Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Fit Maintenance

12346»

Comments

• SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
  • kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    Hi. I'm looking to sell my 2007 Fit Sport to upgrade to the 2010 or 2011 Honda Fit Sport. I'm reading the reviews and seeing a lot of "road noise/tire noise" complaints and the DB/70mph rating is actually a bit higher for the 2009 model compared to the 2007. To the current '09-10 owners, is the road noise/tire noise really that bad/noticeable driving on the highway?
  • firemann1firemann1 Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2010
    Use Honda coolant. Fill the plastic coolant tank to the upper of the two horizontal lines on the tank. The space above the top line allows the coolant to expand when the engine gets warm. When the engine cools, it will suck some of the coolant out of the tank and into the radiator. After driving the car a couple times (where the engine gets good and warm from driving), and then has a chance to cool to ambient temperature, check / refill the coolant level in the tank to the top line.
  • stchirstchir Member Posts: 1
    I have puddles under my two back seats and the area in front of the driver's seat. Did you ever get any word on where the leak came from?
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ..can anyone help me ..where is the cabin /dust filter and how do I change it...thank you to anyone with a helping hand...
  • jfehribachjfehribach Member Posts: 3
    I found the info below (many months ago) from a web page that no longer exists (http://www.puravent.co.uk/filters/dispfilter.pl?id=47). I followed the info to locate and remove my daughter's Fit cabin filter, but I decided not to replace it yet since it still looked fine. The web page actually was about a Honda Civic, but it applied well to the Fit.

---

Fitting Instructions

Fitting Stage 1:-
    Open the glove box. Disengage the catches that restrict the opening of the glove box. The glove box should now open completely and hang down on its hinges. Look through glove box aperture and locate the plastic filter housing.

Fitting Stage 2:-
    On the front on the housing (bottom front edge) is a small clip Pull the clip upwards and remove the cover. Pull the (first) right hand filter carrier out, then slide the left hand tray into the open space and pull that out also.

Fitting Stage 3:-
    You may find some flat plastic panels in the base of the carrier. Remove these with a stanley knife just leaving the grid to sit the pollen fitlers on.

Fitting Stage 4:-
    Insert the new filters ensuring that the air flow arrows point upwards (same as mark on carrier). Insert one at a time into the housing. Refit the cover to the housing, and close the glove box ensuring the catches are re-engaged to limit opening.
  • jfehribachjfehribach Member Posts: 3
    The page below describes the procedure for a Honda CRV cabin filter replacement. This is an even better description for the Fit than my previous posting. See http://www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_filter.php?id=393&part=M2259 for CRV cabin filter.
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Thank you very much for your help..it is really appreciated...
  • artman60artman60 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'd also like to say thank you, for this information. Went to dealer today for oil change/low beam light recall, and they said the cabin filter was dirty and needed to be replaced, wanted $100, figured I could do it cheaper, can buy new Honda filter from Bernardi's for 21.95. Saves $88. Artie
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Other than oil changes, air filters and tire rotations, there really isn't much maintenance required. I'd agree with the other poster to at least change the oil each year.
  • carattorneycarattorney Member Posts: 62
    My 2009 FIT is at 31K, and soon will go in for the Last Oil Change before the 36K Honda Warranty expires forever.

Do any readers have any concerns with their FITS that I should point out for inspection before the Original Warranty expires?

Thank you. :blush:
  • TrishHTrishH Member Posts: 1
    I am single woman. Can I change my two air filters by myself or does it need special tools etc.(1 cabin filter.) I am trying so save some money and see if I can do it myself. Some opinions would greatly be appreciated! Trish H
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited February 2019
    What year?

Here's a video for doing the cabin filter a 2012 model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaO1Nw2n4c

Here's a list of video for changing the air filter in the engine compartment for various years of Fit:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=change+air+filter+honda+fit

No reason you can't do this, both jobs.