Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

fun Cruisin

lds0111lds0111 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have had more fun driving my new FJ. I have been stopped nearly everyday that I have had it and asked about it. I like that fact that there will be somewhat of a limit to the # produced. You see so many duplicates of everything else that it is fun to drive something a little unique. Thanks for the "Fun J" Cruiser...

Comments

• ron41ron41 Member Posts: 37
    I'm enjoying the fact that I'm driving something that's different and isn't duplicated as much as other vehicles. I really don't plan to add or change anything on my FJ because I like it as I bought it. I have the 4x4 auto titanium with everthing except the front skid plate,roof rack, bbs wheels ,first aid kit and trd exhaust system. Paid $29.500 if there are some aftermarket windshield wipers for mudd and snow, I would get those because Chicago's winter is ugly.
  • offroadgirloffroadgirl Member Posts: 3
    I had been looking for a new vehicle for about 7 months, but every SUV out there looks just like the next one. The FJ was so quirky and retro, I loved it and immediately bought it. :) It makes driving fun again - and I haven't felt that way since I was a teenager driving a candy apple red '49 Willy's Jeep.

I was also told that this would be a limited production run - how much stock do you put in that, and what numbers were you given?
  • cwopete2cwopete2 Member Posts: 6
    I test drove an Fj this past week and I also felt like a youngster again. The only concern I have is that I have two kids (15, 10 of age)and I fear that if I was in a situation of distress they could not get out of the back sit because of the folding doors. Also has anyone had a proble with blind spots....???
    But I am in love with it! I am currently driving a highlander 2004 with 3rd optional seats. Will I make a mistake to switch?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Karl seems enamored with it too. :-)

Toyota FJ Cruiser -- Say "Hello!" to 2007's Coolest Car (Karl on Cars)

Steve, Host
  • lds0111lds0111 Member Posts: 2
    In response to blind spots, at first I had an adjustment period. I have since gotten used to a good view. I have to admit that I bought my FJ without test driving it. I drove it right before I paid for it. The cargo space is a bit limited and the access to the back seat is a bit odd, but I have enjoyed the heck out of it. It feels alot more "zippy" than the GMC Envoy I was previously driving. The information I got about the limited supply was about 45,000. I hope that is right. My FJ is black with white. I like the way it stands out. My boyfriend drives a black Jeep Wrangler-- Imagine that!! Have fun!!! I even ordered a black "GOT FJ" t-shirt... :blush:
  • 3rdiopen3rdiopen Member Posts: 6
    I don't own one :(.. I do drive them every other day or so. The attention you recieve is unbelievable.!! I want one. But they are hard to get. I have 2 in stock right now at my dealership though..I think one may have sold today.I will get one next year maybe.
  • borlaboyborlaboy Member Posts: 3
    I heard that Toyota has an exclusive with certain manufacutres... to help promote sales of those sticky bubble mirrors.
  • maxloadmaxload Member Posts: 5
    I just got an FJ Cruiser last weekend and although it's a great car and it certainly does command attention, I have one slight problem with the height of the car with the added roof rack. I can't fit into the garage at my work with a clearance of 6'3". Keep this in mind if you're looking to buy one. I haven't had any problems with blind spots, but visability out the rear window is limited and will take some getting used to. Other than that, it's a great car so far.
    Funny you should mention that - Edmunds just added one to the long term fleet:

"More than a few editors noted how high the FJ stands with the optional roof rack, something we figured out real quick after barely making it into our underground parking garage."

Long-Term Test: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Steve, Host
  • bbug1bbug1 Member Posts: 76
    I bought a 4X2 and have noticed that most owners posting on the FJ forums have the 4X4's. While I'm not interested in rugged off-roading, I would like to think that my FJ is capable for navigating terrain that my prior ride couldn't go---2005 Honda Ody(zzzzzzzzzzzzzz).
    So far I am in love with this ride! This is my pre-mid-life-crisis "car" and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
    Lots of great posts over in Straightline about the SEMA show, including this FJ rig:

TLC Canyon Runner FJ Cruiser

It's a "street killer" - sorry Bbug, it's still the 4x4 flavor. :shades:

There's also an entry about a FJ "Rat Rod."
  • micheemichee Member Posts: 1
    Hey "Girl" have you gotten a reply yet?? I am going to buy an FJ and a few shady dealers have told me limited production... from what I have read it is not limited production.
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    total Production for the 2007 model was slated for 46,000

compared to the 500,000 Camry's Toyota will build that is limited production
This discussion has been closed.