Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Buick LaCrosse Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi saabguy914. General Motors is not providing lease support on the 2011 Buick Lacrosse any longer. It is now supporting the 2012 model. Its lease cash varies depending upon which bank you lease through, Ally, US Bank, or GM Financial.

GM is currently providing a $4,600 cash incentive on 24 to 27 month leases of the '12 Lacrosse through Ally and $3,600 on 36 to 48 month leases through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks Carman! Can you please break down the incentive dollars? My dealer is pretending like he doesn't know where the $3,600 is coming from. Can you please also provide MF and residual on a 39 mo, 12k mile lease on a 2012 LaCrosse AWD? If different terms offer better support, please provide that as well. Thanks!
  • saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64
    Car_man, I'm sure you're one busy guy but if you could let me know the lease figures ASAP I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to the dealer tonight and want to make sure I'm prepared. Thanks again!
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,854
    Hello, going to be test driving the LaCrosse soon and interested in the MF/Residual and incentives on it. 12K/36M preferred, unless there are any other special shorter terms that look good.

Thanks!!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• dj2006dj2006 Member Posts: 100
    Hi Car Man,

What is the current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS with 15,000 miles per year?

Also for a 2012 CXL with the 2.4 engine?

And are there any cash incentives running now?
    Thanks
    No problem saabguy914. General Motors is definitely providing a $3,600 cash incentive on 39-month leases of the 2012 Lacrosse through Ally.

Ally's base lease rate for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Buick Lacrosse AWD is 2.81%.

GM is currently providing a $3,600 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    I recently leased a 2012 Premium III and through US Bank the interest rate was 1.01% with the 3600 incentive. The 39 month program is the best offer right now.

For the forum:
    2012 LaCrosse FWD PIII w/NAV, Driver Conf, Roof, and Carbon Black paint.
    MSRP: $40,320
    $1200 down including first payment
    $495/month with NJ 7% tax
    39/12K year

• ghyttyghytty Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Could you please post the latest incentives and residuals for the Lacrosse?

Thanks
    Here you go ghytty. Ally's current base lease rate for a 36-month lease of the 2012 Buick Lacrosse is 1.1%. This car's residual values vary by trim level, term, and mileage allowance.

As far as cash incentives go, GM is currently providing a $3,825 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally. It is also waiving the first month's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghyttyghytty Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the information. I am looking at a 39 month lease for a Lacrosse premium II package. Can you tell me the residuals for 10k and 12k miles?

Thanks
  • dj2006dj2006 Member Posts: 100
    Hey Car Man
    Can you post the lease support for Ally, US Bank, or GM Financial>
    24 Month vs 36 month?
    And is there any lease support for 2011's anymore?

And finally what are the rates and residuals for 2012 Premium 1 Hybrid Lacrosses
    Thanks
    No problem ghytty. Ally's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Buick Lacrosse Premium II with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 44%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,825 cash incentive that is currently available on 39 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • foosman9469foosman9469 Member Posts: 14
    Car_man
    I saw a lease deal being offered for a 2011 eAssist + convenience group model for $331/month with $0 down, 39 month lease 39,000 miles. I'm curious how they are reaching this number (MF, residual, discounts)? I'm wondering if I can negotiate this lower.

I am wondering if there are additional incentives, as I saw a $1500 customer cash offer and see dealers listing cars at $1500 off. Can you tell me if there are additional discounts in addition to the $3,825 lease incentive? I think with a 1.1% MF, 44% residual and $3825+$1500 discount, the payment is about $331/month.
    Just got back from dealer:
    - $331/month deal is bogus! It has an additional $1,000 "rebate", which you actually only qualify for if have and use $1,000 earnings from a GM credit card that you've accrued through purchases.

Premiuim I:
    US Bank rebate on any model Lacrosse lease is $4550. $995 acquisition fee, $395 turn in fee.
    Residual = 45%
    MF= .00079
    MSRP: $33,000
    Sales price (w/out negotiating): $32,557
    They had tax credits, so no tax would be charged.
    Total monthly lease=$397/month w/ only first month payment due at signing
    Note: disappointed to not see touchscreen radio in car as shown in brochure. This apparently ships later. The radio looked like something 10 years old...terrible.

Ally rebate is $3825 + 1st payment waived, $845 acquisition, $0 turn in fee. As discussed in other places Ally also charges a $2500 fee at lease-end if you decide to buy the vehicle. I did not get Residual and MF, as the sales person said US Bank had a better overall deal.

No conquest dollars were being offered or additional rebates.
  • carman14carman14 Member Posts: 7
    Carman

What is the best lease deal out there for Lacrosse E-Assist? 2012 year

MF, Residual, for 39 months 10,000 /yr
    edited December 2011
    Hi foosman9469. Did you say that you saw an advertisement for a 2011 Lacrosse at this price? Did you mean a 2012 model? GM has pulled the plug on its lease support for 2011 models, so it doesn't make sense to lease one any longer.

Ally's current special lease rate on the 2012 Buick Lacrosse is 1.1%. This special lease rate can be combined with a $3,825 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on 39-month leases of this car. This cash incentive cannot be combined with the $1,500.

Car_man
    Host
    edited December 2011
    Hi carman14. Please see my previous post for the lease rate and lease cash that are available on the Lacrosse right now. Its 39-month, 10,000 mile pr year residual value is 46% for the Convenience and Leather models.

If I was in the market for a Lacrosse right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the available cash incentives.

I haven't seen anything on the eAssist version yet.

Car_man
    Host
    I meant 2012, not 2011. You are correct that they have pulled support on 2011 leases.
    I thought that was the case, foosman9469. In case you are still monitoring this discussion and haven't finalized your deal yet, I heard that GM just upped its cash incentives on leases of the 2012 Lacrosse by I believe $500 today.

Car_man
    Host
  • rjdilaurorjdilauro Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Hoping you can help me. I'm looking at a 2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II package with AWD. MSRP is $42,130 including Destination Charge and deduction of the $1,500 cash offer.

I tried calculating a lease payment for 39 months at 1.1% with a 44% residual on a price of $39,700 (True Market Value) and I'm coming up with a monthly payment of $583 which seems awfully high. My current lease on a 2008 Infiniti G35 AWD is coming up next month and Infiniti is desperately trying to get me to roll over into a new G37 at or below my current lease paymnt of $525 (which includes a 10% lease tax in Philadelphia).

Am I calculating the LaCrosse payment correctly? If not, there's not much incentive to jump from Infiniti.

Also, I have a pre-approved Ally Bank offer for GM and I see you mentioning a $3,825 cash incentive with them. I know I can't combine that and the $1,500, but how does that work? Would it just be $3,825 off the price instead of $1,500?

Thanks for your help.

Rich
    I'm sure you can't combine the 1500 w/ the 3825, however, I would look up invoice price on the one you are looking at and compute your lease on invoice minus 3825. I bet that gets it close to what it should be. I can't imagine this time of year the dealer not moving a unit at invoice.

My lease details are a few posts up, I would think with some good negotiations you can get this car for a little over 500.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited December 2011
    rjdilauro,

Don't know if you are an American Express cardholder but good deals can be had through their auto buying program.
    http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMXAEM0009&om_rid=AKzSEW&om_mi- - d=_BO8WfTB8fEQZc0&om_lid=axp3

For example, they show the true dealer cost, and a Lacrosse, less the $1,500 incentive, can be purchased for well below invoice. While these deals apply to purchasing I am not sure if they apply to leasing as well.

Hi Rich. If you are leasing through Ally then you would be eligible for the $3,825 cash incentive instead of the $1,500. They cannot be combined.

You should negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you are interested in, as close to dealer invoice as you can, or even lower if possible, and then have the dealer subtract the available cash incentive from that.

If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price of the car that you want I can work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man. Just saw an ad where they lowered the lease from $331/month to $318/month, which corresponds nicely to a $500 additional lease incentive.

I think it may be possible to get a Premium I Lacrosse (MSRP: $33,300) 39month/12k mile lease for < $350 month w/ $0 down. I see online dealers discounting purchases by $3500. I realize there is a $1500 purchase incentive, which means the dealer is discounting another $2000. Add in the lease incentives and I'm thinking you can get:

-$4550 lease incentive
    -$500 additional lease incentive
    -$2000 dealer discount

If this is the case, we are looking at a $7,000 discount off MSRP on a lease.
  • tgaydoshtgaydosh Member Posts: 4
    What is the new lease incentives on a 2012 LaCrosse?
    Hello tgaydosh. General Motors is currently providing a $4,300 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Buick LaCrosse through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • edmundsuser6edmundsuser6 Member Posts: 2
    How long will the $4,300 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Buick Lacrosse through Ally last?
    Hey edmundsuser6. It's currently scheduled to run through the end of February, but I don't expect General Motors to just pull the plug on it after that date. If anything, I expect GM's incentives to continue or perhaps possibly even increase given what has likely been a fairly weak month for the company.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2012
    A Boston area (Columbia Buick-GMC) dealership is offering this lease deal. I am not in the market for a car at this time but this deal seems too good to be true. Here are the details.

2012 BUICK LACROSSE WITH eASSIST & CONVENIENCE GROUP

$289 PER MONTH 39 MONTHS.

Includes $500 owner loyalty cash.
    $1,639 due at lease signing after all offers

The fine print.
    Must be a current owner/lessee of a 1999 model year or newer GM vehicle.
    Example based on national average vehicle selling price. Each dealer sets its own price. Your payments may vary.
    Payments are for a 2012 LaCrosse with an MSRP of $31,290.
    39 monthly payments total $11,271.
    Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing, plus $350 or turn in vehicle and pay a $395 termination fee.
    Mileage charge of $.18/mile over 39,000 miles. Lessor must approve lease. Take retail delivery by 2/29/12.
    Lessee pays for excess wear and tear charges. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers. Residency restrictions apply.
  • danthony1danthony1 Member Posts: 2
    I am considering leasing one @ 18k miles per year.

Anyone know the current rates and lease incentives.

I would want to put out sales tax up front max - 7% (NJ).

Thanks in advance!
    Hi danthony1. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Buick Lacrosse Premium I FWD V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 43%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $4,300 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Lacrosse through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • hk007hk007 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car_Man,

Can Ally's $4300 incentive be combined with my Credit Union discount? In other words, I can get special pricing using credit union discount so I don't have to negotiate the selling price. Can I then get Ally's $4300 lease incentive on top of that?

Also, the residual for 36-month LaCrosse Premium I for 12000 miles per year would be 45% right?
  • danthony1danthony1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me the residual for an 18000 mile lease.
    Hi hk007. I don't know what sort of arrangement your credit union has with General Motors, but you should be able to negotiate a selling price that's pretty close to dealer invoice minus the available cash incentives on this car right now.

You are correct about the residual value.

Car_man
    Host
  • marpiwillmarpiwill Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car_man,

Is the $4300 cash incentive documented on the GM or Ally website. The dealers seem to be unaware of this.

Thank you
    HA marpiwill. The dealers are lying to your face if they say this cash doesn't exist. It actually was increased to $4,575 in March. If the dealer continues to insist that this cash doesn't exist, you may want to think about taking your business elsewhere.

Car_man
    Host
  • pepe11pepe11 Member Posts: 41
    Hello Car_man,
    I'm new to this so am wondering about the $4,575 cash incentive. I'm not really interested in leasing but am wondering if I can get that if I purchase with cash or finance?
    Thanks in advance.
  • pepe11pepe11 Member Posts: 41
    You know, about 8 to 10 years ago these forums were actually very helpful. One could ask for advice on current pricing and/or lease options and a number of people were on here with actual recent first hand experienceand and willing to respond and be helpful. Now they are all but useless. I wonder why Edmunds continues to host this?
    Hello pepe11. The four thousand dollar cash incentive has to be used on a lease through Ally.

If you want to finance this car, you can do so through one of GM's captive finance companies at 1.9% for up to 5 years. You can also pay cash for or finance this car through an independent bank and take advantage of the $1,000 consumer cash incentive that is currently available on this car.

In addition to these incentives, GM is also providing $2,000 to current lessees of and $1,000 to current owners of non-General Motors vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • dj_lbcdj_lbc Member Posts: 7
    Hello Car Man,

I have been offered a lease deal I wanted to run by you. 2012 Lacrosse 2.4 with Premium 1, navigation, premium audio and sunroof. MSRP $38,455, Sell Price $36,358, 39 Month lease, 15,000 mi/yr, 41% residual, $5,480 rebate/cap cost reduction, $595 bank fee reduction, $479.80 cap reduction tax, Adjusted Cap cost $31,473, $863.19 drive off includes 1st month, license fee and tax on cap reduction. Monthly payment $402.73 + $35.24 tax for a total of $437.97/month. How does this look to you?
  • dj_lbcdj_lbc Member Posts: 7
    Made a mistake on my terminology as the $595 is a bank fee, not rebate. Probably not a big difference but wanted to clarify my typo.
    I'm pretty sure you can get a PIII or Touring for the MSRP $38,455 you quoted for the PI. Nonetheless, the monthly payment of $402.73 is a reasonable lease deal for the starting price.
  • ricke2ricke2 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Car Man a follow up to Pepe11 question

I to am interested in leasing a 2012 Buick Lacrosse Hybrid using the 24 month lease advertised by Buick.

http://www.buick.com/tools/currentoffers/results.do

When I do a Google search or look at GM's web site I get the following "There are no manufacturer incentives or cash rebates currently being offered for the 2012 Buick LaCrosse." from truecar.com http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/buick/lacrosse-pricing/

Where are you finding the manufacturer to dealer incentive information?

I am asking so I can use that information while working out a deal with the dealer.

thanks in advance
  • ap19ap19 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, can someone please help me out. I am interested in the new lease offer of 0 down $399 for 24 months. What would be a good price for the Premium 1 (2.4L), Driver Confidence and Entertainment Package. I priced it out on truecar w/$1500 in rebates it came out to $33,842.

Thanks a lot.
    Hi dj_lbc. Yes, this does look like a good deal to me. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ricke2. I don't know of any website that lists them, but there definitely is a ton of cash incentives on leases of the Buick Lacrosse right now. For example, there's $2,850 on 2-year and $4,375 on 3-year leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • gdfaulknergdfaulkner Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car_Man,

I've followed this forum for quite a while and the advice and info you provide is VERY much appreciated. I'm currently looking at leasing a LaCrosse with Touring package and sunroof. MSRP is $40,890 but I also do qualify for GM Supplier Pricing. My dealer is steering me towards this 24-month "Experience Buick" lease with 2 yrs of OnStar, XM, and maintenance included. Advertised pricing is only available at $399 for the Convenience Package, and he's been infuriatingly vague about details on money factor and residuals outside this trim level. I'm getting the sense that these may be more favorable overall with a 36 month lease than the 24 (and also that Ally is throwing more incentives at the 36 month lease). Can you share some current rates and/or advice?

Many thanks in advance.

G
  • forbin404forbin404 Member Posts: 11
    What do I have to bring into the dealer to get the Conquest Lease Non Gm requirement?
    Will registation docs be enough or a copy of the lease document?
  • scandalousscandalous Member Posts: 1
    Here is a question that's been on my mind.

I would like to get a lease on a new Lacrosse, but I do have a trade in which I would be about $4000 upside down.
    My question is would the lease incentive which is over $4000 take care of the negative equity allowing me to lease at a price close to MSRP?
  • forbin404forbin404 Member Posts: 11
    This is difficult as most leases require cash down ESPECIALLY if it is at MSRP.
    Hence your negative trade in just Adds to the cash required.

AKA, how's your credit score? This makes all the difference, but usually the answer is no way.
This discussion has been closed.