Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Accessories

13»

Comments

• pvsivakumarpvsivakumar Member Posts: 1
    Hi

Does anyone know where I can get some reasonably priced retractable (or not) cargo covers for my 2005 RAV4? We bought a used one last week and it did'nt come with one. The Toyota dealership says it sould cost about $725/- to get them ordered.

Thanks
    PV
  • m_1993m_1993 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know where i can purchase these at a decent price? The dealers prices are ridiculous..the side step bars are almost 600 bucks including installation.
    Anyone know where i can get the fender flares??
  • hjmillertxhjmillertx Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 08 blue V6 sport. And i have the same questions.... Have you made any progress on the mirror purchase yet? Gentex mirrors indicate that tey do not fit a 06 and later RAV4s.....

FYI... I put a Gentex autodim w/compass & temporature on my 05 Hyundai Tuscan. Fairly easy, but since the RAV is new I'm being more cautious.
  • rav4galrav4gal Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the delay ... your message was not forwarded to me until 8/6/08. No, never did get a response on the auto-dimming mirror question. And you're right to be cautious because I've read in other auto forums that this can be a touchy installation. So I ended up not installing one. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    I just ordered a Auto-dimming mirror for RAV-4 from "Dealerfit.com" It is a Toyota branded rearview mirror. I'll let you know if it looks the same as the Gentex. The cost is ~$40 more then the one from Gentex but since there are too many questions, I felt it worth the extra money.

Note it only has a compass feature.
    regards,
    Hi. Just finished installing the rearview mirror. With the Toyota branded mirror it was VERY easy assuming you have a moon roof. My Rav4 does not have the moon roof so I had a bit more problems running power to the mirror, yet not too bad. Total price was $210 plus 3 hours my labor. (10 minutes install the mirror plus a little less then 3 hours for the electrical.) I don't think you can use the Gentex mirror unless you replace the mirror attach button on the front winsheild.
  • dndentpdndentp Member Posts: 1
    The perfect 2008 mirror with an amber display. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170254169830

This installation method works on sunroof 08's too.
    http://rav4world.com/mods/4.3/interior/install_autodimming_mirror.html
    Looks like a great deal! Good luck with it!

Note, my '08 Rav sport does not have a moonroof which caused me the issues. Rav models without a moonroof do not have ignition +12V available in the roof area; so I had to route a wire from the fuse box up thru the pillar, thru the headliner and to the mirror. Time consuming!

Moon/sun roofs in texas are way too hot! :shades:
  • geneegenee Member Posts: 170
    I can find no information about the HomeLink icons being lighted or not. I have the mirror in my Scio tC and without lighted icons it is nearly impossible to use in the dark.
  • maxrossimaxrossi Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know where an aluminum bull bar can be purchased? Since the Rav4 is sold around the globe there are great bull bars sold in Australia, Spain and other parts of Europe but not here in the U.S. The U.S. versions are made of heavy steel painted black that rust thru easily and the Stainless ones are not much better. Thanks
  • andy67andy67 Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I got a 2008 RAV-4 about a month ago. It does not have an alarm that goes off if you leave your headlights on when disembarking the vehicle. I am known to have discharged my battery on the older car a couple of times as I forgot to turn off the lights. I would like to treat the new RAV4 a little different.

What do people suggest to remedy this:

1) Is it possible to get that alarm installed? I think it should be an electrical thing so should be doable but not sure.
    2)should I check with dealer on price and istallation or are there other websites/local mechanics that would do it for cheaper?
    3) If I did get it from someone else and something got screwed due to workmanship of installation, would that nullify my factory warranty on related covered parts?

Thanks for the input.
  • junebug1701junebug1701 Member Posts: 31
    The reason there is no headlight alarm is because your RAV has "auto-off" headlights. If the headlights are on, turn off the ignition and open the door. Get out, shut the door, and the headlights will turn off in 30 seconds. If you're impatient, hit the lock button on your key fob TWICE and the headlights will turn off immediately.

My 2008 RAV4 Limited got hit when some idiot ran a red light. Several people have told my that silver cars are harder to see in some circumstances. Since then, I have been driving with the headlights on even during the day. I never turn them off, since they turn themselves off. One less thing to worry about.

P.S. if you turn your headlights on without the ignition being on, they will NOT turn themselves off. The auto-off feature only works if they were on while the ignition was on.
  • andy67andy67 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you for the info. I guess reading owners manual can be useful to know more about the car.
    Sorry to hear about the idiot running the red light and smashing your RAV. We have a lot of those in this city as well so we have to be extra careful and may be also start using headlights in the day too.
    Thanks again,
  • KamryKamry Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone have the cargo tote for the Rav 4? I have the cargo net but was thinking about getting the cargo tote. Any opinions, likes or dislikes.?
  • KamryKamry Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone have info on obtaining a 2009 Limited Rav 4 owners manual that I can place on a cd? Thanks in advance.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Give Where To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online a try.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Here's your 2009 RAV4 owner's manual including Nav system:

2009 RAV4
    Here's the owner's manual for the 2008 RAV4:

2008 RAV4
This discussion has been closed.