Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Classic Car Shows and Events

Comments

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    I'm taking my 1989 Cadillac Brougham to a show in Stuttgart and then to Munich! :P
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    There is that small but rabid contingent of Europeans who love big American barges. Your Brougham would have some fans for sure.
  • eastwoodcoeastwoodco Member Posts: 7
    I usually attend Das Awkscht Fescht in August as well. And, yes, the Deutsche Classic is all German cars. Some interesting stuff comes out of the woodwork for this show. Last year, there was a 1944(!) KdF...the earliest Volkswagen I've ever seen in person.

On the way to the show, you can get your picture take in front of the Fleetwood Metal Body Company building, which is still standing.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    I just caught mention of this in the local paper.

GTO and Grand Prix Co-Vention
    Nutter Center (Wright State University), Fairborn (Dayton), Ohio

for July 10-11, 10 am - 5 pm.

The parking lots are all reserved for the particpants! and a shuttle service for $1 from Lot 4, a campus parking lot, is being used. If you googleearth the Nutter Center, that is a lot of area for the participants so they must be expecting lots of cars from the two clubs. This includes the unpaved remote parking for the Nutter Center.

More info with links at

nuttercenter.com for July 10-11, 10 am - 5 pm.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,655
    Well as soon as I get off my butt and throw the beer cooler in the trunk, the 5th Ave and me are Carlisle bound! I'll catch up with y'all when I get back on Sunday!
    from the Mopar show in one piece. It was a fairly productive trip, too. I ended up scoring a gas tank for the DeSoto, and some Cordoba/Mirada style aluminum rims. They were filthy, but should clean up pretty well. $75 for the set. Once they're on my NYer, it should look sorta like this.
  • tvaguetvague Member Posts: 11
    Correction: Spectators is $10 a person, children 12 and under are free.
    Raffle tickets can be purchased at $1 each or 7 for $5.
    Looks like I am going to have to be sure to attend the big local concours this year....hopefully the weather will be nice, and I can drive the old car, as it will be very appropriate this year.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    July 16th - Autocross -

Our 2nd annual autocross will be held at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington. Autocrossing is a motorsports event in which a course is laid-out using traffic pylons as gates on a large, paved area, which is generally free from obstructions. Competitors are given the opportunity to walk through the course to familiarize themselves with the pattern and devise a driving strategy. Cars are then allowed onto the course one at a time, and the driver must navigate the course as quickly as possible, passing through each gate in the appropriate order. Typically each driver is allowed at least three attemps, or runs, with the fastest time recorded as their competition time.

Track time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
    Tech starts at 7:00am.
    Space is limited to 80 vehicles
    (Ford powered only)
    All vehicles must pass a technical inspection.
    Pre-registration: $35
    Day of event: $40

Contact info is Shannon Wolk - partsgoddess23@hotmail.com

Friday
    July 17th - "Pony Trails to Yakima"
    More Info to Follow

Saturday
    July 18th - MCA Regional Judged Show
    Bellevue Community College
    Steve Hermans 206-930-3221
    Rob Ogden 206-933-7461

Sunday
    July 19th - Peoples Choice Show
    Bellevue Community College

For further details or any questions,
    call Ron Foster - 425-743-3592 or email...

Roundup@Mustangsnorthwest.com
    Maybe this year I will stop by the correct entrance, and some guy won't think I am trying to enter the show in an ancient Mercedes ;)
    Family fun and community spirit come together in support of a worthy charitable cause, Saturday, July 25th, 10:00am to 4:00pm at Earl Warren Showgrounds, 101 fwy and Las Positas offramp in Santa Barbara.

Hundreds of painstakingly and lovingly built show vehicles are gathering from throughout California and neighboring states in support of Seafaring Opportunities For Those In Need (SOFTIN), Inc., a genuine (501c3) nonprofit providing at-sea education and skill-building experiences for disabled, impaired, victims of abuse, frail elderly and youths-at-risk. All proceeds fund SOFTIN programs.

Visitors to the show will ogle and admire “cherry” cars, (classics, hot rods, lowriders), trucks and bicycles, listen and dance to Redfish classic rock band, listen to popular DJs mixing music and announcements, visit vendor booths filled with goodies and services, peruse and bid on fun and valuable donated items, try for raffle prizes, and find fun things for kids to do…. All to support SOFTIN’s programs benefitting special-needs people.

Using the healing powers of the sea and emotional excitement of interaction with critters of the sea, SOFTIN’s educational curriculum teaches special-needs people and youths-at-risk about the waterfront, types of vessels, jobs on the water, principles of ethical angling, ocean conservation, marine debris prevention, water quality management.

Come support a worthy charity and have a great time. Tickets are $10. Sponsored by Toyota of Santa Barbara, Steve Nuttall Trucking Redfish Classic Rock Band, Cathy’s Daycare. For more information, contact Capt. Tiffany Vague: tvague@softininc.org or (805)574-9388.
    ;)
    Anybody going to Macungie, PA on the weekend of July 31st thru August 2nd? I plan on being there Saturday, August 1st.
    I stopped by the local Mustang show today. I didn't get a chance to get over there until after 2PM, so many cars were leaving or already gone. Still, I saw a few cool cars. At least two dozen Shelbys, a couple of Panteras, a nice 63.5 Falcon Sprint with a 260, a 2K mile (I think) Contour SVT, some 80s notchbacks made up like period state patrol cars - one even had all of the period communication gear, a trio of discofied Mustang II Cobras, and many other interesting cars.

I was going to look for euphonium's pony, but I didn't seem to be able to remember what it was. A 66 GT wasn't specific enough :shades:
    I & my car was there. "66 GT Coupe. Took 3rd out of 24 hardtops entered. It was a good day. :)
    Congrats ;)

What color is your car?
    Ivy Green Metallic. GT White racing stripes. Wire wheel covers. WSW tires. Ivy Gold Pony interior, with White inserts.

I was parked next to the First place winner, '65 Poppy Red, Redline tires. On the other side was a '66 Wimbleton White with after market Blue racing stripe.

Factory GT's constituted only 4.2% of production.

Sorry we missed each other.
    Next year I'll have to keep an eye out ;)
    Next year will be the club's 30th and also a Grand National Show.

I hope to be there, but at my age I don't buy Green Bananas & many restaurants demand payment in advance! ;)
    Oh, you'll be around for a while yet :P

I was surprised at the turnout, even if many cars were modern and not so interesting to me.
    Saturday, Vancouver, WA show, took 3rd again while competing with Restomods.

Sunday, Port Orchard, WA, took 1st among 17 other hardtops, no Restomods.

9 Aug, Puyallup, South Hill Mall, weather permitting. Please no rain.
  • hudsonthedoghudsonthedog Member Posts: 552
    Here's a great show in Pennsylvania. Please check out my article at: http://automotivetraveler.com/jump/1091

Let me know what you think.
    I was there! I had my '67 Catalina convertible there, in between a forest green mid-70's Corvette and a brown '74 Dart Swinger. It's kind of a pale, creamy yellow; I think they called it "Montego creme". Anyway, that reminds me, I took a bunch of pics that I still need to upload!
  • hudsonthedoghudsonthedog Member Posts: 552
    I'm sorry I didn't photograph your Pontiac, but I did get lots of pictures. They're on my CarSpace page...check them out.

Hudson's Page
    Pics from the local concours today....some unusual and significant cars present
    Take in the Mustang West Show @Huntamer Park, College Ave., Lacey from 8 to 4. If from the 98006 area it shouldn't take more than 4 hours to drive home. ;)
    Weather should be good. The only show in I will see in 98004 tomorrow is my old relic coming out for its weekly exercise, while mother nature is being so nice.
    well, it looks like the last car show of the year I normally go to, in Rockville MD, is going to be a bust. They're calling for rain pretty much all day tomorrow, and a high temp of 43 degrees. Not exactly convertible weather. Plus, it's been raining here for days, so I'm sure the hilly slope where they hold that show is going to be one big sloppy mess.

A lot of these old cars get called pigs, but I don't think that means they take well to mud!
  • ccwwuuccwwuu Member Posts: 1
    Classic Car Club of Hong Kong Event movie clips. Many rare and prefect

classic car competitive. Highly Recommend, Click Below links, ENJOY

http://g-me.com.hk/index.aspx?cid=0105
    SOFTIN's 2nd Annual Benefit Car/Truck/Bike Show
    100% of proceeds fund programs for the disabled, mentally impaired,
    victims of abuse, elderly and youth at risk.
    Sunday July 25th 2010 at Camarillo Air Field WWII Aviation Museum
    455 Aviation Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010
    Roll in time 6 AM - 10:30 AM Show Time: 11 AM to 5 PM
    Show goes on Rain or Shine!
    All cars, trucks and bikes welcome! Classic Cars, Hot Rods, Lowriders, Motorcycles & Bicycles Room for 300 cars. Limited indoor spaces.

Specialty's: Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Chrome, Best Car, Best Truck, Best Bike, [b]Best Peddle car [/b]Best Motorcycle
    Most Club Participation, Best Display, People's choice awards 1st, 2nd and 3rd and over 90 categories for 1st and 2nd places.
    Cash prize for Best All Around. 50/50 Raffle, Kiddie Corner and more....
    Dash Plaques and goody bags for pre-registrations.

[b]Pre-register cars and trucks by March 10th, 2010 $20
    Pre-register bikes, trikes and peddle cars by March 10th, $10[/b]
    Pre-register cars and trucks by July 10, 2010. $25
    Pre-register bikes by July 10, 2010 - $15,
    [b]Register on sight cars and trucks[/b] $35.
    Register on sight bikes, trikes and Peddle cars - $20.
    Mail in check or money order (made out to SOFTIN, Inc.) to
    Captain Tiffany Vague 1192 South 13th St. Grover Beach, CA 93433
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
    Club name: _____________________________
    Name: _______________________________ Phone: _____________________
    E-mail___________________________ Address: __________________________
    City: _______________ State: ____ Zip: ________
    Car year: _________ Make: __________ Model: ____________
    Bike year: _________ Make: __________ Model: ____________
    Classification: _________________________
    [b]Event T-shirt [/b]$8 each for pre-registration $10 at show (until supplies last)
    Circle: S M L XL 2XL Quantity: ___

Entrants assume all responsibility for the safety and security of their vehicle and related property,
    including the risk of damage, or loss of their property. In consideration of the acceptance of
    the right to participate, all entrants and participants, by execution of this entry form, release
    and discharge sponsors, their officers, their employees and representatives, and anyone else
    connected with the "SOFTIN's 2nd Annual Car Show" and Camarillo Air Field from any and all
    damages, injuries, losses, and/or claims from any cause whatsoever that may be suffered by an
    entrant to his/her property as a result in participation in the SOFTIN's 2nd Annual Car Show.
    Further, each entrant agrees to defend and indemnify all the foregoing entitles, firms, person
    and bodies from any and all liability arising from any actions or conduct of entrants, or
    participants assisting or cooperating with the entrant and/or under the direction and control of
    entrant during the course of the show.
    Signed: _________________________________ Date: _________________
    [img]http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/TiffanyVague/Softincarshowflyer201- 0.jpg[/img]">
    This is going to be a really fun show! :)
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Tents down, many cars damaged! :cry:

Read all about it:

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/article/scottsdale-auction-damage/
    El Nino is a bratty child ;)
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Russo and Steele is now saying that the damage wasn't as bad as people think, but of course they have a dog in this fight and might be trying to salvage a really bad situation.

I wouldn't store my $120K classic car in a tent, no way, no how.
    I wouldn't let my convertible sit in such an environment for a long period with the top down either, especially if it was raining outside.
    El Nino is a bratty child

What do you suggest we do, Jim? Give him a spanking?! :P
    Anybody planning on attending the Spring Carlisle meet this coming weekend?
  • luanneluanne Member Posts: 1
    The general public is invited to join Chip Foose and many highly coveted vehicles at the 2nd annual SEMA Show ‘N Shine Car Show, taking place at the Pasadena Convention Center (300 E. Green St, Pasadena, CA, 91101) on Sat., July 24, 2010, 10 am-4 pm. With Foose as grand marshal, the event gives car lovers a chance to see vehicles from his personal collection along with those of other top designers and builders. Held in conjunction with the SEMA CARES Pinewood Drag Races, proceeds will benefit children’s charities Childhelp and Victory Junction. Admission tickets available onsite only: $5/adult, kids 12 and under are free. Vehicle entry is $75 and includes collector-edition T-Shirt, with awards in various categories. Details: www.sema.org/shownshine; or Mike Clark at 702/450-7662, ext. 108.
    This Friday-Sunday (6/25-6/27). Anybody in the more-or-less local area planning on going? Lemko's going on Saturday, and taking his '89 Brougham. And as soon as the coffee kicks in, I'll finish packing my '67 Catailna, and will head on up there for the whole weekend.
    We had a very scary storm here yesterday afternoon. Fortunately, most of it was to the southwest of me. South and West Philly and Delaware County got hit the worst. How's the weather going to be tomorrow? I already have the DTS ready as a backup.
    edited July 2010
    Informal car show on the eastside of Seattle this Sunday...in an affluent area, so there are some interesting vehicles seen in old shows. I've thought about taking the old beast, but I don't know if I want to spend a whole Sunday there...or if its patinated condition will be outclassed by every other entrant.

I think the big local Mustang show euphonium attends is coming up soon too.
    I would encourage you to enter because there is a lot of pleasure and satisfaction in not only seeing other cars, but talking to their owners as well.

You're right about the Grand National Mustang Show, Bellevue College, the following weekend, 17th & 18th. I will attend the Participants Choice Show on Sunday and look forward to visiting with a couple of old friends & other entrants.

If I get into the wood - fine, but don't expect to this year as the competition at the Grand National is extreme. Hope to see you there. :)
    Yeah, I've been thinking I will...I know there will be some other MB there, hopefully some other unrestored cars too. My car isn't that bad for a nearly 50 year old beast with 250K miles on it...it's just not the pristine pink of perfection usually seen at a show. More and more people are respecting preservation...or so, they should.

Hopefully the weather will hold for your show, I remember last year it was pretty warm. I plan on stopping by sometime on the Sunday of the event.
    Anybody planning on going to the Carlisle Chrysler show this weekend July 9 thru 11?
    I'm heading up tomorrow morning, Lemko. And no, I'm not putting the 5th Ave in the burnout contest. :P
    edited July 2010
    Stopped by the Mustang show today...didn't notice Euphonium (IIRC his car is a blue 66 GT), but I wasn't there til around 3, so maybe he left as I know its a drive.

Saw every Mustang one could imagine of course, including what I think was the first GT350, a 64 Pace car, 3x 79 Pace Cars, old police cars, ASC McLaren versions of the Capri and Mustang, every Shelby and Saleen variant imaginable, a pristine loaded white on white Mustang II Ghia...a good show for people who like Stangs. Some cool non Mustang cars too...a first gen Cougar XR7 with a factory sunroof stays in my head, along with an extremely cool fully documented black on black 63 Galaxie convertible 427/4 speed.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    I really like the first generation Cougar. In addition to the exterior styling, the dashboard was nice too. If only Mercury had continued to design such beautiful cars it wouldn't be closing shop today.
    I was interested in the sunroof, a very rare option on those cars...but the car itself was cool too, sequential turn signals almost guarantee something interesting.
    The 66 Ivy Green Metallic GT was there until 4 o'clock because it was awarded First Place in it's class in the closing ceremony.

We were parked next to a Poppy Red Coupe, it took 2nd in the A Class.

There were 25 64.5 to 66 Coupes entered yesterday.

Did you take in the Resto mods? There were some beauty's there like "Burpule" a stunning 66 GT Coupe with very tasteful mods.

The Long Distance award went to a couple from NC!! Well, it was a Grand National Show that included many from BC & Alberta too.

This is over a day later & my grin is starting to fade a little.
This discussion has been closed.