Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Hybrid Transmission Problems

Comments

• wds13196wds13196 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2011
    I’ll try and make a long story short. Run away from the 2003-05 Civic Hybrid, 01-05 HX, 01-05 GX and early Insights. If you already have one the below may help.

When starting from a stop the car feels like it is going over a cobble stone street for first few MPH. Also when coasting thru a turn never coming to a stop and without applying the brakes the car stated surging, like it was going into to a lower gear then coming back to a high gear, repeatedly about 3-4 times before hitting the gas and everything back to normal Just like when you put a manual in to lower a gear for too high a speed. Hitting the gas would also cause a jolt when coasting.

Please refer to the following Honda TSB’s
    TSB 07-049 calls for the start clutch replaced and
    TSB 07-050 calls to have the lower valve body replaced and the software updated in the Civic Hybrid. But in the Insights, Civic HX and GX they call for the CVT to be replaced all-together. Both TSB’s point to class action lawsuits and the warranty has been pushed to 7 years or 105,000 miles

Branshing does nothing… the problem will come back in a thousand miles. For those that have had the start clutch replaced multipul times, my thought is that the lower valve body needed to be replaced as well.

Change the CVT fluid often, manual says every 20,000. I would change every time you change the oil. Both the CVT and Engine only require 3.5qt of fluid and make sure to use CVT fuild. Honestly changing the CVT fluid is easier than change the oil.
    Please refer to the following Honda TSB’s
    TSB 07-049 calls for the start clutch replaced and
    TSB 07-050 calls to have the lower valve body replaced and the software updated in the Civic Hybrid. But in the Insights, Civic HX and GX they call for the CVT to be replaced all-together. Both TSB’s point to class action lawsuits and the warranty has been pushed to 7 years or 105,000 miles

Forgot branshing the clutch or replacing the EGR, neither works...
  • hch_doctorhch_doctor Member Posts: 17
    How much is the seller asking for the car? Also what city and state is it located in?
  • hondaouthondaout Member Posts: 5
    Stay Away! You will be angry later!! My 2003 Odyssey tranny just went out and my mechanic fixed it and then said sell it, because it will go out again. Honda knows the problems and they don't care!!! RUN...Honda wanted $4,500 to fix after we serviced the original transmission a week before with them.
  • rikfrerikfre Member Posts: 57
    Honda does not treasure their customers. I speak with authority on this issue. They manufacture defective vehicles and then look the other way when they fail. The dealerships use these defects to pad their own pockets. I hope someone finds a way to prove this relationship because it would lead to one heck of a lawsuit! I will never buy anything made by Honda again. :lemon:
  • fmrhchownerfmrhchowner Member Posts: 1
    My 2004 Civic hybrid CVT just failed at 165,000 miles. It really gave no indication of anything wrong beforehand, except maybe a slight hesitation when going down hill with no foot on the pedal. Dealer said that the initial indication was an electronic part burn out, $400. They wouldn't guarantee that would fix the problem though. After that new part did not fix the problem, the next diagnostic step was for them to call Honda. Honda said the flywheel replacement was next for another $2400, and if that did not fix it, then another $2,400 for a new transmission. So I used the modest remaining trade value to buy another car and moved on.

Otherwise I really liked the HCH. Was getting 44 mpg at the end and otherwise everything about the car worked fine.

I'd be cautious about buying another Honda with CVT, though.
    The Dealership achieved their aim. they separated you from your money. I have no evidence, but I'm quite sure the dealership knew your transmission was shot. Although they deny it, Honda Corporate encourages this sort of thing. That is why I will never buy anything made by Honda again.
  • suckered3suckered3 Member Posts: 1
    My 2004 honda civic hybrid transmission has just bit the dust and matt cattrucci said that honda won't even consider helping me with it. Don't waste your money with either of these companies!
  • dugaduga Member Posts: 1
    You mention Class Action Lawsuits. Do you have any more information on that?

After 127,000 miles, my CVT transmission failed. While under extended warranty, my clutch/flywheel were replaced after I was forced to do a $257 fluid change. I strongly believe this was a delaying measure. I've had to do tranny fluid changes every other oil change to stop the shuddering problem.

I now face a $4900 charge to replace my CVT transmission. I am forced to do it. I feel either a class action needs to be brought against Honda and/or Honda Care.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The forums cannot be used to organize legal actions and posts that do are removed. Please do not post asking others to send information or to collect names, etc.
    Your tranny may be covered by a 7 year/105,000 mile extended warranty. Refer to TSB 07-049 and 07-050. Good luck
  • haroldwharoldw Member Posts: 8
    On December 17, 2010, my IMA battery failed. I purchased my 2003 HCH new November 15, 2002, which comes to my ownership period of 8 years, one month and 17 days, and out of warranty. I had 45,180 miles on it.
    Other than tires and oil changes, I always took it to Passaic Honda for repairs, new battery, etc.
    I drove it to Passaic Honda. It was drivable, although all the trouble lights were lit. The dealership said that the battery pack needed replacement,, and gave me a price of $2642.00 plus tax. I asked them to call American Honda in California for help. They called, but said I had to call them for possibly a "Goodwill Repair". American Honda said that since I had all my repairs done at the dealership, they would replace my battery pack for a token charge to me. MY SHIP HAD COME IN!!!!! They paid 90% and I paid 10%, which came to $275.00!!
  • coffeebean10coffeebean10 Member Posts: 1
    Sorry to be a bother, but I took my car to Honda and they said that the issue is I need a new start clutch kit. The car has 119K on it and I was told that the TSB 07-049 does not apply in this case due to the miles on the car. Are they right as this is all new to me (again, my aplogies)? Also, should I have not received some type of notification for this?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.
  • jawilsonjawilson Member Posts: 20
    Coffebean 10 (I'll just call you "CB"),

My clutch failed at 25K miles and many others failed at 40K, 50K, 75K etc. In an 8-year old civic hybrid, your most likely failure is the battery pack. In a manual transmission, over 100K miles is usually time for the clutch pad replacement. I'm not sure how the Prius is doing, but I don't hear much about CVT failures there. On the other hand Consumer Reports doesn't seem to list significant transmission problems in the Civic Hybrid--in spite of the listing on this forum and TSB 07-049.

I expect you will have to pay for it, but it doesn't hurt to ask (insist, complain, threaten?) Good luck, CB
  • crimesceneufcrimesceneuf Member Posts: 3
    Hi folks,

Let me chime in with my experience with this issue. Background:

2005 HCH, 127K miles, No other major issues besides the recall for the IMA reprogramming back in '06/07ish (if one calls that major).

Judder has been in existence for quite some time, but post 100k. It seemed like a nuisance but has not progressed into becoming a problem. I never new about this issue because I could not quite describe it. I called it hesitation from 0, but didn't think to type in CVT problems 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid into a Google Search. Whoops! Not like it matters, though.

I brought the civic in and the tech called it a "jutter." Go search that in google and wind up here and many other forums with very irritated people / enemies of Honda. Well the dealer told me that they were going to perform the warranty service bulletin work on the HCH and called late in the day to tell me that they need to keep it over the weekend because this servicing did not fix the issue. Go figure that when I find this forum, my only option is to get another tranny that may go bad in 10k or 127k. All I know is that my HCH is okay for now..., but I will: 1) keep losing equity, 2) face IMA failures soon at a price tag of ~$2,500, and 3) need to dish out $2 - 6,000 for a transmission (why the variance in price, I will never know).

So, it looks like I will be car shopping over the weekend. Time to cut my losses and move on. But a note to the Honda haters in this forum... my previous '97 Civic LX lasted 8 years, resisted my bat out of hell high school years (yeah, I was hard on that car), took 312k miles, and still sold for $1,500. I took care of that car and it served me well. On average, I suppose I am still in the green with Honda, but I will never get a CVT with them again that's for sure.

More news from the dealer to let you know what they did / propose they will do / and how much. Either way, I will most likely refuse serving and seek trade in promptly!
    update on this case: dealer took a few days to work on this. They tried service bulletin fixes, no dice. They asked me to change my CVT fluid for a bit less than 100 bucks, and that seemed to do the trick.

I can still feel a bit of a hesitation, but it is mounds better than before. It seems like what someone posted here a few months back makes sense. Change your CVT fluid and change it often (as often as you change your oil). I am going to work by that mantra and save up for a new vehicle. It seems like the going rate for a '05 HCH is about $4,500. As long as I can get one more year out of this car before the IMA goes or before the transmission goes, I suppose I am a leg up.

Time to start saving!
  • marcello1marcello1 Member Posts: 1
    This all sounds exactly like what I have been finding when I shopped for a HCH this past month. I already own a HCH (03) with a 5 speed manual tran. I fixed the IMA pack based on an article I read in Home Power magazine last summer.

I wanted a second HCH, with a CVT, for the wife. But every place I looked either wanted waaayyy too much for a working HCH or, for a reasonably priced HCH, the tranny and IMA pack were trashed. Honda indeed made a series of lemons with the CVT trannys! And probably the battery packs too! Keep away from Honda hybrids! Especially the early ones! (2000-2010). Maybe the new models are ok, but only time will tell. I would rather not be the test mouse though. Not at those prices anyway! LoL!

If you really want a HCH with a CVT though, get used to the idea of a $100 flush and fill tranny servicing every year! (This a DIY. A service place would want about 2 to 3 times that much.)
    Do you have a link to that IMA replacement article? How difficult was this?

The DIY transmission flush is ONLY IF you have the right tools or you will get insanely frustrated. Honda puts those fittings on tight tight tight; so do your research first and make sure you have everything you need. Once you do it, you will find it to be pretty easy...but the first time will be a hoot.
  • rossfreerossfree Member Posts: 2
    Marcello,

I just ran across this thread. I will likely be rebuilding my IMA pack very soon as well. How did that work out for you? Did it make a big difference? Is it still functioning well? Thoughts or suggestions on a used pack?

Thank you,

Ross
    rossfree@comcast.net
  • wilbresslwilbressl Member Posts: 1
    Can someone explain to me what a slipping transmission sounds/feels like on a hybrid? I just bought a used 2007 honda civic hybrid and it drives very peculiarly.
    You should describe how the car is driving. Hybrid cars are very different than regular cars, especially in the transmission. They have no definate 'shift' between gears as they are infinitely variable between low and high range. Several people have asked if the trans was slipping when riding in my civic hybrid. Here is one completely torn apart if it will help you :)http://hchdoctorstransmissionpage.yolasite.com This is a 2008 model, but the transmission is the same as in a 2007.
  • haroldwharoldw Member Posts: 8
    If you test drove the car before you bought it, you would have noticed how it drove.
    The HCH (Honda Civic Hybrid) transmission is called a CVT, which stands for Continuously Variable Transmission, which speaks for itself.
  • mb013962mb013962 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2012
    our 2004 HCH goes in P,R,N,D,L,and S but it doesnt drive as if its in neutral. any help? btw weve changed the flywheel already....this is our second C.V.T. that we replaced ourself....at 182,000 miles the original tranny failed....this new one failed at 189,000 miles.
    irregardless of what the drivers manual says..you should be changing the transmission fluid every 8,000 to 10,000 miles. anything over that causes transmission failure because the fluid easily breaks down and causes parts failure.
    I am not a technician. I have an '03 HCH with original transmission(125k miles). I learned about this here and its quite true. Honda just wants your car to break down so you would buy another. I will never buy anything made by Honda again.
    thanks for the advice, btw what fluid do you use? we use the ATF DW-1...according to the old 2004 honda manual it says to use to ATF Z1, but the dealer said that the DW-1 is the new fluid...We didnt use the traditionally CVT fluid because we believe that is what screwed up the tranny in the first place.
    ive checked numerous websites and it says to use the new CVT fluid, i guess we'll try it this weekend.
    I only use the new honda CVT fluid. I call it liquid gold because of it's ridiculous price. Yes, there are many synthetic ATF fluids out there, but Honda has made sure that only theirs works.
  • jmvegajmvega Member Posts: 1
    A mechanic client of mine told me that the transmission was on recall after I he had the car for a different issue.
    I when to the local dealer, were I bought the car and the employee acknowledge there was a recall to make an appointment to have the car check that the problem was before the car reached the 15 miles of speed.
    My car has always sort of be hold back when I accelerate within that range of speed mentioned by the man at the Dealership.
    Like is said, I never received a letter or information or any kind about the recall.
  • hybridmomhybridmom Member Posts: 1
    My 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid was resurrected (almost) from the grave today.

We have been having transmission issues for the last year. Our trusted and beloved local mechanic has flushed it with transmission fluid. But looked like we were going to have to spring for a whole new transmission (in this car with 125k miles…)

Today I brought the car in to the local dealer (not quite as beloved…) for an Official Honda recall to have the software and something in the airbags fixed. I asked them to check out the transmission problem as well.

It turns out our mechanic has been putting the WRONG transmission fluid in it. They put the “right” fluid in today at the Dealer and it is like my little friend has been raised from the dead! My marriage is saved (“how can you drive that way!?”), I don’t have to disown my children (“How can you drive that way!?) Now that the car no longer lurches, I am not quite sure what my family will have left to talk about.

The civic hybrid needs “CVT fluid”…(CVT=continuous variable transmission). I knew that the Toyota Prius has a “continuous variable transmission”. But I thought (and apparently my mechanic also thought…) that the Civic Hybrid was a plain old engine with an extra battery attached.

I hope you can learn from my mistakes.....
  • jpohlingjpohling Member Posts: 7
    Do not get a transmission from this company!

Do not do it! I cannot express my feelings enough! Just do not allow Rami Transmissions or YS&D Engine to supply you with a remanufactured (suposedly) transmission. If you live within walking distance of the shop them perhaps you have a chance in hell of receiving satisfaction. Unfortunately If you are using them via the internet to provide you with a replacement transmission then prepare to be ripped off!

The deceit and dishonesty runs throughout this FAMILY operation. Do some research and you will find that there are a number of unsatisfied customers. The 5 star reviews are from the family members themselves! I only wish that I had done a bit more due dilegence when researching this sham of an operation. Look at Kudzu.com 5 star review from ykadoch ! this is the e-mail address for the company! HAHA Check out showmelocal all bad reviews. I just wish I had done more homework before purchasing from them 3000 miles away.

All family members are obviously trained in the ways that they operate. I have not found one honest person on the other end of the phone yet. Rami, Amir, the wife, etc. All well versed in the art of telling you exactly what you want to hear with out ever delivering.

They knew all the right things to say on the phone, and seemed very knowledgable on the transmission issues. Remanufactured transmission with 2 year warranty (HAHAHA) with free torque converter and in line filter available for reasonable price! I took the hook! Initial purchase and shipping happened very quickly, But the transmission they supplied had issues from the start! Troubleshooted the problems directly with Rami! Thought it may have been a selenoid or something on my end. Replaced selenoids. This was never the problem. Rami finally says..............I will send you a replacement!

At this point I am thinking its just my luck, but I do not want to belive I am being scammed. 2 months later............... excuse after excuse, need to wait for a core to rebuild one (what about my core that I returned that you never credited my account the $450.00 for the core refund?) Oh we just rebuilt three, waiting for the dyno to check. OK all 3 are good sending today. Wait wait , call for tracking number. Given bogus number. Call shipping company..........NO we never had a pick up for you!. Oh now Dyno is broken waiting for Dyno repair to test. OK, wait wait wait. OK here is pick up number xxx using new shipper. I call shipper! Oh yeah we have pick up scheduled, But we do not even deliver to California! WTF! This is over a period of several weeks where they dodge your phone number. I am now only getting thru by using friends cell phones from out of state numbers!! OMG then the numerous hang ups on me and the promisses to call back. And all of this is using “God willing” and other just rediculous comments that try to allude to the fact that they are somehow honest! HAHAHA

So in short! Do some more research! These people are scam artists. Luckily my Credit Card company agrees and I did not wait to long to start the restitution process, but these people are crooks and should not be allowed to prey on people on the internet. I am actually happy at the outcome now, because even if they had come thru somehow in the end I would not ever trust the transmission that they would have shipped to me so good riddance RAMI TRANSMISSIONS!

PS Rami transmissions..............its been over a week and I havent received the return phone call you promised “on your word” to return that day!
    Update! Never heard word one from Rami! No attempt at making things correct for the customer. No refund to my credit card from the transmission and torque convertor that was returned for a core charge of $450.00.

I had the transmission rebuilt locally and the vehicle is back in service! running nicely. Visited the rebuilder today to take pictures of the replaced parts. Removed parts were newly installed. Transmission from Rami had been rebuilt. Problem was the servo body was warped causing the shift valves to not function properly. This was an internal transmission issue that Rami should have warrantied immediately as they promised! instead of dodging my calls and all responsibility. That is inexcusable as a service / parts provider.

It is one thing to entice people to purchase based upon a longer warranty period. In this case two years as opposed to the one year I now have. But if you never intend on making good on the warranty its really just a sales ploy to hook people.

The biggest issue that is just unforgivable is to be an outright crook and not return your core charge. That is just plain thievery. And there is absolutely no defense for it! The shipping manifests have been published here for all to see. There is no question that they received my transmission and have not credited my account. So in my mind they can make every excuse in the book why they did not honor their warranty, but how do you explain plain and simple stealing $450.00 from a customer for a refundable core DEPOSIT?

It is really a shame that because they had a rebuild of theirs go wrong with a faulty servo body that they chose to blow me and my $1770.00 off and even in one post telling me to shove it! Is the reputation of their company really only worth a few thousand dollars?

I hope what they are starting to feel is the power of the internet and the sharing of information. One persons experience can make a difference. It will continue to be my goal to share my experience and spread the word that YS & D Engine and Transmission, doing business as Rami Transmission are without a doubt thieves. And I challenge them to disprove that fact.
    so this was for a honda civic hybrid with a cvt?
    No, this was for an Odyssey, but they specialize in the honda cvt trannies.
  • hegdolhegdol Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 111,000 miles. We bought used with 15,000 miles. We first noticed a shudder, like driving over rough pavement, when accelerating from a complete stop to about 5 miles per hour, every time we came to a stop, last July. This happened to coincide with 2 new tires on the front. We were on a 2,000 mile trip and thought it was just the new tires. Didn't seem like a big deal. Well it took me until a month ago to finally go back to the tire shop where owner completely balanced the tires and when he finally got in the car immediately said "that's the transmission". Doh! I never said anything to my mechanic because I thought it was a tire issue and he never noticed it. So I took it back to my mechanic who told me to take it to a transmission shop and ask for a transmission service, he thought it might be a stuck valve and the centrifuge might knock it back into place but not to say that to the transmission people there because they would immediately want to take it apart. The shop wanted to do a full transmission flush which I agreed to, but when he drove the car told me not to waste my money on the flush because the transmission was going and needed to be rebuilt, roughly $3,000. I insisted on going ahead with the flush which he did. When I went to pick up the car this afternoon he said "I don't know what happened, it's a complete miracle! The shudder has completely stopped." Definitely worth doing the flush first.
  • macuser48macuser48 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid and the transmission has been giving me problems from day one and every time I have the dealer work on it, I get a new problem. now the transmission wines in forward gear.

I don't plan on taking it back to West County Honda if I can help it. The dollars just seem to fly out of the wallet when I do.
  • stan29stan29 Member Posts: 13
    If you read the more than 350 coments (I stopped counting at that point) you will see we all have been had by Honda. This car from 2003 to 2006 was poorly designed re:transmission/computer/and catalytic computer. The car was recalled in Japan, but our Government would not insist that Honda do the same in this country. The irony is that some "genius" started a class action law suit not about our problems, but rather the belief that Honda lied about projected gas mileage. That is the only thing on this sorry car that works great...still getting great mileage after 175000 miles on my 2003; 40-50mpg and more in warm weather than cold, but seriously needing a FOURTH transmission. Yes, they replaced the original and second transmission due to the 100K mile warranty I purchased at time of sale. Saved $6000 on the two. Now they want 3500 for the next one. No way will they get another dollar of my money. Good Luck. Stan29
  • annie57annie57 Member Posts: 1
    This car was recalled for this problem and mine was repaired by a dealer at no charge two years ago. The juddering is happening again so I'm calling the dealer again today. Part of the fix IS to flush the transmission--hope you didn't have to pay for it.
    I got rid of mine but, flushing the fluid is a waste of time once the jutter starts. I would recommend changing your tranny fluid every time you change the oil. I know it's excessive but seems to help.
  • bobguynnbobguynn Member Posts: 11
    That would make for an expensive "oil change"....even with a 10,000 mile interval!
    its expensive..but it works....!!
  • bobguynnbobguynn Member Posts: 11
    If money's no object...trading it in on a new Prius would also work!
    I'll offer up my reasoning. I believe Honda dropped the recommend change interval from 30k to 20k. I think it shoud be even lower due to the fact there is only 4-5 quarts , can't remember exactly, in the transmission. Similar to wants in the crankcase and just as thin. These issues are not limited to the hybrid but the GX, HX and Insight as well. Any with the early cvt.
  • s0m3f00ls0m3f00l Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone ever fix this issue permanently? Did anyone have any luck with Honda or with the dealership? Did anyone ever find out about a Lawsuit against Honda for this shudder/ judder issue?
    we dont know about the shudder/judder problem but we do know the cure for a failed honda civic hybrid cvt....the "cure" is to replace the flywheel...we replaced it twice...the original we had from new with 182,000 miles on it...the second one we installed last september (2011) and that lasted about 7,000 miles....the third one we put in this july (2012) and the car worked...BUT we forgot a part when putting back the cvt which caused a fluid leak, so the car doesnt work now because of driving w/out fliud....thats besides the point, though...all im saying is that the flywheel Might be related to the shuddering problem...btw you can check out my youtube channel "mb013962" for videos about our 2004 hch's cvt problems
    The flywheel has nothing to do with the shuddering problem. The problem with the flywheels is that the splines strip in them, causing a no-drive, no-reverse situation. The 1st generation HCH had a 4 disk start clutch, they had a bad shudder problem. The 2nd gen HCH start clutch was re-designed with 5 clutches. The rest of the transmission went essentially unchanged with only minor valve body recalibrations. The shudder problem disappeared. Also haven't heard of any flywheel stripping problems. Other problems have shown up such as the input shaft bearing on the drive pulley in the intermediate plate going bad.
  • meg51meg51 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all--I know this is an old thread, and I've read all 48 pages of it and learned a lot, but was hoping I could still post here for some advice as I'm still not sure which way to go:

2004 HCH, 160K miles. Drove it a *lot* the first couple years so I first experienced judder back in ~2006/2007; dealer confirmed they were seeing a lot of cars coming in with this issue but they didn't know what to do other than flush the trans. By the time Honda extended the warranty, I was past the 100K mile mark. A couple more flushes have kept the judder (which was always worst starting from a stop) at bay but in the last few months I've experienced a whine, especially when accelerating. In the last several weeks there's been a helicopter noise under the hood, as someone else described. Took it in and they say I need a new CVT for $4100, which mysteriously dropped to $3900 after I expressed doubts about wanting to do it. Dealer says this would be the last major repair I'd need to make on the car since I already replaced the battery pack in early '11. I was surprised to hear him try to talk me into the repair as opposed to trying to sell me a new car. Any thoughts on why?--is it indeed because they make more on repairing the quality defects Honda manufactures, or would you all in this position go for the repair? After reading posts on here I'm inclined to tell the dealer that I don't trust that their rebuilt transmission will last another 150K miles. On the other hand, this car is paid for, so I'd really prefer not to be stuck with car payments again and I'm the type of person who drives my cars til they can't go another foot. Any thoughts on which way to go? Any point in contacting the national number? Thanks!
    Don't bother. I maintained my motor and trans on my '03 HCH immaculately to no avail because of the Big battery and cat converter/O2 sensor issues & problems. I am dumping this lemon since Honda Corporate will not respond to my inquiries regarding these problems. Honda is not a good company and allows its dealerships to abuse customers by leveraging design/engineering flaws into big money. I've had enough. :lemon:
    edited October 2012
    :lemon: Glad to here you got some miles out of it. Mine started having major issues around 50K. I would sell it, that's what I did with mine. Even with a new tranny you will be replacing it again in 30,000-50,000 miles because they still sell you the flawed design. Major issues on these models with CVT or Hybrid, the cats, the IMA battery and the tranny. If you wanted to fix the tranny, I would have the valve body inspected and fixed and then the starter clutch and decrease the drain/fill interval on the tranny to every time you change the oil. :lemon:
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2012
    I have an 07 and this is the only BIG problem I have not run into YET. Maybe in my model year some of the issues with the CVT have been solved. I am at 89K miles and no issues. Of course I am on my 2nd IMA battery and had the rear control arms replaced due to the cupping issue on rear tires. I will say that these repairs that total about $4500 cost me $0 due to warranty and fighting with Honda America. Now my A/C is working intermittently for the past few months, more off than on. Im about done with this car. Has everyone seen that the class action is open now and we have 6 months to get our claim forms in. we basically get $200, warranty extension of 1 year/12k miles and up to $1500 off of a new Honda if we sell our Hybrid and trade it in.
  • jvretired0624jvretired0624 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Honda Civic..the car just began to slip from time to time After warmed up..it has 088514 miles. Mechanic said I need a new Transmission. I have not been notified by the dealer on the recall YET I have received a letter from Honda with a note saying they wanted to buy as many of the 2004 & 2005 Hondas--including mine--why? I s there a recall on the year of 2005. IF SO What is the number to call? Thanks