Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Accessories

rukindrukind Member Posts: 17
edited April 2014 in Toyota
What factory or dealer accessories are you buying for your new 2006 RAV4? Why? How Much? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Is the Toyota security system worth the bucks? Is it dealer or factory installed?

Comments

• gregorylynngregorylynn Member Posts: 38
    Security system was factory installed on our 2006 Rav4 V6 Limited. Purchased the all weather mats and mud flaps from Toyota, you can save some money by buying them from:
    http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/default.php?cPath=12_187

Will be getting tube steps and front grill push bar to protect the vehicle from road debris and people's car doors, but may consider aftermarket parts as first picture I saw of Toyota's tube bars were chrome, not matte black.

Bought a Garmin c340 GPS and am very happy with the size in the windshield area. May consider a satellite radio unit. Will be looking for some cargo organizing stuff, nets and other items.

Longer term will look for beefier suspension controls, such as sway bars, as fast lane transitions are a little unsettling in the RAV4 with this much hp.
  • bikejackbikejack Member Posts: 12
    I purchased Toyota mudguards for my 2006 RAV Limited. I purchased them from my local dealer and with my discount the price was close to what people are paying on E-Bay after one takes into account shipping charges. Front mudguard installation was very straight forward. All you have to do is to pop in a plastic screw grommit in a existing hole and screw on the mudguard with supplied screws. Four attach points

The rear is more complicated. Toyota's instructions are to remove the rear bumper cover so one has room and access to drill 2 new holes in the bumper. The wheel gets in the way. There are are 2 dimples identifying where to drill. I was concerned about damage to the bumper and body during removal so I deviated from the Toyota procedure and removed the rear wheel instead for drilling. You put in 2 spring clips on the new holes and they attach the mudguard with 4 screws utilizing existing holes as well.

The black mudguards look extremely sharp and the black matches the window trim.

Sport model mudguards installation is different and does not require drilling. Make sure you get the right mudguard part number for your particualar model for their is different mounting hardware involved.
  • nojnoj Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 RAV4 Limited came with a tonneau cover and cargo net (PC5). Does anybody know whether this is the same cargo net as the GN?
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    We now have our new RAV. Ironically it came with a very nice carpeted mat in the hatch that covers...carpet! A cargo tray might be nice but I fear it would make getting in that 'trunk' part under the carpeted mat difficult. Is the cargo tray by chance hinged. Anyone know what they cost or if non-oem is available.

Also, any reccomendations on a hood protector and body molding...only Canada has matching molding as far as I can tell.....
  • gregorylynngregorylynn Member Posts: 38
    I bought the OEM cargo tray. It is rather thin compared to the one I bought for my ML-430 years back, and is definitely not as robust as the all weather Toyota floor mats I got for the RAV4. That said it seems to be holding up so far ok and it is easy to lift up to get to the storage below, perhaps that is why they made it so light/thin.

I would like any info anyone here has on body colored side moldings from Toyota for the side doors, also nerf/side tube bars and a front push bar. I am considering the plastic film guard for the rear bumper as well.
    This post was in the RAV 2006 forumn...note that the molding is available in Canada...
  • wxworks1wxworks1 Member Posts: 2
    What is the mudgard # for the Limited ?
    Some one has some but they don't mention if they are for a sport or other, they do mention 1 type for flared & 1 for non flared ( I guess they mean fenders or overfenders.
    Also would you be able to drill without removing the tire if you had a right angle drill.
  • dlbensondlbenson Member Posts: 13
    I purchased the toyota bike and ski racks which are made by Yakima. They come with a universal mounting adapter that is attached to the rack and then the bike and ski racks are attached to the adapter. It does not come with written instructions although the dealership put the bike rack on.
    Any idea how to get information so I can figure out how these racks come off and are put back on?
  • koyztoy23koyztoy23 Member Posts: 2
    Are those plastic running boards or are they chrome? I've been wanting to get some chrome one, but can't seem to find any for a reasonable price.
  • toyzruletoyzrule Member Posts: 5
    I've been tearing apart the 'net in hopes of finding a nice chrome center bumper grill guard for my black V6 Ltd. I found the side step tubes, but the grill guard is another matter! Anyone got any ideas?? :confuse:
  • luvmbootyluvmbooty Member Posts: 271
    I have the 2006 with third row and I want to buy for all 3 rows. Where could I buy and how much would it cost?
  • avrguy73avrguy73 Member Posts: 26
    Do you really want to pay $700 for a grill guard? :surprise:
  • noshnosh Member Posts: 1
    I bought a rav4 2006 base, and I am looking for the fog lamps kit, does any body knows where can I buyit? at the local dealer it might take over a month and the price is quite expensive.... any suggestions?? tks...
  • avrguy73avrguy73 Member Posts: 26
    Get an aftermarket fog lamp, a 3.5" will fit fine and with some fabrication if you are handy, you'd be able to make it work. That is what I did. And it cost me $60.
    But i went with the driving lamp instead of a fog lamp.
  • roman1roman1 Member Posts: 12
    Hello RAV4 enthusiasts,

I have been searching the Internet for both, running boards and grill guards (sets), but I have not found many options. However, I did find this link to offer the package w/:price, pictures, and package (running boards + grill guard).

http://trucktoys4less.com/t-h-tubular-products-for-2006-toyota-rav4.html

Anyone else has any other information on these packaged accessories? :confuse: I would like to purchase, but I don't have many options to choose from. WESTIN AUTOMOTIVE has some, but its catalog covers plenty of SUVs/Trucks except the 2006 RAV4 (it does have 1 option to it....if I'm correct).

Please let me know :)
  • risarisa Member Posts: 14
    I am looking for a side beam for a 2006 rav4, has anyone bought one? where could i find it and is it easy to install?
    thanks.
  • jimdrewjimdrew Member Posts: 84
    Looking for a nice dash protector and hood protector for my 2006 Sport V6...any one bought one they can recommend yet?

Jimmy Drew
  • roman1roman1 Member Posts: 12
    I dropped by Kragen AutoParts in San Diego, CA this weekend. They are the sale representative for WESTIN (accessories). I had the Kragen AutoPart manager call the manufacturer (Westin) and found out that for 2006 RAV4, the accessories (grill guard & rolling side tubes) are NOT available. :sick: In fact, production will only start in about 6 months or so.........I guess Westin is off my list :cry:
  • hawkeye4hawkeye4 Member Posts: 9
    I love my new Rav4, but the doors look like a tempting invitation to shopping carts and brain dead parking lot neighbors.

I heard about side molding being available in Canada. I checked it out and found out it is true.
    Stock numbers for the molding are:
    C0050-42060-40
    C0050-42060-70
    C0050-42062-02
    C0050-42063-R3
    C0050-42064-R4
    C0050-42066-T6
    C0050-42068-R3
    C0050-42068-S6
    C0050-42060-40

Apparently, the last three digits are the color code. For Example, my Rav4 is Everglade Green (color code 6T6) so I ordered stock# C0050-42066-T6.

NOTE: These stock numbers only apply to the Canadian dealerships. All the US dealers I called had never heard of them.

I ordered some from Upper James Toyota of Ontario. Their website is: http://upperjames.toyota.ca
    My cost was $100 Canadian (approx. $80 US) plus shipping.
    I don't know yet what my actual shipping cost will be. Others I've spoken to have indicated approx. $15, but I'll have to wait to see for sure.

The ordering process is fairly simple. The only unusual part is that they want you to have a UPS account. Getting one involves calling UPS and asking to set one up.
    (They're free).

If you're interested, I have the installation instructions
    (with photos of the installed product) here:
    http://home.san.rr.com/dnichols/install_instructions.pdf
  • orange99orange99 Member Posts: 2
    Has anybdoy found a good vent visor? I found a couple like these: http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/60A1739A0A0.aspx
    kind of expensive though.

Also, there is very little room on the door to stick the visor. I assume the visors designed for the 2006 model take this into account.

thanks for the help.
    Bought the mudflaps from the Toyo Parts Store...have installed them...all in all cost about $70.00 and look terrific. I'm sure the dealer would have been at least $100.00. Be sure and specify Sport or Base...

Jimmy Drew
  • justjohn15justjohn15 Member Posts: 4
    Could you please tell me the part numbers on the mudguards, I got a Limited,

Thanks

John
    I have a Limited do you get the flared or non?

Thanks
    John
  • hawkeye4hawkeye4 Member Posts: 9
    Hi John:

I have the limited and got the mudflaps. You get the non-flared. Sorry, I don't have the part#

-Dan
    Dan,

Thanks alot!!!!!

John
    The dealer told me today that the hood sheild/guard would not be out until Nov. Has anyone tried one of these on their 2006 RAV. The part number from Auto Ventsheld web site is 241139, they come in smoke and clear. The pre 2006 Toyota looks like it wraps the hood?

The rear bumper applipue looks like a hard or soft material?

Thanks

John
  • dan325isdan325is Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know of an in-dash navigation system that fits in the 2006 RAV4? The only one I know of is a system from oemvalue.com.
  • quintaquinta Member Posts: 1
    TO INSTALL THE MUDGUARDS YOU DOES NOT REQUIRED TO DISMOUNT
    THE REAR BUMPER,THE REAR WHEEL EITHER, JUST USE A SMALL
    SCREWDRIVER, ITS TOO MUCH SIMPLE.
  • caryscarys Member Posts: 3
    How do you like the bike rack? How easy is it to use? I'm trying to decide what type of bike rack to get or just continue to put the bike inside.
    Sorry I don't have an answer to your original question.
  • caryscarys Member Posts: 3
    I really don't like the front cup holders. They don't work for regular sized cups. Does anyone know of an after-market solution? If they don't make it yet, somebody will!
  • jorgeorgejorgeorge Member Posts: 22
    I agree.
    The cup holders are not that great. Makes me feel nervous that they are not that secure in there.
    Any solutions?
    There are several solutions including an insert made for another vehicle. I can not mention the site as my post will be removed. Google: cupholders "2006 Rav" and take it from there. If I knew how I'd try to copy some pictures over. Essentially folks have found a part number for another make / model that has rubber staggered inserts that apparently fit the RAVs jumbo holders nicely....
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Pics are easy - upload them to your CarSpace page and then either send people to your CarSpace album or link to the ones you upload there. Detailed instructions are in the Help link at the bottom right of this page.

To set up your CarSpace page, just log in to CarSpace.com with your user name and password and then you can set up your albums.
  • sandi123sandi123 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone install the bugshield? I am thinking about getting the AVS (Auto Ventshade) Bugflector II but read that it is difficult to install. Is there a better one out there that installs easily?
  • desertguydesertguy Member Posts: 730
    That is the title of this forum. What a laugher. I mean just what accessories? My Limited came with a folder showing the "available" accessories (some due in the spring of '06) and none are available. I just came back from the dealer and wanted the bug shield/deflector, the sunroof wind deflector and for sure some protective side moldings. All are not available and they won't even take an order as there is no estimated production date. My car came with the splash guards and DRLs so at least I have those. So I bought some touch up paint and a couple oil filters. Come on Toyota; get on the stick here!

BTW, I had my Sirius radio from my trade in mounted down by the little cubbie on the left side of the steering wheel and it works out great. Much better than the top of the dash mount in my previous Highlander.
    Ok, we'll fix that; no, we won't put zero in the title - there must be something out there somewhere. :shades:
    Hey Steve: It was a little tongue in cheek but there really aren't any model specific things yet. Maybe we could call it "promised" accessories or "hoped for" asseccories. ;)
    Maybe if we keep it open to all generations this discussion will attract some more traffic; most of the buzz is about the newest generation RAV4 anyway.

Maybe you can settle for JC Whitney until Toyota's "Spring" gets here. :shades:
    VERY SIMPLE TO INSTALL! I had this and the VentVisors put on all 4 windows. It took the guy about 7 minutes to install the Bugflector II. No drilling require. It appears sturdy. I wish it came up a bit over the side headlights though. It does cover the nose effectively though.
    "I wish it came up a bit over the side headlights though."

That is why I'm waiting for the custom fit from Toyota. According to Toyota parts guy some of the after market sunroof deflectors don't have a long enough flange to attach properly. I don't want the hassle of finding out they don't fit and having to send them back for a refund. I installed all of these including the vent shades on my previous Highlander with no problems.
  • summerwindsummerwind Member Posts: 1
    If you have an 2006 RAV with a moon roof it is fairly easy to replace the rearview mirror with one that has AutoDim,Homelink,Compass features.

Link to Gentex site

AutoDimming Mirror
    Thanks for the website. I have the mirror on order from Toyota. The Homelink, auto dimming and compass. It was part of my deal for my Limited which will have this mirror later in the year. My agreement is that I will assume the labor charge to install. Looking at the 50 Gen45 which, would be the same mirror, the instructions are 10 pages long so I don't know how easy it would be for me to do. I do have the sunroof.
    I too am very interested in installing the mirror with the compass and auto dim....any other information. I think the mirror alone is a couple of hundred dollars...thanks.

Jimmy Drew
  • promikepromike Member Posts: 35
    Check here: http://rav4world.com/mods/4.3/interior/install_autodimming_mirror.html
    I installed mine myself. Pretty simple with these pics & instructions.
    ...but by the time you get it the damage may be done. For $40 or so you might as well put it on until the better one is available...can likely then sell it on ebay!
    We were in a Target Store today and looking at their auto accessories, I noticed that they had cup holders like you would hang on the door with 5 or 6 spiny fingers to hold the cup. I bought two (they are only 99 cents), clipped the plastic door hook off and since they are tapered I just stuck them in the factory cup holders and they work fine. They will hold my travel cup much firmer than the OEM. They aren't the worlds greatest looking thing but for traveling they are an improvement.
  • ravinglunaticravinglunatic Member Posts: 3
    I found two sources for aftermarket body side moldings

http://www.sportwing.com/catalog/displaycat.pcgi?fm_catid=22&fm_subcatid=103

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=15002506051- 0&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Between the two, there was a four dollar total difference --E-bay offered free shipping, Sportwing was initially less expensive for the product, but when shipping was added, it cost more. I went with e-bay.
    Thanks for the web addresses. Now there is $10 difference in the two. $157 @ Sportwing and $167 on Ebay. Sent the Ebay guy a message. Maybe he will meet the lower price.
This discussion has been closed.