Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Caliber Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited March 2014 in Dodge
Talk about your lease deals here!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• jpatrick1jpatrick1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    Looking for Residual % and Lease Factors for the following:
    Zip code: 14072 NY, 12,000 miles per year, 24 month, 36 Month, 39 month lease
    Model #1: Dodge Cailber SE w/ Power option
    Model #2: Dodge Cailber SXT

Thanks for all your help,
    JPatrick1
    Anyone? :confuse:
    Car_man,
    Do you know the time frame on when you will have any lease info that is stated above?
    Thanks for your help.
    Patrick
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    I don't know how much the factors change per state but my lease info for MI is

55% Residual Value for 36 Mos and a .00338 Money Factor. Of course these figures change quarterly so by the time my car arrives they will have changed. I expect it to go up $20-$40 per month in payment because the RV will drop.
  • rws0131rws0131 Member Posts: 27
    Car_man,

Do you happen to know these numbers for 15,000 miles per year for the 27 and 36 month offers? I assume they should be pretty good based on what is on Edmunds.com.

Thanks,

RWS
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi RWS. You definitely do not want to lease this car for any term other than 24 months. That is the "sweet spot" with Chrysler Financial's lease program for it right now. This car's exact lease program varies by trim level, for now I will provide you with info on its program for the base model. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a base 2007 Dodge Caliber through Chrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00031 and 66%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • rws0131rws0131 Member Posts: 27
    Car_man,

Do they have a 24 month lease on this car? The few dealers I talked too only gave me 27 month #'s. I was looking into the AWD model and also the SXT. Thanks.

RWS
    Yes, the numbers that I mentioned in my previous post are for a 24 month lease. I haven't seen the 27 month numbers, but the money factor for 27 months might be the same. The 24 month, 15,000 mile per year money factor and residual value for the Dodge Caliber AWD are .00125 and 66%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Caliber SXT are .00140 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • flyusmcflyusmc Member Posts: 10
    Hey all I just did the dodge.com website lease 999 down and 239 for 27 months. It seemed like a good deal? Your imputs or did I just get juiced?

Thanks,
    Andy
    P.S. The dealer even gave me the SXT 24E package (SXT Sport) with Sirius, 6 Disc CD, 17 inch wheels, Sunburst Orange paint and interior accents, Fog lights, and SXT sport trim.
    I guess since nobody replied to me I must be getting not a good deal. How come?

-Andy
    Hi Andy. It is difficult for anyone to give a detailed analysis of your deal without knowing this car's MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show how much of a discount you were given and will enable anyone who reads your post to estimate what your lease payment should have been if they have Chrysler Financial's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hey Car Man. My MSRP was $18,538.94 + ($575.00) Tax, title and Registration.

Capt Cost Reduction was $ 6349.50
    Purchase price at the end of lease is $12.351.45

Lease terms are(were) $999 down 239+tax (Like 14 dollars) Per month for 27 Months.
    I get 12000 Miles per year (I drive around 11,500 a year) .20 per mile over.

Thats it.
    Any advice on if this is good? I've noticed They (Chrysler Financial/Dodge) stopped advertising this lease deal on their website. Hmm....
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Wow!!! My dealer called (two months later) me today after I changed states, and told me that Chrysler Finicial said becasue I paid for my entire lease up front, the cancelled the contract and had me sign a new one that I pay $450 less!!!!! Go Onterio Dodge!
    Hey Andy. $6,349.50 is a huge capitalized cost reduction. Are you paying this out of your own pocket or is any of it a dealer discount? Given this car's small margins I suspect that you are paying a lot of this as a down payment. It is in your best interest as a consumer not to make any sort of down payment when leasing. I say this because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_Man. I did a one time lease payment. I did not want a monthly lease payment. I got lease coverage from my military insurance that covers my down payment. I did pay for this all out of my pocket.

-Andy
  • billwfriendbillwfriend Member Posts: 44
    I priced out a loaded SE, getting the net price up near 17k. A 39mos lease with 0 down and 15k miles a year = 298/mos totalling $11,662.

Take that lease to 48mos, and it's only $211 per mos totalling $10,182.

Gee, do I want to pay $11,662 for use of the same vehicle over 39mos, or pay $10,182 for use over 48 mos!

I've got a dealer looking into this apparent issue with Dodge.com 'build and price' lease pricing. If this is for real, and Dodge wants to lose money by having people lease for 4 years instead of 3, I'm all for it!!!
  • uofmrapperuofmrapper Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man -

I am looking for residuals and money factors for a lease on an 08 Dodge Nitro, 4x4 SXT, MSRP $24,690 with 12,000 miles for 36 months. I also qualify for Daimler Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Preferred Pricing. Looking to go to dealer tomorrow so advice needed asap!

There is no Dodge Nitro forum so I am posting here and also in the Jeep Liberty forum.

Thanks.
    Here you go, uofmrapper. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 1008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00051 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • newblokenewbloke Member Posts: 2
    Hi I'm from Australia and we have only recently received the Caliber over here.I love the way they look and will be taking one for a test drive in January. I am looking at buying one in the new year and have been hunting for details on the current models. I'm looking to buy a 2.4 manual and the only way they are sold over here is in the R/T. I have been checking out the dealer sites and most of them dont even list the 2.4. Yours is the only forum I've found and most of the comments seem to be ealier models. Do you have any comments on the 2007/2008 models that I am missing in my hamfisted computer ignorance? or links to other forums with more details?
    Thanks for your time, Newbloke
  • bigtsrbigtsr Member Posts: 149
    Welcome to the forum Newbloke.
    I can only refer to what's available in North America
    and the RT is only availiable with the 2.4L here.
    It does come with FWD/5speed or AWD/CVT(auto)
    and has no option for either the 1.8L or 2.0L petrol
    engines.
    I believe from posts on other Caliber forums that you
    can option the 2.0LCRD deisel in Australia which is
    not a NA option.
    Do a google for Caliberforums(z) and you will find other Aussies
    who own Calibers already.
  • newblokenewbloke Member Posts: 2
    Thanks bigstr
  • equuspwrequuspwr Member Posts: 6
    Car Man or anyone, I wonder if you can help me? First I would like to know how you figure out the risidual value and how you use it, and how do you figure out the "money factor" and how it is used. It may be a little too late to ask these questions because I already put a down payment on a car, but I have 2 days to back out. Can you tell me if I made a good deal? I leased a 2008 Dodge SXT 2.0L engine. Sticker price is $18,850.00 total. The salesman said he was charging me $16,252.00 for the car. I put $1,500.00 down, and $219 a month for 36 months and 12,000 Miles a year. The salesman said that I didn't need Gap insurance because it is built into the lease, (Chrysler takes care of it), and it is an open end lease, but no matter what happens I will not owe any money when I turn the car in. I live in Long Island NY 11590. Does any of this make sense, and did I get a good deal?
    PS. My tax rate is 8.625%.
    How long does it take to get a reply to a post? I ask this as a factual question, not in a sarcastic manor. I am asking because I am stalling picking up the car until I get a reply, but I can't stall for too long, and I want the car. I will wait until wednesday and then go ahead with the deal anyway. :confuse:
    PS. When I mentioned my Tax rate in the prior post, that was the local area sales tax, not the rate on the loan.
  • bigtsrbigtsr Member Posts: 149
    Possibly no one with leasing knowledge has read your post,
    I know that I have never leased one but thought I would let you know
    your post has been seen.
    Just not by anyone with the knowledge to give you a decent answer.
    Has anyone ever heard of a charge to turn a leased car in? Not extra mileage or damage, or tires, or anything like that. This was on the form when I signed for the lease. The sales mgr. said it covered the cost of transportation and other miscellaneous expenses. Is it legit??
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    I remember when I leased my cars one of the selling points was no Disposition (?) charge. I asked what that was and was told that it was the charge to return the car. I remember telling the salesman that I couldn't believe that anyone would have the nerve to charge that fee.
    Greetings newbloke. This particular discussion is for consumers to discuss leasing the Dodge Caliber. You will have better luck getting others' opinions on this car b visiting the "Dodge Caliber" and the "New Caliber Owners - Give Us Your Report!" discussions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi equuspwr. Residual values and money factors are not calculated. Banks that lease vehicles provide dealerships with lists of what factors and residuals they must use to calculate vehicles' lease payments. The following article describes how to do so: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's take a look at your deal. You leased a 2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L that has an MSRP of $18,850 and a selling price of $16,252. You are being given a discount of around $2,600 on a car that doesn't have much of a spread between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. This looks like a very attractive price to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with used Chrysler Financial's buy rate lease money factor of .00125 to calculate your monthly payment and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello equuspwr. Many banks charge an an end-of-term fee known as a disposition fee on leases. The last time that I checked, Chrysler Financial charged a $425 disposition fee to customers who turn-in their leased vehicles and do not lease a new one.

Car_man
    Host
    I went ahead and leased the car. I'm not sure whether I got a good deal or not. This is the first time I ever leased a car and I wasn't too lease savvy. Like I said, The car's msrp was 18,850, the selling price wound up to be 16,300, and I put 1,500 down and pay 218 a month, 36 months, 12,000 miles a year. Free oil changes for the entire lease too. They say ignorance is bliss, so I am very blissful. I am happy with the car so far. It runs nice, looks nice and is living up to my expectations so far. True, I only have about 300 miles on it so far, but I will keep you updated on the car in one of the other owner forums. Thanks again.
    You're very welcome, equuspwr. Thanks for stopping back and letting us know how everything turned out. I'm glad that you like your car so much. It looks like you did fine. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.