Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    Can you elaborate more on "Terrain Resonse" system? Does it have to do with "locking" the 4WD system or raising & lowering the suspension settings on the LR2?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• isabelalavalisabelalaval Member Posts: 51
    Did you get the dealer extended warranty? May I ask the cost? We're trying to figure out whether to buy from Land Rover or one of a million online companies.

If you bought from a separate company, which one? It's so hard to figure out who's legitimate...

Thanks!
    Did you get the dealer extended warranty? May I ask the cost? We're trying to figure out whether to buy from Land Rover or one of a million online companies.

If you bought from a separate company, which one? It's so hard to figure out who's legitimate...

Thanks!
  • bg54bg54 Member Posts: 21
    rover..

As many problems the Rovers have had in the past 4 years,
    and the Freelander was nothing but a constant problem for almost anyone who had one.. I sincerely wish they would of
    held back.. TEST DRIVE IT LIKE THE BMW X3 did prior to bringing it to market.
    Also I said "SPEND MILLIONS IF NOT BILLIONS" not make millions of rovers... But I am sure Rover did off of all the Repairs. Below is the "actual" statement I made.

30,0000 paid in 4 years for a SUV THAT HAD NO TRADE IN VALUE WHAT SO EVER.. WITH A "0" interest rate financing.. IS 30,000.00 REASONS WHY I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASING THE LR2 UNTIL THEY CAN PROVE THEY ARE QUALITY AND REPAIR THE CONSUMERS TRUST ON THE ONES WHO SPEND MILLIONS IF NOT BILLIONS PRIOR TRUSTING LAND ROVER WITH THEIR DECISION TO PURCHASE THEIR PRIOR JUNK.

You make the ROVER problems sound like "NO BIG DEAL", and all dealers have these problems in the magnitude the Freelander, LR3 and ROVER have experienced.. When you and I know that is NOT TRUE.. I Think to build confidence in the consumers who had purchsed the JUNK PRIOR, these vehicles should be tested for 2 SOLID YEARS.. by a independant firm acknowledging all problems and resolving them prior to bring them to the consumers again. 30,000 and NO SUPPORT AND NO VALUE and all you get is an a bunch of FLUFFY TALK ABOUT .. OH..how great these cars are as you are waiting for a TOW TRUCK...

I know NOT ONE OTHER SUV/car in todays market or prior that has had the problems the Freelander/Rover has experienced int he last 4 years. To put more salt into the wound, they ignore your problems and do NOTHING TO COMPENSATE for the MONEY you have lost trying to keep it working.

Electrical problems and putting a PATCH to the program.. to me is NOT A SOLUTION... Electrical is electrical.. a computer program patch will NOT FIX ELECTRICAL.. If it is a program problem, then it is NOT electrical.

Making light of the problems makes you look to others as a
    "corporate person" who is protecting the site.

B Gant
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    bg54 - it is clear that you were not happy with your freelander - we all got it. However the up and down use of all CAPS combined with such poor grammar makes you come across as...well a werido!

Take it easy on the all caps and take a moment or two to actually read what you have written.

Just a thought... :shades:
  • betasigma98betasigma98 Member Posts: 12
    I leased my LR2, so I didn't buy any extended warranty. Sorry I can't help on that. As for the bluetooth phones, I don't think the BlackJack will work with this truck. I have a Sprint ppc6700 that I love, but I have to get rid of because it doesn't work with the LR2 (only partially works...loses connection constantly). I think the vehicle has issues with phones running Windows Mobile. Every Motorola RZR phone is pretty much compatible, but the Motorola MOTOQ is not (runs Windows Mobile). I have called Land Rover twice to figure this out, because I want the bluetooth feature to work...it's one of the reasons I bought it. I am settling for a Palm Treo 700p because it will work (presumably because it runs the Palm OS). I'm not sure if this will all change when Windows Mobile 6 comes out...we'll see. Again, this is a problem I shouldn't have to deal with, and I'm not sure why it is so hard to make it compatible with all bluetooth phones, but I do love this vehicle otherwise.
    I hear you on the inconsistent lease prices. There are 2 dealers in my area, and I got different prices from each. I went with the second dealer for several reasons. I mentioned the Ford X-plan to the sales guy, and he gave me that price, even without the pin number, so my cap cost is lower than the MSRP of $39,950. To summarize my vehicle: I got Baltic Blue, Alpaca Interior, with all packages (tech, cold weather, lighting).

I don't really care if people I don't know see the numbers I got, so here goes:

Cap Cost = $37,986.63
    Lease Term = 36 months
    Miles/year = 12,000
    Total due at signing = $2039.76 (includes $557.48 Cap Cost reduction, $654.54 First Month's payment, and several fees.)
    Monthly Payment = $654.54 ($595.04 base + $59.50 tax)
    Residual Value = $21,573
    The dealer also gave me $700 for my trade in.

I think Land Rover in general has crappy lease rates, but I like the idea of a new ride ever few years, so this was fine with me. Any other questions, let me know.
  • muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    Thanks for the numbers; that appears to be about the best lease price anyone is going to get. I've heard Ford employees get it for a little less; about $20 lower per month. I think LR is clearly not interested in leasing a lot of these cars otherwise they would offer an incentive and I'll bet that even after a year on the market they won't lower the lease price. I find this odd considering their main competition, the BMW X3, has the most aggressive lease price in the small SUV category.

The same LR lease spec you have quoted above for a BMW X3 comes in at $490/month; and that's a fully loaded X3 with a cap cost of $42,000. The only way I can comprehend this dichotomy is to guess that BMW makes money by volume sales in the US and likely has a more efficient distribution system and Land Rover makes most of it's money in Europe and can sell only a small amount of cars in the US and is satisified with that.

I'd hate to think that it's greed or conceit; that LR thinks their cars are more special and more desirable than BMW's, and that their actual marketing strategy is to overcharge for the value in the hope that people will be more impressed and more likely to buy if it is simply more expensive. If that's the case, and even if it's not, at $650/month that's too rich for my blood. My opinion is that it's not worth the price. That doesn't mean I think it's a bad car, it means I think it is a bad lease value, possibly the worst I have ever seen.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    BMW has around 8,000 dollars of support behind that X3 lease. Land Rover is simply too small to afford that many incentives behind the LR2. BMW sells more cars in the US then Land Rover does in the whole world they just can't match that volume and never will.

Just buy the LR2 instead of leasing it. They are at the moment offering 4.9% for up to 60 months on the LR2 and it is thousands of dollars less MSRP then a comparable X3. I think to get all of the stuff a top spec LR2 comes with on the X3 you have to be in the middle to upper 40k range.

I just priced it out a top spec LR2 that has a MSRP of just over 40,000. A X3 with similar eqiupment has a MSRP of nearly 50,000.
  • lachkinazilachkinazi Member Posts: 13
    I would also love to hear everyones extended warranty offers and experiences.

Also still looking for reliability information, so if you already bought your LR2 please give us a review.

Thanks.
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    millions of owners as yourself were just as excited when they got their FREELANDERS

This was your direct quote in post 239.

Also I said "SPEND MILLIONS IF NOT BILLIONS" not make millions of rovers

This was your quote in post 255. If you are going to rant and rave, at least back it up with facts, not just angry mutterings. Also, a Freelander forum would be appropriate, not a forum dedicated to LR2. FYI, the LR2 was subjected to over 1 million miles of testing prior to introduction. And as BR told you, not one part was carried over from Freelander to LR2.
    I read somewhere that Land Rover has one of the highest Customer Loyalty Rates among all car manufacturers. To paraphrase this online article (wish I could find it again...), the chances that a Land Rover owner will buy another Land Rover is very high. Why is that?

To clear things up, I'm not talking about customer service satisfaction either.
    So I'm a little confused about your point. If a loaded BMW X3 is much cheaper to lease than a loaded LR2, and the reason is because BMW is much more successful in the US then one should consider buying the LR2 because... ? Here's where I lose you.

I think the LR2 lease is out of whack with the market and just because the loaded X3 is higher on paper, mid 40's to 40 for the LR2, but it's lease price is affordable and the LR2's is not, doesn't that simply make the LR2 a bad deal? Aren't they just asking too much money because they are a smaller company? Shouldn't be because it is a much better car or a much better value?
    Land Rover is never going to sell as many cars in the world as BMW. You can define success in more ways then just sales volume. Land Rover has one factory in Sollihul and shares a factory with Jaguar in Halewood. BMW has many, many more factories then Land Rover and produces so many more types of vehicles that Land Rover will never be able to match the incentives that BMW uses.

The entire market has become addicted to incentives of one type or another and Land Rover does not typicaly offer much in the way of incentives. We push to sell the cars on their own merits without a ton of support. Check any of the Land Rover lease question forums and the Land Rover leases are always very high.

If you are interested in getting a LR2 just buy it instead of leasing it. If you only lease cars then frankly Land Rovers are probably not a vehicle you should be considering because they do not normally have the leasing support that other European makes do. There are some cars you should buy and some you should lease and the LR2 is a car you should buy.

I would never advise someone to buy any BMW because they give them away on the lease side with incentives that don't apply to normal retail sales. The entire reason BMW came out with the ultimate service plan was to help protect their investment in lease vehicles that were returning. Then you have the Full Circle program that requires BMW dealers to retain X% of lease returns for sale at their original dealership.

By doing that they force the dealers to shoulder a signficant portion of the cost when it comes to selling off lease BMWs. It also helps prop up residual values.

A LR2 with no money down financed over 60 months using the 4.9% interest rate is around 790-800 a month with taxes.

A X3 with similar equipment and using all of the same terms is nearly 970 a month with taxes.

Looks like the LR2 is the better value unless you just HAVE to lease a car.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's one story - can't answer your "Why is that" question:

"Apparently Range Rover drivers are content with their vehicles. The Range Rover took the 2006 Prestige SUV category in R.L. Polk's annual Automotive Loyalty Awards. The award recognizes manufacturers for superior loyalty performance. Loyalty is determined when a household that owns a new vehicle returns to purchase or lease another new vehicle of the same model or make."

Ford.com
    Yeah the Range Rover as a vehicle has the highest repeat customer base in the industry. Land Rover over all is more middle of the pack but that should rise now that they have all new vehicles in the market place.
  • patroverpatrover Member Posts: 2
    The LR2 has only been out a few weeks and are selling pretty consistently. Until they start to pile up, there will be no major incentive to lease them out cheaply as BMW is doing. Land Rover has always played the supply and demand card very close to the vest, which makes you think they know what they are doing by not overincentivizing an LR2 lease at this point.
    In fact, I was quite suprised to see the 4.9% X 60 offered.
    Some of this discussion is about buying what makes you happy even though the cost doesn't (make you happy). I leased a 2003 FL from LR for $399/month and was looking forward to the LR2 becasue I wanted a better car with better features and I like Land Rovers (personal taste). I don't care what anyone else thinks of Land Rover's so called "reputation" but I do care about over paying because of opportunism rather than value. So when I heard the LR2 was being developed I was hoping it would still be an "economical" LR as the Freelander was. But I have to tell you when I looked back on the launch of the RR Sport and it's pricing I knew the LR2 was going to be very expensive (for it's category) and it is.

At approx. $650/month for a lease price and 4.9 for 60 months purchase, that's eventually $50,000 you will pay for a $39,000 car over 5 years (and that monthly payment is higher than the lease) sorry, these are all bad numbers and bad deals.

2003 Freelander cost: $30,000 Lease: $399/month
    2007 LR2 cost: $39,000 Lease: $650/month
    2007 BMW X3 cost: $42,000 Lease: $490/month

They're right when they say the LR2 has nothing in common with the old Freelander.
    But if you can afford it, great for you. I must be growing old school, I can actually remember when cars were an important purchase but they didn't break the bank, and they certainly were not the most expensive financial burden behind your house mortgage or your rent... they are now.
    I think you are confusing lease expense with vehicle expense.

The Sport is not expensive for its category. It is less then a comparable equiped X5, less then a comparable equipped Cayenne and less then a comprable Toruag.

The LR2 is less then a comparable equiped X3. There is no way you are going to get a X3 with the equipment a top spec LR2 has for 42,000. You are going to have a MSRP well over 45,000. When I speced out a X3 at BMW's site it was just shy of 49,000 USD when equiped like the top in LR2.

Yes they lease for more then their competitors but I have already explained why that is. Historicaly speaking towards the end of the model yeal Land Rover will throw some support behind the lease to clear out left over models but that is all you get. If you want the best deal and don't mind waiting till the end of the model year then go that route.
    Well, no, I'm comparing a loaded BMW X3 to a loaded LR2, lease price. BMW X3 loaded $490/month, this is in writing from a dealer in a showroom (in other words I know it's loaded and I know it's a real price because I was there); loaded LR2 $650/month, also from a dealer. That's a huge difference in my book.

I also think the RR Sport is expensive and the lease is high, and it's cash price is more expensive than even the high end 4.8i BMW X5 which starts at $54,500; the RR Sport starts at $57,950, and it's right on the front page of their websites so I don't know how you can say the Sport is less than the X5, it's clearly not.

But that's not even my point, which is that the LR2 cannot be considered an economical LR like the Freelander was and it is not even in the same price category as the BMW X3 though for comparison most reviewers see them as one in the same. They may be, performance and size wise, but not lease price; the LR2 is in the next class up; and that's a huge disappointment imho.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    Give it a few months.... Every car that first comes out has lousy lease deals..

As noted above, the Freelander actually had some pretty good lease deals in the '03 model year. Give the LR2 some time, and you'll probably see lease deals on them, as well..

They may not have to sell a lot of them, but the $40K price range is pretty big leasing territory... They will at least have to come up with something reasonable, at some point.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for.
    When Purchasing or leasing a Land Rover/LR2 OR Freelander DO your consumer Research.. Do NOT buy off of Hype .. Consumers must know of ALL THE mechanical problems that have been a part of the Rovers in the past 4 years. From the Range Rover to the Freelander. In 2006 all 3 were AT the top of the Worse SUV's for 2006 for having problems. This is documented via the web sites, comsumer complaints, Edmunds under Freelander and Rover in consumer complaints. Saying the LR2 HAS NOTHING in common with the Freelander is NOT true, when it has the same electrical and engine as the Freelander and Transmission. The Transmission was replaced in 2004. Maybe not all parts but it still has some of the same genics as the Freelander. Being told it is being built in a AWARD winning plant means nothing.. Look at the problems JAGUAR was having in 2006, by bring up Jaguar comments on Edmunds. Please don't hype qaulity when it is not there to mislead consumers into purchasing. Until the LR2 has been out on the Market for over 2 years and complaint are minimal, is when to believe the past has been corrected by FORD/ROVER. Until then I would wait and see on their reliability prior to purchasing. BMW .. can BRAG... But they also always test drive the BMW for a couple of years, to get the bugs out, and not throw it into the market with problems.

The ROVERS have lost their Bragging Badge for a couple years..

B Gant
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    B,

Good job on not using the CAPS so much. You can actually read your posts now ;-) Also try to put in a return in there every once in a while.

I don't think it's a bad idea to wait a bit to buy a LR2, but then again it's always better to buy ANY model after it's been out a year if you can wait.

I'm very interested in the LR2. I'm waiting until the end of the year -- not because I'm afraid of LR's reliability, but b/c I want them to work out any first-year gremlins. Hopefully there'll be some cool additions next year as well.

Having said that, I will repeat again what everybody has already said, the LR2 does NOT have the same engine as the Freelander. They don't share a single piece in common. Where are you getting your information?
    Unless the X3 had a MSRP of $48,000 in change then it was not a comparable vehicle to a loaded LR2. That is what a X3 with all the options that a loaded LR2 has costs in terms of MSRP. The X3 is a more expensive car but BMW is subvening the lease to make it appear less expensive. I have already explained why the LR2 is not going to be like that. It is a brand new vehicle and it makes no sense for Land Rover to throw incentives behind it.

Additionaly you can't compare a Base X5 to a Sport as the X5 doesn't even come standard with Nav. To get all of the stuff you get in a 61,000 dollar Sport on the X5 you would have a MSRP of nearly 68,000 dollars.

A 61,000 dollar sport is the most common price and comes with Nav, all around PDC, adjustable air suspension( I don't think you can even get adjustable air suspension in the X5, luxury interior, heated front and rear seats and a heated windshield also not avaliable on the X5. Oh and a Center Console mini-fridge also not avaliable in the X5.

All of that is leaving out all of the extra 4WD hardware that is standard no the Sport and not even avaliable on the X5.

You have to compare like to like with different brand vehicles you can't just compare the base model of one to the base model of another unless they have similar equipment levels.

Land Rover is not going to price a car down in the freelander range anytime soon. They know that they cannot compete down at that price and volume level so they are just not going to market anything at that level.
    If you go on the Jaguar Edmunds, the Rover, the Freelander 2
    and Freelander.. You are reading NOTHING POSITIVE what so ever.. It is all ABOUT LAW SUITS and how FORD/LAND ROVER has not supported their products when all were failing. You will read and see the tempers are above RAGE with Rover and Ford. I could post many, but go to the last page where it starts todays date and read. FORD/ROVER HAS NO
    respect for the consumers who purchased their LEMMONS, and
    refuse to compensate them for the BAD PRODUCT. LAW SUITS
    are not starting to form. DO YOU really want to take a chance on a company that HAS NOT SUPPORTED it product?

B Gant
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I could post many ...

Yes, but then we'd be repeating ourselves and repetition isn't particularly effective.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Vinnie,

You have a LR2, right? Does it come with auto-dimming mirror?

Thx,

Angel
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Member Posts: 53
    Yes. I believe it came with the li8ghtn package.
    I'm a newbie when it comes to the whole navigation system so pardon me if my questions seem silly...

I understand the LR2 comes with 2 DVDs that have the most recent map info for both US and Canada. I know (according to the dealer) that the Nav System doesn't have a "traffic indication" feature that tells you if there are any traffic issues up ahead, but the included 6 month subscription to SIRIUS has traffic stations. The concept of GPS tracking, I am also aware of.

What I would like to know:
    - Is the GPS Navigation System subscription-based?
    - If it is NOT subscription-based, how does the vehicle know its present location, where to turn, etc.?
    - If it IS, what is the monthly cost?
  • haagdhaagd Member Posts: 20
    I went with the LR2 with the cold climate and lighting package (passed on the technology package)in the grey color. :)

The standard stereo will meet my needs, my current phone would not work with the blue tooth (thanks for some of the chat above otherwise I would not have known that) and I picked up a portable navigation system at Costco for $300.00 that I can use in any of my vehicles (will provide the needed compass that should be added next year's model).

I am looking forward to my first LR experience.

I hope the 9.8 rating is close to being right and that I am able to get a hitch and roof rack soon.
  • serranotserranot Member Posts: 113
    GPS is not subscription-based and is available to anyone who purchases appropriate hardware. Many autos now have built-in GPS navigation receivers; there are also many portable units now available.

The GPS unit detects satellites orbiting the Earth and uses precise position and timing signals from the satellites to locate its position and elevation on the earth with amazing precision. This position system is then combined with maps and software that can guide a user while driving.

Regards,
    Tom
    I'm so jealous! Congratulations! :)

Please don't forget about the rest of us on this forum who are still rather trigger-shy with purchasing the LR2. Keep us updated, and I hope you only have pleasant ones to share.
    CONSUMER AWARENESS is what I am trying to repeat.NOT jumping into HYPE of a New SUV that Ford/Land Rover will NOT support the Consumer on if and when they are having problems. The best way to support my statement is with all statements that the Current and Past owners are having problems with. If you ENJOY being TOWED on a regular basis with a NEW SUV and ENJOY NOT HAVING the support of the Dealership or ROVER/FORD to help. Then by all means Purchase the SUV, but at least the consumer is NOT being driven by HYPE.
    B. Gant:

From a previous post, I had mentioned that your comments were "much appreciated". It seemed that you had a bad experience with the Land Rover / Ford company, and were simply trying to warn us from making an uneducated, unresearched purchase.

You have made it crystal clear that you don't believe Land Rover / Ford is a consumer-conscious, reputable company in many, many, many posts! But how many more? I agree that this forum is a free space, and you're more than welcome to post. However, if you look at the title, it is for the new LR2 / Freelander 2. By the sounds of it, your lemon of a vehicle was the previous Freelander? As someone else had suggested, perhaps you should do your ranting on the Freelander Forum. Also, be careful what you write; it may be considered libel by some. And no, I do not work for Ford or any vehicle manufacturer.

You go on this self-important tirade of consumer awareness. I could be wrong, but it appears that the folks in this forum are all adults, who have previously purchased / leased vehicles. It's rather condescending for someone to think that simple "hype" is enough to sway someone to spend $40000.

I liken you to those Bible-thumpers who try to shove their religion down your throat every minute they get. I know what I believe in, obtaining my info through my own research, and neither a car company's glossy photos nor your repetitive posts can make me change my mind.
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Member Posts: 53
    rah! rah! bravo! bravo! Here! Here!
    Now there is a point I think most of us agree with.
    CONSUMER COMPLAINTS if true are NOT considered Slander.The Freelander/Jaguar/Rover/LR3 are all listed on the Consumer Complaints and in Edmunds, please review if you want to see prior and up to date complaints on the above.Just pull up each and you will read not the "GLORY" as anyone would rather write vs having to express consumer "Buyer Be Ware". I sincerely would hope that at least one SUV will make a good report. Again time will tell !!

B.Gant
    If you have the Lighting Package (that has the memory seats and mirrors), when you are reversing, the side mirrors automatically tilt towards the curb! How nifty! Hah!
    You can also adjust that.

Put the car in reverse wait till the mirrors dip fully then adjust the mirrors to where you want them to dip next time. Put the car back in park let the mirrors go all the way back up and then put it in reverse again.

The mirrors will save in the new position so that you can only have one mirror dip, usually the passenger side one, or only dip the mirror slightly.
    Oh sweet!!! My Passat has that and I was afraid I'd have to give that up with the LR2. Thanks for the info.
    Thanks Vinnie. Enjoy your LR2 and keep us posted on how great it is.
    Great post - Thanks
    Thanks goodness the LR2 is with the times and offers the auxiliary jack for an MP3 player! My question is why manufacturers like Lexus (for the RX) and Nissan (for the Murano) still have cassette decks? I just don't understand...
  • lachkinazilachkinazi Member Posts: 13
    I am getting Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Interior, Pixel Metallix Trim, and Technology Package.

Finding out about a couple accessories today too including: Audio Connectivity Module, mudflaps, and the premium carpet mats.

Things to watch out for:

1) Parking Distance Control Volume (have read it is too low to hear and there is a patch the dealer has to fix it. Is this only a Europe problem or should I check it also?)

2) Windshield wipers (have read some are too long and dealer needs to replace again only in Europe).

Is there anything else you reccomend checking at the dealer. All the information I got about problems is from the European forum so if any one has bought the car in North America and found little faults- please let me know!
    In regards to the previous posts:

1. Enough, bg54. No one cares. Only you do. And no, I do not work for Ford or Land Rover, and I don't like Jaguar either.

2. The navigation system is not subscription based. I wish it paired with Sirius traffic, and updated the traffic situation real time like XM NavTraffic, but it doesn't. There are 2 map DVD's that come with the truck. The DVD player is under the passenger seat, accessible from the back seat. I have been wondering if it will play other DVDs, but I probably won't try.

3. Like I said, Land Rover has really crappy lease rates. It would have been cheaper to buy my LR2, but I like the idea of a lease, so I went with it. I priced out the X3, and BMW nails you for every little option, so a loaded out X3 is actually just over $50,000. I want all the gadgets, so I shyed away from this.

4. The park distance control volume is not too low on my vehicle. It actually turns down the volume on the radio, so you can hear the PDC easily.

5. I wondered what the mirrors were doing the first time I backed up, but I realized what they were. Pretty cool.

6. The rear-view mirror does automatically dim. Sometimes it's not as bright during the day as I like.

7. There is a dealer in California that has an accessory website with pictures of the mud flaps, carpet mats, etc. so you can check them out before you buy. I was considering the flaps also. My dealer says he'll get them for about $63 for each pair.

8. I love the mp3 jack in this vehicle. It's really nice being able to carry around 30GB or more of your music collection. I think the iPod connectivity module will let you use the steering wheel controls to control it.

9. No problems with the windshield wiper lengths that I can tell.
    The site previously mentioned to order or check out pictures of accessories is:

http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?category=104

I like the side steps too, but they sure are pricey. Hope this helps!
    a volume off-set into the radio so that your Ipod comes through at an appropriate volume and so that if you switch back to regular radio your ears don't get blown out.

It is in the manual but I forget exactly where.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Customer Service: The good, the bad and the ugly! could use a little primer.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper