Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln MKZ Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ventr4th. It's great that you found out what the lease rates and residual values are for the vehicles that you are interested in, but you also need to find out what their MSRPs and selling prices are. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. This information will make it easier to tell how good a deal you are getting.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey Damon. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.25% and 49%. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that Lincoln is currently providing on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Damon. Ford Credit charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattq45mattq45 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I am looking to lease a 2008 MKZ this weekend. I went to a dealership last week just to see what my payments would be. without much negotiating it came to $1500 down $315 Month for 36 months 12000 miles a year. I was told that there is a $1000 dealer incentive on the lease. Is this a good deal or can I do better. Would apprecaite anyone information you can share. :D

Thanks,
    Matt
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Can you provide more detail?

What is the MSRP and selling price? What does the $1500 down cover (start-ups or is it all capital cost reduction)?

As it looks, from the computations I have made, that is an excellent lease deal.

Damon
  • mattq45mattq45 Member Posts: 4
    I am not sure of the details - it was done very quickly. The selling price was around $32,150, The list was $34,000. I was just looking at the time. I read a few posts back that someone had purchased a new MKZ for $27,000 is this still possible? Are there any rebates available?

Thanks
  • modonmodon Member Posts: 1
    great site. i have a dealer off on a 2008 mkz , list 30,918. the lease offer is 5500 down, plus first months payment , pay 354 per month. includes all taxes and licenses.
    lincoln is running a special , 319 per month for 39 months, 2500 down, taxes and license extra. i live in missouri which i thohgt taxes only part of the price. the dealer said our county tax of 7.5% would be paid on 40% the first year and like increments. this makes no sense to me. looks like total sales tax if i buy it is 2400 and license in only 50 per year.
    do you know how they figure sales tax in mo. and doesent the 319 sound much better? both 12,000 miles
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Member Posts: 50
    Car Man

Our local dealer has about 10 leftover 2007 MKZ's they'll blow out at cost. I can figure the payment if you can tell me what are the residuals and money rate on a 2007, 30, 36 or 39 month lease with at least 15k a year? Can you still buy more liles at 10-15 cents a mile up front?

Thanks!
  • uthumveeuthumvee Member Posts: 28
    Also looking for residuals and money rates for an '07.

Thanks.
  • 737capt737capt Member Posts: 14
    Anyone have the latest residuals and money factor and any rebates for a 36 month lease on a MKZ FWD in South Florida?
    Here's the information that you're looking for, 737capt. Ford Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 50%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • matthaneymatthaney Member Posts: 29
    Lincoln appears to have a new promo starting 2/1/08 for the $369/ month 39-month 0$ down, $0 sec. dep. Anyone have the lease details for this promo for money factor, residual %, price paid to dealer, as well as any other pertinent details? Appears to be an outstanding money factor and possible a good deal?
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Hello, Carman, my brother in law went to Lincoln dealership to lease a 08 MKZ AWD, MSRP he says $35,950 deal give is 39 months, 12k , $1400 down which he says are the taxes. I wanted to know the Money Factor,residual, and invoice. I am certain that the payment is too high on a 39 month lease vehicle with that much down. Thanks in advance.
    Hi nacho2. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 50%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 1.25% would be equal to a money factor of around .00052. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that Ford is providing on it. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpaabvcpaabv Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2008 MKZ with a MSRP of $36,590. I will negotiate 15,000 miles per year. What are the current residual values and money factors for Ford Credit? What prices have any others out there paid recently?
    Hi cpaabv. ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.75% and 47%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit uses lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • rablawrablaw Member Posts: 16
    Dealer offers 2009 MKZ AWD,
    MSRP of $39,400
    10K miles/yr.
    Alleged money factor of 1.5
    dealer claims resid. on 36 months = 48%
    zero down, $595 bank fee plus $353 DMV reg. fee rolled into cost
    Monthly lease payment would be $600 (i believe incl. taxes)

for 12K miles, Res. value for 36 mos. =47%
    Fair? Sure is a lot higher than the 2008 lease deals a few weeks ago.
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    CarMan, what are the latest MF and residuals on the lease deals Ford is offering on the Lincoln MKZ? They have significant reductions in the MSRP, etc. I'd like to include these in my negotiations. Is it reasonable to expect this?
    Hi timmboj. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 46%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ford is providing employee pricing to everyone on the '09 MKZ right now. This will enable you to get a great price on this car without having to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • jweissi2jweissi2 Member Posts: 15
    Car Man,

Can you please tell me Ford Credit's latest lease rate, residuals and incentives for a 2WD MKZ, 10,500 miles per, 36 and/or 39 month terms?

Thanks!

John
  • thefordguruthefordguru Member Posts: 5
    John,

The lease rates are 0.75 for 36 and 1.00 for 39 (at least for the philadelphia region). I'm not sure where you live. Incentives are the same no matter the term. Right now there is a $1,500 rebate. If you're in a Ford lease now there is also a $1,500 renewal rebate. Hope that helps. Oh, the residual for 36 is 47% and 45% for 39 at 10,500.

John
    I sure can, John. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 10,500 miles per year are 0.75% and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.0% and 45%.

I believe that Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '09 MKZ right now. It is also waiving the first month's lease payment on this car in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Would be interested if you were successful in negotiating a favorable lease and what was the monthly payment for either the 36 or 39 month term?
    Not as of yet. 36 months seems to be cheaper than the 39, with payments in the $390 - $420 range with no money down, exclusive of tax, title, reg, etc. Still trying to find the right color/option combo.
    Have you checked out Lincoln's website? You can track the color/option combo down there. What's your zip and color/option combo? I can probably tell you who has it.

John
    I had the deal negotiated for my mother, but as she was signing the paperwork they switched the term from 36 to 39 months at the last moment. ...can't figure out why. Have the Lease Rate and/or Residual Values changed???

Thanks!
    Yes, the residual and rate will be a little diffrent. I wouldn't worry over it. The payment should have been a little lower though if all the basic elements were the same.
    Can someone please update me on the latest and greatest Incentives, Lease Rate and Residual Values for a 36/39 month 10,500 mile per lease for the 2009 Lincoln MKZ for registration in FLA.

Trying to get this signed for my mother this week or next. (She's waited to the last minute and has limited her choice of color to Red...)

Thank you!
    OK, so I thought I understood how lease payments are calculated, but apparently I must be misinformed. I just spent 15mins on the phone with a dealer who confirmed for a 2009 MKZ with 10,500 miles per annum

36 month 39 month
    Lease Rate: 0.75% 1%
    Residual Value 47% 45%

MSRP: $33,490
    Cap Cost: $29,558

Payment ~$410.00 ~$402.00

He couldn’t explain why the 39 was cheaper…. Can anyone???
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    36 month
    $29558 cap cost
    $15740 residual
    $13817 depreciation / 36 = $384/mo depreciation

39 month
    $29558 cap cost
    $15071 residual
    $14487 depreciation / 39 = $372/mo. depreciation

The extra 2% depreciation results in a lower depreciation per month, because it's spread over a longer term... and more than makes up for the slightly higher interest rate..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

THANK YOU!
  • faellaffaellaf Member Posts: 6
    Can you provide me with the Residual percentage and the Money rates for the 2010 Lincoln MKZ FWD? I'd like them for 36mo and 39mo/10Kmiles. lease. Also, are there any possible "lease" incentives coming down the line?

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jweissi2. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 10,500 miles per year are 0.25% and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.25% and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi faellaf. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKZ FWD with 10,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.25% and 49%.

Ford is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car, but I am sure that it will eventually introduce lease cash on it in a couple of months.

Car_man
    Host
  • faellaffaellaf Member Posts: 6
    Carman:
    On several car forums, there appears a Competitive Bonus Incentive listed as follows "Bonus Cash Lincoln Mercury 2010 Ford Credit Competitive Lease Conquest #32888-National" ($1000.) I currently coming off a lease of a Lexus and am considering the '10 MKZ. I've e-mailed 2 dealers inquiring about the above "incentive. One indicated that I had to have a direct "mailing" offer from Ford in order to qualify. The 2nd dealer stated that the incentive could only be verified once a specific VIN # was entered. Since he had no '10's in stock, he could not verify the incentive offer. Is there any way of verifying (other than relying on the dealer) who qualifies for this incentive?
    Thanks
    faellaf
    Hi faellaf. I was under the impression that all owners and lessees of competitive luxury makes, and Lexus certainly would qualify, are eligible for the competitive bonus incentive. I don't think that you have to receive a direct mail piece, but I am not 100% positive that is the case.

Car_man
    Host
  • theking72theking72 Member Posts: 4
    Anybody have current info re: MKZ lease?

Gracias
  • sammyssammys Member Posts: 30
    As of June 10th can anyone provide lease rates for an AWD MKZ '10 for 36 months?

Thanks!
    SammyS
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    I have two months left on 2006 Zephyr lease for 39 month 10,500 miles. My current payment is $293 (with $0 down). This was a relatively base model car, the options added were the heated/cooled seats, the xenon lights, and the fancy wheels. No NAV or sun roof.

I'm quite happy with the car and would consider doing a similar lease again but looks like the payments are quite a bit more, in the $400 range.

What gives? Did the MKZ become that much more expensive?
  • forthillforthill Member Posts: 34
    Quoted by a Yonkers NY dealer for a 2009 MKZ AWD with only 2 options of moon roof and 17" chrome wheels:
    39 month term
    10.5k miles/year
    lease rate of 1.5%
    $1k down
    $429/month + taxes and fees
    -or- purchase for $30,829

*Monthly rate seems high to me. Thoughts??
    Hi sammys. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ford Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKZ AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,400 bonus cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rj123456. I'm sure that the MKZ is more expensive today than when you leased yours back in 2006, but that's probably not the main issue here. Leasing in general is more expensive today than it was back then.

Vehicles' lease payments are made up of two parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. It retrospect, now that higher gas prices and a slower economy have taken their toll on used vehicle values, manufacturers had been overestimating the future values of vehicles that they were leasing. In many cases, the vehicles that they had leased to consumers were worth significantly less than what they had estimated they would be. This phenomenon caused many banks to take huge, millions and millions of dollars, hits to their earnings and to be more conservative in estimating vehicles' residual values going forward.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man.
    Can you help me out again please with current incentives for the 2009 AWD MKZ, which I hear are set to expire on 6/30/2009? What, and how much, are these incentives?
    A previous poster, forthill, has an interesting deal and I wonder what your thoughts are on it? What is the RV for 10.5k miles on that auto?

Thanks.
    SammyS
    Car_man how about the RV % for 10,500 miles per year?
    Thanks!
    No problem, sammys. Lincoln's new July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 MKZ AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 42%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,400 bonus cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sammys. Ford Credit's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residuals and 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks!

I wonder if there is any lease out for a midsize near luxo mobile in the $300 range. I saw an ad today in our local paper (San Jose Mercury News) for a BMW 328i (def. luxury terrain) for $399. But they wanted $2 or $3K down.
    Actually I reread my lease docs and disagree...the residual value they estimated is $16.4K, which is a little bit LOWER than what they are selling for on Yahoo Cars (16.5-18.5K) and a also lower than Edmunds TMV ($17,443 $18,959 $20,239 for trade-in, private party, and dealer retail).

So what gives?
  • b0ywondab0ywonda Member Posts: 4
    if possible can i have the august numbers
    for 36 mos
    fwd

thank you in advance
    Hi rj123456. I doubt that you will be able to find a near-luxury sedan for $300 per month, perhaps in the high 3's...but not $300. An Acura TSX would probably be in the 3's before tax. The same goes for a base Volkswagen CC.

A Mercedes-Benz C300 would likely be in the low 4's with nothing down. The same thing goes for the Lexus ES 350 and BMW 328i.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.