Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Rondo

Comments

• bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Are there any ceiling AC vents for the 3rd row. Since anyone sitting back there will have their head close to the rear window, it might get pretty hot back there.
  • crewzincrewzin Member Posts: 76
    Probably does get a little hot back there as there's no vents past the second row. The second row does have the floor vents under both sides and the center console vents that can be aimed high so "maybe" the 3rd row can feel the flow of air.

• thague01thague01 Member Posts: 1
    has anyone heard of the New Rondo making noise when the AC is turned on. Mine only has about 6k miles on it. Took it in for oil change and told them about the AC. The dealer says its normal to make that loud noise. Can anyone help.

Thanks,
  • 2bigdogs2bigdogs Member Posts: 6
    I have the 4cyl LX, it's big enough for my dogs which was my main concern. It's good on gas, (a little over 24 so far) handles very nicely, and I don't even miss the 6 cyl engine, I'm zooming onto the freeway and up to 70 before I can blink. The only thing I haven't done is drive it in the snow, and that worries me, otherwise, it's not going to win any beauty contests, but I prefer function first, and it does everything I need, at an amazing price. No one can believe what I paid for it!
  • meandmymaxxmeandmymaxx Member Posts: 134
    Took the wife for a test ride in the Rondo for the first time. She was a little concerned about all the plastic in the interior and wondered if it would scratch easily, or how long before it starts to squeak? Any answer from current owners??
  • rondoniumrondonium Member Posts: 22
    I've got a EX with beige interior, our family car with 7k miles on it. No scratches to note and, happily, absolutely no dash rattles or squeaks. :D
  • vannervanner Member Posts: 47
    Okay, we're almost ready to swap in our '05 Sedona on a new Rondo. We have lots of reasons. (We're in the US midwest, for those who will ask.)

The Sedona really has been a great van once we licked a couple of the typical, common, nagging "Sedona problems".

One of our reasons to change is warranty service costs. Facing the $400 30K check soon, and then that dreaded 60K someday with quotes over $800, we'd like to get out of THAT!

I'm thinking the 4 cyl will be fine for us - no heavy loads, don't tow. So, does the 4 cyl Rondo have the horrendous service costs of the V-6 Sedona? What about the oil change thing? Does Kia really demand 3000 mile oil and filter like our lying, cheating local dealer demands? If one DOES change to a synthetic, with changes more like 7K to 10K, what does Kia have to say about that and keeping the warranty active?

Any REAL argument in favor of the V-6 over the inline 4? (We'll probably go with the popular package and the third row.)

Tires. What's coming in on Rondos? The Hang-[non-permissible content removed] c--p we got on the Kia were just that. Couldn't keep air in one from the first day. Not a valve stem problem - the leak was through the sidewalls in many places. Another simply would not "balance", but was in reality out-of-round. What comes on Rondos?

Finally, it seems to me from reading these forums that maybe Kia has come way beyond their old self in design and component choices, and frankly, WAY beyond any American offering. The Rondo is unique and maybe an answer for us. Now, is there any consistent, nagging problem with Rondos like the Sedona brakes issues and struts issue? I don't see any patterns in these forums.

Like I said - we're almost there. I'm betting before the end of this month.
    Vanner, I have a V6 EX, so I can't speak to service costs of 4cyl. But the documentation I got here in Philly noted that we are in area designated by Kia as requiring the frequent oil changes. See if your dealer has official Kia docs to back it up out your way. I have not seen anything about synthetic impacting the oil change cycle, or warranty.

If the 7 seater EX was available with I-4 when I bought, I would have strongly considered it in favor of V6. Folks generally report the I4 as peppy and powerful.

EX comes with M&S Michelins, which squeal around tight corners. Otherwise, no complaints except the price - $200 to replace one.

The one problem I've heard about that I think I'm beginning to experience is rotor warp. I've read that this is common issue due to the over-torquing of the wheel lug nuts. I'm starting to get shimmy when braking at highway speeds. Will report after a trip to my local mechanic.

Best of luck to you in your Rondo quest! :)
    Thinking more about the post by meandmymaxx re: Interior, has anyone experienced staining from Sunscreen?

I've gotten discoloration of the flat-black exterior trim around the windows from where I or the kids have grabbed the side of the door with sunscreen on our hands. Ditto with glove box - stains from the sunscreened hand that opened or closed it.

Interior stains came out no problem, but the exterior trim stains are still there after several car washes and spot cleanings.

Weird. :confuse:
  • ramblinramblin Member Posts: 29
    I traded my 04 Sedona for a 4 cylinder 5 seat EX Rondo. One plus for the 4 cylinder is that it has a timing chain instead of a timing belt on the 6 cylinder. Might save you a bit on the 60K service.

I can't remember the tire type on the Rondo, but the EX comes with 17" low profile tires which have been great, but I dread replacing due to the cost. The Hankook tires on my Sedona went 46K miles and I didn't have a bit of problem with them.

The Rondo rides nice on good roads, but pronounced seams on highways are really annoying. Transmitted much more than the old Sedona.

I have had zero problems with the Rondo at 13K miles.

You don't have to buy OR get service from the local dealer. Buy somewhere else, drive back to the dealer with your new Rondo and tell them why you didn't buy from them unless you feel like you might have to grovel later when you need service.

The 3 K oil changes usually cost me about $25 at my dealer as I can usually come up with a coupon from the dealer. I usually manage 4K between changes.

They do have you over the barrel on the severe driving. If you live in the city, the dealer can say "how can you not have stop and go driving?"

If you have a mechanic that you trust, stick to the maintenance schedule in the book, keep every record of service & you should be able to keep your $$ out of the dealers pocket for the most part.
  • kechkech Member Posts: 6
    This might answer your question. I purchased in July a Kia Rondo EX Premium(7 seater,4cyl.) here in Canada and according to the owners manual, the maintenance intervals are at every 8,000km(5000 miles). Much better than the typical 6,000km(3,000 miles)requirements!!
    Is that for normal service or the severe schedule in Canada?

I'm thinking in the USA 7,500 miles is normal service and 3,000 for severe service.
  • kechkech Member Posts: 6
    This is normal service(oil change included).
  • colloquorcolloquor Member Posts: 482
    Why don't you change your own oil, as well as perform many of the required service checks? They're easy to do, and as long as the maintain the paper trail, your warranty is still in good standing. All major supply houses, Advance, AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc., accept oil for recyling.

And, you state that you're afraid of the $400 and $800 scheduled service points on your Sedona, but you're ready to spend thousands more on another vehicle. I really don't understand, as preventive maintenance is part of owning a vehicle. Changing oil at every 3K or 3 months is not a bad idea, especially if you do a substantial amount of stop-and-go driving. Oil, and coolant/anti-freeze, are the life-blood of your engine.
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    How much do you spend to do your own oil change?
  • 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    I am helping a long term woman coworker purchase an economical car will be safe for her to drive in slippery conditions and be likely to be relatively trouble free for 10 years / 100K or more. She is rather overweight & fits into only a few fuel efficent cars that have stabilty control- including the Rondo, Toytoa RAV4, & Honda CRV. We are close to pulling the trigger & the Rondo LX is a front runner based on comfort for her form & her pocketbook.

So, are any you Kia owners feeling that there are significant relaiably concerns with the 2.4L & 4 spd Automatic transmission or that there could be issues with the 10 year warranty if problems arise?
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    FWIW, Consumer Reports has rated the Sonata with the 2.4L I4 (same as in the Rondo) and 4-speed automatic (not sure if it's the same as in the Rondo, but I'll bet it is) as one of the most reliable family cars. It would not have received that rating if there were any significant powertrain issues. Sonata has had that powertrain since early 2005, so that gives you about 2-1/2 years of history on it.

As long as the Rondo is maintained according to the manufacturer's service schedule and it's not abused, there should be no problems having the powertrain warranty honored.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Member Posts: 600
    After many months of extensive research we finally brought home a 2008 Rondo EX 5-seater with the 4 cylinder engine. What an absolute joy to drive. The dealership was excellent and the car was immaculate when we picked it up. We also went over with an extensive check-list that I had created and everything checked out without any problems - couldn't have gone any smoother!
    We also go a few accessories with the vehicle: window visors; hood deflector; rear bumper protector; touch-up pen and all weather floor mats.
    Glad to hear your happy with your purchase. I have talked to at least 4 KIA dealers here in the Toronto area, and everyone was friendly, helpful and polite. Something GM,Ford and mostly Chrysler could learn. Was just curious, is there any differences between the 07 and 08? like options or packages.
    Thanks
    thanks, just pick up a 2008 brochure or download one from KIA Canada you will see the expanded lineup with two different interior colours, depending on exterior colour. I can only get grey with my Aqua Silver, but with red you can get black or grey. Also the additional of aux. jack for the stereo system (fantastic stereo) is new for 2008, but we are finding that some minor things have been dropped or change. Still in the process of finding this out.
    My friend is delighted with the 1st 500 miles in her new Rondo except ---- There is small triangular spot on the lower windshield in front of the passenger seat where the blades do not cover. For reasons known only to her brain :surprise: this is very distracting to her. As I look, it appears that if the blades were each on inch longer there would be complete coverage. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks
    I've noticed it. Wiper coverage of the windshield is very good in the Rondo. I'd buy her a plastic bobble head doll to stick to the dash so she can't see the small triangle that is not covered by the wipers.

I don't think a wiper that is a inch longer would work without hitting something else. I may have to look again, I've been wrong before.
  • crewzincrewzin Member Posts: 76
    Yes, I've seen the missed spot too and thought it was odd that it wasn't covered but it doesn't bother me. Areodynamics on the Rondo are good enough that the wipers stay flat even in heavy rains and traveling at high speed. That's a major plus in my book.
  • bgwbgw Member Posts: 116
    That triangle is so small that it is practically unnoticeable to my passenger and completely unnoticeable to me as a driver. My Subaru Legacy had a far larger unwiped portion. Hardly something to nitpick about!
  • garnermikegarnermike Member Posts: 72
    I own 4 relatively new vehicles: 06 Vibe, 07 Mazda MX-5 (Miata), 06 Honda Civic, and 07 Rondo. With the first 4, I get a bit of black carbon dust at the edge of the tailpipe every so often (coupla weeks), which I just wipe away. The build up of this carbon, however, is clearly worse in the Rondo---carbon shows after 2-3 short drives/uses. Any others of you notice this on your Rondo?
    I have an 07 Rondo V6, bought new in August. I do not notice any carbon on the tailpipe at all. It currently only has 4800 kms (about 2500 miles) so far though.
    I just read a somewhat unflattering review on the Rondo.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/ctc/blog/?p=165

The reviewer was especially critical of the traction & stability control. Any owners out there have experiences good or bad with those functions?
    2007 EX 17" 5 seat, 4 cylinder - Michlen tires (I think)

I felt that the ESC worked very well, ABS worked well. Only driven in about two snowstorms this winter though. Comments later in the blog claim that the rubber on the stock tire is too hard and that reduces traction. We usually don't get much below 25 with snow where I live. If it is bitterly cold and slick, that could make a large difference.
    The writer of the article is correct in stating that owners should install winter tires on their Rondo. Heck, owners of ANY car who live in snowy climates should be doing that, for safety's sake.
    When my wife and I purchased our 07 Rondo EX V6 Luxury in August, we negotiated into the deal a set of 4 Goodyear winter tires, mounted on steel rims, balanced and studded, for no extra cost (yes, I bargained for these after the price of the Rondo had been agreed upon). We installed these in late November, since no one in their right minds should be driving in my Province (Newfoundland) on all-season tires.
    With these studded winter tires, the traction available is immense. We traded a Legacy wagon with AWD for the Rondo, and so far the Rondo's ability to get around in heavy snow or icy conditions is admirable. The traction control is a bit heavy-handed I admit, cutting power a bit too much sometimes, so I can understand how he dislikes the traction control when the all-season tires are still on the car. BUT HE SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING WITH THE ALL-SEASON TIRES ANYWAY!
    All in all, a fantastic car that is practical and efficient.
  • tpettytpetty Member Posts: 1
    have now had my rondo for seven months and 20,000 km. Mr bergeron must wear very heavy steel boots if he cant get his rondo off an intersection.
    I've been driving on roads ranging from slush , snow pack,good hard icy sow pack created by -30 weather, and I love this car.I still haven't installed my winter tires , but this car has yet to startle or surprise me. I was concerned such a small car would be unstable in slush, but this baby just tracks through with barely a twitch.The only problem I've encountered is with snow packing behind the rear wheel spokes and throwing off the wheel balance- anyone have a cure?
    Interior heat is great. Drove 170 kms at below -30 temps in my shirtsleeves, I think this is the first vehicle I've ever been able to do this in!
  • flipbflipb Member Posts: 18
    I've had my Rondo LX 4cyl 5-seater for almost a year now. I must confess, this isn't a car that inspires a lot of passion -- that is to say, neither my likes nor dislikes are all that major, but I thought it might be helpful to re-energize the discussion if I shared them.

The biggest thing the Rondo has going for it is value. I nearly bought a 4cyl, fwd Toyota RAV4, but decided to save about $5K and get the Rondo instead. I paid $16,499 plus freight for the LX with popular equipment. Having said that, here's the list.

Versatility of the cargo space - especially with the underfloor storage in the back, and the sheer volume of stuff that can be accomodated with the second row upright or folded.
    Reasonable gas mileage - I've averaged low/mid 20's in a mix of driving, but gotten as high as 28mpg on a highway trip.
    Features for the money - I especially like ESC and the standard allotment of airbags
    Smooth engine and transmission - with caveat below.
    Perfectly weighted steering - not great feedback, but the weighting couldn't be better.
    Very roomy second row - one of my criteria for purchasing a car is that I have to fit comfortably "behind myself" - that is, I set the driver's seat where I'd be comfortable, usually all the way back (I'm 6'2"), then try sitting in the seat behind it. Rondo passed this test with no problem at all. Makes it easy to get the toddler in and out of his car seat back there.
    Ergonomics - Pretty much everything is where it should be from the driver's seat. I'll add that outward visibility is great, since Kia eschewed the trend toward high beltlines. The big windows are even cut low enough that my toddler can see out of the car while strapped into his seat.
    Warranty - this was the clincher when I decided to buy the Rondo over the Toyota (in addition to saving money and dealing with a less obnoxious dealership). My dealership (Cherner Kia in Vienna, VA) even gives free scheduled maintenance for 5Y/60K.
    Competent handling - I think it was a Car & Driver review that stated the Rondo handles well for what it is. This is true - it's a tall wagon, not a sports car, but the handling is very predictable. It doesn't inspire the kind of confidence to drive the car at 11/10ths, but it's never frightening.

Dislikes
    HVAC system - Should be totally re-thought. "Off" should be a setting on the fan speed dial, not the mode dial. I want to select the mode, even when the fan speed is off, for the draft that comes through at highway speeds. Also, the mode selection only seems to direct the majority of the air, not all of it - when I have it on "feet only", I still get air blowing at my face unless I manually close those vents.
    Seat comfort - Kia seems to take "bucket seat" too literally. I'd love a tad more lumbar support. I also agree with comments that the headrests don't move back far enough - even at their rearmost setting, my head is tilted slightly forward. On long trips, I find myself squirming a lot.
    Resale value - it must be said... if I'd bought the RAV4, I'd have a car that's still worth ~85% of what I paid for it. With the Rondo, the value is dropping much faster. Doesn't bother me that much as I prefer to keep a car for 5+ years anyway.
    Stock tires - pretty standard complaint, most new vehicles come with disappointing tires. But handling in greatly diminished in the rain, and I'm nervous about trying it in any substantial snow.
    Aux input jack for the stereo - this has also been widely commented upon, but it is one of the things that frustrates me. Fortunately, I hear it's been added for '08s.
    Cold performance - on cold mornings, both the transmission and engine seem very upset to be awakened from their slumber. As noted above, everything is smooth once it heats up, but until then, shifts are very clunky.
    No sportiness - this applies particularly to the transmission, which requires a very firm right foot before it finally downshifts. I wish that the auto box had a "sport" setting where it might downshift sooner, but at least the manual mode becomes particularly useful for some passing situations.

Summary
    I'm very pleased with the value. I think the Rondo represents a great set of compromises between roominess and economy, features and value, performance and safety. The styling is inoffensive - I like the back end styling more than the front, which looks like a tall Toyota Matrix. Interior is well-designed. However, if you're a very sporting driver, you probably won't want the Rondo as your only car. Speaking for myself, it makes me wish I had a "weekend car" in the garage to fulfill the need for the occasional spirited drive.
  • 2bigdogs2bigdogs Member Posts: 6
    Well, I got my answer to my question, which was how would the Rondo handle snow. At first, very badly. This is my first year in the last 12 with no 4wd, and we're having the worst winter for snow in recent memory. It flunked my "driveway" test rather badly, (whether or not it could get up the hill from a standstill after I pick up my mail), sitting and spinning the wheels going nowhere. The handling on snowy roads was terrible as well, no traction at all, I was terrified to stop on any sort of incline because I couldn't get any traction to get going again.

The original all-season tires are complete rubbish on anything but dry road, so much to my dismay, I had to drop about $400 on 4 snowtires, I bought Dunlop Graspics. I have to say, they totally rock, I went out in 4" of snow today and had zero skidding, even where the road was plowed back to icy ruts. The car feels like a little tank in the snow now, which makes me very happy, because I like the fuel economy and the smaller payments than with my 4wd. Money well spent, as much as I hated to do it.
    We bought an EX V6 Rondo in August. In Canada, the standard tires are Michelin Energy (maybe in the US too?) - just by looking at the tread I knew that these were a fair weather tire only. As part of the deal, once a price had been set on the Rondo, my dealer added a set of studded Goodyears mounted on steel rims that I kept in my shed until the last week of November. I downsized from 17" rims to 15" ones, and upsized my tires from 50 series to 65 series. The Michelins are 225/50/17, the Goodyears are 205/65/15, and have the same diameter (which is all important for the myriad electronic nannies to continue to function properly). The brakes clear nicely with the 15" rims.
    With these winter tires, the Rondo has about the same snowability as our 1998 Legacy wagon with AWD on non-studded winter tires (I have had AWD vehicles for the past 12 years, like you). Braking is smooth and predictable, accelerating from a stop on a snowy intersection is done without drama and the ESC/stability control rarely kicks in. A great winter car.
    We just got back from a highway trip of 350 kms (about 220 miles), with two adults, two kids, and a load of luggage, and we did it using two notches short of a 1/2 tank of fuel. That works out to 33 mpg per Canadian gallon (which is 4.54 litres) or 28 mpg per American gallon (3.76 litres). Great fuel economy from a V6 with studded winter tires and a full load!
    here in Southern Ontario, conditions are different but we've had lots of snow and its coming down heavy at the moment.
    So far I haven't encountered much problems with the standard all season Hankook tires in snow (up to 4" deep). I have never had a 4wd and never had a vehicle with snow tires. However, I do make full use of the Steptronic manual shifting (great feature) under poor conditions and drive defensively.

2bigdogs (I have one) I don't know what engine you have in your Rondo, but in mine its the 4 cylinder. I have read in other forums about people having a lot of problems with the Rondo's in snow but the vast majority appear to have the V6. If the conditions are bad I start off in 2nd, but based on the gearing ratio for the 5 speed in the V6 they should be using 3rd to start off (where most people would have a tendency to start in 2nd), but never been able to find out if this helps.
    Your Rondo has all-season Hankooks? Hmmm, mine are Michelins, which look entirely un-snow-worthy.
    I have not needed to use the Steptronic shifting, but it is a good idea I had not thought of, that I may need at some point. We have had 4 storms in 6 days, and another on the way. Right now, there is a little less than 4 ft of snow on my front lawn (not including plowed up snow).
    if you've got Michelin's you have the higher model, mine is the EX 5-seater. The reason I mentioned the gear ratio, is that on on the 2.4L its 1.529 for the 2nd gear and on the 2.7L its 2.064 for 2nd, but the 3rd is 1.421. I like the Steptronic due to my driving days using a manual transmission in bad weather conditions and found it was quite an advantage.

I don't think we'll see that much snow you have in Newfoundland.

(I wish this forum would allow you to show details of your vehicle and your location in this new left column that was created not too long ago, like they do on other forums. It would make things that much easier for all memeber's- site HOST are you listening!)
    I live in Newmarket Ontario, just north of Toronto. We have had a lot of snow so far this year compared to the past few years. I think the first thing they need to do is outlaw the term "All season radials" And make full blown "Snow tires" mandatory in Ontario after the 01 of Dec until the 01 of March. You can see how well "all season radials" work every time 3 or 4 snow flakes hit the road and the crashes start piling up. I refuse to use the word accidents in these cases. A properly equipped car (Snow tires) and a driver who knows how to drive in the snow will out perform any 4X4 or all the electronic wizardry available. Sorry rant over now.

I do have a question for you long term owners. I am considering a Rondo to replace my Malibu Maxx, and am impressed with the Rondo on every level. My only concern is all the plastic on the dash and the doors. My question is, Is the plastic holding up well, or does it scratch easily? I am afraid it will look all beat up in short order.
    I don't think making snow tires mandatory would help with all the crashes with a few flakes (that being the operative word) - its more a question of driver skill and not being aware of the conditions and slowing down. I've worked and lived in the GTA for decades (not any more) and saw this constantly - as Clint Eastwood once said as Dirty Harry "You've got to know your limitations" - my rant.

Regarding your question on the plastic, so far I haven't found a problem but then again have only owned the vehicle for 2 months. What bits I have scuffed cleaned off real easy. I do have a large dog so I put in a 4' x 6' piece of carpet in the cargo area (with the 2nd row down) and this also hangs out the back sill plate when loading so that doesn't get scratched from the dogs claws and also I got the optional rubber rear bumper cover for additional protection. I guess it all depends what you do with the vehicle and what precautions you take. Any vehicle regardless of the material will get "beat up in short order" if you don't look after it properly. But I'm sure long term owners with '07 models will be able to help.

I did consider the Maxx at one point, I believe that vehicle has now been discontinued by GM for the 2008 model year
    Yes the Maxx is no more in 08. It is a great little car that was cutting deeply into GMs high margin small sport utes. almost the same versatility and space and 35 mpg. But not nearly the profit margins of the SUV's.
    Was looking at the EX V6 Lux version and was wondering if the auto climate works well.
    1) does it maintain the temp well, or are you always fiddling up and down with the temp?
    2) does it keep the window clear on auto mode, or do you have to keep switching to defrost mode.
    And any other comments good or bad that you may feel like sharing.
  • garnermikegarnermike Member Posts: 72
    While I now live in NC, I lived for 30 years in Upstate NY's snowbelt (Rochester, Syracuse, Ithaca, Cortland). Drove through several 160-inch+ winters there between 1976 and 2006. Every front wheel drive car I owned while there (Renault Alliance/Mazda Protege/Ford Escort/Subaru Impreza/Chevy Monte Carlo) was the same, i.e., crap in the snow with the AS factory radials but great in the snow with true winter radials. I'm guessing that the Rondo with ESC would be the same.

And the difference in snow traction between a new set of tires and those with 10K (or 20K or 30K) miles on them was noticable. It's all about the tread pattern, depth, and "softness" of the rubber.........
  • rondolenrondolen Member Posts: 2
    I have just bought a 2007 Rondo with the Premium sound pkg (CD only..no cassette player). It has no imput for a MP3 player or for my Garmin GPS. Has anyone found a way around this problem? My local car stereo dealer will install one for the small price of $129.00!
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    Rides like a car, balooney, and easily proved by simple physics.
    True there are differences according to preference such as a soft floating ride or a tight, stiff sports car. But two vehicles of similar size and weight with similar suspensions, the car will always win. Draw an inverted "T" and if you wish put tires on the axle. Sit down near the axle and raise one side as if going over a bump. Notice the amount of lateral movement. Now sit up high on that "T" as if riding in a van, etc. and again notice the lateral movement. So, if you like being tossed side to side like a flea on a dogs tail, buy the non-car.
    Yes full sized pickups get a decent ride with their fine suspension, wide wheel base, and heavy V-8 and heavy rear-wheel drive transmission, but don't expect much for gas milage. But then to be fair you would need to compare that ride to a Grand Marquis or Lincoln Town Car. (and they will get better gas milage).
    Absolutely correct on wheel nut torqueing. Ask for hand torqueing only. If you've always used the same mechanic or shop, make them replace for free. They use impact wrenches on assembly, but they are calibrated for the specific job at that station. Impact wrenches are also the reason for ruined nuts and studs, get them for free as well. Best to catch the mechanic using impact wrench before complaining as manager will deny. Saw such at Pep Boys and manager went in store grabbing arm full of torque wrenches and told mechanics to put them in tool boxes. And I believe that is where they still are, unused. So you have to catch them. But best to get one of your own and go behind them. Saves a lot of headache.
    Impact wrenches should be used only on rare occaison where it is necessary to break something loose that can not be done by hand.
    Use Rain-X washer fluid and occaisonally clean windshield thoroughly. It makes almost all rain water slide off, even without wiper.
    I have an annoying whistle at faster blower speeds.
  • rondolenrondolen Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Rondo EX V6. I am in SE Michigan. It has Michelin Energy MXV4 S8, 225/55/17 tires. This a high performance "all Season" tire ment for sport type autos, not Mini mivans. Why Kia would put them on the Rondo is beyond me. According to Tirerack.com tire reviews (over 5,900,000 miles driven by reviewers) the Michelins are poor snow/ ice tires. After much research I am going to trade them in for Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread tires. The Goodyear are rated as twice as good in snow & ice. Discount Tire In Michigan will give me a very good trade in $ Also the Goodyear's are rated as 80.000 mile tires.

After watching many a large SUV having slid off the road in bad snow & ice..I
    believe the NO 1 Safety factor in bad weather is driver smarts!
  • bdesrochersbdesrochers Member Posts: 2
    After watching many a large SUV having slid off the road in bad snow & ice..I
    believe the NO 1 Safety factor in bad weather is driver smarts!

The main reason why those people end up in the ditch is because they drive too fast and do not have the experience to drive a larger vehicle.
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    I think applies to people who aren't driving large vehicles too. I don't know how many times I've seen a vehicle in the ditch and based on the driving conditions can't figure out HOW they would have lost control if they were driving intelligently.
  • mr_ortingmr_orting Member Posts: 33
    I have an 07 I-4 EX Rondo which I dearly love. One point however, it is extremely noisy on a cement road. Any ideas on how to cut down the noise?