Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• misswhomisswho Member Posts: 19
    Is your dealership taking deposits now for the LR2? If so, how much is the deposit? My local dealership is asking for a pretty big (imo) amount and I was just wondering if that was standard or varies dealer to dealer.

All your info/insights are awesome and helpful...especially when it's hard to get info at all on this suv. Thanks!
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Deposits vary from dealer to dealer and for us very from sales guide to sales guide.

This is how I do deposits.

To order a new car I want 2,000 dollars and if it is a funky color, like a red range rover or something, I want more.

To get a new car from another dealer 1,000 dollars minimum.

Deposit on a new car we have in stock between 500 and 1,000 dollars.

Used car deposits between 500 and 1,000 dollars.

For a LR2 I would probably want a 2,000 dollar deposit unless it was a repeat customer. For a repeat customer I might not even take a deposit. I have a pair of SC range rovers on order for repeat customers and I didn't ask for a deposit from either one. I wouldn't do that for most people though but these guys have bought four or five cars from me.
    They are asking for $4000--this isn't to order one...it's to have dibs on one that they're already getting in April. I really want one and I guess I will just have to pay the 4K.

I'm wondering why they are asking for such a large deposit. I mean, I put $2000, or even $3000 down and I'm pretty committed. Maybe it's to weed people out? You have to really want one to give them $4000 without even seeing the car.

Like others on here, I also have been comparing the specs and measurements from the UK website. (I requested an info brochure--hasn't arrived yet) If I'm converting correctly, is the LR2 most comparable to the X3 space-wise? I saw on the US website that it has 26.5 cubic feet of storage behind the rear seats (59 with them folded down). What is this most comparable to?

Thanks in advance!
    Bah 4,000 dollars is silly. No idea why they are doing that.

Yeah the LR2 is about the same size as the X3 or the Acura RDX.

If you haven't seen this you might be interested in it..

Ford media Freelander press release

I only had one LR2 preview brocure and it wasn't even that complete. I gave it out to someone about a month ago and Land Rover still has not gotten us overall brocures yet. I know they didn't want to send them out to early in case the specs changed but at least for the near future the specs are set in stone.

They started North American production for the LR2 the beginning of this month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    I wouldn't commit $4K to something that I haven't seen yet...

If they are going to be that popular, why would they need that kind of commitment? Surely, they could just sell it to the next person on the list?

Not the kind of place that I would like to do business with... But, probably not a lot of choices, given the sparse dealer network..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

No I had not seen that, so thank you! I did more of my conversions and it's about what I thought.

I just got off the phone with the dealer and they said they would lower the deposit to $3000? Is this reasonable now? I've never had to put a deposit on a Land Rover--I've never tried to get one in advance/order one. I've put deposits on other cars--some I bought and some I didn't--and it's never been over 2K.

It's true...there aren't many dealers to choose from--only 2 in my state. The guys I'm working with are only getting 1 black one and I want it so I guess I better bite. Although I am torn btwn the tambura flame and the silver too. Too many great colors!
    I haven't seen the Flame yet but I think it might get a color you get tired of after a while.

We have ordered I think 11 LR3s so far and I think two or three are Tambura.
    That's exactly what the salesman told me...and he said to think of resale value in the future, with black, silver, and white being the most re-saleable. I think since the flame has been the predominant color in the US marketing, I've was influenced. Marketing works...

But--I'm leaning more towards the black one with black leather--it has the pixel metallic trim--what exactly is that?
    I haven't seen the pixel metallic trim but I think it replaces the wood trim in the car with a black metalic trim.

We ordered all of our flame LR2s with every option because like you said marketing works. The people that want that color are going to be more impulse buyers and will be more likely to buy the more expensive vehicle.
  • muniermunier Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I wanted to know if the LR2 is going to use standard fuel or it will require premium fuel. Also I have seen that the LR3 says premium fuel recommended. What happens if one uses the cheaper 87 or mid 89 octane instead of the expensive 93 octane?
  • diggin_the_lr2diggin_the_lr2 Member Posts: 1
    From what it sounds like their is going to be HUGE demand for this SUV...DO you guys think dealerships are going to be inflating the price above MSRP? if so, How much do you think you will have to pay above sticker price? :confuse:
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    I thought maybe I had found my next vehicle when I saw a blurb about the LR2 in Automobile magazine today. A small, relatively inexpensive and fuel-efficient fairly luxurious SUV with great off-road characteristics? I mean it's a Land ROver, right?

Then I find that the thing is AWD with a little knob to bias the system depending on terrain? No Low range 4WD? I guess Ford figured it was time to screw up Land ROver too. Might as well get a Jeep Compass or a Ford Edge for that matter. THis is not an SUV, its a CUV. What's next for LR, a coupe? Sedan?

I'd love to hear an LR guy convince me that this AWD system could hold a candle to a true low range 4WD.
    Why do u say that? DOnt give them any ideas.

Plus, and I did just join this discussion so correct me if I'm wrong, but the LR2 is NOT an SUV, its a CUV. And it''s more Volvo than Land Rover. Am I wrong?
    "I don't buy it, not one bit. This is a "Land Rover," not another SUV wannabe. It should have a low range! If anything, the low range would set it apart from its competition, as well as reconfirm its off-road heritage. Offer it as an option if need be—but offer it!

If Jeep can offer a low range option for the Patriot, so should Land Rover offer this feature in the LR2. Granted, it's doubtful those two will ever be cross-shopped, but that's not the point. The point is every "trail-rated" Jeep offers a low range. So should should Land Rover"

Exactly my feelings. As I said, I thought I had found Nirvana when I learned about the LR2 yesterday. But when I found it has no low range - BAH Humbug. Ford is at it again. This is no more a Land Rover than the emm kay zee is a Lincoln. Bold Move.
    The LR2 is the replacment for the freelander and the freelander never had low range so what made you think the LR2 would have low range. The freelander was designed back before BMW bought Land Rover so the lack of low range isn't a ford thing it is a segment thing. The LR2 does not need low range to be competive in its market segment. It will crush every other premium CUV/SUV in its price range off road.

The freelander even without low range was very impressive off-road. It could go places that many SUVs with low range would have trouble going. I can a freelander over our rock course no problem. Is it harder then driving a LR3, Disco or Range Rover on the course? Of course but it is actually a bit more fun since you need to have better throttle control.
    If the LR is getting the Yamaha engine it's probably because Ford decided not to use it in their Lincoln-Volvo cause it was too expensive for a Lincoln. So there are more engines available. That's my guess anyway.
    "freelander never had low range so what made you think the LR2 would have low range"

I admit to not having followed all of Land Rovers' developments and so did not know the freelander was similarly crippled. However, I thought the Freelander was designed by McGovern, who is (or was) a Ford designer who ran Lincolns' design studio for a year or two and did basically nothing but a concept or two. A real prima-donna I've heard. Perhaps I'm thinking of the Discovery? Does that have low range? Sorry for being so uninformed. Like I said, LR2 just popped up on my radar yesterday.

In any case, the LR2 has no low range. That's a fact. I gotta deal with it. It still could be an attractive package to me I guess as I only ever went to a place with my Cherokee where I would still be if not for low range. So if the terrain response deal works, then maybe. Can they add another setting called "Elephant Hill"? :>)

However, I do have some other doubts/questions, and if you, B-R can help, it would be appreciated:

- Price is about $4K more than I personally would like to see. You cant do anything about that though. But, will LR dealers accept a Ford X-plan PIN?
    - Is there any word on mpg figures for the LR2? That is of course a big issue these days. I suppose I could check the S80 and deduct 10 or 20% for the boxy shape, but real #s would be better.
    - WHat is the shifter like? I mean, does it allow driver control or is it one of Fords' other Bold Moves and allows only D and L?
    - Is it advertised to seat 4 or 5?
    - What is LRs' warrantee?
    heyjewel...

I don't know as much as BR for sure...I am just an enthused customer and have put a deposit down to get an LR2 in April. And since the LR2 has yet to be released, I've been researching the crap out of it trying to find any tid-bit of info I can get my hands on.

The LR2 comes standard as an automatic with a sport mode which allows for driver control and you can manually shift through the gears.

It is advertised to seat 5--but in Edmund's First Drive article, it said "We discovered that four 6-foot adults could find room inside, but a BMW X3 feels more commodious."

LR's warranty is great--you can read about it on their website. 4 yrs/50,000 miles with 24 hr roadside. Also, all your scheduled maintenance while you're under warranty is included and free of charge.

I don't know about the other stuff you asked--again, I'm only a customer, don't work for LR. But hope that helped a little.
    Thanks, miss, I appreciate your help.

Great that it allows driver to control the tranny. The Ford D-L system is a travesty.

X3 feels bigger? Yikes, that's a small ute there. Well, each to his own can get a feel for that.

OK, pretty standard warantee. No worries there anyway.

I just checked Edmunds site and the XC90 uses the 3.2L Volvo engine as well and is rated at 17/22. LR2 is smaller probably lighter perhaps not as slippery so maybe 18/23 is a good guess for LR2 mpg??
    freelander never had low range so what made you think the LR2 would have low range"

I admit to not having followed all of Land Rovers' developments and so did not know the freelander was similarly crippled.

Even without low range the freelander is an amazing performer off road. You aren't going to do much rock crawling with it but it doesn't have the ground clearance for rock crawling anyway.

Its too bad the freelander sucked at everything else. Check out the Freelander thread on edmunds. It just might be the least reliable modern vehicle ever made in the west.

However, I thought the Freelander was designed by McGovern, who is (or was) a Ford designer who ran Lincolns' design studio for a year or two and did basically nothing but a concept or two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rover_Freelander

The freelander went on sale in Europe back in 1996 and was in development back in the early 1990s. Ford didn't have anything to do with it but Rover Group, Honda and BMW did.

A real prima-donna I've heard. Perhaps I'm thinking of the Discovery? Does that have low range? Sorry for being so uninformed. Like I said, LR2 just popped up on my radar yesterday.

All other Rovers have low range including the Discovery 2 and Disco 3/LR3.

The freelander and now LR2/Freelander2 are the only models that don't.

Price is about $4K more than I personally would like to see. You cant do anything about that though. But, will LR dealers accept a Ford X-plan PIN?

Honestly the price is about 4,000 dollars higher then I thought it would be too but I thought they would offer a base model without leather interior or moonroofs. Even the stripper LR2 is going to have more equipment then most other vehicles in its class.

Standard stuff off the top of my head that even the range rover does not have.

-Keyless push button start
    -Panoramic sunroof

Something interesting to note is that at least initialy the LR2 will only be offered in SE trim. That is strange because Land Rover has traditionaly had a SE and HSE trim level where the HSE is fully loaded. HSE rovers normaly come standard with about everything and might have a couple of special features that SE rovers don't get. This makes me think that possibly late in the 2008 MY or early 2009 MY a HSE LR2 will come out with some extra stuff.

I would expect that most Land Rover dealers will except X-plan pins on cars that are in stock although they might not do this right away. I have one person looking to use the X-plan on a LR2 in April and we have not decided to honor it yet. So far about half of our initial allocation of LR2s are pre-sold so we will wait and see what happens when we actually have some on the ground.

Not sure on Mileage yet.

Yout have to remember that Ford does not treat its euro makes like GM has. Ford has little influence over Land Rover, Volvo and Jag(that is changing for Jag though because they are doing poorly) All Land Rovers have Commandshift transmissions(like triptronic) and most of them are made by ZF. In fact the transmissions in the LR3/Range Rover Sport and Range Rover are nearly identical to the trannys in most BMWs.

I forget who makes the LR2 transmission though maybe asin?

I might get a chance to drive a LR2 tomorrow. Our regional Service rep is supposed to come in tomrorow. I have three problems though...

1. Tomorrow is may day off
    2. Tomorrow is valentines day
    3. There might be a couple of feet of snow on the ground

I don't mind coming in on my day off, and I don't really mind the snow(although the rest of the idiots on the road scare me) but my wife will mind if I go into work on my day off and miss part of valentines day with her when I told her I would take the whole day off.
  • rickgarrickgar Member Posts: 8
    I saw this car last weekend at the Chicago Auto Show and was impressed. I'm surprised to see that is seems smaller than the X3. I thought it looked larger (at least broader and taller)and more spacious inside. Unfortunately they only had one on a turntable and the other was locked so I couldn't do a head to head seating comparison.

I think in terms of features and pricing, this has the RDX and X3 beat by a mile, however as a potential buyer who doesn't need off road capability the reliability rep of Landrover is going to be a real drawback. Unfortunately I'm going to be in the market too soon to see how the reliabiity plays out.
    Its too bad the freelander sucked at everything else. Check out the Freelander thread on edmunds. It just might be the least reliable modern vehicle ever made in the west.

BR, I am really worried about what you just said. I'm a little nervous to be getting the first batch of a "reworked" freelander.

I've also seen several threads about early model LR3's and Range Rovers that had several quirks that needed to be worked out. Owners were having to take their vehicles in all the time for weird problems.

My sales rep keeps reassuring me that if anything does happen to go wrong, the warranty will cover everything. Ok, fine. But I don't really want to have a brand new car and be in the shop all the time either, like previous Freelander owners.

That's one of the reasons I am willing to pay more for new rather than used--I like to be the original owner and know exactly what has gone on with my vehicle from day 1.

Any words of advice? I really want this car, but not if it's going to give me a headache. Is there any way to be reassured of the LR2's reliability? Or am I just taking a chance and will have to live with it?

Thanks in advance!
    The only thing I can tell you is this. Land Rovers have gotten so much better in just the last two or three years that you can't compare the previous relablity to the current. They still have a way to go but they are much better.

Also the LR2 is not a re-worked freelander. It is an all new vehicle from the ground up based on fords global small care platform EUCD.

Something else to think about is that Volvo has a lot of developemnt money tied up in the LR2 as the XC60 will be similar and the S80 shares many features as well. That is going to help reliablity a lot.

Secondly the LR2 is not being built at Land Rover's Solihull plant it is being built at Jaguar's Halewood factory.

Awards for Halewood.

Halewood has won award after award for quality and is one of the best plants in europe. Solihull is slowly being reworked into a model of Halewood but it will take time.
    had the chance to drive/ride in the LR2 yet? Or even just sit inside one? I'm dying to hear a firsthand opinion...
    I sat in one at the Cincinnati auto show, last month..

Very nice... from the front it looks like a mini-LR3, but definitely Freelander-like from the fenders on back...

The interior was nice, but it's been so long since I was in a Freelander, I couldn't compare them... Definitely not a whole lot of back seat or hatch space..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    when are they going to put a Build Your Own LR2 on the LRUSA site?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• jblaze13jblaze13 Member Posts: 152
    It certainly didn't make me go "I have to have this vehicle". Conservative design. The interior is going to look plain next to the RDX AND X3. I'm in the market for this type of vehicle and the LR2 just didn't do it for me. I'll wait to see what the drive is like. Hopefully Infiniti won't let me down next month.
    Funny, I don't care for the RDX's styling. I dig the X3, but for the price I'll take a 328i Sports Wagon that performs better and gets better mileage. I really like what I've seen so far of the LR2. I'll have to check out the interior when the NY auto show rolls around. Right now I won't be in the market for a new car for another 2 years when we'll be replacing my wife's 2000 Mazda Protege ES. We've got a 6 month old now. We'll see when his brother/sister comes along to replace her car.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    Yes, I sat in one today at the dealer in their prep garage (it was there for one day) and got the full private tour. It was a loaded SE Stornoway Grey Metallic with dark eucalyptus wood interior and ebony leather (light black) and as far as we could discern they will all come loaded; this means technology, cold climate and lighting packages, with bluetooth and sirrius, 18" all terrain wide wheels. A lot of the cool stuff is standard, far too much to list (they had brochures and gave me one but it's a lot of reading). I like the heated, memory seats, the backup beeper control, the telescoping sterring wheel and the high sitting position and high rear storage area. The double moon roof is very nice; just the front opens but it's got a neat wind screen and the fit and finish is first class. The Nav is touch screen and state of the art; it's placement is perfect. The subwoofer is on top of the dash and this means a big piece of the dash is black plastic but it's an audio thing to me so it's okay. The push button start is a mystery to date; you have to slide the key fob into a port in the dash under the button, put your foot on the brake then press the button... why so many steps? No one there today could figure it out. The funny thing is, as dumb as the key is, it's still fun to push the button to start and stop the engine.

The car at first look is beautiful, completely different that the Freelander; physically bigger, longer, wider, and just looks beefier. It's a Volvo platform V6 and it's beautiful and a lot, and I mean "a lot" stronger and faster than the old Freelander (which wasn't too bad) and the "surface conditions" turn knobs are great (I don't care about old school low range). It's got a classic Land Rover look and you will not feel inferior to the Sport or RR; the LR2 is a big, strong looking SUV; I would not call it a Crossover but I suppose people will. The sticker price with all the options was $39,950.

The Stornoway Grey is very classy but we're waiting to see the Black and the Baltic Blue before we order. We have tested the BMW X3 and the Acura RDX and the Mitshubushi Outlander; and we have looked closely at the lease deals for those cars (loaded, Nav etc). The BMW X3 is a very nice looking SUV but it actually feels a little smaller and less imposing and less classic, and less modern than the LR2. The BMW is looking a little dated and it's dash top add on looking Nav that pops up out of a clamshell plastic drawer reminds me of the Freelander cup holders; it just looks tacky and added on. The LR2 Nav screen is built in the radio console just like the Sport and is state of the art. A loaded BMW X3 is about $42,000 with a lease price of about $490/month (24 months, 12,000 miles, nothing down, minimum due at signing (that's about $2,800).

The Acura RDX is a really nice 4 cylinder turbo (it's very fast) and the interior is top notch if you like "techy" looks, and the feel and finish inside is first class. The RDX package is great, it's loaded and the Nav is voice activated. It's about the price of the LR2 loaded but the lease price with the BMW spec listed above is over $500/month, it's about $520. The RDX is a great car but it has no styling tradition, it's not "classic" and it feels a liitle bit like a big toy, which I don't like (I think it's for young tech kids in their 20's). The Outlander is a great car loaded, but it's got the same drawbacks as the RDX and the lease price is much higher; the lease makes it a terrible deal for me.

The LR2 lease is unknown at this point; April is the release on the info. It will probably be competitive with the BMW X3; in my opinion, in this class, the LR2 and BMW X3 are very close and clearly the leaders. But the LR2 gives a stronger impression up close; I think the only reason it's not front page news yet is because a lot of people with opinions haven't sat in both of them yet and haven't looked closely at the "loaded" list and the lease price.
    Thanks Muddyy!

Yours is the first account of anyone I've heard that's actually been inside an LR2. I have already placed a deposit on a fully loaded black on black and am getting really anxious. I've done all my research, but now I just need to see it, inside and out. Since you are the only person I know of that's been in one, I hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions.

Did you get a chance to notice the storage in the front? Is there a handy place to put your phone? Is there a console/is it roomy? I know some other crossovers are boasting you can fit your laptop in the center console. Also, did you happen to see where the MP3 jack is placed?

Did the one you saw have the pixel metallic trim? I don't even know what that is, but mine is coming with it and I'm wondering what it looks like?

Sorry for the interrogation--I just can't wait to finally once and for all see it for myself. Thanks in advance for any additional info you can provide!
    Hi, I'm not sure about all of your questions but I'll try. There wasn't a pixel metallic trim there and no picture of it in the brochure but there is a swatch of it and it looks like a high end "perf" subtly bumpy thing, half dull silver and half dark gray sort of like a dull salt and pepper dotted metal finish. The wood trim is nice but for some reason I just feel like the pixel metallic might be more approriate for this suv, more sporty and slick; I guess I see this as a younger, modern car and the wood just isn't needed to make it sweet.

They have an "audio connectivity module" in the brochure that holds an ipod and there is a connection for it or an mp3 (and thus it's a phone holder too). It's placed in the upper left of steering wheel close to the dash and I think the mp3 jack must be near there. Phone hookup is bluetooth of course so it doesn't matter where you put that at all.

The console is smallish( I think) with a double cup holder front to back placement (not side by side) and a small cubby box but I didn't check it out at all, so sorry about that. I think it was the Acura RDX that had the double decker huge cubby box that could hold a laptop but I just don't know what the Rover has yet.

You should try to see the pixel metallic before you buy; my guy said they are likely to come in early (April sometime) and I'm sure there will be lot's of black on black loaded. It really doesn't sound like they are worried about getting them in easily since they are all the same model. I really think you can't go wrong with black on black and pixel metal; it sounds perfect to me. The thing about this car is I thought I knew it from driving the old Freelander and from all the internet pictures, and I wasn't sure it was going to impress me; but when you see it close up and sit in it, it's the bomb, bigger (looking), stronger and cooler than anything in it's class. Rover cars and Rover people are different, that's just a fact of life.
    Thanks for the info--way helpful! I really don't like the old Freelander's appearance--someone mentioned that the back fenders of the LR2 were Freelander-ish. I hope the LR2 doesn't resemble the old Freelander at all. I'm already in love with this vehicle--I've researched it to death and am very impressed with everything it offers--on and off road, interior amenities, etc. The last test is what it looks like. And if it's ugly (ugly=old Freelander), that will be a deal-breaker for me. I'm crossing my fingers till April. Thanks again!
    You can see it on the Land Rover website... Do you have the Land Rover ad on the left-hand side of the page? Just click on it.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, thanks kyfdx. I have already exhausted the LR websites, US and British--since they have different movies and pics on both. Going from the pictures alone, the LR2 looks great. But I've noticed that LR (and several other makers) shoot pics--especially the compact suv's--from certain angles to make them look bigger, wider, etc.

I've also viewed all the LR2 clips on youtube, trying to get a better feel for what the vehicle looks like in real life. I've even photoshopped some side-by-side pics of the LR2 and Freelander from similar angles to see how they compare.

I think I'm going nuts waiting for my car to get here, having never seen one for myself. So that's why I've been (and still am) looking for people who have, unlike me, actually seen an LR2 up close =D
  • sekhonsekhon Member Posts: 4
    what is the miles per gallon on the land rover lr2 and does it take premium gas or regular :)
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Member Posts: 53
    19 city and 31 hwy on premium
  • tony411latony411la Member Posts: 17
    As impressed as I am with the LR2, I am still slightly puzzled about it coming out in only the SE trim level. :confuse: I guess adding the Technology, Lighting and Cold Weather options would put it at an HSE trim level. But why didn't they just make an HSE level with all those features thrown in. I guess what I'm saying is I want an LR2 that says HSE. I could always have the "H" painted on. :)
  • jhbeckjhbeck Member Posts: 2
    The information about sales so far seem to suggest that there are a good number of the vehicles coming in still not sold. I put a deposit down a week or so ago and had quite a choice. I am guessing that the pricing is a little too high to spur lots of sales, at least initially.

Does anyone know what the lease rates will be? Is there any sense of whether there will be an effort to have dealer premiums or, perhaps, even discounts off MSRP?
  • macr32macr32 Member Posts: 12
    Took one out on a test drive over at Mt. Kisco, NY last week. I believe it's the same one Muddy sat in...

muddyy, "2008 Land Rover LR2" #131, 17 Mar 2007 3:53 pm

I liked it so much I left one of my cars as a down payment, I take delivery of the LR2 I drove as soon as LandRover gives the Dealership the OK to release it.
  • jhbeckjhbeck Member Posts: 2
    www.landroverusa.com now has full LR2 information and "Build Your Land Rover" now includes the LR2. Click on the LR2 button along the left side or the LR2 button along the top of the first page. Build a LR2 by clicking either the "Build Your Land Rover" button along the bottom of the first page or by first clicking on one of the LR2 buttons on the first page and then clicking on the "A Guide to Purchasing" button and then the "Build Your LR2" button.
  • lrfandclrfandc Member Posts: 1
    I saw one yesterday, Ive been waiting anxiously for this thing to hit the showrooms for several months now.

Very impressed with the car - very happy that you can get a fully loaded w/all accessories for 39k. As soon as my color and options arrive, Im buying one of these bad puppies.

Im holding out for the tambora flame.
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    checkout tinyurl . com (w/o spaces of course)

It's really simple to use. And thanks for the URL.
    Err that does not fit what I have seen at all.

The documents I have seen give the LR2 a 18/25 mpg using the old EPA test and a 18/23 mpg on the new test.
  • mwbinutahmwbinutah Member Posts: 5
    I believe the mpg figures were lifted right from the UK website http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Freelander2/Specifications/Freelander_pe- rformance.htm, and then not corrected for the use of Imperial gallons. You need to divide by 1.2 to convert Imperial mpg to US mpg. That would give: city 15, highway 27.5, and combined 21. That would still be respectable but I wonder what real world mpg will be. From what I have read on a Freelander 2 web forum, the Brits are all driving manual TD4 Freelander 2s and getting close to the stated mileage, around 30-45 mpg (Imperial) which converts to 25-37 mpg US. I am hoping that Land Rover (er Ford) will have the wisdom to import the manual TD4 over the pond in the near future. Any word on that?
    A new LR2 commercial is running now, saw it on CBS, very cool volcano action; really hot car.
    I'm really impressed with the price point they've come in at. There seems to be some really great engineering in this truck from the I6 motor to the Terrain Response System. I can't wait to see the sheet metal in person. I'm sure the interior will be nothing short of spectacular.

It stacks up very well against the competition. The RDX just doesn't do it for me. I really dig the X3 and it will be difficult to compete with BMWs driving dynamics. We'll have to drive 'em and find out!

I can't wait to hear what british_rover thinks about the LR2.

• crazyyakoocrazyyakoo Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if you can use the X-Plan for the LR2? I know you can use it for the RR, Sport and the LR3 (and get 4% above invoice).

Anyone try to use it for the new LR2 - if so, what's the discount from the $39,500 loaded price?

Thanks
  • txlablovertxlablover Member Posts: 8
    I think it depends on the dealership. The salesman I met last weekend at the Dallas Auto Show said it would be available on the X-Plan. I am going for a test drive later today, will let you know if he gives me the same answer, as well as the price for a loaded one.