Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Lucerne Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
edited March 2014 in Buick
Ask your Lucerne lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• rivieraranchrivieraranch Member Posts: 28
    What would a fair payment be for a 36 month lease, 12K miles per year $0 down, for a Lucerne with an MSRP of $30,000.00 from GMAC? This is Southeast Florida.
  • sirius2sirius2 Member Posts: 43
    Good question. I live in Michigan and the only newspaper advertising for vehicles is directed to employees. I don't know why they don't advertise to non-auto-company-people like me. I assume it's a lowball-type tactic they use. Probably should be illegal. I've seen employee lease prices over $300 and that's with a couple grand down. I'm going to DC in a few weeks, I'll see what the ads in the Washington Post look like.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi rivieraranch. The lease payment for the car that you mentioned will depend upon its selling price. If you tell me what selling price you have negotiated, or expect to negotiate on it I will be be more than happy to estimate what your lease payment would be.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • su80su80 Member Posts: 3
    pls let me know if anyone knows lucerne lease
    cost.15k mi/yr 3 yr. selling price of car is 30758 plus
    8% tax
  • finfin Member Posts: 594
    The answer to your question will be interesting. In another forum, Car_man the HOST replied that Toyota uses 55% as a residual for a 36 month/15k Avalon lease. A high residual shows the lessor has confidence in a high resale value. Lower residual, less confidence. See what happens... and Car_man will answer. The Lucerne I looked at and really liked, V8, was also 31k, nicely equipped, plus local taxes.
  • su80su80 Member Posts: 3
    Pls answer question 5 and 6 relative to leasing.
    Hi su80. I would be happy to estimate what lease payment should be like on the car that you are interested in right now. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP. Let me know and I'll let you know :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • emkemk Member Posts: 1
    The msrp 30758 plus 8% tax which must be paid upfront.
    Hi emk. I'm a little confused, su80 asked for me to calculate the lease payment for this car. Is that you, or would you like me to calculate a sample lease payment for you as well. If this car's MSRP is $30,758, then either this is not a very good deal or there is some confusion here because su80 told me that this car's "selling price" is $30,758.

Car_man
    Host
  • cardoctor2cardoctor2 Member Posts: 1
    If anyone wants to know what to expect, go onto your local ISP page, search for GMAC Lease Calculator.com, click on the correct address and the all you have to do is enter numbers to get a good estimate of your lease price. As for the Lucerne CXS, I drove it today 6/12/06 and It is a nice car, but, for a 275 horsepower car, it really did not accelerate as quickly as I expected, and that was the first disappointment, then the stereo sucked, (Harmon/Kardon)sound is muddy, equalizer is worthless and the stereo is hard to operate on a first drive, not intuitive, headlights very dim, and no xenon or HID halogens offered, turning radius very wide, much worse than my larger Lincoln SUV, no wood on the steering wheel, I could go on, but I am simply going to look at a Toyota Avalon which has better quality features and other features that the Lucerne does not even have for same 30's price area. Very disappointed in the Lucerne, because it is a very good looking car with a lot of good things, for 27 grand, not for the high 30's they want for it.
  • audiobuffaudiobuff Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_Guy
    Living in zip code 94087 CA
    Looking for residual value,lease rate & any incentives on
    a 2007 Lucerne CXS 36mo./15k
    Thanks for your help,
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff. According to the latest information that I have seen, GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Buick Lucerne CXS with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 52%, respectively. General Motors is currently providing $750 lease cash on this model. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • larwil324larwil324 Member Posts: 18
    what would these numbers look like for a 27 and or 39 month lease based on 10k miles per year?
    Hello larwil324. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Buick Lucerne CXS with 10,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 lease are 4.0% and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • addiaddi Member Posts: 33
    When GMAC quotes 4% for a buy rate does one just divide by 2400 for a buy rate of .0016666?

I find most GMAC dealer's difficult to work with on a lease deal.

Thanks. Addie
    You are absolutely right, addi. To convert a lease rate into an approximate equivalent money factor, just divide it by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jaysquared55jaysquared55 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at 2 different Lucerne CXS models, and was wondering if anyone might have some insight they could help me with. First off, I'm debating purchasing a 2006 model with premium paint, htd washer fluid/remote start/parking assist, htd & cooled seats, 6-disc cd changer and 18" chrome plated alum wheels that stickers at $38,130, or of leasing a 2007 similarly equiped except it also has a pwr sunroof that stickers at $40,075. I'm looking at a 39 month lease with 20K miles/yr. I may qualify for some or all of the following: loyal Buick owner ($750), cash allowance ($2000/'06), conquest cash ($500 - we also have a foreign car) and SmartBuy trade-in cash allowance on purchase (for the '06 model). Since I need a high mileage lease, maybe with all the incentives for the '06, it might be less to purchase. What do you think, or what calculations should I make to come up with a good comparison estimate? Thanks for your help! (I'll also post this under leasing questions.)
    Hi jaysquared55. The high mileage that you drive would push me to finance or pay cash for a 2006 Lucerne than lease a 2007 model if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • griz7674griz7674 Member Posts: 3
    I currently drive a 2005 F150 Supercrew 4wd. It's killing me on gas but it will seat 6 people which is nice since I have 4 children. My in-laws have a 6 seat lucerne and I really like the way it drives. My children are still small so we can fit comfortably in this.

I spoke with a dealership about 3 hours from me and here is their offer.

Lease:
    36 month lease based upon a GMS purchase price of $29,181. I am allowed 25,000 miles a year with a residiual of $13876 and a money factor of 5.0. They are allowing me $19,000 on my F150 which I owe $23,879 on. This brings my monthly lease payment to $641 + tax or $550 + tax if I go with 12,000 miles.

I have never leased before so am unfamiliar with what constitutes a good deal. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Bob
  • eddiedeeeddiedee Member Posts: 1
    Very sorry to change the subject. I am in the process of building my lucerne CXL with all the things that I want. I am only interested in leasing. They are telling me now that a lease may not be an option for the first 6 months of the 2008. I am told that there is a 2007 with the same color and almost everything that I am looking for. the price is $1000 more than the car that I built.ONLY THIS CAR HAS 2700 MILES ON IT.THE DEALERS WIFE DROVE IT. IT IS VERY BEAUTIFUL, SHOULDN'T THIS CAR BE CLASSIFIED AS USED ? SOMEONE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME . EDDIEDEE
    Greetings Bob. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The fact that you are able to purchase, or in this case lease, the Lucerne that you want using GMS pricing assures you of getting a good deal without having to haggle. Just double check that the dealer you are leasing through uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 3.0% to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi eddiedee. What you were told is incorrect. General Motors' lease program for the 2008 Buick Lucerne is actually exactly the same as it is for the 2007 model. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 Lucerne with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 52%, respectively.

As far as the demo car that you are interested in goes, as long as it has not been titled it is still technically a "new" vehicle even though it has nearly 3,000 miles on it. What that means is that it still qualifies for GM's new vehicle incentives. What it does not mean is that you should pay a new vehicle price for it. The problem that I personally have with demo vehicles is that dealers never seem to be willing to discount them enough for me to justify purchasing what is essentially a low mileage used vehicle over a similar brand new one.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gmguy1gmguy1 Member Posts: 1
    Any information would be appreciated. I want to lease a Lucerne CXL MSRP $32,900 approx (or simular GM) for 36-39 months 10k miles. However, I have to overcome a significant trade deficit from my current 06 Lacross (around 6k). Is there any lease cash out there that could help offset this. Also, when negotiating does the trade deficit $$ have to be fully in the lease payments or can the dealer inflate the trade amount and car price paid so it can be included in the residual?

Thanks
  • jmschultz22jmschultz22 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All. Does anyone have the current residual rates and interest rates for the following:

Lucerne CXL-V6 12,000 Mile 2 Year or 3 Year
    Lucerne CXL-V8 12,000 Mile 2 Year or 3 Year

Looking to take advantage of GM Pep for family. Are the rates better for Lucerne CXS?

Thanks for any help

Joel
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Joel. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of any 2007 Buick Lucerne with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.0% and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash and $650 lease cash ($1,650 total) that General Motors is providing on it right now. this cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jennianjennian Member Posts: 4
    ANYONE KNOW THE CURRENT LEASE RATE AND RESIDUALS AND INCENTIVES FOR A 24 MO 10K MILE LEASE ON A 2008 LUCERNE?
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    I would like to know please the latest GMAC low mileage lease details for Florida for March. CXL
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    There is $500 auto show cash until 4/5 in s. fl. and I am interested in leasing a Lucerne CXL. On another site, it said the GMAC int rate was 4% for 24, 36 and 48 mos. What is the correct number for 36 or 39 months, also the residual. One dealer is advertising supplier pricing. Thank you. ;)
    Hi sheepdog1. General Motors is running a special lease on the 2008 Buick Lucerne right now. GMAC's current base lease rate for this car is 4.45%. In addition to this special lease rate, GM is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sheepdog1. I don't believe that General Motors is offering supplier pricing to consumers who are not normally eligible for this plan. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Buick Lucerne with 15,000 miles per year are 4.45% and 52%, respectively. The lease rate is the same for a 39 month lease, but the residual would drop to 51%. GM is providing $500 lease cash on this car right now in addition to the special regional auto show offer that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.