Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Classic Car Shows and Events

1235»

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    D'oh...no wonder I didn't find you when I was looking for a blue car :shades: ...I figured I would look at the blue 66s and one would have some note about the owner being from SW WA, and it would be you. Oh well. Congrats on your award.

One thing I wonder about at that venue, among the pine trees...don't the cars get pine sap on them in the warm weather? That would drive me insane.

I did see the resto mods, yes...what I remember most were a couple Shelby "GT-E" cars which are pretty mean looking.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    pine sap can be a problem when it is hot enough. Luck had the hardtop (coupes) parked in the center of the lot without any shade trees to drip.

Next Sunday we go to Port Orchard - "Mustangs on the Waterfront" is very scenic with cool breezes blowing on shore during a sunny day. It is a smaller, but very fun show with the usual same good natured entrants to visit.

Euph-
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    A little ice water takes sap off quite nicely.
    And in the process, I'd be tempted to mix a little of it with something. ;)
    That's my preference---when i get obsessed with using Q-tips to clean my AC vents, I just step back and have a few cold beers and soon I really don't care anymore.

I mean, god bless 'em, 68 Chevelles are not Bugattis---they can get a little dirty without the world coming to an end.
    I couldn't help but thinking when I was there that those nicely and sometimes perfectly restored cars were going to need a detail after being under those trees. Then again, I have a fixation about smooth paint - maybe everyone else doesn't share this. I run my hands on the flat parts of my car often to ensure it is clean. I'm a little OCD, I admit :shades: When I was there I was sure to find a parking area away from the trees.

Ice water...I will remember that. Maybe if I wrap ice cubes in a washcloth and give the car a good wipedown?

The Bellevue Mustang show is a good event for this area, which generally has little car show culture aside from the Kirkland Concours in September (highly recommeded). There was a Buick Nationals a few years ago...hopefully that will come back too.
    edited July 2010
    For AC vents & other small orifices, I found the vacuum brush works very quickly. The bristles are long enough and soft enough & the vacuum can suck chrome off the bumper. Using Q Tips frustrates me.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Congrats on the Mustang award - any pics to be viewed?
    Thanks for the Congrats & now I wish I knew the process of submitting pics on this website. :confuse:
    Okay...first you have to place your pix on a server (you can't upload from your computer at this time) and copy the URL. If you use photobucket, etc, make sure you have granted access to everyone (no passwords). You can also use your Carspace page if you've created one here (www.carspace.com).

Then, you go to the message reply box just like you always do, and click the "IMG" button down below here. After the first click, you paste in the URL of your photo; after the second click, you'll see "link title"---you erase that with backspacing and then add your own title BETWEEN the arrows.

If you want, you can practice with an image of a car you found on Google.
    did you get it yet?
    ; after the second click, you'll see "link title"---you erase that with

I have yet to see "link title" come up.

Sorry, but I don't get it.
    Okay, it IS confusing.

E-mail me and we'll get it done.
    edited August 2010
    Went to the local MBCA show today and Took a few pics

You can see both of my beasts there.

Oddest thing was probably an 18K mile 6.3, and a 6.9 Frankenbenz with powertrain put in a SWB W116.

Insanely hot day for here, 95+ in the suburbs...fintail did not like 75mph highway driving, temp gauge shot up, went lower when I got down to or below the limit.
    Me no-see-um...
    fintail needs radiator boiled out perhaps?
    I was thinking something like that yeah, something seems clogged maybe, or perhaps the thermostat isn't working right. I know it has been flushed in the past 5-8 years, maybe sooner.
    Visit my car space page & there will be a photo of the Mustang.
    Very nice!
    Thank you. :)
    GT grille with fog lights always looks nice on those
    Thank you. Prior to Halogens the fogs were replaced with General Aviation landing lights that are very bright, but are so hot, you have to be going at least 55 mph to keep them cool. Today, they are more for sho than go.

This Sunday the car is entered in www.columbiariverconcours.com & we hope it doesn't rain. :)
    Vintage fogs on a period car always look cool. My old car has period fog lights too, they often get a comment from those who are into the cars. Doesn't look like there should be much rain Sunday...good luck.

The big Kirkland Councours is in a few weeks...top event of the year up here, well worth the price of admission.
    edited September 2010
    Today was the annual Kirkland Concours d'Elegance, and I took quite a few pics...something for everyone, from affordable Model As to an amazing assortment of Ford/Shelby/Cobra cars, Packards, Alfas, bikes, boats, even a nice MB or two for me.
    Thank you for sharing the show. Excellent photography. Much appreciated. :):)
    You're very welcome ;)

I'm still kind of in awe of all the Cobras and GT40s.

But I'd have to say my faves are a couple of the Packards, the MB 380 roadster and the dirty unrestored gullwing, and that crazy big brass Peugeot.
    I was interested in viewing the 41 Cad Converts. I don't remember one colored Avacado. The '52 Cad Series 61 convert, in White, is appreciated as are the Fords of the 30's & Packards of course. Thanks again. :)
    edited September 2010
    Were any of the Cobras real, or just fakey-doos? It's not always easy to tell unless you get close in.
    Considering the very high quality of the Founders Committee who extends invitations to the participants, it is my opinion only genuine vehicles would be involved. Fakey doos reside mostly in the CA areas, but up here the Micro Soft engineer can easily afford the real deal.
    All real, as far as I know every one of them. The GT40s too. Most of the cars had their history spelled out on the card in front of the car. IIRC the car wearing #1 is actually Cobra #1, and of course the Daytona Coupe #13 is famous. I think there was also Shelby Mustang #1 in attendance too.
    That green 41 Caddy caught my eye too, a loud color for a not bright color, reminded me of Fiesta dinnerware. The white Caddy is actually a 53 Eldorado, the sought after expensive model.
  • parmparm Member Posts: 724
    A coupe of Saturday's ago, I attended the Labor Day weekend auction in Auburn, IN. I was very impressed with RM's effort. I think they took control of the auction in July, so they had a short time to pull it off and they did very successfully. I've been attending this auction for the last four years and they had more cars this year I would want. The quality of the cars was "kicked up a notch". Plus, improvements had been made to the grounds and facilities. A reporter from the Fort Wayne paper came up to me and asked some questions. I think he wanted to interview someone who could compare and contrast the auction under Kruse & RM's stewardship. That next day, my name and quotes were in the paper. Kind of cool to be quoted. :shades:
    It seemed to me there were a few quite reasonably priced cars that sold, judging from the listing I saw. I haven't been to Auburn in years. Quite a show.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Anybody going to the Fall Carlisle show this weekend?

The Cadillac-LaSalle Club/Valley Forge Region is having its Fall Meet this coming Sunday at Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA. I hope to have my Brougham there this year. I missed the last two years due to very poor weather. Last year's show was a complete washout.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,655
    Anybody going to the Fall Carlisle show this weekend?

Lemko, Fall Carlisle is actually the following weekend (September 29-October 3). Hershey is the weekend after that (Oct 6-9)
    Thanks! I'd have driven out there and grbeck would've been like, "What are you doing here?"
    I attended the Cadillac-LaSalle VFR National Fall Meet in Lahaska, PA with my 1989 Cadillac Brougham yesterday. It was the first time I attended in two years as the weather was very bad the previous two years and not so hot this time. I ended up washing and detailing the car two times this weekend just to get it back in the garage before the rain really broke lose! :mad:
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,655
    for anyone local to the DC area, the city of Rockville is putting on a classic car show tomorrow, 10/16/10, at the Rockville Civic Center. More info here: http://www.rockvillemd.gov/events/carshow.htm

And here's one thing that's kinda cool...if you click on the "View the 2010 Car Show Program" link towards the bottom of the page, on the cover, you can barely make out my '76 LeMans! It's a big pdf file though, so be forewarned!
  • tvaguetvague Member Posts: 11
    Sunday August 21st, 2011 at the Santa Maria Fairpark.

This is an all car show to raise funds for the physcally impaired, mentally impaired, victims of abuse, elderly and youth at risk programs for SOFTIN, Inc. 100% of all proceeds goes to SOFTIN, Inc.

Over 200 Catagories with 1st, 2nd place trophies. Specialty awards Most club participation, best engine, furthest distance "People's Choice Awards" etc! Also cash prizes, vendors, kiddie corner and lot's of Entertainment!

Pre reg forms can be downloaded on softin's web site: www.softininc.org
    Hot Rods have their own catagories, Classic cars have their own catagories, etc. etc.

Limted to 60 indoor spots

Pre-reg early for indoor spots. Convention indoor move in night before: times tba

Outside and Pavilion indoor spot move in 6:00 AM - 10:30 AM

Show time 11:00 AM til 5:00 PM

Pre-reg by June 2011 $25. June-August 19th $35

On sight registration $40

For more information contact tvague@softininc.org or go to the web site and download the pre-reg form.
This discussion has been closed.