Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Yaris Prices Paid

Comments

• ulthipsterulthipster Member Posts: 29
    I'm told that my "order" for the yaris hatchback, manual in bayou blue metallic and with the power package is set to be built in November and I can expect it sometime early January. Sound outrageous for my area of NH, 03053.. I just noticed that again there have been options for my area taken off of the toyota.com site. Weird. I'm a worrier but I do love Toyota. My family has always had amazing reliability with Toyota.
  • robertknrobertkn Member Posts: 94
    So, you placed your order in mid August and you're being told it will be built in November and delivered in January?
    Well, the toyota sales guy got a down payment last week in August, with my request for a 3-door blue bayou hatchback with power pkg. He attempted to "find" one in the "system" but said none were coming to our area, guess there was some issue with "ordering" the power pkg in my area but was able to get it placed and confirmed for build in Nov., delivery in Jan. So, is this a joke or what?

I really want the keyless entry and power mirrors so not happy but willing to wait. I'm really concerned about my current vw golf though, it's been a nightmare since day one brand new and hope it has no issues til then!
  • tjw1308tjw1308 Member Posts: 296
    Well at least you know what really happened. Believe it or not, that's not the case with a lot of people who place "orders" (sometimes even my own customers go somewhere else to place an "order" and find themselves in the exact same situation).

Frankly, even being a sleazy car salesman :P , I cannot STAND being lied to. I would be furious if I placed an "order" in August and it had come to this...

If you are unsatisfied with their resolution but still want the car, far and away the best way to "stick" it to them is to absolutely trash them on the survey you get from Toyota.

From a dealer's perspective, that is worse than being sued, put on the news, and losing 100 customers combined...

I truly hope it works out for you, as I am sure you would love the car... Unfortunately even the mighty Toyota can't control every over-zealous salesperson/manager that wants to take you "out of the market" by misleading you. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know :)

T
  • canuck785canuck785 Member Posts: 160
    no problem! ;)

yeah, it is for any car in the US! I love this web site! to me is it the easy way to find a car, unless you wanna check by dealer, and that IMO takes longer and limits your options.
    Thanks for the kind words. So, I know you don't know the exact salesman I'm working with or what, but do you think I'll get "my" car in January? I mean, if I am waiting that long I would hope it at least will be "coming" or is this just a waiting game for my sales guy now to see what shipments have what the next 3 months? Should I have done something different to get my car with the power pkg. It seems like Toyota as a whole was not clearly giving their dealerships information and availability of the yaris options or is that not a correct inference I have made? Even the Toyota site has changed what options are available in my 03053 area 2 times in the last 2 weeks! ....Just curious... seems like he wasn't sure if the cd player would play mp3s, I researched like mad and finally found something that said the cd/radio upgrade with the power package will play mp3 cds... do you know if that is indeed the case? Thanks again. :)

I had my dad's old celica in high school and loved that car so I'm sure I'll love the yaris... after that I had the honda crx and drove that baby into the ground.. this vw golf was just a wrong move altogether... what a mistake/nightmare! EEK.
    I don't get it.. .when I did that a week ago I found nothing, there wasn't even an option on toyota.com for my area to see stock of dealerships... those yaris liftbacks have my color and the power package in a stick shift? Ok, don't laugh but what is L/B ? never mind, just got it.. lift back. :)
    Also, ignore my comment about the toyota.com site and no dealership links, I forgot you said it was autotrader... I'm cking it out now... tx
    Hey, thanks for the information but those aren't manual transmissions I don't believe... when I searched for yaris with a manual trans. it came up with just two..
    I would consider hunting like crazy elsewhere, and if you can find one beforehand, buy it! You WILL get your deposit back (call the GM of the store if you have to, and use words like Toyota Corporate if he/she is a pain (he/she won't be though, as a pulled deposit on a Yaris just means one more ultra-rare one for him to sell to someone else).

The CD player most definitely plays mp3's :) . At least the one that comes with the convenience package...

Given what you are looking for in a car, you may also want to consider at least looking at the Fit (and this is coming from a Toyota guy lol). You may be able to get one just as fast, and by the time you load up a Yaris, it's almost the same price :)

Just some thoughts to help you kill time haha...

After owning one for a couple months now (a Yaris L/B (Liftback)), I'd wait a few months to get one! They are a hoot :)

T
    Yeah, I'm waiting for "my" Yaris.. *nervously wondering if there is an 'order' in for me and praying it is true and that my vw holds up!* I may sound naive but this sales guy is really down to earth compared to others I've dealt with in the past.I'm trying to have faith in him..... I just hope he's not leading me on and I am actually "in line" to get my preference like I've been told :confuse: :confuse: ...
  • canuck785canuck785 Member Posts: 160
    hey ulhipster, go check on
    http://www.autotrader.com/

i just typed your ZIP and ask for any toyota Yaris within a 100 miles from it there are PLENTY of Yaris in your area!
    even L/B in the color you want
  • cooljcoolj Member Posts: 15
    I have the opportunity to purchase a 2007 Yaris sedan (base not an S), auto with power package. It is a demo with 11,000 miles on it for $13,750 out the door? Is this a good deal? Any opinions please!
    Depends on how bad you want one with the power package I'd say...

It's not a bad deal, just not a screamin one :)

If you can live without the power package (I do, and I haven't suffered yet lol...), I'd probably spend a lil extra and just get a brand new one without it.

Just my 2c

T
  • mrrk47mrrk47 Member Posts: 104
    Hey you guys,
    Do you think its fair to pay msrp for a yaris right now. It is okay to do so.
  • rocketman10rocketman10 Member Posts: 20
    I also agree as to no need for the power package. I wish I had taken the Blazing Blue Yaris L/B I test drove on 5/13/06 (it was gone by the end of the day. Little did I know. I kick myself over that one. (The one I test drove had the CQ and All Weather Guard package. I ended up ordering it on 5/20/06 and it came in on 7/6/06 but an armest and bumper guard were included. I still kick myself for not knowing back then that it would take that long to get what I ordered (Blazing Blue automatic with CQ and All Weather Guard package.)

However, it was well worth the wait. I love my Liftback (I don't miss the power windows or power door locks or remote keyless entry.) Honestly, the car is small enough that you can open the windows with ease. Also, Toyota smartly designed the lock system. You can either lock the car using your keys when you exit or wonder of wonders put the lock to lock mode before you get out and close the door. As simple as that.

I don't miss the anti lock brakes (we have had rain, rain and did I say more rain and lots of rain since I purchased by Yaris L/B and it has performed well.

I say if you can get it without the power package since it doesn't seem to be made with it or with the side air bags that you will be fine. I actually love the simplicity and ease of use. I say don't deprive yourself and get your L/B now. It has made me happy as all get out and I don't think I will ever see the need for the power package when I get my next L/B several years down the road.

Good Luck in finding your L/B:)

BTW, I don't miss the no cruise either (I never ever used it on any of my cars but that's just me)
  • fastrunnerfastrunner Member Posts: 38
    First I need to say I agree with rocketman10 about not needing certain options on the Yaris LB. The model I purchase is PERFECT for me. I love the car. It is fun to drive, and I expect to get 40+mpg.

I do not feel you need to pay at this time MSRP. I purchased just one week ago a Medium Silver 5 speed Yaris LB for 12196. The MSRP was 12638. My discount was 442. 3.5% off.
    I got the convenience pkg, all-weather pkg, preferred access pkg. and paid 620. for delivery, processing, handling fee.
  • lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    You got a very good deal on that one. Demand must be easing up with the lower gas prices. Who knows how long this will be the case.
    I just traded for a polar white base sedan, and I must say It's great! It's a power pkg auto for 200 under msrp. I felt it was good also because I got a good price for my trade. I don't see many in white , is it a rare color for the Yaris?
    I have to say that for people who live in the SF bay area and are looking for a Toyota give Toyota Walnut creek a shot. NO pressure, low prices and fun buying exp.
  • elwoodhelwoodh Member Posts: 6
    I offered 13,800k OTD (I'm in SC where sales tax is only $300)for a CE sedan, 5 speed with the power package, and I think the salesperson thought it was a lowball (we've been negotiating over email).

Am I crazy to think this was a pretty fair offer? It's just a few hundred under MSRP.
  • statstat Member Posts: 19
    I paid $13700 OUT THE DOOR for my 4 door auto Yaris with mats. I live in the SE, too, but my tax rate is 7%. So, I got a steal for $13700
    well, stat.does yours have power package???
  • elwoodhelwoodh Member Posts: 6
    Never bought a new car before, but I want a Yaris. Let's say I go to my local dealer, and they don't have the options I want (basically I want to strip it down because I'm trying to stay at a certain price)

So, any dealer can "order" me one with my preferences, right? Color, options, etc.

However, should I just expect to pay full MSRP for an order? How does this work exactly?

Basically, the exact model is coming in a few weeks to my local dealer. Would I be dumb in trying to "reserve" it or something? I get the feeling if you show up on the lot drooling after a specific vehicle they can rake you over the coals...
    Nope. No power, just mats.
    Please provide us with the breakdown for how you acheived 13700 out the door with 7% tax. By my math, if you bought it new, it would put you at 12741 with NO other fees (license, doc, etc.) besides tax. Did you just pay for the car and tax? Or were there other fees involved?

T
    FINALLY, starting to see some positive signs as regards my order. I had all but thrown in the towel. At this point my recommendation would be to remain patient if you are in a postition to do so. I was not in a position to remain patient any longer, however things are finally looking up. More later... :)
  • homeriq5homeriq5 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a used automatic Yaris with 6000 miles, power package, all weather package, and keyless entry for 13900 from an individual. Gotta love ebay :)

The car is just great, couldnt be any happier.
  • lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    Just checked Ebay, couldn't find your transaction. What is the item number?
    Not a dumb question because the answer is not so easy. If you read back thru a few months worth of posts here you will find that until recently there was basically no option on liftbacks but MSRP due to plain old supply and demand. There were very few of them around and if you wanted one you had to pony up and take what could get. Some of us placed "orders" (which is another whole discussion in of itself which you can review here), but those were MSRP, too. A few were able to get sedans a little below MSRP, but it just depended on the circumstances.

The situation has now changed somewhat in that more seem to be available in both models and people are getting some discounts. A local dealer in my town had a black "sport" sedan "on sale" a couple weeks ago--for about$150 off the sticker if I remember correctly. The most important thing to understand is that there apparently isn't too big a markup on this model, so the dealers don't have much wiggle room to discount. Of course, you might find a dealer motivated to sell one at a discount.

As far as strategy--you know, it's supposedly still a pretty hot seller; so if you want one now just walk in and take your best shot. The door still swings both ways. I would think that if there is one coming in the way you want it, and you want it soon, you would be wise to go for it--if it isn't already allocated to someone. Sure, you can place on "order" but it could be weeks, months before you get it and it might cost you more....or less....

The bottom line is that the dealers don't have thousands of dollars in markup to "deal" with on this model, so you aren't going to save a huge amount of money by waiting.
    Here's my breakdown:

$12,800 (Yaris Sedan 4 door includes tag, title)
    $897 (tax)
    $3 (lemon law)

$13,700 - OUT the door

No doc fees, no pin striping or vin etching fees. NO NOTHING. NOT even fees for the Mats (and yes - those are the most expensive mats ever!!)
    Do your regions car prices include license plates and a years registration?

Just curious.

T
    "The bottom line is that the dealers don't have thousands of dollars in markup to "deal" with on this model, so you aren't going to save a huge amount of money by waiting."

Couldn't have said it better myself!

You COULD save yourself a few (maybe even hundreds) bucks by waiting and/or haggling with every dealer under the sun. Wasn't worth waiting or doing that, especially when we had what I wanted :) (I loooooove my car haha).

If a few hundred bucks is worth celebrating to you, great. But realize that if it matters THAT much to you, you probably shouldn't be buying a new car in the first place (it's going to depreciate more than that once you drive over the curb). If $$$ (especially a couple hundred bucks) is your primary motivating factor to buy, a new car is relatively a poor decision.

T
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    this myth of Yarii selling at MSRP should be rapidly disappearing into the mists of history by now.

City Toyota just south of S.F. is selling all Yaris S automatics in stock for $1035 off MSRP this weekend. They and several other dealers in the area have ads every weekend now for sales on all in stock of certain types of Yarii - City was selling Yaris L/B's for several weeks before this at about $700 off sticker, and that was just the MT with convenience package that stickered at $12,3.

This weekend's Yaris S autos are being sold for $13,8 and change at City and the next dealer south of it.

As for demand on L/B's, the backlog seems to have been met. My local dealer now has several on the lot, some with convenience package and some without, only one MT (knowing this dealer, it's surprising there's even one). All sitting there for at least a week, and one for about 2 1/2 weeks now.

Can't wait for them to actually start building L/B's for my area with the power package and additional stuff.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Again, in the days of $5000 rebates (thankfully not with Toyota of course), if a $1035 discount on the model with the MOST markup is worth celebrating, I somehow don't feel too bad about paying MSRP.

It also may be a myth regionally, but we still have no problem selling them at MSRP (and we have been letting deals walk over $300). Will it be that way forever? Of course not. The issue is, how much BETTER is it really going to serve you to wait?

If you are going to finance, be stuck in a car with worse gas mileage/maintenence needs while you wait, have to settle for a color/combo you didn't want... etc...

Probably not a whole lot. At least in the grand scheme.

T
    Yeah, I actually got another one : yaris base, power package auto sedan for 11,500. There must some fact to dealer rebates going on
    And yes , it was a new one ...3 miles on OD
  • homeriq5homeriq5 Member Posts: 5
    The item number is 110033032589
    how can I say this ....I don't believe you. I saw an ad in one of the ANG papers for 14888 or something like that for a S without power package (toyota 101). If what your saying is true they must have ordered large when gas was 3.00 plus a gallon and now are a bit worried cause they're sitting on the lot a while. BUt, when gas creeps up AND IT WILL the yaris, fit, aveo , accent, versa, etc.... will be priced at what they were( for a while). And again...I can't tell the future.
    Posting stuff like that can really give some people second thought syndrome
    Hey, thanks a lot for not believing me! :-)

I am looking at the ad, it is model #1442, City Toyota discount $1032 to be exact, original MSRP $14,920, Yaris S sedans, automatic, 39 mpg, blah blah blah....

Interestingly enough, they have Corolla CEs in the same ad, selling for $13,688 with automatic, which is $200 less.

I also note with yet more interest that all RAV4 2WD base model 4-cylinders are selling for $1786 off sticker, but now I am straying too far away from the topic at hand...

edit...I just checked the ads for Putnam and Melody, and they do not have Yarii on sale this weekend, but they have had them repeatedly in the last few weeks. Maybe they were so successful they ran out of stock. :-P

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Bottom line here...no power package...an S with no power equip..alloys are nice ...not that nice. Rolling 4 windows up and dwn...ewe no thanks. That must be some super loss leader for them...here in the east bay..that just ain't happ'n. Hayward had the corolla CE's for 13488. I almost went for that. More power to em!!!
    typo??? I just checked the toyota website model 1442 is the base sedan, whilist 1452 is the S sedan. But, the msrp's are right. Rocker panels, alloys, spoiler are great , not so great when this is your major commuter car, the power stuff beats rims anyday. THe Radio is much cooler with the power package. I'm happy with my base power pack for a few hundred off msrp.
    "I'm happy with my base power pack for a few hundred off msrp."

I wish people buying Yari would realize that pretty mush IS invoice lol (the few hundred bucks off).

Overall, it's important to realize we aren't talking about a car that will likely EVER be discounted more than $1200 or so (even the old, poorly selling ECHO wasn't, nor did it have any rebates of note besides a cash match from Toyota here and there (along with everything else in our lineup)).

If it's worth it to you to wait, more power to ya.

I've gotten WAY more enjoyment having a car for the last 2 months that almost no one else has, than I would have had waiting, watching and hoping gas stayed low.

Probably saved a couple bucks in gas too :)

T

PS: Model Codes

1421: 5-Speed Liftback
    1422: Auto Liftback
    1441: 5-Speed Sedan
    1442: Auto Sedan
    1451: 5-Speed Sedan "S"
    1452: Auto Sedan "S"
    Do you think once the "new model" frenzy is over we'll start seeing a lot more Yarii on the roads. I mean.,,Can it hold it's own and be a constant seller without the "new model" hype.
    Honestly probably not. One of the things the Fit had/has going for it was that it was a new and shiny car AFTER they released the Civic. When the new Corolla finally hits mid next year, look out Yaris :cry: .

The Yaris is a phenomenal car, don't get me wrong. I just think it's really not what MOST people are after. Seriously, while there is a LOT of demand, that demand stems from what? 1% of society if gas prices weren't outrageous?

I have always liked smaller cars (even owned a Fiero once haha), and would have bought an MR2 had the Yaris not come along :) . Unfortunately, most people think they need a bigger car.

Sadly, demand will probably die down once Toyota starts ramping up production lol...

I still have yet to see another Blazing Blue L/B anywhere in real life but in my garage :D.

T
    "I still have yet to see another Blazing Blue L/B anywhere in real life but in my garage"

The only other L/B I've seen in real life--which is the one I test drove before ordering mine--is, in fact, Blazing Blue. :P It really looks sharp.

I am interested in what kind of real life highway mileage people are getting. Are you getting more than it is rated on the sticker? It puzzles (and to a degree frustrates me) that the Corolla is rated a mile or 2 higher than the Yaris, while being a larger car. The whole reason I went the Yaris route was for the best combo of gas mileage and reliability.
    Well T, you really seem to know your stuff. I do agree that it will become just another one of the econoboxes, but that's what it's supposed to be! However it will always be a Toyota and it will always be bigger than the(current) Fit. The Fit has that "honda cult" thing going for it and will probably always be semi-popular.
    I don't think the soon to be largest auto maunfacturer in the world would launch a potential dud, after all this is a world platform and the european people are gobblin' this thing thing up. Toyota will do what it takes to keep it competitive (re-designs, etc..), but it's a heck of a car. This is exactly what the corollas and civic's were like just 7-8 years ago(size,power..equipment, etc. I choose to be a little more optimistic when it comes to the future of this great little car, after all who cares about all that when we are happy with ours. I probably sound like a dork.
    T,

Did Toyota use MICS (Minimal Intrusion Cabin System) in the 2007 US Version of the Yaris? The reason I ask is because in the UK where the Yaris has been out since '99, MICS gave Yaris the safety edge whereby Euro NCAP gave Yaris a 5 star crash test rating. In the US, where the 2007 Yaris is sold, the US NCAP gave Yaris a 4 star rating. What gives? Did they skimp on our Safety here in the US and give Europe a better Yaris?
    when the redesigned Corolla finally gets here, the days of routine $2000+ discounts off sticker will be over for that model. When it sells for a full $16K or more all the time (and is a much-improved ride over the current car, putting it a solid step or two above the Yaris at that point), people wanting $14K Toyotas will only have one choice (ignoring stripped Tacomas for the moment! :-P). Therefore, I think the Yaris will pick up some steam about 18 months from now, even though it will already be two years old at that point.

It's coming on 2 weeks since I brought home my Yaris, so in honor of that I'm still posting on "buying experience". When I used to see Echos onthe road the blaring image that car gave was "CHEAP"!!!!!!, not so with the Yaris. It has refined lines, a very fresh (although stubby)front end. All in all very european, it sort of makes me feel like I live inthe south of France. This car is rightfully a hot seller and will continue to be stronger than the Echo because it's hip factor is higher. I don't know why rambling on like this one of you guys will just post back some jibberish about how a small econo car cannot be hip.