Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Vue Real World MPG

13»

Comments

• superbrbsuperbrb Member Posts: 3
    UPDATE - I found out my wife was sitting in school pick-up lane so the mileage was artificially low- Now have been averaging 22 MPG in mixed driving 70/30 city/highway so I am very satisfied with the 4-banger - one key to getting better mileage trying to accelerate slowly and keep RPM's to 2000 or less,,,curiously most drivers do accelerate slowly around my area...
  • superbrbsuperbrb Member Posts: 3
    you have to learn to drive the vehicle smoothly - I got '09 4 cyl and get 26 on the open road and about 20 in city - work on keeping rpms around 2000 and you should see the car up shift when you let your foot off the pedal
  • Hiker67Hiker67 Member Posts: 10
    tstuckert (post # 106) is right; keeping the speed down will help your mileage. We've approached 28-29 miles per gallon on the highway when we keep the RPM's below 2500 or so. I don't like to drive it much above 65 m.p.h., as that sucks the gas down. I prefer 55 or so, but we need to go a little faster on the interstates most of the time. We have a 2004 Vue with the 4 cyl. and a 5-speed manual transmission. We love our Vue again, now that we got around the electrical problems, but that's another forum.
  • timruger1timruger1 Member Posts: 1
    What Chip did you use i have yet to find one?
    what were the results?
  • carinformationcarinformation Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Saturn VUE wondering if every one is getting as bad gas mileage as I am? I took it back after the first 2 weeks and each week I had to filled 3 times. When I bought it it was listed @27 MPG and 30 highway. The car place acts like I didn't know what I was talking about. So I started a journal. Then I needed a printed out receipt. I have now done that and kept track of the fact they put air in the tires I am now getting 20 MPG 20.1 to be exact. That is more then 5miles difference PG! Is there not a buyers satisfaction on what is listed for these used cars. Or can people take the viehcal for a week to test drive and see if it is replicable? huc :surprise:
  • mikeburekmikeburek Member Posts: 4
    On a good run, I get 23 mpg, on a bad run, I get 20 mpg. I have a 2004, 4 cylinder, stick shift. The MPG sticker is a joke, I think real world is usually 60-80% of listed. If find a really good lawyer, you could be the one to take down the system. Also, some car magazines will list what their tests shows for real world mpg. Sometimes you can get dealerships to let you test drive for more than just around the block. For me, I've had less success over the years of getting a long test drive period.
  • ellobo1ellobo1 Member Posts: 4
    My 09 V6 AWD has been getting around 17-18 60% city and 40% freeway.
  • meajemeaje Member Posts: 1
    :D All of the documentation about Ethanol enriched Gasoline is that you trade 15% fuel economy for better air quality.... The whole thing about saving planet earth you know...
  • i_gladiatori_gladiator Member Posts: 4
    :( That is what I get on my 2009 Hybrid Vue. I took to the dealer but they said everything was perfect, and blamed on my driving condition…
    Is your vehicle hybrid?
    If so, I think your battery engine is not working. I read someone here stating that there was loose ground wire on his car under the hood junction box. Once it was repaired, he stated that it went to 35mpg. Anyhow, I had no luck finding this ground wire. I think the middle battery charge/discharge gauge below the ECO light should move to discharge mode when using the battery engine, but never seen it moving to right side.

Anyone knows how to fix it?
  • tallnurse83tallnurse83 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, new here and thought I would add some input. I bought my 06 Vue in October of '13 used and I have about 5 months and 7k miles in mine since I bought it. I got the 4 cyl 5 speed manual. I have noticed my fuel economy differ from the type of gas I use to how I drive too. My best was 28 mpg average and worst was 19 mpg average. The worst was using crappy gas so now I found a local gas station that sells 87 octane gas without ethanol added. Now I am between 25-27 mpg in the winter driving. I notice if I do a lot of coasting and hypermiling I see my fuel economy jump to upper 20's. If I go over 65 mph on the freeway my mpgs drop to the low 20's. At 65 mph I am seeing about 25-27 mpg depending on wind. I know doing a K&N air filter swap will give me a slight boost in FE, but I was wondering if anyone has tried a 5th gear swap with say a cobalt or a cavalier? Or possibly a final drive swap to go from the 4.41 to the 3.94 ratio? I have heard doing a swap could lower my freeway roms from 3000-2200 and increase my FE to the lower to mid 30's. Any insight would help...thanks!