Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 Buick Rendezvous Class Action?

Comments

• porkchopporkchop Member Posts: 3
    The electrical problem was due to the short at the fuse box, the battery was the original battery and did need replaced ~ nothing was wrong with the BCM. The car has been fine since the repair.
  • billohbilloh Member Posts: 5
    I got my class action lawsuit check yesterday. I'm just disappointed that GM couldn't step up to the plate and fix this problem on their own.
  • juliaomjuliaom Member Posts: 29
    How did you do that. Did you have tons of forms to fill out, and was there a deadline. I have not heard how to get into this lawsuit. I have the 02 Rendevous, up to $10,000 in repairs, and not its leaking oil.
  • h2oaquadogh2oaquadog Member Posts: 11
    I also got my money 2 days ago, even better, I got rid of the car 1 year ago!
  • firejule1firejule1 Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 Buick Rendevous. Has a coolant gasket leak, engine coolant fans are not working so it is overheating. Rotors, drums, are shot. I am making payments on a car that I am not driving because they want 1700.00 to fix the problem. Not to mention sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn.t I had to have tow 3 times but the mechanic said that there is no reason for it not to start except the computer gets mess up and it just won't start. If there is a class action suit on these cars let me know. ASAP :P :cry: :lemon: :sick:
  • tatoobankertatoobanker Member Posts: 8
    I have had a new problem arise and I am wondering if it might be related to the same c-305 connector that you told me about. My rear wiper blade will just turn on sometimes, the switch is not in the on position and it will just run. I can not turn it off all the time, it will sometimes stop on its own, but it will start again in a day or two. I have not replaced the connector yet because I have not had the time, but I thought I would ask what you thought. Thanks for all your help.
    How did you get signed up for the class action lawsuit? Is this a lawsuit in the US or Canada. I would like to sign up for it if it is in the US.
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Hhmm, In general I think a c305 problem would lead to something not working (as opposed to working when it shoudn't). For the wiper issue I think I'd be looking more at a short somewhere. The exception would be if there is liquid water intrusion in the connector creating a complete circuit that turns the wiper on.
  • billohbilloh Member Posts: 5
    I had the paperwork mailed to me.

The case is #HG03093843, Sadowski v. General Moters

Address:

Dex Cool Litigation
    c/o The garden City Group, Inc
    P.O.Box 9239
    Dublin, Ohio 43017

Also a website

www.dexcoolsettlement.com

or call 866-245-4291
  • ridavidridavid Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 CXL and have alot of the same problems. I have done wheel bearings,which didn't fix it,motor mount,ac condensor,and it was ticking and I was told the lifters collapsed. I fixed it about 3000 miles ago and now I have another problem. It lacks power and burns fuel like a jet. When I drive steady it makes a noise underneath. The only thing I can think of to explain it is it sounds like the jake brake on a tractor trailer. When I try to accelerate it bogs and I have to floor it to get it to go anywhere. I replaced the catalytic converter today and still have the same problem. I just bought a house a month ago,so it would be tough to trade it in. I still have a year to pay on it. JUNK!!!
    Thank you, It is nice to know that this is out there and that we can all talk about the issues that we are having and get ideas. Thanks again.
    Thank you.
  • monkeyczymonkeyczy Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2002 RDV 6 months ago. It had 81,000 miles on it so I thought it would have all the bugs worked out of it. Wrong! First trip I took that was longer than 60 miles from home hot coolant light came on and I lost acceleration, still had power just couldn't go anywhere! It was towed to the nearest Buick Dealership and I was 200 miles from home! Of course it was a Friday night so no one would even touch it until Monday. They did a diagnostic on it and found it needed the head gaskets replaced, water pump replaced, a new head bolt set filter and 6 exhaust studs replaced! When they called to tell me all that was wrong they also mentioned that the rear rotors would need replaced but that it would get me home to where my own mechanic could take care of it. Then when it was ready I had to drive 200 miles to pick it up! When I took it to my mechanic to check out the rotor situation he told me it was just rust build up and that I didn't drive the car enough but they would gladly put them on a lathe and clean it off for $160.00. Furious I was. I asked if it was a problem with the RDV or just in general? He said some cars have this problem and some don't. I then I stated that my husbands car (1999 Mercury Tracer with 53,000 miles on it) was driven less than the RDV and asked why it never had this problem. He had no answer. I'm going back to the dealer and talk to the salesperson who I bought it from to see what they are going to do about this. I am not keeping this car! I have dealt with this dealership for 10 years and have purchased 5 cars in 10 years from them, 4 of which were in the last 5 years and never had a problem until now. I am going to be curious as to how they handle this! They should be bending over backwards to make me happy. They'll either work with me on this or I'll never deal with them again.
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Try searching for used car lemon laws. You might find something in there that could help you. I bought my 2002 RDV 7 months ago and am already having problems w/it. Wish I would have researched before I bought, it would have made a huge difference in my choice. :mad:
  • mmosesmmoses Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2002 Rendezvous and I had problems with it starting. It never stalled out on me, just wouldn't start. They ended up replacing the fuel pump, spark plug wires, and the power control module and the wires going to the pcm. Drove me nuts because each time I had it towed, they couldn't replicate it. My car was at the mechanics for a total of 2.5 weeks. Never again will I buy another car like this.
    I got lucky. I took my RDV back to the dealership and talked to the salesman I bought my last 5 cars from and he got the owner of the dealership involved. They gave me a deal I couldn't get anywhere else so I traded it. I ended up with a newer car and a 6 year loan instead of a 3 year loan though. But it was worth it not to have the worry and stress of wondering what I was going to have to fix next.
  • bnrhuntbnrhunt Member Posts: 1
    The deadline was October 2008 wasn't it? Is it too late to do anything? I've already spent $2000.00 on this car.
  • ritzyladyritzylady Member Posts: 1
    i have the same problem. When I gently push on the gas pedal a few times
    it will start to go, or push hard and it takes of ...eventually like a rocket.
    I had the fuel injector cleaned and it worked great for a few weeks and is
    doing the same thing again. I have had this problem for months but
    it never seems to get worse.
    I have owned my rendezvous since it was almost new. I purchased it after
    the buick open. My biggest problem is the window. Every window
    1st Drivers window next passenger window in the front then the window
    behind the drivers seat and last the rear window behind the front passenger seat.
    The window starts to squeak going up or down and then...THE ENTIRE WINDOW
    FALLS INSIDE THE DOOR1 The first time was under warrnaty the second
    window I paid for as well as the two back seat windows!
    Now this is the weirdest thing I have ever heard and when I called the customer
    service Dept. they said they have never had this problem reported.
    Any one else have a case of the dropping windows?
  • blakrob78blakrob78 Member Posts: 1
    what did you have to do for the class action suit mine is overheating the same way replaced the intake and head gasket also the waterpump and thermostat still overheating.
  • wjk4wjk4 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 Buick R...and it won't turn over. I just replaced my stupid fuel pump so I know it works as I hear it during the first 30 seconds my car "starts"...the battery is new (once again another cost)..and works as windows and radio works. The car simply won't start. I was told it might be the camshaft...but I cannot find the stupid thing in my car. Anyone? I was told it was in front near the engine...The picture I have of the part is not great...so it's hard to find. Also, I cannot anywhere find a diagram of the engine that will help me know exactly where to look. Since the car is dead in my garage....I can't have mechanic look at it w/out having moved at my expense.
  • laurend1laurend1 Member Posts: 2
    i too have had the case of the dropping window. i got my vehicle in february and everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.
  • laurend1laurend1 Member Posts: 2
    I just got my buick r cx is feb. of this year and I've had the wheel bearing problems and the window problems and i'm now experiencing the possible BCM problems. i have the security message, locked radio, and service vehicle soon light on.i haven't taken it to the buick house yet because i can't afford another 40 dollars an hour to just have it looked at..does anyone know how much the BCM even cost? i'm stressing! i should have just gone with the minivan... any help or input is appreciated!!!
    I am not sure about the BCM, but I have had all the problems that you have listed so far. My head gasket blew, air conditionir is not working, driver wheel bearing went, and now the passanger wheel bearing is going, and the paint is pealing from my hood. Buick has told me that they are aware of all these issues with the 02 year and that there is nothing that they can do. There is a recall out there on the wheel bearings, but it is very strict and hard to get into, after much arguing and many phone calls Buick did reimberse me for half of the drivers wheel bearing. If I did not owe $6K on it still I would get ride of it, but with the paint issue, fuel gage issue and now the other wheel bearing, I would get nothing for it. I have place over $2K into this auto in the last 3 weeks and still am not done. I can not afford to have the air fixed and the new wheel bearing yet, it will have to wait. Good Luck to you, but try and call Buick, the worse they can say is no, but they may cover some.
  • stutrustutru Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2002 Buick Rendezvous in 2001 - loved the vehicle for approximately 2 weeks and then the nightmare began: paint peeled on the console; radio buttons etc. GM tried to repaint it which was a joke - was replaced, Wheel bearing after wheel bearing, traction on both sides, air conditioner, suspension, transmission, wires for the lights, head gaskets, paint peeled on the hood, tie rods, brakes, brakes, brakes etc.
    When I called GM, they wouldn't stand behind anything. Things that were fixed on warranty broke again but they would not cover it b/c it was fixed on the warranty. This vehicle has cost me soooo much money it is pathetic. I tried to trade it but GM would give me nothing for it - they suggested I sell it privately!! - please!!
    I have no remorse for GM because when you sell junk and rob people of hard earned money, it's got to come back and bite you in the butt - and it did!

I wonder if Tiger had these problems and if so, what kind of service did he receive!!!
    I recently bought a Toyota and the service is excellent so far!!!
  • npdnpd Member Posts: 1
    i know the pain i have an 02 redezvous that i bought at 80000, it now has 125000. i have in my 45000 miles replaced the rear differential twice at 3500 each an ac condenser, now the abs kicks in all the time and it needs a fuel sensor and has an issue with the coolant system. overall i have put over 10000 into this piece of garbage.
    i have bought nothing but buick since i was a kid, and this is my 4th one. no matter how much i loved my well built previous model cars... because of this i will never buy another gm product. not even because of the issues i have had, but because all these components are only warrantied for 12 months. and when i called into the dealership that i paid these thousands of dollars to, they asked me why i even called if its out of warranty.

and they wonder why people buy imports
  • comet67comet67 Member Posts: 2
    Just today, my driver side window fell down on my 2002 rdv. it had been rattling if the window was down and i closed the door, so i was expecting something. I'm not very mechanical, but I found the following site that shows how to fix it. http://www.teamneon.com/buick/
    the website says to order them, but it takes 7 days. I'm checking with the dealer tomorrow. if the car would be just half reliable, it would be a nice car. i bought it used 3 years ago. it only has 67,000 miles.
  • comet67comet67 Member Posts: 2
    replacing the fuel pump worked for me. the camshaft is inside the engine. You can't see it without taking major parts off. Try to find someone that knows just a little about cars. There are so many possibilites. they could narrow it down. does the engine turnover? if not, could be the starter.
  • vani2004vani2004 Member Posts: 9
    Bye BYe GM...BUICK.Finaly, i bought Honda Odessy and hyundai Elantara for my son. Never ever GM cars anymore even after they emerge from bankruptcy hole...i will try my best to convince all of my friends, family members or anyone who i know is looking to buy car will not buy GM cars anymore. I bought because of American car (total 3 in last 10 years) but what did i get from it?
  • buickstinks2buickstinks2 Member Posts: 1
    2002 Buick Rendezvous now stuck in securtiy mode! Service lights and dash lights flash on and off. AC radio everything dims then sounds like power goes out and on again. this happens every three to five munites. I have taken it to the shop. They told me to take it to the dealer :mad: I can't get rid of the stupid car I still owe on it and I can't fix it right now cause money is tight and I just paid $900 in the last 3 moonths fixing things that could of been the problem! Why hasn't BUICK recalled this junk! Can anyone direct me to get help to fix it or something!
    :lemon:
  • jml14jml14 Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought my 2002 RDV with 92K miles... I wish i would have found this forum before i made this purchase. I have the ABS brakes problem slipping, grinding noises, applying themselves when I am on the gas and not the brake peddle, etc... I read in here about pulling the ABS fuse. I looked in my manual and found multiple fuses, now I am not sure which one to pull, or if I have to pull them all:

Mini Fuse 6 - ABS Control Module
    Mini Fuse 9 - ABS Solenoid Valves
    J-Style Fuse 36 - ABS Motor

Can someone tell me which fuse(s) to pull in order to disable the ABS?
    If the brakes are being applied while your foot is in gas tank it sounds more like traction control is being engaged, usually because it thinks tires are slipping.
  • jml14jml14 Member Posts: 2
    Well, i just tried first experiment, I pulled Mini Fuse 6 - ABS Control Module fuse. Started the car, and dash lights up message ABS Disabled, and the warning beeper in the car beeps constantly and does not shut off. Obviously I cannot drive like this.

I plugged the fuse back in.
  • pjk2pjk2 Member Posts: 9
    My sister bought a Honda Oddasee and had to replace all the brakes and tires after 10K miles... not under warranty... my Buick brakes lasted 42K and my original tires lasted 60K... total repairs for my Buick Rendezvous for 8 years 90K in Pgh ... $101.
    While my sister continues to repair and replace parts in her Honda and see paid $10K more than my Buick.
  • vani2004vani2004 Member Posts: 9
    First of all, you claim is wrong unless your sister bought old honda odyssey....Any new car regardless of brand is covered under warranty if you have drove only 10k miles unless normal wear and tear. Paid 10K more???? Unbelievable.. Did she donate some money when she bought her Odyssey? unless you comparing to way higher end model with lower end model.

And your another Biggest lie, Buick introduced Rendezvous in 2002. How did you get 8 years old Rendezvous????? Plain & Simple, Get your fact right first...there is no credibility in your post.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Rendezvous was introduced in the spring of '01 as a 2002 model per Wikipedia.

Let's calm down a bit and stick to talking about the cars please.
  • alwaysstrandedalwaysstranded Member Posts: 2
    I am having a starting problem with my 2002 RDV. I bought the car new, have loved it but now the repairs are taking the joy out of owning it.
    It's recent history is not starting for a couple of hours when I drive short distances. If I try to start it too frequently it strands me even longer so I just wait it out. Now it won't start at all.
    At first I was told it was the fuel injection first so got some of the stuff to put in the gas. It did help but not for long. It kept doing the same thing and leaving me stranded.
    I took it to a private auto shop for 4 days and they could not replicate the problem.
    I had it took it to a Buick dealership for 2 weeks and they could not replicate the problem.
    When I picked it up and went to the market for 20 minutes. When trying to leave, I was once again stranded. I was also stranded on a short lunch break many times from work and recently on several occasions. This has been happening for about 3 months.
    I've recently had the fuel filter, fuel pump switch and now the fuel pump replaced w/new parts and it still won't start. AAA towing just picked it up to take it to the dealership once again. What on earth is keeping this car from starting???!!
    Battery is new, cables are good, spark plug wires are GM and new but my mechanic found a cracked spark plug. Could this stupid spark plug have been the culprit and no one even considered that? He didn't replace it or even put it back in, so now I won't know, which irritates me too.

Meanwhile $600 later, the dealership will do a diagnostic now that it won't start and Service Engine Soon light is on. They said they couldn't do a diagnostic before because it always started for them.
    Does anyone have any experience with this for me that won't cost an arm and a leg at the dealership?
  • alwaysstrandedalwaysstranded Member Posts: 2
    I have had a lot of repair problems with my 2002 RDV. I bought two of them new and one ended up being returned as a lemon.

How do I get more information on this Class Action Law Suit for repair reimbursements and maybe get rid of the car for a new something else?
  • mersek63mersek63 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Rendezvous that I just love. I have had issues with it but nothing like what I read in these forums. I have the ABS issue. I got stuck in the snow once and my ABS system hasn't worked since. I had the tie rods replaced but the pigtail needs to be replaced. That's my only issue other than the Manifold gasket replacement 2 years ago. My question is, Gloria as I lovingly refer to her, has 124K miles and I've never owned a "truck" before. Is this really a truck or is it a car? Should I be thinking about sending Gloria off to the great scrapyard in the sky or will she last longer. I have not been faithful with the oil changes but I have had fairly regular maintenance. The body looks pretty good considering her age and I just wonder how much longer this car will last. Any thoughts???
    You never know, some will contiunue to be good others not. I know of one or two Pontiac versions of this vehicle that have over 200k miles on them and still going.
  • spike99spike99 Member Posts: 239

Knownig "if" / "when" unexptected repairs will hit one's RDV seems to be a random thing. And, it's a hit/miss for each specifc vehicle as well. With this in mind (since it sounds like you love Gloria so much), I'd "drive her until she drops and cannot be rebuilt anymore". The "Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall" saying...

If wondering, my wife has an '03 RDV (FWD basic model). Only repairs / replacements to date is 2 x front wheel bearings and 2 x front brake rotors - which seems to be a common "wear / tear" items with these front end heavy weight design vehicles. Our "Blue Thing" (which we call our RDV), always starts in the deep cold, always gives us a great smooth ride, has firm steering and overall, it's a "fun vehicle" to drive. Especially for a local "run about" vehicle - where MPGs savings isn't a high priority.

For our "Blue Thing", we plan to "drive her until she drops - and isn't worth fixing anymore". Actually, we're hoping to keep our RDV for another 5+ years - since it has no external rust and is still running great. And when she does need to be replaced, we'll probably replace with simular shape "pre-owned" mini-SUV vehicle shape - like Torrent or GM Equinox. Or, perhaps a Santa Fe.

Hope this helps with your Gloria....

• 2002nightmare2002nightmare Member Posts: 5
    Hi There
    I am having a major problem with my 2002 Buick Rendezvous. I have already had a part on both sides of the rear replaced, the dealership said that this would fix the problem but to no avail. While other cars on the road can go 60 - 65 miles per hour in very mild snowy conditions, I cannot go more the 30 or I will spin out. I absolutely cannot control the vehicle on ice, snow, or loose gravel. The rear end just sways back and forth. I am at a complete loss, I have no other vehicle and three small children. It is just a matter of time before a disaster happens. I dont know what to do. This car is too dangerous to drive in the winter months but I got to get to work and I cannot afford a new car. If anyone has any insight, please repond.
    Thank you
    Concerned Mother
    Number one on my list of thoughts is tires (those 4 little patchs of rubber on the road are the first thing to ensure control is maintained not matter what vehicle you are driving), do you have winter tires and are they in good shape? After that proper tire inflation, proper alignment could be a consideration. Is yours FWD or AWD and do you have traction control turned on if FWD. Any lights indicating problem with AWD or ABS?
    I had the same issue with my 02 Rendezvous, the issue was that the people who owned it before me had put the wrong size tires on it. I put all new tires on it this fall, which cost about $550.00, and I have had no problems this winter on the roads. The car is actually a dream in the snow, as for any car ice will always be an issue.
    Hi,
    Yes, I got new tires two months ago. It is a FWD and there are no lights indicating any issues with the ABS :( The traction control is on. I truly am at a loss as to what is wrong, The dealershiip is not able to help. I bought the car in 2005 and did not have a problem with it until last winter. The rear tires were severly warn on the outsides and the dealer told me that the part they replaced was causing the tire wear and would also cause me to be unable to control the car in winter road conditions. Well.... it did take care of the tire wear but I still cannot control the car on snowy roads. It is more severe then just that the roads are bad. I have lived in Michigan my whole life so I am very experienced with winter roads. In very mild conditions I cannot go more then 25 - 30 miles per hour when everyone else is still going 60 or more. I can feel the back of the car just swaying back and fourth. It feels the same as bald tires on snow and ice. :lemon: Does anyone know if there is a chance that the rear tires could be a different size then the fronts? I have never heard of that but maybe for this car that is the issue? They put the same size tires on all four wheels
    Thanks and any more input is much appreciated

My wife & I have 2003 FWD RDV and if driven with normal winter driving TLC, our vehicle holds the snow/icy roads well. Actually, our RDV holds my winter roads better then our "lighter weight" mini-van.

For your 2002 RDV, stock tire size should be: 215/70R16. During winter time, some folks upgrade to slightly wider 225/70R16 rubber (on all 4 tires on their own steel rims). Regardless of stock size or +1 wider rubber size (only for winter months), all rubber must be the exact same size (and same brand - if possible). With cloth and water/soap in hand, you may want to wash the outside of your RDV's tires. Each tire must have the same numbering. re: 215/70R16. And ask your local auto shop to insure each of your tires are inflated at the same air pressure as well. Even 5 lbs LESS air in one tire could make it sway.

As a test, drive down the paved road (while no others are around you) and let go of the steering wheel. Does your vehicle want to wonder to the left, wonder to the right? If so, your RDV needs an aligment. (or perhaps its wheel bearings is gone). With hands off the steering wheel and no one around, hit the brakes. Does your brakes pull your RDV to the left, or pull to the right? Does your steering wheel shimmer back and forth under hard dry braking condition? If so, you need the brakes looked after. If steering wheel shimmer while braking hard also means a warped rotor. If one rotor needs to be replaced, replace both at the same time.

Another common problems with RDVs is front wheel bearings wearing out. When front wheel bearings wear out, the vehicle gets way too much "over steeer" and "under steer". Lots of road wondering as well. Approx 2 years ago, my wife's RDV felt sloppy in the corners. After lots of tests, we got both its front wheel bearings replaced (with higher quality replacement parts). Today, its steering is now firm and tight. No more sloppiness on the corners. And, no more wondering down the straight road either. As a suggestion, get your RDV's front bearings inspected. If needed, replace with higher quality replacement parts. Glad I did this repair (upgrade) on my wife's RDV.

Also... If you lost faith in your current dealer, perhaps visting a specialist alignment shop is better? Especially if you feel the problem with your RDV is an alignment or perhaps a support/stablizer bar issue - not a core mechancial issue.

Hope these ideas help....

Thank you for your answers. We jacked the car up and looked at it ourselves and saw that both of the springs behind the wheels are broken right in half. I called a new mechanic and have it set up for service. How could they have not noticed this? In any case, I already placed a complaint with the dealer. They asked me to bring it back in and I said NO WAY!!! Taking my business elsewhere.

Good find. re: Broken coil springs in the rear of your RVD. Good eyes!!!! Yes. It amazes me that your dealer missed these broken rear coil springs as well. When replacing tires, you'd think they'd do a simple visual inspection (like you did) in that area as well. Definately look for a different auto mechanic. Your blind mechanic should NOT be working on any cars - especially on vehicles that transport kids around...

If you tow a trailer or tend to put lots of cargo in the rear of your RDV (like we do), you may want to investigate the addition of Timbren SES units as well. If wondering, Timbren SES units fit inside the coil springs and replace factory bump stops. When rear of vehicle is compressed down too much, they come in contact with the Timbren SES units. Vision air bags filled will soft rubber - instead of compressed air. If wondering, we have Timbren SES units on our vehicle and love them. They do NOT impact empty ride comfort or change "empty" vehicle stance. But when loaded down, the rear of our vehicle is much firmer - without worry of air shocks or air bags blowing. For more details, surf: http://www.timbren.com/timbren-application-guides/application-pdfs/GMRAZT.pdf

Hope this helps as well....

• wifey2uwifey2u Member Posts: 1
    Yes, include me in the '02 Class Action Suite. I bought my car new in 2002, and the ABS light comes on every time we go over a bump, called GM, and they said that this is the first time that they heard of this, so I went online, and I am not alone. So, please include me in. Thanks.
  • dlhoffmandlhoffman Member Posts: 2
    Hello, do you have any information regarding the class action suit.
    I just purchased a 2002 rendezvous and now the power to the windows and raio are locked can't roll them up on the radio it says locked. I took it to a mechanic he says take it back where you bought it from, but I purchased as is. I got a diagnostic it says I need body control module replaced, intake manifold gasket, air conditioner condenser, what is wrong with this vehicle, 2 days and now I am screwed. Does anyone have any advice.
  • dlhoffmandlhoffman Member Posts: 2
    Hello, do you have any information regarding the class action suit.
    I just purchased a 2002 rendezvous and now the power to the windows and radio are locked can't roll them up on the radio it says locked. I took it to a mechanic he says take it back where you bought it from, but I purchased as is. I got a diagnostic it says I need body control module replaced, intake manifold gasket, air conditioner condenser, what is wrong with this vehicle, 2 days and now I am screwed. Does anyone have any advice.