Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Hybrid: Ordering Process

Comments

• makievmakiev Member Posts: 7
  • ehaszehasz Member Posts: 15
    makiev,

When i first saw the Camry in white, it looked "too white" to me, like an appliance or something as someone put it... But on the hybrid, the chrome grill makes a big difference -- looks super-classy!

Congrats.
  • spiff72spiff72 Member Posts: 179
    Thanks for the pics, djpdx1! I was worried about Bisque interior, but now I think I can deal with either interior color on my upcoming TCH. I just wish I would hear back from my salesman to confirm a more accurate delivery date, and nail down what the interior color is.

Thanks!
  • lungdoc63lungdoc63 Member Posts: 55
    djpdx1 - You are awesome for all the info and the pictures. Call me stupid, but I where are the pictures uploaded. Do you like the Grey Leather or Bisque Leather with the Magnetic Grey? I know yours is with the Bisque. Wondering if you have seen the Grey/Grey combo during your work.
  • consumer46consumer46 Member Posts: 17
    I would love to see your pictures! To where did you "upload" them?
  • dmhltd1dmhltd1 Member Posts: 31
    FYI. I found djpdx1's pics at carspace.com by clicking on his screen name in the post title which takes you to his profile and then click on "visit me".
  • degdeg Member Posts: 14
    Dealer in Dallas (Metroplex Toyota - sold me at MSRP and no pressure - Barb/Natalie/Jamie - smaller Dallas dealer) called me Friday and told me that they had received a TCH. I was #2 on their list. Did I want to come down and test drive and see if I wanted a Blue instead of the Red I had requested. Said yes and went and drove -- wow -- I was impressed with A. The pickup/speed and B. How quiet it was. Color looked really Sharp--but I passed on the car. No Sun Roof-gotta have a sun Roof in Texas!!!! Trunk was small for what I was used to. I owned a Camry for 10 years so the battery does take away from the room. Watch it if you are planning on long family trips with a family of 4. My "other car" is a Prius. :D
  • zewszews Member Posts: 6
    $100. The cargo net was there in the trunk.
  • umpire63umpire63 Member Posts: 19
    How can I find out how many and what kind of THCs are allocated to a particular region? Is there a way to find out what allocations individual dealerships have coming in (without asking the dealer!)?

Thanks in advance.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Unfortunately No unless you know someone at a store and in a slow time that person can allow you access to Toyota's intranet. This shows almost everything. Dealers can 'hide' special vehicles from prying eyes, for example TCH's, to keep others from calling about '..that one unsold one you have.' It's considered bad form to turn down a request for an exchange unless there are prior bad experiences, but if the vehicle is hidden.. then exchanges are not usually requested.
  • fullofbeansfullofbeans Member Posts: 33
    TCH now in Canada. I'm in Ottawa, Ontario. My car came in last night. It just has to be prepped. I ordered my car April 28th. I'll pick up it up this Sat. Now I can be one who answers questions instead of asks!
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Who wants to listen to you, you're fullofbeans :)
  • balithaibalithai Member Posts: 14
    I hope this isn't a question that has already been answered - I browsed around and didn't see it . . .

I am interested in requesting a fully loaded Magnetic Grey TCH with Bisque Leather interior. My local dealer (N. Calif) has told me that he checked with Toyota and the Magnetic Grey only comes with the Ash interior for leather. I know that some of you have the MG w/Bisque Leather (thanks for the pics,djpdx1), so is this just a regional issue? Or is the dealer wrong? Or what?

Also, my understanding is that if I want to take advantage of CA's longer battery warranty, I need to buy a CA car or a car from another CARB state. Is that correct?

Thanks!
  • houtex1houtex1 Member Posts: 82
    I believe you are correct regarding the battery warranty.
    I have wondered how Toyota can get away with offering different basic warranties from state to state. I'm not a lawyer, but this does not seem right to me.

As far as color combos go, if you go to toyota.com and build your own. It will lt you select either bisque or ash color with the magnetic gray exterior. That is not the case for all exterior clors.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I need to buy a CA car or a car from another CARB state. Is that correct?

According to the EPA site there is only one emissions ID label for the TCH: 7TYXV02.4HC1
    I believe they would have to honor the additional warranty if the car is licensed in CA or a CARB state.

I could not find a specific answer on line. Who told you that you had to buy in CA? Someone just bought a new HCH in AZ, and the DMV told them to get a smog check. That is wrong for sure.
  • crockercrocker Member Posts: 2
    I recently ordered a fully loaded(no sunroof) TCH here in San Antonio, TX and when they presented me with the bottom line they wanted to add the dealer ad min fee about 789ish and I started shaking my head-no. Thanks to previously selling cars I knew better than paying this fee. I told them that I was already giving them 3k+ profit already they will not get another dime or I will walk. They waived it.
  • crockercrocker Member Posts: 2
    Tell them to take a flying leap. Dont pay em a penny over MSRP(even though this is highway robbery) I ordered mine 10 days ago at MSRP. Coming with NAV, Leather, mats, spoiler--hopefully get in month.
  • balithaibalithai Member Posts: 14
    My understanding is that the CARB requires the extended warranty from Toyota, not that Toyota just loves Californians! :) And I thought that I had to purchase the car in CA for the CARB warranty based on personal discussions with Prius owners as well as some older posts in these forums (and sorry I cant remember where). I would be very happy to be wrong on that one! Thanks gagrice for the info from the EPA site - I hadn't thought to look there!

And as far as the color combos, I did do the "Build Your Own" on Toyota.com . When I pointed out to my dealer that using my local zip code I could build a TCH with the color combo I wanted, he told me that there must be a problem because Toyota tells him that I can only get Mag Grey with Ash Leather. That is why I was wondering if it was a regional issue or whether he was just wrong. Anyone know for sure?
  • djpdx1djpdx1 Member Posts: 30
    My dealer told me my magnetic grey TCH would have an ash interior. When I picked it up it was bisque. I have uploaded a few more pics of a Toyota ship unloading cars--Rav4's mostly--sorry--check it out if you're interested.
    ">link titlehttp://www.carspace.com/djpdx1
    My dealer told me my magnetic grey TCH would have an ash interior. When I picked it up it was bisque.

djpdx1 - What are your thoughts on the color combo? Which do you like better with the Mag Grey - leather Bisque or leather Gray???
  • ttnttn Member Posts: 8
    Hi fullofbeans,

What took so long? :)
    Same as yours, my TCH arrived at Toronto's dealership 2 days ago and I picked it up yesterday, 12 km odo reading, built date April/06. I ordered on April 19th, Titanium package A. Happy.
    Got little surprise to see front/rear splash guards and wheel locks came as standard for TCH (toyota.ca website put them as N/A, must be some error from Toyota Canada)
    Btw, about $2,000 Ontario tax rebate for hybrid vehicle, I was told by the dealership that it might take 6 months to 1 year to receive our rebate, the reason is gov wants us to own the car long enough to qualify. We have no deadline here in Ontario.
    Enjoy your new TCH.

Cheers,
    ttn_06
    thanks for the feedback ttn. I'm picking up my TCH tomorrow night. I knew that the wheel locks were being provided. The salesman told me and I saw it in the documentation I got from him. I didn't know the front and rear splash guards were as well. I ordered them and got the dealer to knock of 25 bucks or so. I'll find out what's up with that tomorrow. I'll try getting it for free. Are you sure your dealer didn't add them on? As for the rebate on PST, I spoke with the Ministry of Finance, they told me upto 10 weeks. They were good, called me back and gave info. Royal Ascession was on May 18th. They didn't find out about it till yesterday though. The forms are on the Ministry's site. I believe they refer to it as RST rebate (retail sales tax). BTW - Great Colour Choice. I'll be zooming down the 401 Tues. night going to Hamie and London. I'm sure my car would love to see it's twin. - Be sure to honk. TTFN - Dave and his Electricity Guzzler.
    I spoke with Toyotacanada. Their service is open to 11pm at night! They told me that splash guards don't come with the A package and they assume your dealer must have thrown them on for free for you. Can you double check? tx. they also confirmed that the wheel locks are standard.
  • rscotts54rscotts54 Member Posts: 47
    djpdx1 : Thanks for the great pictures.... Now we know where all the Blue Camrys are!!
  • ttnttn Member Posts: 8
    If you spoke with Toyota Canada then your info must be accurate, dealer throws them in as incentive perhaps, sorry for misleading, so don't knock down your salesman :)
    I recall seeing a 3 Camry '07 LE at the dealership waiting for customer pickup and they all have splash guards on them so I thought it makes sense TCH should have them too and didn't bother to ask at that time.
    My TCH buying experience with this Bramalea Toyota dealership going quite well compared to 2 other bigger dealerships that I visited prior to this one, the Fleet Manager provides professional & haggle-free service, and gives a fair discount on MSRP. On my way out, he gave me a factory touch-up paint tube for future paint chips repairing, little thing like that doesn't cost much to buy one but I like the way the manager treats his customers well.

Thanks for the update on Ontario tax rebate, glad to hear it now takes only 10 weeks, will send in the form next week. Btw, you are aware of the $100 Fuel Tax Conservation rebate that can be deducted right off your payment to the dealer, aren't you?

Have a fun and safe trip with your new TCH, will honk when seeing its twin on 401, look forward to your trip mileage consumption.

ttn
  • ggav73ggav73 Member Posts: 31
    Nothing out of ordinary. I called the dealer for the first time on April 29, I placed $500 deposit on my order and I will pick up my base TCH Titanium Metallic Ash interior and heated mirrors tomorrow 06/02. It has also set of mats. Price is 28659, taxes and everything else included. I obtained non-Toyota financing with 5.59% 36 months. Two days ago I checked my dealer's inventory and I saw the car has arrived, as the inventory number on my order was there, on their website. Dealer called me after a while to let me know, but I already knew. Interestingly, the car was present on their web site under inventory until tonight 06/01, now two different TCHs are there, not mine though. I can't wait to experience driving it and playing with all those gizmos. Thank you all for your posts, they made this waiting period tolerable.
    Be sure to keep us updated on your driving experiences and fuel economy and some of the special items of interest like the 'feel' at high speed cruising and your perception of some of the unique HSD driving techniques.

You'll love it I'm sure. Congrats. :shades:
  • timt2timt2 Member Posts: 1
    This is a great forum. Lots of info. How long does it take after delivery to the west coast port for a car to get to the dealer in the midwest (Illinois)? My dealer says "several weeks". Someone said that it goes by train to a distribution center - where is that? That should only be a few days, then maybe a few more for trucking. Or do they hold them? My sales guy and even the sales manager keep being vague about this but they have given me my VIN number so I think my car "exists".

It's hard to believe that some dealers put their inventory online and mine doesn't even have an internet site.
    Hi ttn,

Yes, I madesure that they had the $100 fuel conservation rebate directly deducted from the fill. Originally the dealer didn't do so. (they acted a little coy) - cheeky little monkeys. I had to remind them a couple of times. I'm very happy with the dealer. I pick the car up in 4 hrs. I got $900 of the MSRP and saved an additional $100 bucks off the options I had included in the purchase.
    Mine came in Midwest in about 3 weeks from arrival in port. It was also the Memorial Day weekend in between, so adjust few days for the holiday as well.
  • orgalorgal Member Posts: 27
    djpdx1, I just got word from my Portland dealer that my car has been unloaded at the Port of Portland - Blue TCH fully loaded...I think it was docked yesterday. Do you have any recent pics? He said he thought it would be processed Mon and I should get sometime next week.
    My car came in today!!! The outside mirrors are still not attached. Have a wait til Tuesday to get spoiler on and thing prepped. I got the Mag Gray. Had a hard time between Bisque leather and Gray leather. As always, the wife one out and its Gray/Gray! I got MRSP - %500 for Costco. Well worth the Costco price.

Orgal - congrats on your car landing on American soil! If you want to figure timing - mine came on ship number 429, name "cnty ld1v190". I am in Tacoma, so you probably have similar docking to delivery time.
    lungdoc63, Glad to hear you have your car, that's great! Are you saying you got $500 off for Costco? cool! Did you have the chance to see both bisque and ash, and went with ash, or was it the hypothetical decision? What day was yours docked?
    Orgal,
    Yes - $500 off MRSP b/c of Costco. He "accidently" put $100 off on the paperwork, but easily remembered that he had emailed me 500 off when I mentioned it.
    I did see Bisque on an XLE and Gray on Hybrid. I liked the Bisque, but wife didn't. So you know what happens in that situation. I am not sure what day mine docked, but the ship name/number are provided.
    Mine came in Midwest in about 3 weeks from arrival in port

Where are you located in the mid-west and at what port did your TCH arive?
    Where are you located in the mid-west and at what port did your TCH arive?

Chicago-dealer in Elmhurst and port is Portland, OR
  • maryb1maryb1 Member Posts: 5
    How did you like the gray and bisque. My dealer also offered me that combo. How did it look together.
  • tomjctomjc Member Posts: 18
    I clicked on the photo album in djpdx1's post and picture 4 is an exterior shot of the car. I was surprised at how well the bisque interior looked from the outside, and on the inside the dash and steering wheel are gray. Yesterday I sat in a Mica Sand with Bisque leather and it was beautiful, to bad it was already sold. I ordered the Mag Gray with Ash leather and nav, but I'll take just about any color combo.
    Thanks, I'm in Des Moines, so I assume mine will come from Portland as well. My salesman said mid-late June so, based on your experience, it should hit port this week or next. I ordered a loaded white/grey leather one. I've read posts calling it "appliance white" but I don't mind that. I have a '00 white (pearl) solara XLE and I like the way it still looks relatively clean when it's dirty. The problem with pearl paint is the body shops hate to do touch-ups on it. I had a black explorer once and you couldn't keep it clean. But I digress.
    I have a base Titanium metallic with ash interior. I think white looks good and it was one of my choices, but one of the multiple dealers I talked to said that there were not too many white ones are for the timing I was aiming. Since timing played an important role in my decision, I settled for Titanium and I am very happy with it. But I agree with you, I had a white Passat before and, no matter how dirty it was, it didn't look that dirty.
    The first 2007 Camry I saw was at the Car show in January, and it was a white XLE with bisque interior, it looked very classy! I probably would have gotten that, except we have a white Toyota Sienna with a tan interior.... :)
  • brupopbrupop Member Posts: 63
    lungdoc,
    Which dealer in the Northwest did you buy your Camry Hybrid at?
    Thx, GB
    lungdoc,
    Which dealer in the Northwest did you buy your Camry Hybrid at?
    Thx, GB

I actually had my name on 12 dealers' lists. I got mine from the my favorite salesperson - Jack Wheeler at Larson Toyota in Tacoma (jwheeler_LarsonToyotaScion@gs.reyrey.com). They asked for no money to list, and had no sales pitch afterwards for add dealer add-ons. I think they have one of the shorter waiting lists. Maybe not after I post this.

Others I liked: Patrick Grenen, (Bob Bridge Toyota, Renton - $500 deposit), Richard Rodgers (Wilder Toyota Port Orchard - $500), Nick Rippi (toyota of Puyllup - short list - $500).

Also, Tommie Johnson, Gresham Toyota - told him I'd put no money down, since I was in Tacoma. and Mike Workman, Appleway Toyota, Spokane - also decline to put money down.

Good luck.
  • john312john312 Member Posts: 24
    It's here. My car went from F to G status on Jun 2, it arrived at the dealer on Jun 5 and I picked it up today.
    The sticker shows all the options that I ordered back in March.
    FE
    HM 30
    SR 940
    WL 59
    V5 359
    CF 199
    Sticker Price $28067
    DOC 57.33
    State & Local Tax 1969
    Cook County Tax 210.93
    Flat Cook County Tax 15
    License, Title, Reg 80
    OTD Total $30399.26
  • kathyincakathyinca Member Posts: 8
    I saw that my new car is in G status as well. I'm in Los Angeles.....not sure how long it takes to get from the port in Long Beach to the dealership. I'm hearing it MAY be here tomorrow. Hopefully soon!

What exactly does "G" status mean -- does it designate that it is on the way to the dealer at that point?
  • john312john312 Member Posts: 24
    I suspect G is ground transport.
    So it is ready to be loaded onto the car carrier truck that delivers the car to your dealership.
    In my case G meant that it was in the lot at the railyard in West Chicago waiting for a truck to take it to Park Ridge.

You can see the railcars, cars, and car carriers in this picture.
    google map of railyard
    A status is 'allocated' to the store
    F status means it's in 'freight' status and the trucker has 72 hrs to get it to the store
    G status means the 72 hrs have passed and the vehicle should be on the 'ground' at the store - go get it :D
  • kathyincakathyinca Member Posts: 8
    I wish I could pick it up. The dealer gave me a print out on 6/5/06 showing the car was in "G" status. They told me it was expected in on 6/6/06. As of now (6/7/06), still no car. They told me they are calling to find out where it is. Considering I'm in LA, I thought it would be a quick trip from the port to the dealer. So, I'm sitting and waiting for now.
  • spiff72spiff72 Member Posts: 179
    kdhspyder:

Does "A" status mean that it is in port? Or could this mean it is still being built in Japan?

I emailed one of the salespeople I have been working with to see if he could give me a VIN number and the status code. His reply was that he didn't have the "ground or freight" status yet, but that Wednesday tends to be a day that these are updated...

My biggest fear is that the vehicle isn't really allocated to them... I was told that they had a vehicle lined up for me (with the first choice color and options - LOADED including Nav), and that they should have it within 3-4 weeks (it will have been 2 weeks on Thurday June 8).

Thanks
  • gc77584gc77584 Member Posts: 65
    I got my base Titanium TCH a couple of weeks ago but still check the Houston area inventory now & then for the heck of it. I've seen at least two cars that have leather WITHOUT nav or moonroof. Of course, they still have the Gulf States Toyota Extra Mile Option Package crap on them ($1400) but I thought it was interesting to see that there are now some TCHs arriving with the leather-only option.
This discussion has been closed.