Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Accessories and Modifications

2»

Comments

• waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    How long was the SC on the car before having the problem? Was it professionally installed? Has it been tuned?
  • lorddrago1lorddrago1 Member Posts: 19
    I've actually fixed the problem. I installed an a/c eliminator that also works as a tensioner. The supercharger was not originaly installed properly,it was not at the same angle as the rest of the pulleys.with the new tensioner it has taken the stress off the factory one. It now builds 18psi of boost with 600 horsepower
    Is that a stock motor? If so, 18lbs of boost is about 6lbs more then what is safe and that car would be a ticking time bomb. 450 rwhp is the absulte max on a stock motor and many experts think 400 is high enough. Please fill me in. 600 hp is a lot from a mod 2V motor. I can only assume this is a crate motor or it has been built. Who built the motor?
  • lorddrago1lorddrago1 Member Posts: 19
    It's far from stock. It was built by proline racing,the same people who build engines for Tim Lynch. It has forged crank,rods and pistons,at about 8:1 compression, an AODE trans with brake.
  • topdown8topdown8 Member Posts: 2
    I have a convertible roof that looks to be in very good condition, however it is leaking a the bottom left corner of the rear window. Any ideas on how to stop it?
    2002 mustang.
  • southernmustansouthernmustan Member Posts: 1
    Anyone swap out their stock Mirrors for the Agent47 Retro race Mirrors???

They are awesome and really improve the look.

Ken
  • gmedeiros83gmedeiros83 Member Posts: 2
    I got a 96 gt with BBK intake and BBK stainless exhaust. Was planning on changing the mass airflow sensor, putting in a bigger throttle body, and swapping out the exhaust manifolds for some shorty headers. Just curious if there are any cheaper ways of adding more power and if any of these ideas are a waste of money. Also take any suggestions on adding a chip.
    Swapping the MAF is a complete waste of time. The MAF is designed to support about 400 hp, so unless you have made major modifications to the car, the MAF needs to be left alone unless it is damaged. One way to know for sure is to read the voltage from the MAF off a datalogger. If it is pegged at 5 volts, then it needs to be upgraded. Unless the car has a turbo or Supercharger, then a MAF upgrade is not needed. One exception would be if the fuel injectors are upgraded.

The stock headers on a Mustang are pretty efficient. Shorty headers are good for a solid ZERO hp unless the car has forced induction (turbo, supercharger). If it does, you might see a small gain. Long tubes are good for about 10 to 20 hp on a Mustang with forced induction.

You can upgrade the TB and upper plenum and get about 10 hp on your car.

However, the big opportunity that you are missing is upgrading the heads and cams. The 1996 to 1998 cars suffer from a crappy head design. The 1999 to 2004 cars made 40 more hp because of this. If I had a 1996 car I would go with ported heads and a nice set of cams and you get add about 100 hp, but expect to pay about $3000 especially with a chip and dyno tune.....more for installation.
  • grog04grog04 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 01 GT 4.6 with 50,000 KM on it and would like to super charge it. Any tips or recomendations are appreciated.
  • sawebersaweber Member Posts: 1
    Im curious if anyone has an idea where would be a good point to connect an exciter wire connection or (ignition on) connection to trigger a relay to power accessories.

Although I am aware of how to find a location, I was curious if there is a standard point that ford identifies for this purpose. Thank you
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    No standard. Just test the fuses until you find one. You can buy a special fuse insert that allows you to piggyback a power connection while still maintaining the fused protection.
  • xc141fexc141fe Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I have an 07 GT and want to know if I can upgrade my dash to include the "MY COLOR" option without a whole lot of headaches, and anyone have any idea of the cost?
This discussion has been closed.