Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who bought or are thinking of purchasing a Hyundai. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information.
  • jssh1jssh1 Member Posts: 6
    Someone is selling their 2007 Azera with Ultimate package which they bought late last summer (10350 miles). There is no DVD/Navigation, but it does have the Infinity stereo system. It is dark grey with black leather interior. They are asking $18,700. I know that Carmax has offered them $17,500. It looks like it is in very good condition. With the 2009 Azera and Genesis coming out, I thought perhaps the 2008 Azera would go down in price later this year. Should I wait or what should I offer for this car? They are leaving the country next Tuesday but want to sell the car by today.

Also, do I need to pay the excise tax on a used vehicle from a private party? I live in Maryland. Thanks!
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Why not start at this price and work up till y'all reach the target price that you have in mind. To offer what Carmax offrers might just make it easier for them to go there and get 'er done. But by offering more than Carmax, the more likely hood that you will snag the car . You're in a good position though, you like the car but they must get it sold. By offering a bit more makes it a win/win for both sides.
    Nice car in a great color with low miles...who could ask for more!

The Sandman :)
  • bostonsullybostonsully Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 2008 GLS Azara with the premium package - leather, sunroof, + bluetooth - pearl color - very nice looking car - I have bought a few Hyundai's at Rt 2 and they are a great dealership - We got a great deal on this one - under 24K - MSRP was 28+K - not sure of the exact number - it is in the car. They may have had incentives, but who cares if they pass it on to the buyer.

We are very impressed with the ride and audio system - it is the base system but very nice - drove down to Circuit city to change out the speakers as I always do- by the time I got there I ws not in a hurry to change them. I will wait on this swap.
  • frank_1frank_1 Member Posts: 4
    I was in the market for a Hyundai because of the quality and price (and these boards). However, I will no longer buy because I just discovered how ignorant I have been.
    In this weeks WSJ, there are two articles about how South Korea is anti-American with our products and our people! They are currently protesting the opening up of trade with US beef sellers. Lies are being spread that we will ship the Koreans mad cow disease meat, since "Americans will not even eat their own meat!". The article states that in fact the US consumes 96% of its own meat. However, large populations of Koreans are protesting.
    Then, another article mentions how the the Korean government has sheltered Hyundai and Samsung from outside competition (American cars are not allowed to be sold in Korea!), and that Blackberry just struck a deal to come in. Of course, the Koreans are up in arms about this too.
    This i snot free-trade. How can American companies compete in a pseudo free-trade environment when Hyundai doe snot have to compete in its own back yard? All that saved money is used for other purposes that gives it an unfair advantage in the market place.
    I have children, and I want them to have a future in this country. Therefore, my money will not go to Korea and stimulate more hate and economic destruction for Americans. (Hyundai North Americafired all the American senior managers and replaced them with Koreans, how blatant is that?!?!)
    I will buy any other brand but Hyundai or Kia.
    And before someone mentions that some Hyundai's are built in the US, that means very little in today's world. Manufacturing is not a profit center. For example, Ipods are built in China, but Apple in California (HQ) where the innovation and design took place, is collecting the billions of dollars and not China. Same is true for Hyundai.
    I hope you will check my facts if you are not convinced.
  • epithermepitherm Member Posts: 2
    As a Korean living in America, I cannot but point out how superficial your points are. Check my comments below....
    In this weeks WSJ, there are two articles about how South Korea is anti-American with our products and our people! They are currently protesting the opening up of trade with US beef sellers. Lies are being spread that we will ship the Koreans mad cow disease meat, since "Americans will not even eat their own meat!". The article states that in fact the US consumes 96% of its own meat. However, large populations of Koreans are protesting.
    => Some of you guys have tendency to drive things in one direction like "those guys are anti-American" when someone complains about things. The reality is this. Currently, American people are not eating beef that is from cows that are more than 20 months old as they are more prone to mad cow disease. Also, you are not consuming parts that are susceptible to mad cow disease. The stupid Korean president, however, quickly agreed to import beef regardless of age and of susceptibility of mad cow disease. Are Korean people angry? Yes. They are angry at their president and current administration because they don't seem to care about wellness of their own people. What do they want? They want to consume exactly the same beef as you (American citizens) are eating. I do not see any anti-American feeling in here.

Then, another article mentions how the the Korean government has sheltered Hyundai and Samsung from outside competition (American cars are not allowed to be sold in Korea!), and that Blackberry just struck a deal to come in. Of course, the Koreans are up in arms about this too.
    => You are utterly ignorant. American cars have been sold in Korea more than 15 years. The import of American cars were allowed at the same time as those from other countries. But, the sale of American cars has always been slow while those of German and Japanese cars continued to grow. Do you know what Korean government did to make people buy more American cars? Korean government purchased about 100 Taurus to use highway patrol cars, which was about 8~9 years ago, to urge people to buy American cars and to avoid trade conflict. Do you know any country (among those that make their own cars) that use foreign cars as police cruiser?
    Also, Blackberry? Give me a break! As for cell phones and electronic stuff, Korean companies are really competitive. Nokia withdrew from Korean market several years ago. And, market share of Sony-Ericsson and Motorola are really really low not because Korean government is giving disadvantage to these companies but Korean people do not buy them. Lots of foreign companies withdrew or changed their way of doing business (e.g., Philips is no longer selling TVs in Korea. Instead, they are concentrating on coffee machine and shaver. I think they are smart). Maybe, it took Blackberry a while to analyze their marketeability in Korea.

If Korean government is doing so unfair business, do you think American government would keep quiet about it? Do you know what FTA is? This free trade deal was agreed between Korean and American government, but, unfortunately, it is being delayed because American senate and Korean national assembly have not approved it.
  • cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    Nice post. Very informative. World trade is just that. WORLD TRADE. International companies are just that. International companies. There is a web of manufacturing facilities that circle the globe. You really have to search to find a manufactured item or food product that 100% domestic. Everyone is a winner because of free trade.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    But... let's stick to prices.. :)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jssh1jssh1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, Sandman.
    My husband wanted to offer $17,600 since he thought they would take anything over what CarMax would offer. I disagreed as selling to me is more of a hassle - needed to check up on title, lien release-all that good stuff and since they are leaving the country next week - I don't think they wanted to be really bothered (they are selling their 2003 Corolla to CarMax with 45K miles for $5,500. So I offered $18,200 and they accepted. I have never bought a used car before - this is only my second car in 14 years - I bought a 1994 Camry new which now has almost 200,000 miles - so I hope this car will serve me well for the long haul. I am still working out the payment/insurance and I hope I can take possesion of it later today or tomorrow.

By the way, in response to frank_1, I asked these sellers, who happen to be Korean, if American cars are sold in Korea. He thought I was crazy to ask such a question and said of course. Knowing a lot of Korean-americans, they really like their BMWs and Mercedes-Benzes.

thanks!
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Still don't understand why you offered so much for the car. I'm with your husband on this...$17.7k up to $17.9k would've been all the money. That Corolla was a steal for Carmax...they gave the car away.

The Sandman :)
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    Personally, I think the way you handled it was pretty reasonable. You paid an additional amount that was quite small as a percentage of the purchase price, and you got the deal done. Good for you.
  • wobbly_earswobbly_ears Member Posts: 160
    Frank, sorry, I can not let you get off after making such an ill informed comment.

Have you ever been to Asia? If you had been, you would have observed that most of the Asians prefer small cars like Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Getz/Santro, Tata Indica, Tata Nano etc The reason is that gas is very very very expensive there ($10-12 per gallon). These small cars sip fuel gingerly, are easy to park & maneuver.

Ford & GM have been in India for close to 15-20 years but are far far behind when compared to Hyundai, Suzuki etc in India. It is the same case in many other Asian countries. WHy? It is because, till today GM & Ford don't have a small car platform to produce small cars the market demands. Instead, they want to produce big land yachts & expect people to buy them. As a business principle, you produce what the market demands, not what you demand the market to absorb. The key to succeed in Asia? SMALL FUEL SIPPING CARS!!!!

And another thing.... GM bought the ailing Daewoo in Korea. Now, last year GM-Daewoo became the LARGEST selling car maker in Korea, surpassing Hyundai/Kia!
  • jeff26cjeff26c Member Posts: 4
    Sticker price at dealer in buffalo, NY area 19480 for a used 07 azera limited 3.8 L engine with 12000 miles and rental car past. Is 17500 before taxes a resonable offer? . Also a 07 azera limited base for 19880 with 7500 miles. Im thinking around 17850 before taxes. thanks for any input anyone has.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    boath are grate prices what colors are each car would take the one that has any recalls or bulitans done to it but the one with the lower milage sounds good keep us updated and thankyou for reading my posting
  • jeff26cjeff26c Member Posts: 4
    Both are venetian blue. I just had a 09 sonata v6 deal fall through due to dealer ignorance, so i am strongly considering an azera again. We negotiated a deal for it, but they did not seem to check in the morning to see if the car was still available the morning of the negotiation for a dealer trade WOW. The one with 7500 miles on it was also a former rental.
  • 101649101649 Member Posts: 192
    Dude

there is spell check available for your post.........
  • rotaryrotary Member Posts: 71
    I can buy a 2007 Azera with 15,887 miles on it (a Limited Edition) for $16,900 from a dealer. It is a one owner free carfax car, with a clean history.

I passed because everyone I personally know (and trust) that has a Hyundai (three Sonatas and one Azera) has suspension noise problems, all described as a hollow feeling, with clanking and/or thunking sounds, while transversing rough pavement.

Nothing bothers me more than squeaks, rattles or suspension noise. It's the one thing that more than anything else drains confidence in a product and sucks any notion of quality out of a vehicle's perception, no matter what else can be said about a vehicle.
  • rotaryrotary Member Posts: 71
    By the way, I checked Consumer Reports, and every model year of the Azera is recommended with a 'better than average reliability' rating.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    See April 2008 issue, page 82. It states that "Used Cars to Avoid had below average reliability for their specific model years." Then see page 85, "Used Cars to Avoid." Under Hyundai, it lists the "Azera, '07."
    Personally I don't agree with it and it conflicts with the individual systems "verdicts" on page 91. However, on page 91, they also rate the '07 as below average as a used car.
    They cannot go back and change their ratings from the 2007 issue. However, I asked them to explain how the 07 dropped from great to POS and they did not respond.
    They also state that the Azera is a "good value and performs well." Page 11.
    On page 34, they list it [2008] as a Quick Recommendation for sedans for being "roomy and having a good ride." They downgrade it for MPG, but it actually has the same overall MPG as their most highly recommended Infiniti M35 and G35 and better than the G35 AWD.
    Biased? Conflicting? Unintelligible? You bet, but there it is.
  • rudikamprudikamp Member Posts: 34
    I own a 2007 model and I am convinced it is the best car for the price.
    Compare size, content and quality, nothing beats it.
    I had no problems and gas mileage is in line with cars that size.
  • andysamandysam Member Posts: 9
    Totally wrong, CR . I have the Azy'07 for 7 month now. It is BY FAR the best car I had for the money. It rides like a Lincoln Continental and others in the same class that cost much more. I don't even have the front end problems that we "hear" a lot about. I hope I am not speaking too soon, but so far I LOVE THIS CAR.
  • donvickdonvick Member Posts: 38
    I disagree with CR also.
    We have the 2007 Limited bought new off the showroom floor. It has almost 39,000 miles on it and we'd buy another. In fact I was thinking of looking for a used one for myself to drive and sell the 1996 Grand Am with 228,000 miles on it.

We've had no problems and certainly none of the front clunking issues even on bumpy roads.
    We get 28 mpg going to LA and to Silver Springs, Nevada. Its a quiet car, good ride and great handling. I rotated the tires in my driveway and change my own oil.
    No issues here. Just wish it had Air Conditioned seats like the Lincoln Zephr we test drove and decided on the Azera instead, no regrets.
    I think CR is using incomplete data or making assumptions based on the few complaints they've heard about.

The trunk is cavernous with an easy low sill access, back seats swing down, rear sunshade, sun visor extensions, door pockets that flip out to reach bottom easier. Heated seats, well lit dash, lots of shoulder room. I'm 5'7 and love the roominess. Kids come to town and we pile into the Azera. The sun roof has a sliding panel to completely block out the overhead sun.

Its a very good car regardless of pricing or past reputation of the Hyundai.

Vick
  • njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    My wife and I went to a NJ Hyundai dealership to check out a 2009 Sonata Limited with nav but she fell in love with the 2008 Azera instead. The wood steering wheel, wood door handle (from inside the car), plus the inside layout and features look much better than the 2004 Mercedes E350 4Matic we just returned to the Mercedes dealership at the end of the least this month. My concern is that the 3.8 V6 engine, at 17 miles per gallon on city, is not gas efficient.

Would anyone out there with recent purchase of a 2008 Azera share his/her buying experience, especially the pricing and driving after the purchase? Also, would it be a good idea to wait for the 2009 model to come out? Are there any improvements on the 2009 Azera over the 2008 car? Thanks a lot.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    My concern is that the 3.8 V6 engine, at 17 miles per gallon on city, is not gas efficient. Per the MB website, the 2008 E350, without 4Matic, is also rated at 17MPG city, and its highway mileage is 2MPG less than the Azera - figure the 4Matic model to reduce the MPG by at least 1MPG vs. the base E350, so, the Azera should do a bit better than your 4Matic - and on reg gas, to boot. HP and torq ratings are very similar between the two, but the 4Matic is heavier, so would be a bit slower, also.

If mileage is real important, get the Sonata with the 4 banger, or the Azera with the 3.3 V-6, but the luxury levels of those will be less than the Azera Limited.

Luck and fun with your shopping.
  • daveltddaveltd Member Posts: 13
    I have had my 2008 Azera LTD for2 months. Have 750 miles on it & I get 18mpg city.

Now to say that I have had different vechiles in recent years might be a under statement. 2002 F150 Harley Davidson Supercharged, 1996 Impala SS Supercharged [my play toy] 2005 Magnum RT, 2006 Caddie SRX, & 2006 Trailblazer SS [395HP].

Well I love my Azera,[power,comfort & style]. Well equipped & price after $5,000. factory rebate was great . :)

I agree on the last statement the prev. posted. If you all the bells etc. with good power & mileage then Azera LTD got it all[well almost all].
  • njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    Daveltd, thanks. "Well equipped & price after $5000 factory rebate was great" When & where you got this deal? Yesterday, I saw the 2009 Azera offers $2000 rebate (Kellybluebook.com) while the 2008 with $2500 rebate. The 2008 Ltd with nav & ultimate package was quoted $28450 OTD and the 2009 can only be more.

Getting 18 mpg (local/city?) is not bad for the Limited with 3.8 engine. However, I have new concerns after reading the postings on this forum. The woodgrain steering wheel and the door pulls have chipping easily and need repair just after one year or so. :cry:

I need all the help/advice I can get on the Azera Ltd with nav and ultimate package.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Daveltd may have used the term "rebate" rather loosely.

He may have meant dealer selling price compared to MSRP and rebates totaling $5000 under MSRP.
  • daveltddaveltd Member Posts: 13
    After sending that post I should have told you that I live in Canada. The rebate of $5,000. was from Hyundia Canada. This rebate & others on other Hyundia cars was to TRY to level the price difference between US & Canada. As you may have heard but most higher costing cars are alot more up here. The MSRP on my LTD. [nagvation was not aviable in Canada] was $40,610. So my price was $34,610, which included a addtional $1,000. off before my trade-in. :D

On the matter of the streering wheel thing, I have only heard from 2006 owners I believe. Looking how the wheel is made it would have too have heavy abuse to chip it. :)
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    I am looking for the same car in red in the New york aria. anyone get one on Long Island Pleas let me no what dealer and price thankyou so mutch for reading.
  • revjrevj Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a Limited w/Ultimate Package (but not navigation). It was $25,500 out the door (all tags, fees, taxes, etc.)

One word of warning. I think my 2008 has the front end shudder. You can feel it around 40 and again around 70. I have increased tire pressure and it helped, but didn't eliminate it.

From what I am reading, Hyundai has yet to find a way to address this and service managers simply say "I don't feel it". Mine has already been back for tire alancing - no change. When the dealership called for their sales experience survey, I informed them of this problem and never received a follow up call. The salesman called today to get the number of a prospective friend and customer. I shared the problem with him and he could not have been less interested.

I called the friend/prospective buyer and warned him. No sese in two of us being carsick due to the vibration that no one else can feel.

I have 1400 miles on the car and am already wondering how long it will be before I can trade it in.
    I have just purchased a 2008 Azera. I love the car except it has the front end shudder/shimmy. It appears around 40 mph and 70 mph. I have had the tires rebalanced. I have increased tire pressure. The shudder/shimmy is subtle, but it is definitely there.

From what I have read, I am in for several visits with service managers saying it is my imagination and that the car is fine. If anyone has advice to help me avoid regular visits to the dealership (without any resolution) I would greatly appreciate it. I
  • donvickdonvick Member Posts: 38
    I would think someone may have already addressed this but have the wheels bearings been checked for proper adjustment.
    My question mark key has suddenly quick working.

Back to bearings. Way back in another lifetime when growing up and learning cars I discovered the wheel bearings need to be properly adjusted to avoid shudders, shakes and shimmies as well as premature failure.
    They cannot be just installed and tightened down.
    I have seen youngsters over tighten and other times just tighten enough to take up the slack and pin it in place.
    They ought to be tighten while rotating the wheel and then backed off to the next available cotter key hole and rechecked for looseness.

Do you do your own maintenance or know someone who can jack up the front and check the bearings.

We're over 40,000 miles on our Azera and love it.
    This last week the plastic covering under the drivers side seat under the car, about 12 inches wide by 36 inches long, broke and dealer replaced it in less than an hour after the call to them. No hassle, no charge. The 2 screw holding the leading edge broke away around the holes. That was Groppetti Hyundai in Visalia, Ca.

We'll buy another Azera when the time comes.

Vick
  • snaglepussnaglepus Member Posts: 160
    :)

There is TSB addressing this problem.

Insist that your service writer look it up and if he can't be bothered, go
    to the service manager and on up the line until you get satisfaction. ;)

:D
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    Can you share the TSB number? I have had (very!) limited success accessing and using their web-site. :sick:

Glad to help out when I can. :surprise:

08-SS-003 "TIRE AND WHEEL VIBRATION AND RADIAL FORCE VARIATION"

In so many words, thay are telling the dealer to get the wheels balanced properly using the Hunter GSP9700.
    There is no better way to do this as long as the tech knows how to read and
    can follow the simply instructions printed out on that machines' computer. ;)

Funny, I have been preaching about that machine for years and
    even here before, and all of a sudden, Hyundai issues a TSB? :confuse:

If you cannot print it out, send me a request on my private email and I will send it to you.

DHG
  • boltguyboltguy Member Posts: 94
    This TSB has been released for the whole line of Hyundai vehicles for at least the last 2 years, so I would be interested to see how seriously the service dept. takes this. If you're within the 12 month, 12,000 mile "adjustment" warranty, I think you'd be good. Otherwise, I think you're on the line for the price of the radial force vibration balancing.

The TSB that I am refering to is 08-SS-003

08-SS-003 MARCH, 2008
    ALL TIRE AND WHEEL VIBRATION AND RADIAL FORCE VARIATION
    THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TSB# 06-50-013
    TO INCLUDE 2008 MODEL YEAR VEHICLES.

Yes, there was indeed an earlier TSB, but note that this later one supersedes it! :surprise:

We do know that many service department personel barely know how to read,
    and 'couldn't care less' about what the customer is complaining about. :cry:

When he goes to his dealer and quotes that TSB, he will most likely get some results.
    If he should not get favorable results, he can and I hope will complain to the Hyundai at the corporate level.

• boltguyboltguy Member Posts: 94
    My point is still very valid. The "new" TSB 08-SS-003, has been issued for every 2008 Hyundai model. The point is that Hyundai doesn't think there is a specific issue with the '08 Azera. Interpret it as you will, but it's the truth.

No! What you are saying is contradictory.

You are saying that you do not think that Hyundai believes that there is a specific issue with
    this problem that many, not only Azera owners are experiencing, but other models as well.

I ask you: Why would Hyundai have issued the TSB and even help with the pricing
    of the Hunter GSP9700 if they did not want the dealers to fix the problem?

Does that make sense? :confuse:
    I know of at least one person who had been back to his dealer many times with
    this same problem and the dealer had done everything but use the GSP9700.
    The dealer changed wheels, tires and rebalanced different wheels and tire combinations
    but the problem continued. As soon as the owner brought in that TSB and the
    dealer followed the instructions to the letter, no more problems. :surprise:

I called the dealer today with the TSB #. After an eternity on hold, the service manager explained they would need to do a Hunter balancing and would have to take it to the local Chevy dealership that has the machine. I am supposed to take it tomorrow.

Thanks for the TSB info. I'l let you know how it turns out.

Who will take your car to the Chevy dealership, you or your Hyundai dealer?

Instruct whoever that you insist that the tech who is the system operator
    list the "Road Force' number readings for each individual wheel.
    This is the key to whether or not your problem will be corrected.
    These road force reading must be below a certain number of pounds, the
    lower the better.
    I have read that this reading must be 15 pounds or less.

I wish you would take the time to read up on the Hunter site as to
    what happens or needs to happen when this system is used.
    Again, those road force readings must be below a certain number
    of pounds
    or the point of the whole proceedure is for nothing.
    When they find the bad wheel or wheels, what did the tech
    do to correct the problem, and above all else, was it fixed?
    In many cases, it has been reported that no matter what the tech tried, there was
    no way to correct the problem without those bad Michelins being replaced.
    Yes, bad tires, and Michelin does know about this and Michelin
    is replacing those tires that were evidently from a bad batch. :surprise:

Good luck.

• jack_spratjack_sprat Member Posts: 29
    Could people post what they are paying for 2009 Azera models

Model - 3.3 or 3.8

Price before TTL and trade in.

So did you in fact keep your appointment and take it in to the Cheby dealer and
    did they, using their Hunter GSP9700 balancing system, correct your problem? :confuse:

Hey, thanks for asking. They did the road force balanceat the Chevy dealership. I wish I could say it fixed it, but there are still a couple of speeds where the car feels "jittery". I wish I could explain it better.

For contrast, I drove my 2002 Stratus R/T (not known for a smooth ride) and our 2001 Town and Country Van. The Azera is smoother, except for a couple of speeds where it just seems to be uneasy. It seems I read somewhere that it might be an issue where the Tranny bolts to the engine. Whatever it is, it is still there.

I have no idea as to what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • begovich1begovich1 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased a 2008 azera limited with the ultimate nav pkg. Have read a lot of info about front end problems. My azera was built on 12/21/07. This appears to have some significance as to the struts, and also ride characteristics. Just purchased rubber mats in a beautiful gray (weathertech) and had the windows tinted for the HOT FLORIDA sun. It looks great. I only have 300 miles on it. Great ride so far. Would appreciate any tips on what problems , if any, that I should beware of. Thanks in advance for any info.

Congratulations.

Since your new 2008 Azera is what I would call a late 2008, you have got the latest shocks,
    front part number 54611-3L640 which evidently were installed beginning 10/20/07.

No one I know of has been 5K miles yet on these newest shocks,
    so it will be interesting to see if these newest shocks hold up.

You will know even before 5K miles as yours may (I hope not!) go South as all but the original early
    2006 MYs have done. Evidently Azeras built prior to Dec. 05, 2005 had good shocks and did
    not experience any problems like the cars built from Dec. 05, 2005 to Oct. 20, 2007.

Please let us know how your late 2008 Azera holds up in this department. :confuse:

I cannot wait until someone gets 5K miles or more on these latest shocks and reports no porposing
    problems
    as many have experienced with cars built from Dec. 05, 2005 through Oct. 20, 2007.

I expect that you will not have any problems with your new late Azera.

• jack_spratjack_sprat Member Posts: 29
    how much did you pay before TTL and trade in.
    I just purchased a 2008 azera limited from coconut creek hyundai in florida. It is pearl gray mettalis ( 2009 color ) It has the ultimate pkg. including the NAV. and floor mats. Out the door including prep, sales tax. tags and d.c. fee was $27,500. The car rides beautiful. I only have 300 miles on it. So far, none of the dredded front end problems. Apparently the production date has a lot to do with the suspension componets. My azera was built on 12/21/07. Let me know how your's is. Thanks
    No trade in. Paid 27,500 including sales tax, doc fee , dealer prep, and tags. My azera is a limited , with the ultimate nav. pkg, anfr floor mats. Coconut creek hyundai in FLA.
    "Apparently the production date has a lot to do with the suspension components.
    My Azera was built on 12/21/07."

And therein lies the secret! ;)

Azeras built 10/20/07 and later have the latest supposely improved shocks, part
    number 54611-3L640 for the fronts and 55311-3L640 for the rear shocks.

I am a committee of one who is trying to determine if indeed these newest parts,
    especially the fronts, are going to stand up for more than 5K miles. :confuse:

Please keep me posted with the good news that yours do hold up!