Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Nissan Altima

Comments

• Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Omigod, I've finally come across someone
    that can tell the minor differences between
    a particular model car spanning between
    1993 and 2007! I am very impressed,
    Maxamillion. I have to tell you, in my last
    three purchases of Nissans in the past 11
    years, not one salesman had the knowledge of
    the cars like you do. You see, I happen to
    be the same way. I can differentiate the
    year models of various cars just by certain
    minor exterior changes and interior changes,
    i.e., like the Pathfinders starting from
    the year, say, '92-'93, having a totally new
    dashboard in the '94-'95 models, redesigned
    in '96, refreshed in 2000; more horsepower
    in 2001. That is so cool! I have to say,
    I test drove a 2005 Murano last July and I
    happened to get a salesman who knew less
    about the car than I did. Now, mind you,
    I don't sell cars, but I love 'em. I kind
    of felt bad for the guy, as he was an older
    gentleman and I think he was fairly new.
    Needless to say, I don't think he's still
    employed at the local Tampa Bay Nissan
    dealership.

I hope I can get someone as knowledgeable as
    you when I shop for my new purchase because
    that is truly refreshing!

By the way, I can't wait to see the 2007
    Altima. I used to drive a '95 Altima GLE.
    It was the purplish-blue color (Can't
    remember the name of the color right now),
    but I used to get so many complements on that
    color. People would come up to me at the
    car wash with the most popular question:
    "Is it purple or is it blue?" LOL.
    It was a very reliable car also.
  • Options
    maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    I've been in love with Nissan's since the 2000 Maxima debuted.
  • Options
    flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    We have a 2005 SE 3.5 w/Auto, safety package and sport package. Today, went to the dealer I got my Versa from and informed them we want a 2007 SE. Should be in 2 months...

Tony :shades:
  • Options
    phil24phil24 Member Posts: 1
    Flightnurse,

Since you sell Nissan's for a living I have a question for you. I hope you can help me out. First, sorry to hear your 2005 Altima was totaled. I too have a 2005 Altima. It's the 3.5 SE. I really love the car. However, from time to time I feel a vibration which I think is in the tranny.

I thought it might have been the road given the lower profile tires on the SE but it seem the vibration happens around 40 - 50 mph on many different roads.

Have you heard similar complaints? That is the only issue I have with the car. It has 15,000 miles on it.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

What do you think of the 2007 Altima's?

Thanks

Phil
  • Options
    Phil, the 07 Altima isn't out yet, wont be until End of Sept or Early Oct (this what my dealer tells me) but from what we have seen of the car, and the options you can get this should push it over he top for them regarding the Camry vrs Accord Vrs Altima battle..

Tony
  • Options
    I had noticed similar vibration when operating my 05 Altima as well and I also had an issues with my transmission feeling like it was in neutral sometimes when I put it into "D4" on my 05 Altima. As far as customers, I haven't heard any complaints about vibration but I've had a few salesmen mention it to me. It's a problem and Nissan should address it IMO.

I had originally been told that my car was totaled, but now it appears that the car will be fixed, which is a bittersweet thing for me. I actually LOVE my Altima and I don't want to start car payments over, but the idea of having a wrecked and repaired car just doesn't sit well with me. I'll probably just get rid of the Altima later down the road.

As far as the 07 Altima is concerned...it won't get here until November (per Nissannews.com) The new Sentra gets here first and debuts in October. Truthfully the Sentra NEEDS to get here before the Altima seeing as the Sentra is the ONLY pre-Ghosn car and it would be overshadowed by the Altima if it debuted after it. Sentra gets out..gets good ads and boosts sales.

Ads displaying the new Sentra, Quest and Versa are already appearing. Sentra looks MUCH better in person than in pics.

Altima and G35 (even though not platform related) come out around the same time in November.

I am actually fond of the 07, except for its front..which I detest. The interior is much much better than the 05s and I find the refinement and neat features to be great compared to the 05-06 models.

Push start is going be a standard feature from what I've been told so far, as well as intelli key. I just hope Nissan doesn't cut corners on the car (lack of adjustable rear headrest and LEDs come to mind)

I do believe the car will be extremely competitive but I'm not lookin to get into the next generation Altima until the facelifted model hits lots for MY2010. I'm sure by then it will get a more aggressive front fascia...and I'll get one then.

Too bad I'm stuck with my Altima (the body shop started working on it yesterday) cause I had my eyes on an Accord EXV6 6spd or Mazda6 S Grand Sport.

My Altima has $11,460 worth of cosmetic damage!
  • Options
    BTW Phil I do NOT work for Nissan.. I'm a FLight Nurse.

Tony
  • Options
    ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    TV ads are already running on Los Angeles area TV stations. Perty sharp, and the interior depicted with faux wood in the console is downright elegant.
  • Options
    I'm glad to see ads running already...but are u sure it wasn't the Maxima?

If it is the new Altima then more power to them! They need all the ads they can get to push sales back up since the recall.
  • Options
    Ray, I haven't seen ads on TV yet for the
    Altima either. I have seen the ads for the
    Maxima. I'm really anxious to see the 2007
    Altima in person, because I like what I see
    so far on the website, and the brochure I
    received. I like the 2007 Maxima also,
    although the car keeps growing in length.
    It's now going to be about three to
    three-and-a-half inches longer than my 2002
    Max. I don't know if I can fit that car in
    my tight garage.

I was hoping that the 2007 Altima would
    appear in showrooms by September. But
    November would probably be better since
    that's when I will start to seriously shop
    for my next car. I'm not too sure about
    getting a car with a new-style tranny
    though. I would prefer that the "bugs" get
    worked out first. The automobile show
    never arrives in Tampa before mid-November,
    so I'm going to be waiting with much
    anticipation!
  • Options
    Maxamillion, I'm really sorry to hear about
    your Altima, especially since you haven't had
    a chance to really enjoy your car that long.
    I hope everything works out with the body
    repair.
    By the way, I got to spend a day with an'06
    Altima S 4-cylinder model while my Maxima was
    being serviced. I had taken the Max in for an
    oil change and the dreaded "evil" rear 02
    sensors had to be replaced (this one set me back for over $600. This is the only major
    repair and expense I've had to do to this car
    in over four years and 60,000 miles.)
    Anyway, back to the Altima rental, I was really
    impressed with the peppiness that the car had
    for a 4-cylinder, although I wasn't too
    impressed with the noisiness of the engine when giving it fairly hearty acceleration. But I still was very, very surprised!
    And, I hate to admit this, but the car handled
    better than my Max does! I have to say I was
    pretty shocked. I kept telling myself, "It's
    just that you're ready for a new car, you just
    want something new now."
    I wanted to ask if your '05 Altima is a V6 or
    4-cylinder. If you have the V6, did you ever
    get to drive the fifth gen Maxima, specifically
    the SE, which I know has the harsher suspension? But on the V6 Altima, do you think
    it handles better than the fifth gen or even
    the current generation Maximas?
  • Options
    gampagampa Member Posts: 78
    Stopped at the local dealer today... Versa caught my eye... and conversation came up about "my" next purchase... stating that I would only look at a diesel or hybrid.
    Salesman claims that the Altima hybrid is being sold in California and New York... NOW!
    I said you mean as a test market... he claimed NO.. in the dealers!
    I have looked everywhere and I cannot find any where a hybrid in the Altima.
    Certianly would make Toyota's ears perk up.
    Any truth to the remarks ... or is this another saleman B/S story?

Gampa
  • Options
    the new 07 Altima is not out yet and that is when the Hybrid will be on sale. Also why a Hybrid ? All of the car magizines have proven that the cost vs ownership doesn't make sense. You would have to keep the car for 10+ yrs to make up the diffeence. A friend of mine has a Prius, my Versa rides better, handles better, and cost less. He gets alittle better mileage then I do. Same can be said about the Hybrid Camry vs regaular camry.

Tony
  • Options
    that my reference to TV spots of the '07 Altima were probably for the Maxima. I went on Nissan's website and ordered an '07 Altima brochure last night, but none of the site depictions looked remotely close to what I saw on the TV spots. Sorry for my apparent lapse of attention, fellas.
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I saw Goshn on TV and he said hybrid engines is not a priority but is something Nissan is considering down the road. He however, hedged that by saying Nissan is looking at all technologies and will work with any partner in alliances.

Flightnurse, in terms cost you are correct that the payback for a hybrid system is more than 10 years. But many are looking at the issue in terms of fuel savings. If we can use less fossil fuel then maybe it will last a little longer. So the hybrid makes a lot of sense until we find a better and more reliable technology.
  • Options
    There is amore reilable Technology its called Deisel fuel. The advancement of Desiel Technology the last 5 yrs has proven it. But our governement has made it impossible for any deisel engine passenager car to be sold here. Now, the VW TDI is close, the V10 TDI that they put in thier SUV was a step in the right direction, the only reason why that engine was short lived, was because of Porsche.. The V10 Diesel was faster then ther Turbo V8...

BMW,Audi and MB all have clean buring, fuel effected and very fast engines/cars in Europe... I would buy a Diesel BMW that could run 0-60 in 6 secs and still get 33 MPG on the highway...

Hybrid Technology has not been proven to be dependedable over time, PLUS he price of the battery packs are VERY expensive....

Tony
  • Options
    I took this one back in April at the ATL autoshow...to bad the Altima wasn't there.

took this one at the office...lol

Had nothing else to do..and since we have to wait..thought it'd be nice to show off.
  • Options
    schweikbschweikb Member Posts: 111
    I had an 02 Altima 2.5 I sold after a series of run-ins with porcupines that ate virtually everything rubber in sight and even after replacing the components the car never seemed the same so I sold it Sept. 05 and am leasing an '06 Audi A4 Quattro. The Audi lease is up in Sept 07 and I may get an '07 Altima 2.5 at that point. I have moved so the porcupines are no longer a threat.
    My take on Hybrids is that they may save some petroleum, but what about the long-term effect of disposing of those huge batteries? Does anyone have a scientifically documented take on which threat is greater: lower oil reserves or thousands of potentially toxic batteries to deal with?
    BTW - the Nissan site confuses me by showing the 07 Alti 3.5 with 265 HP and the 07 Maxima (both trim levels) with less - 255 HP. Seems to make no sense to me. The Maxima is the more "flagship-like" of the two and always has had a higher performance image. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    The Nissan site is correct the Max only had a model year refresh, while the Altima is completly new with the upgraded engine. Where does that leave the max, don't know, the Altima is now the better car IMO. Old Mike
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    No different than when the Altima was introduced last time and there was the older Maxima then.
  • Options
    For the first time ever, the Altima actually makes more horsepower than the Maxima. This has never happened before in history, BUT the Altima has been slightly faster than the Maxima since 2002 when the 3.5 was introduced into both the Max and the Altima.

The new Maxima is acutally re-rated for 255 horsepower (after SAE ratings) before the Maxima was 265. The power is the SAME, just the way of rating the horsepower is different.

So the power hasn't gone anywhere acutally...and the new Altima 265 is actually a bit more than the Maxima's 265 of last year (which is now rated at 255) Had the re-rating not changed, the Altima would probably be boasting 275 HP under the old ratings.

My question is this...if the Max with it's new SAE rating is 255, what would the current Altima be if it had been rated under the SAE regulations? 240 or so?

Also, u might note that the new Altima 2.5 is 165+ hp under the new SAE rating, which would make it lower than the pre-SAE current Altima at 175. Truth be told, if the current Altima had been rated under SAE rules it's power would be around 150-155 instead of the current 175. Evidence of this is shown from the Frontier with the 2.5L that had 175 last year and like 155 this year.

So while everything is being re-rated (and pretty much all Nissan's power is down under the new rating except on the 4.5L models)it appears that the Altima for the first time actually has more "publicized" power than the Maxima. But one has to realize that the Maxima's 3.5 is different from the Altima's 3.5L. Even though they share the same displacement, Nissan has made some major changes to the 3.5 that goes into the new Altima. Even the G35's 3.5 is 80 percent new compared to the older models.

But similar situations occured with the previous Avalon and the previous Camry (Camry'3.3L was 225 while the Avalon's 3.0 was 210 before SAE) a similar situation is happeneing now with the current Max and the redesigned Altima.
  • Options
    for 05 and 06 the MAX has been faster 0-60 then a Altmia SE 3.5.

P.S Regarding the VQ35, all of the VQ35 are the same if the HP rating is less then 280hp.... The VQ35 with 280hp and more are the not the same as the lesser HP version...
  • Options
    Actually the Maxima has NOT been faster than the Altima, even in 05-06 models. Further, would it not be 04-06 models since the Maxima was redesigned for 04? The only difference between the 04-06 Maxima is that the SE models have had a 5spd automatic and 6spd manual since 2004, while the SL didn't gain that 5spd automatic until toward the end of the 2004 model year and the beginning of the 2005 year. The current Maxima is not even faster than then the previous Maxima (which for the most part was even or slightly slower than the current Altima)

So there is no way the 05-06 Maxima would be faster than the current Altima, even though the Maxima has more power.

Again, the current Maxima is not faster than the previous Maxima because it only gained 10 hp while gaining weight after being redesigned for 04.

They may tie in some instances, but overall the Maxima has been no faster than the current Altima. The current Altima can reach 0-60 in 5.9 seconds with a 5spd manual. I think the Maxima may have reached that number in previous model years, and maybe be able to pull it off with the 04-06 (since 07s ONLY come with CVTs) but I haven't read a publication that states the Maxima getting a 0-60 time better than 5.9 seconds on any 04-06 Max.

The Max may be rated more...but the Maxima has never been "faster" per se than the Altima since 2002. And if it has been any faster...it's within a tenth of a second. Most publications have even went on to state that the Altima is slightly faster due to a weight advantage.

You are right about the 3.5 being basically the same in lower hp versions of the variant engine. HOWEVER, the 3.5L used in the new 07 Altima is a REDESIGNED version of the 3.5L used in the current model.
    Nissannews.com states this.

Redesigned, next generation VQ35 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 with an estimated 265-plus horsepower and 255-plus lb-ft of torque or a refined 2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder with 165-plus horsepower and 170-plus lb-ft for stronger acceleration and improved sound quality
    · Standard dual exhaust with both engines, with larger intake and exhaust manifolds
    · New Xtronic CVT (available with both V6 and 4-cylinder engines) designed for fluid-feeling performance and efficient operation – V6 utilizes an all-new controller with adaptive logic and performance-tuning
    · New 6-speed manual transmission with a narrower gate and shorter shift stroke for improved shifting feel, performance and fuel economy (available with both V6 and 4-cylinder engines)
    · All-new “D” platform featuring much improved body rigidity, reduced NVH and 30 millimeter lower engine mounting position
    · New front suspension design with new geometry, half shafts now equal angle and more parallel to the ground – virtually eliminating torque steer
    · Improved rear suspension design with an emphasis on nimbleness and good ride comfort
    · Sport-tuned suspension with larger diameter stabilizer bars and unique spring rates and strut damping on 3.5 SE model
    · New power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering system helps provide light effort at low speeds, secure feeling at high speeds
    · Enhanced interior feel with refined workmanship, expanded use of soft materials (such as padded armrests) and chrome accents
    · Roomy yet sporty interior space with innovative amenities, including new Fine Vision Gauge instrument display panel, standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, convenient covered storage compartments and nine cup or bottle holders
    · Available Bluetoothâ Hands-Free Phone System with voice recognition, RearView Monitor and Nissan Navigation System
    · Standard front seat side-impact supplemental air bags for chest protection
    · Standard roof-mounted curtain side-impact air bags for front and rear outboard occupant head protection
    · Available in 3.5-liter V6, 2.5-liter 4-cylinder or Altima Hybrid models (details on the early 2007 Altima Hybrid launch are forthcoming)

And the G35's 3.5L is 80 percent new for 2007 as opposed to the 3.5L used in the 2006.

So while it may have been true that the >280 hp versions of the 3.5L where essentially the same for 2006. This will not be the case for the 07 model year because the 3.5L is heavily revised, a redesigned from the 2006 model year.

Please don't tell me this is going to turn into the whole "facelifted vs. redesigned" fiasco again? :P

Nissan is my passion..the company is in my blood...lol
  • Options
    (Sigh!) I was getting pretty excited about the
    2007 Altima, but my '02 Maxima got wrecked
    almost three weeks ago. I was just informed
    today that the car would be totalled out.
    So now, I'm gonna be shopping for a new car
    within the next couple of weeks. Too bad the
    2007 Altima won't be out in a few weeks.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that accident! It can be a PAIN..trust me I understand. While my car was in the shop I had to find transportation to school, work and back and forth home until I FINALLY got my hands on a rental car! I know what you are going through, even though my Altima ended up not being totaled.

So what are your options? Getting another Maxima or something else? Do you have another car you can drive? If so it might be worth the wait on the new Altima.

I got my Altima back about two weeks ago and it is NOT the same car. The bodyshop (which is afiliated with a Nissan dealership) did the repairs but the car is still not right. My front end alignment is destroyed, the steering feels about 30 degrees heavier than before (which I kinda like since the Altima is known for it's super light steering) and the horn doesn't sound right (they used a horn from the previous 2nd Altima)

I've also noticed that when driving my car at high speeds you can hear a loud rubbing noise and the steering gets hard to control. So the car will be going back in the shop on Monday and I'm not taking the car back UNTIL EVERYTHING is right! I worked too hard for that car for it not to be right. I really really wished it had been totaled. If it had, I think I would have just kept my ole Accord and gotten myself another car after graduating from College.
  • Options
    all of the car mag's had the MAX faster then the Altima by a couple of tenths. I never rely on what the Manufacture says....

No reply of the Redesign ver Facelifted, even tho I was right about the 02 model yr.. :P

• Options
    Naw you weren't right...seeing as the 2002 was NEVER a facelift...nice try though.

And you still aren't right about the Maxima being faster than the Altima. Especially the current Maxima vs. the current Altima. Max has more hp (until 07 models anyway) but Max was a bit more....thus the power is null and void.

I never said I would use Nissan's manufactured numbers? I always use numbers from car mags.

I'll go dig up some articles tomorrow. I'm sure you don't trust what the manufactures say afterall, Nissan themselves touted that the 5spd 2002 Altima 3.5SE with manual transmission could reach 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, but when the car was tested by Motortrend and a handful of other car mags, the Altima reached 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. Nissan's time was slower than any time posted in the car mags.

But either way, we all know that the new Altima will be LIGHTER and have MORE hp than the current Maxima. Look for that to change in 2009 when the Max gets a redesign!
  • Options
    jmcmbzjmcmbz Member Posts: 43
    Anybody know when the new 07 Altima will hit the streets? I think the new Altima reminds me of how good the old Maxima used to be. I used to own a 1992 5-spd "4DSC", and a 1998 w/automatic. This car has so many features and it's updated looks are great! Also, anybody know how these CVT transmissions drive? I've never driven one before and am curious but hesitant. I think when I try the CVT with the power of the 3.5 VQ I'll either be blown away or unimpressed. I'll drive the 6-spd as well but don't know if I can live with for day-to-day LA traffic. I'm also planning to check out the 07 G35 so it'll be nice to compare the new front-drive enhancements of the Altima vs the awesome rear-drive G35. I bet the Altima will run about 7-9K less expensive. Also curious to compare the V6 Altima SE with the 06 Accord EX-V6 Navi that I drive ocaisionally (amazing car btw). I'm thinking about stepping out of my 06 525i E60 (beatiful but too slow!) and maybe cutting my payment in half with a loaded Altima V6 w/ Nav. Am I Crazy??
  • Options
    From what the dealer has told me the Altima who hit the showroom in Nov.

I have a 07 Versa with the CVT and let me tell you, I will NOT go back to a conventional transmission... The 07 MAX is out and it has a CVT, give it a try...

• Options
    good idea, thanks.
  • Options
    lservelserve Member Posts: 50
    Any word if the MPG will change at all? It hasn't been mentioned in the press releases. It would be nice if the CVT improved the v6 mileage.
  • Options
    At this point, I've pretty much narrowed it
    down between two totally different cars:
    2006 Acura TL(comparable to the Maxima) and
    the 2007 Lexus RX350 SUV. They let me take
    the Lexus home for an overnight test drive.
    I could really get used to this vehicle. It
    rides very nice for an SUV. And I've also got
    to say the treatment at Lexus has been A-plus
    so far.

I'm going to try and do the same thing with
    the Acura and try and get them to give me a
    rock bottom price. I like the 2007 Maxima,
    but the car keeps growing in length. It's now
    over 3 inches longer than my '02 Max was.
    I've got a single-car garage and I like to
    put my vehicles in the garage. I just don't
    think I can fit the '07 Max in it. There were
    some other cars I've been researching, but I've
    pretty much lost interest in them.

I have rental reimbursement through my insurance company of up to $750. So I'm
    driving a Nissan Sentra rental car. Although
    the car is somewhat underpowered, it actually
    has a smooth ride and feels pretty nimble.
    It fits in my garage perfectly!(lol) Just don't care for the ho-hum looks.

Hopefully, I'll be in my new car by next week!
  • Options
    shirlyperfectshirlyperfect Member Posts: 1
    My son totalled by '02 Altima and I am buying a new one but I really want the '07 -- I think it may be worth waiting for.
  • Options
    lservelserve Member Posts: 50
    Does anyone know if the '07 2.5 will come with any sport shift options on the CVT? It isn't clear from their info - whether it is a feature on only the 3.5.
  • Options
    dwinkdwink Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone know if the Navigation system on the 2007 Altima will be voice-activated like those found in the Camry and Accord?
  • Options
    There does not appear to be a "voice" button on the steering wheel. Nissan only describes the NAV system as "touch screen" which is an improvement on their part in itself. I'm looking forward to comparing it with the Honda / Acura which is best IMO.

http://www.nissanusa.com/altima07/
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large local newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently went away from purchasing a Ford and decided on a Toyota, Honda or Nissan vehicle instead. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 6, 2006 by 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    rennie4rennie4 Member Posts: 55
    on the nissan news website engine specs are up for the 2007 altima.

175/180 hp/tq(4cyl)
    270/258hp/tq6cyl ]

the 4cy also has improved mpg. 26/34 with the cvt and 26/35 with the 6-speed manual. chec out the specifications on the nissannews.com website for options and packages as well as the whole rundown
  • Options
    masterncmasternc Member Posts: 14
    My family tried buying an Altima in 2002 with a 5-speed, ABS, and side/curtain airbags but had a hard time finding such a model because it seemed that Nissan made it difficult to get a vehicle with those features. The '06 Altima didn't even offer ABS or side airbags unless you got an automatic transmission. Any idea if these features will be standard or easy to get with a manual transmission for '07?
  • Options
    swhitehornswhitehorn Member Posts: 14
    According to nissanews.com, dated 9-4-06 the 4 cylinder Altima is more competetive than the V6. Here are the facts: The 4 banger is rated at 175 hp w/180 lbs ft of torque (not the 165hp stated earlier), in spite of the single exhaust (Nissan earlier stated that the 4 cyl would have a dual exhaust.) The EPA mileage is 26/34 (cvt) & 26/35 (mt.) This outclasses every other non-hybrid 4cy in the mid size category, including the newly redesigned Camry. Their V6, although still competetive, if not best in class w/hp at 270, is not quite as fuel efficient as the Camry or 4 yr old Accord design, & is EPA rated at 22/28 (CVT) & 21/29 (mt.) This compares w/the Camry at 22/31 & 268 hp, whilst the Accord is 20/29
    with 244 hp. The trunk, however is among the largest in its class at 17.9 cu ft.
    Nissan, in my opinion, has one of the best V6 engines anywhere, because of its rich, wide torque band. For example, 90% of available torque is easily accessed at a low 2,500 rpm. Toyota & especially Honda, don't even come close to this. As for the 4 banger, Nissan did their homework. Gas mileage is foremost on the minds of every car buyer in America now. When you can combine best in class fuel efficiency w/best in class hp, & then top it off w/a state of the art CVT, well it's like having your cake & eating it too.

San Antonio Steve
  • Options
    We have a 05 ALtima SE 3.5 and it was VERY hard to get it with Side Air Bags, we had to wait 3 months.

Regarding the 06, who ever told you that you had to get a V6 to have ABS and Side AirBags wasn't telling you the truth.

Tony
  • Options
    masterncmasternc Member Posts: 14
    I actually meant you needed to get an automatic transmission with or without the V6...my bad if I goofed.

I also answered my own question by going to the Nissan Press Site. Right now, they say that side & curtain airbags will be standard but ABS will be optional. Hopefully ABS will be easier to get than the old ABS/airbag package.
  • Options
    nnnnnpatelnnnnnpatel Member Posts: 27
    Any guesses on how much a 2007 V6 altima will cost?
  • Options
    heavensoldierheavensoldier Member Posts: 61
    Yeah that's what I was wondering, but I can't seem to find any information.
  • Options
    Regarding the MPG on the new Altima, the Mileage on the Versa with the CVT isn't getting the mileage that Nissan said it was, I'm averaging 27 combinded city/freeway. I havent seen what the MAX is getting with the CVT...

Tony
  • Options
    )) "...the Mileage on the Versa with the CVT isn't getting the mileage that Nissan said it was, I'm averaging 27 combinded city/freeway..." ((

There're too many variables with city crawling to get any meaningful fuel economy numbers. Think midtown-Manhattan gridlock at noon, midweek, versus Possum Trot at 9:30 A.M. on Sunday (with its one stop light) while everyone except the town drunk's in church... Try an extended freeway jaunt on a full tank where you can hold a steady cruising speed. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    Ray, the best I have gotten on the freeway so far is 31, that is doing 70 with the cruise on.

Tony
  • Options
    gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    The V6 requires premium gas. That negates a lot.
  • Options
    Nothing is negated, gene_v. ;) According to both the 2006 Altima owner's manual and the 2006 Altima sales brochure, Nissan's VQ35DE 3.5L DOHC V6 engine only requires unleaded 87 pump octane gasoline. Unleaded 91 pump octane "premium" gasoline will allow for marginally increased power since the knock sensors will allow the engine management computer to advance ignition timing a few more degrees before incurring pinging. Nissan's published power rating was derived using 87 pump octane fuel.
  • Options
    gurekkugurekku Member Posts: 6
    Do we know whether the 6-speed manual transmission on the 2007 Altima will come with (perhaps as an option) a helical limited slip differential?