'm saying. So when I first opened the Azera glove box and it dropped down like any other cheap hard plastic glove box, I was surprised. Nope, it doesn't matter at all and after two weeks with this car I haven't seen another suggestion of cutting corners significantly, and it surely enhanced fuel economy to lighten up. But that ole' XG glove box always impressed me and made me think I had a real Asian luxury car.
    congrats on the fine deal and great car. As far as the depreciation on a new car i am not worried. I had my previos car Mustang gt for about ten years, when i sold it, she still looked new and drove great. i got a good price considering the year and milliage. So i plan to have the Azzy for about the same time, no need to worry about the depreciation.
    As to your glove box door, i think yours might be broken, becuase mine glides open, it does not drop.
    Enjoy the Azzy i know i am. :D
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    My 07 glove box is damped and opens smoothly. I'll bet someone replaced the cabin filter and broke something in the process of replacing the filter (which is located behind the glove box).
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    "So when I first opened the Azera glove box and it dropped down like any other cheap hard plastic glove box, I was surprised..."

Check to see if the damper is attached to the right-side of the box, it might just be disconnected and hanging almost out of sight...
  • elrlawelrlaw Member Posts: 20
    In Oct '07 paid dealer's invoice price on car and on all options less 1/2 the dealer holdback less all the applicable mfg incentives plus the freight charge. If I'm remembering right that came to $24,300 or $25,300 but in any event that was the formula. I recall the sticker price was about $31,000. No sat radio or nav system but everything else. We have the beige leather. Nice looking but hard to keep clean during the Chicago winter. Gregory Dodge in Highland Park was easy to work with and I get oil changes for the life of the vehicle at no charge. The car's great, especially at that price.
  • kd44kd44 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your all help (timely email reply and answers of my quetions). I bought cars from Chicagoland dealer (Howard Hyundai, elmuhrst, IL). We bought two Azera limiteed yesterday.

New Year 2008 Azera limited edition with ultimate packge with floor mats plus wheel locks (MSRP $30645).

The price is $24,325 + TTL. for each car [including $2500 rebate from Hyundai]

My color is black exterior and Biege interior.
    My friend's car should be delivered today so I am not disclosing its color.

Thanks
    Kalpesh Dave
  • kd44kd44 Member Posts: 3
    We bought two same Azera cars with ultimate package. I negotiated with many Chicago land dealers and this is how I rate them (1 is the best and 5 is worst)

1) Howard Hyundai [not easy to get a good price from internet but easy to work with personally to get the deal]. I bought two Azera from this dealer

2) Elgin Hyundai [not easy to get a good price from internet but easy to work personally to get the deal]. They don't have good inventory but can negotiate what they have on their lot. I bought three car for my brother, his wife and father.

So, visit no 1 and 2 only after doing your home work

3) Pugi Hyundai (very good in email reply and nice to work with via internet but she didn't offer the best price)

4) Rosen Hyundai (very good in email reply and ok to work with via internet but he does not negotiate price very well)

5) McGrath and Patrick Hyundai didn’t give me good price on the internet in the past, so I didn't even contacted them this time.

I have experience of buy 5 Hyundai in last two years (1 Elantra year 2006, 2 sonata year 2007 and two Azera year 2008). It was hard for me to find the info on internet for Hyundai cars compare to Toyota and Honda, so I thought I should share my research on the net to save other people's time.

Good luck on your Hyundai car purchase.
  • cool_herbpatcool_herbpat Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your all help (timely email reply and answers of my quetions). I bought cars from Chicagoland dealer (Howard Hyundai, elmuhrst, IL). We bought two Azera limited yesterday. This one was to Dealer Locate and got on last Tuesday....4/29/2008

New Year 2008 Azera limited edition with ultimate packge with floor mats plus wheel locks (MSRP $30795).

The price is $24,507 + TTL. for each car [including $2500 rebate from Hyundai]

My color is Pearl White exterior and Biege interior. :)

Thanks..