Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Yaris Prices Paid

Comments

• obliviusmeobliviusme Member Posts: 1
    Hi -

Curious if it's possible to just custom order my Yaris. I want a stripped down yaris with nothing more than the convenience package, but I also want ABS.

Can I get ABS w/o getting the power package?
  • silver07yarissilver07yaris Member Posts: 1
    i live in san diego, calif. got my 4d sedan auto with power package in silver today. paid $15,900 out the door. is this deal okay?
  • shay29shay29 Member Posts: 2
    About the radio installation kit.
    Best Buy here (Bend OR) put a radio in my 4d with no problems. They took kit for Echo, or maybe Scion, and had to do a little modification, but no problem. Anyway, $125 for radio installed beats the dealers price.

Bob
  • toyotadavetoyotadave Member Posts: 1
    Experience was not that great. The local dealership only had 2 Yaris on the lot. Both starting at $14,600...automatic, and just more stuff than I needed. After explaining to our sales rep's boss what we were looking for (manual tranny, no frills) he tried to talk me into buying a Corolla.
    After threatening to go elsewhere he explained that the other Toyota dealer in the area didn't have a manual Yaris either. When I said threatening to go elsewhere, I was thinking places upwards of 100 miles away.
    After we both got on the same page, he told me he could order a manual tranny Yaris, with Convience pack for right around 13,300.
    I had the car the next morning and love it to death. My intentions were to just use this as a temporary car until I was able to pay it off, and then upgrade from there. After driving it now for a week...I might just hold onto it as long as I can.
  • flyguy6flyguy6 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all

I got a blue 4 door hatch (Canadian car). Love it, but one thing I've noticed is that the idle isn't steady. It settles to about 600 rpm or something, then it slowly dips, until the idle becomes a little rough, then it jumps up to about 800 rpm for a bit, then settles down and the whole thing starts up again.

Has anyone else had this issue?

thanks
    bt
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Hi,
    Since this discussion is about pricing, you might find more help in one of our other discussions in the Toyota Yaris group.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• attherxattherx Member Posts: 2
    I am close to buying a new Yaris. Today I went for my first test drive here in Portland. I went to Ron Tonkin Toyota on 122nd.

After a test drive, the sales guy asks me if I want to come in and talk about figures. I said I would like to know how long/difficult it would be to get exactly what I am looking for. Next thing I know the sales manager is singing this tune about how entry-level cars have no mark-up. He thrusts a piece of paper my way and says "So, if everything is okay with you, just sign here." I look at the paper and it's a contract for 60 months @$300 a month. That's $18,000 for a MSRP of $14,000. I hadn't even told the guy exactly what I wanted and now he wants me to sign a contract?
    The sales guy was cool, but the sales manager was seriously mistaken to try that shyte with me. No way I would go back to a place like that.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Friend of mine is interested in Yaris hatchback (5 sp, no power options). Anyone got a good deal on this model in Boston? I have been reading this forum that production number is low for hatchback.
  • rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 16
    Sorry I'm out over in the west (Nevada). But the best price I got (Hatchback Yaris) was $12,207 (and it was NOT easy to get a decent price). It is sad that so many dealers try to take everyone to the cleaners...

Have you tried Costco pricing? They usually come in around $150 over invoice for little cars like the Yaris.

Good luck!

edit: just wanted to add that price was at the end of the year, before the recent increase.
  • carnoobiecarnoobie Member Posts: 2
    A final price of $14,741 (taxes, fees already included) for the same '07 hatchback and options. My offer was within the same range as the MSRP. I haven't fully negotiated yet, but after seeing what you were offered, I think I got a pretty good deal.

Did you check edmunds.com's TMV for it? I looked, and my offer of $14,741 is right in the ballpark. You might want to check out another dealership.
  • carnoobiecarnoobie Member Posts: 2
    Out the door price of $14,741. Auto trans, power package, keyless entry, carpets, fold down rear seats (though I think that's standard for the Hatchback). So, deal or no deal? Looks like a sweet offer, but do you think I can negotiate further? Salesguy gave me $300 over invoice, and said that was the best he can do. I think he can do better, but I'm horrible at negotiating. This is my first car buying experience, too. Any thoughts?
    One local dealer in Boston quoted for Yaris Hatchback with these options. All without side airbags and ABS options. How's that? I thought Power Package comes with 15" alloy wheels. But they only mentioned steel wheels with wheel covers.

* 5 speed, with Power Package - $12626
    * Auto, without Power Package - $12762
    * Auto, with Power Package - $13484
  • lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    I just bought my second Yaris from Wolfchase Toyota in Memphis on 4/14/2007 (my son now has the first one). I paid $13,200 ($13,689 MSRP) for a Polar White hatchback with AT, Option package A, arm rest and floor mats. This was the one with the least fluff stuff on the lot. Last year on 4/30/2006 I had to pay full MSRP for an MT hatchback. They must have had close to 10 hatchbacks to choose from versus 1 last year.
  • victory45cvictory45c Member Posts: 1
    I live in Southeast Missouri. I can get a Yaris for $14,272. - The price includes all fees and discounts. - The options are:

Yaris 4-door Sedan
    Manual Transmission
    Silver color exterior
    Charcoal color interior

Factory options:
    PQ - Power package (with ABS) -
    CP - Cold weather package -
    KE - Keyless entry -
    FE - Emissions -
    EF - Bumper protector -
    CF - Carpet floor mats -

Dealer options:
    Tinted windows
    Synthetic oil

Less than 200 miles (they have to pick it up elsewhere)

Is the price good?
    Is it worth it?
    Looks like that is about right. You should be able to get about $500 off MSRP (window sticker). Don't know about the dealer add ons.
  • kenc9kenc9 Member Posts: 7
    Santa Maria Toyota was great to do business with and I paid 12500.00 for the hatch back with the (Power Package) power windows and remote entry, AM-FM CD, back window washer, air and 5 speed and floor mats. I am happy!
    I show MSRP of $13,440 on your car. At $12,500.00 you should be happy. How much was the documentation fee?
    Hmmm... sounds like a $500 to $800 dealer discount for Yaris (any models with any options) for most of us these days now.
    Line 1. B, Documentation Fee was $55.00 and the MSRP was $13200.00
    It appears to be a $700.00 discount. I emailed three dealers for their very best price on a bare bones Yaris with at least air and this one was offered to me.

I was mistaken about the MSRP, it is 13,340.00 so a discount of $840.00 is the right number so you were closer than I on this.

-ken
    You have kind of an unusual configuration. Most people are trying to save money by getting a Manual Transmission, but you have the most expsensive option package with it. I have the least expensive option package with a Automatic Transmission. You have a very reasonable documentation fee at $55 compared to the $348.50 that I had to pay.
    All I wanted was the air and maybe a radio, I wanted the cheapest car they had and they offered this one. I didn't ask for the power package but this was what we got. We wanted the 5 speed for fuel savings and power. I am not sure why this was offered to us because we only wanted a bare bones car with air and radio. This one was their cheapest Yaris so we took it. I had no idea how much this package was worth because we never shopped it.

I think we got lucky! :)
    I think that your fuel savings are going to neglible with the MT (1.6 mpg) according to www.fueleconomy.gov, but you probably do get a little more power with the MT and you probably did save about $800 on the front end, and it will probably cost less in repairs over the life of the car if you aren't too hard on clutches.
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    My experience with a manual versus automatic, in spite of what the EPA says, is that the highway is all about rpms so many autos actually do as good or better on the highway these days. In the city, the manual is worth 2-4 mpg because of the ability to better anticipate situations and shift to the proper gear. The control and smoothness of the manual leaves any automatic in the dust especially on a small car with just adequate power.
    www.performancetoyota.net has a 48 hour sale on this Saturday and Sunday where they will sell any Yaris in stock for $1,000 off MSRP. What a difference a year makes. I thought I got a steal last weekend at $489 off MSRP at Wolfchasetoyota.com. Happens to me every time.
  • ducciducci Member Posts: 1
    I have yet to close a deal as I am still pitting dealers against each other. I will use at least five dealers and let them fight it out as to who wants take my money. So far I have an offer (second dealer and better offer) to purchase the car for $13,100.00 out the door for the PQ package with fog lamps and manual trans. and 15" steel wheels. I have found the(a)supplier of the cruise control systems that the dealers use for $250.00. Will find out this monday how much the dealer wants to install it. Probably do it myself.
    Do any current owners have any comments about the car? Like reliability, comfort on long drives etc.
  • ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    Last night while on NYS Thruway (I-90) at Pembroke rest area, I saw a parked Yaris 5 door hatch. Okay, the "5th" door is the trunk opening. It was orange in color (it was at night, streetlight illuminated), and clearly it was a hatch. It had Ontario plates on it. I liked it better than the 3 door hatch. Anyone out there know if and when this version is coming to the States?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Probably never... The Scion xA is basically the 4-door Yaris hatch.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Someone that I work with told me that Toyota has a $1,000 discount for repeat buyers. Has anyone heard anything about this? Sounds a little fishy to me.
    This weekend www.performancetoyota.net is advertising all in stock Yaris's at $1,500 off MSRP. Kind of a reverse auction I guess.
  • attherxattherx Member Posts: 2
    Today after an hour and a half sitting in a stuffy showroom, I finally got a quote. The quote is for a 07 LB auto with conv. and Sd airbags $13 510. Guy said it was invoice, but after hearing all that double talk and how these cars have "no mark up," I don't know what to believe.
  • rheidmanrheidman Member Posts: 2
    Went down to Toyota last Saturday to negotiate on a car for my daughter who will be returing from Okinawa in about ten days (she is a Marine). Got the Base Sedan (automatic), with power package, ABS, fog lamps, carpet mats, and Viper keyless entry/engine immobilizer for $16,597 OTD. They discounted the car $1330 off MSRP plus gave me (her) the $500 military rebate. They took my $500 earnest check to hold the car until May 14th, when she will walk in write them a check for the car (bank check, ie financing). They marked the car as sold and put in the back lot until she arrived.

I emailed the dealership and did not get a good response, so I visited them. When I told the General Sales Manager I was not happy with the response from my emails, he dealt with me directly and I was in and out of there in less than 30 minutes. I walked in very upset, but out pretty happy, my daugher is and will be much happier when she sees the car. I now know she will have a safe, economical, and reliable car to drive across the country to her new duty station in California (we are in Georgia).
  • chicagogitonchicagogiton Member Posts: 18
    I went to my local Toyota dealer today, I want a liftback Manual with the all weather and convenience package, they had one in black. Of course they had a $300 dollar "inspection" fee on the sticker, and the price was 13,500. Carmax sells new Toyotas in Wisconsin, have the same car for $12,258. Its a bit of a hike for me, but I told the dealer he needs to beat that price, he of course said thier price wasn't real, etc. So if the dealer doesn't agree by tommorrow, I am off to Wisconsin for my car.
    Carsdirect.com listed the car at 12,500. Its a great negotiating tool even if you don't live near a Carmax, to say "Here is a guaranteed price" and they know that Carmax is notorious for high prices.
  • driver2007driver2007 Member Posts: 2
    we are getting ready to purchase a 2007automatic yaris liftback in our area, now I do have prices (be email) of some dealerships.

I would like to know if somebody would recommend a special dealer to go to them because of their buying experience/service.

Thanks,
    VM
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter from a large national newspaper is looking to speak to anyone who has purchased a small car in the past couple of months. If you purchased this car as an additional car for the family versus a replacement, please note that as well. Please provide your daytime contact info to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, May 10, 2007.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• newatlantanewatlanta Member Posts: 4
    Hi... I am looking at the same/similar option upgrade with your purchase.... I can't get the quote this low as yours.. I am in Atlanta... Would you mind to let me know which dealership that you got your car?
  • newatlantanewatlanta Member Posts: 4
    I got the internet quote for 2007 - 4dr Auto, with Power Package and Fog Lamps for OTD $16,479. Is this a good price?
  • roy32roy32 Member Posts: 23
    Had my 02 Toyota serviced yesterday at the dealers (5 speed, 21,000 miles, all maintenance papers..from now on I'll be doing my own oil changes, spark plugs, etc...anyway they gave me a new 07 Yaris sedan (red) as a loner...after driving the car for 5 hours I have to say I hate them. The exterior isn't too bad to look at for a car in this class but the interior is awful. For instance, the pillars around the windows are too low & when backing up I had blind spots all around, even with the steering wheel up my legs hit it every time I got out & I'm only 5'-10" 180lbs, I can't count how many times I hit my head on the handle above the drivers door, it was noisy, the automantic tranny was slugish, interior parts are even cheaper looking that the Echo's were, the seats have little support.

Even for the price, it's too little, the crappy cup holders etc, it's not hard to see that Toyota is cutting corners on quality interior design & parts even for a car in this class. A big step back for Toyota, this car just isn't fun in any way.
    Two thumbs down.

By the way, I love Toyota, been a long time buyer, but never will buy a Yaris.
    Like I said, not bad to look at from the outside at certain angles but inside they're nasty.
  • roy32roy32 Member Posts: 23
    No, you're paying too much!!!!! Shave off $1,000 minimum. Also remember, it's June...these cars are not long from now going to be replaced by the 2008's....buying now without a great price & you not are only paying too much now but you're going to lose a lot on depreciation when the 08's come out & that's not too long away. This car no matter what the dealer says is almost a year old.
  • tinykingtinyking Member Posts: 1
    Just got a 4DR Yaris (2007 Base) from City Toyota in Daly City with $1000 discount, which I paid only $14,507 before tax. The price for this car was about $15.5k (sticker price: $15,507) and it came with the power package and 7 years/100,000 miles warranty. I just wanted to know is this a good deal?
  • valdo650valdo650 Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to get a feel for the price range. I want to see what an out to door (after taxes, destination, registration, etc) price is going to be for:

Either:

Yaris Sedan Base
    Yaris Liftback Hatchback

Options:

Floormats
    Manual Tranny

Dealer Extra Stuff (Extended warrarties blah blah):

NONE

A VERY base set-up. I'll just set up a 3rd party alarm afterwards since you have to get the power package to get this and I'm not interested in power windows or locks.

I actually thought of finding a used Yaris...but the prices for the used one are on par with a new one :surprise: .

I live in Austin, Texas :D
    Go to Toyota.com, build the car the way you want it, subtract about $1,000 off the price (MSRP) that the website gave you and then go to your local dealer(s) and try to find one as close to the one that you want.
  • beachykeen1beachykeen1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm shopping around for a 2007 Yaris LB, automatic, base model. So far I've gotten one internet quote back at $13185 plus sales tax, tag, title - this also includes the "convenience package". Edmunds is showing invoice price of $11,326 and MSRP of $12,050 for a base price.
    I'm spending tomorrow going around to different dealerships (I'm in southwest FL) and would like any feed back as to a reasonable figure I should be shooting for. It's my first time buying a car on my own.
    Thanks! - Jenny
  • beachykeen1beachykeen1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello again. Found a 2007 Yaris sedan, base model, with 16K miles. Perfect condition. Dealer quoted me at $15,500. Got him down to $13,000. Is this a good price for a used one? What should I try to get him down to?
    What kind of options does it have?
  • biff9biff9 Member Posts: 6
    For what it's worth, I got a Bl. Blue, Hatchback, 5-spd, power package, ABS, Side AB, keyless entry (no I didn't really want this or the power pkg much. I can reach across, the Mrs. less-so, and then the back and forth mirror changes would be painful), Floor and Cargo mats, the ubiquitous "All Wx Guards" and destination charge.
    Oh, almost forgot, a DK (which I am told is a leather operators manual holder (I REALLY wanted that!).

MSRP = $14,500,
    Invoice =(from Edmunds and such) ~ $13,350
    Cost $13,722 with $100/2 dealer some processing add-on or other. But there was another $400 off for military financing or (not and) if you are a recent graduate.

So, all told, $13,322 (not counting taxes, or the $15 or so bucks for temp tags).

I imagine one could do better with more effort. But I was already tired-out from deciding if I was going to get a new car at all, and if it would be a Corolla or Yaris (which had more character of course. I argued with myself that the Corolla was possibly the better buy, and there is certainly more fat to be pared off the invoice bone there, particularly since the 2008 (exactly the same except for 35hwy miles now (new math)) are now landing on the lots. I figured my sanity (between running from one dealer to another and finding all sorts of hidden this or that charges...) was worth the perhaps 200-400 I likely left on the table.

Best of luck to all. It seemed like an obvious buy for the money. The dealer was pretty easy-going, compared with some I've seen, and they do give you a free this or that for the time you own it. Koons Annapolis, MD. Prices might have been a little less to the same, at Fitzgerald Auto Mall, or Miller Toyota...but I was getting weary and have only so many hours per week for such frivolity.
    Actually, I think that you got an outstanding buy. I would have taken it in a heartbeat.
  • biff9biff9 Member Posts: 6
    When I picked mine up yesterday, they have the exact same car as the one I was picking up. I guess I'll be seeing my twin from time to time.

I also sprang for the 7/75,00 extended warrantee. Paranoia will destroy-a.

They were all rather nice there, if that helps.
    I guess you felt guilty about how little they made on the actual sale so you let them make it up on the warranty. You shouldn't feel too bad when nothing goes wrong with the car from 36,000 to 75,000 miles.