Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    If the decision not to integrate them was made only because it would cost too much, then I'm disappointed.

Once they paid development costs for the Range Rover, it should be a lot less to port it to the other models.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Nope the Range Rover is a totally different system from the other Rovers. The entertainment system is completely different since the Range Rover was designed by BMW well before all the other vehicles. The LR2 also has the new Flash Based nav which is completely different from all the other nav systems.

You can't make everyone happy and there are people that prefer to have a seperate radio head unit. I am actually one of them.
    In that case, disregard my previous mail.

One of the reasons I bought my Passat was that the NAV and Radio controls were integrated. Now I'm not so sure I want it that way. So the fact that they are separate in the LR2 doesn't bother me.
  • isabelalavalisabelalaval Member Posts: 51
    Is there a specific reason why there are no covers for the center console? I just found it strange.

Also, what are the pockets in the front part of the driver's and passenger's seats for?

For the rear seat audio controls, does the LR2 come with the headphones already?

Lastly, how does the MP3 integration work? I just saw the "connectivity module" photo. Is it essentially just an Ipod holder, and the Ipod plugs into the center area to integrate with the audio system?
  • ronxlr2ronxlr2 Member Posts: 46
    i think i remember reading that the pockets are for maps...

no, headphones do not come with the LR2

the connectivity module is wired in to the head unit so that the auxiliary input in the center console isn't needed. that way, the ipod becomes integrated into the system so that you can use the steering wheel controls to control the ipod.
  • betasigma98betasigma98 Member Posts: 12
    By the way, the radio does alert you when one of your stored favorites plays on another station. This is in the manual.

I also was disappointed that my phone didn't work with the LR2. Like I said before, it is strange that my phone will pair with a $35 Logitech bluetooth headset, but not a $40,000 Luxury SUV. If you call LR, they will be able to tell you exactly which phones work with your ride. The phone list on http://ownerinfo.landrover.com is not very complete, and it says it is a UK list. I called them twice to find a Sprint PDA phone that worked. Since the vehicle won't download the contact list from my Treo 700p, I am also disappointed that you can't create and store your own contacts manually through the system. The only one it stores that you put in yourself is the voicemail number. If anybody knows differently, please let me know.
    Maps your, wallet, some change whatever you want to put there.
  • lachkinazilachkinazi Member Posts: 13
    It is Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Interior, and the technology package. It currently has pixel metallic trim, but I really don't care for it, so the dealer is switching it out on Saturday. I will take pictures of both.

I just want to thank everyone for posting all the helpful information on this forum. It has been an invaluable resource for me. I promise to keep everyone updated, and if anyone has any questions let me know. I will have my digital camera and my manual ready later this evening and hopefully I can help some of you make a decision.

I don't know how everything works yet. I bought the car very late last night- I was there until well after the dealership had closed!

I am returning tonight to pick up my floor mats (which they threw in, but were locked up by the time I got the car as just the salesman and I were in the dealership) and for them to explain all of the features to me-they explained the basics last night start, stop, lights, windshield wipers- but I haven't a clue how to set up my phone or work the nav and satellite radio. I am also going back Saturday as I mentioned before for them to switch out the trim, and my dealer is going to let me drive the test track to (in another LR2) so he can show me all of the off roading features. The extra Saturday trip was at my requst since I can't get to the dealership until almost 8 on a weeknight.

I am just so excited I probably forgot a ton of stuff, so please ask anything you are interested in, and I am going to post my "price paid and buying experience" over in that forum.

Khristina:

You only get headphones if you purchase the rear seat entertainment package (the two dvd players in the back headrests). That comes with two wireless head phone sets. With the technology package there are just two headphone jacks on the back of the center console, and it does not come with any headphones.

Also ronxlr2 was right if you don't have the audio connectivity module you just plug your mp3 player into the center console and control it from the actual mp3 player. If you have the audio connectivity module the wires are not shown and you plug your ipod into the cradle near the steering wheel and control it via the steering wheel and the audio controls on the center console. I haven't tried this yet. I am going to see how I like working the mp3 player on the center console and if I don't like it my dealer said that they can install the audio connectivity module later.
    Thanks for the post. Looking fwd to hearing about your ownership experience.
    Congratulations on your recent purchase! I also look forward to hearing about your (safe and uneventful, hopefully) experience with the LR2.

Also, thanks everyone for telling me about the pockets and Ipod module.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 3
    I found an inexpensive source for Land Rover accessories - the website isn't fancy and you need to know the part number but I haven't found any place cheaper:

www.utahparts.com
  • macr32macr32 Member Posts: 12
    I count 12 Speaker in the LR2...

7 up front
    2 in the rear door panels
    2 on the rear pillars
    1 subwoofer by the spare tire

but I can't find the other two.
    There are 2 vents by the rear deck windows but I don't hear nothing coming out of them,
    I thought those vents were for defogging those windows.

Where are the other two ???
    There are two tiny tweeters in the same place as the two larger rear door speakers. They are in the same housing but you can see them a little above and in front of the larger mid range speaker.
  • 47074707 Member Posts: 12
    I went to the Land-Rover dealer last night to check out the LR2. I couldn't drive one as they didn't have a single car to drive... they sell that fast, but I was able to sit in one and compare it to the Acura RDX that I had seen in the afternoon.

My first impression : two completely different animals. I don't think that a customer really looking for something like a RDX will be interested in the LR2. The seats in the LR2 are nice but not very wide especially for your back ( but then I'm 6`3 and 250... For taller people they are not very supportive for your thighs and they are very slippery. The steering wheel is nice. Lots of buttons on the center console and the design is very plain but probably effective. The green lightning for the radio is a return in the '80's, when you compare with the electroluminescent dashboard of the RDX it's quite a shock ! You sit very square and your right knee hits the center console all the time. The dials are nice and functional if perhaps a bit small and the view is fantastic, large windows and big windshield. Having had a Jaguar Type S and a Mini Cooper S Works with a heated windshield I can attest to the benefits of such an item. The sound system is a killer with the 14 speakers. The dashboard itself is rather plain and, to my view, lacks a little bit of imagination compared to the very design dashboard of the RDX. The door panels are nice but the switches for the windows on the top of the side panel, well, I'll have to get used to that. Overall a feeling of the LR2 being a little bit less spacious than the RDX. The trunk is OK but the sill is very high, nothing for me but smaller people might find it harder to put heavy stuff in there. Overall a feeling of a very robust SUV, more utilitarian than a RDX that fells more like a luxury car with the body of a SUV.

On the exterior, the lines are great especially the front and the LR2 is very distinctive compared with all the other SUV's that, to my eye, look pretty much the same ( except for the CX-7 ). Probably a very good selling point. The LR2 sits very high on it's suspension however, even with 18 inches wheels and doesn't seem to fill the gap between the body and the tires very well.

Like I said in the beginning, the RDX and the LR2 are two very distinct animals. One is a luxury car with the body of an SUV with very up to date styling while the other one seems really functional in nature with good but not especially great interior styling and , at least on the dashboard, a feeling of being at least one notch lower in the quality of materials used. The fit and finish was very nice however on the LR2.

Well those are my first impressions. RDX: extremely nice and up to date interior but pretty bland on the outside, LR2: very nice and distinctive exterior but with some issues on the quality on materials and the design of the interior, looks more utilitarian and " made for the Amazon " than the RDX. I keep them both on my list (I still have a year of lease on my Mini Cooper S Works )and will see the reliability of the LR2 in the following year. Next step is for a test drive in both vehicules... can't wait !

By the way, all the typos in this text are real mistakes ! I'm French not English and live in Montréal where a good 4X4 can be usefull in winter...
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Member Posts: 53
    I didn't know what Comand seating was like till I got my LR2. I am 6'2" 200 lbs. and I do not even have to put the seat all the way back. You sit upright with a great view. Ihaven;t bee on a long trip yet (teuesday I will be on the road for 6 hours I will let you know) But for now the ride is luxuriuous. The seats hug you soft but no sway on turns. miles per gallon 20 around town hwy I will post Tuesday night. Rides like a dream so far.
  • gbkirschgbkirsch Member Posts: 5
    Dropped off my 04 BMW X3 and picked up my LR2 today from Land Rover Cincinnati. Great delivery, synced up my phone with Bluetooth and man I wish I had more places to go today! It is such a great vehicle. The Nav is a breeze and I set it up to speak to me in the British woman's voice. The surround sound system sounds fantastic and my ipod plugs right in. The only thing I'm going to add is the ipod module so I'll have a nice spot for the ipod to the left of the steering wheel. I'm really happy with this purchase. :):)
  • m1964m1964 Member Posts: 6
    I test drove all three (X3, RDX, LR2) twice -to be short: RDX has very noisy engine and very noisy turbo, and those two noises do not blend well -you'd have to crank the radio up high to not hear the engine+turbo noise. Also, very stiff suspension-on a very good NJ local highway I felt almost every indentation in the road surface. Almost no body roll - I always try to induce it during test drive. These two -noise and stiff ride eliminated RDX from my list.
    LR2: Spartan interior, but softer ride, some body roll that you would expect from such tall vehicle. A lot less engine noise. I also noted "narrow" seatback, however when test-driving I felt very comfortable, and my wife said that she did not have any low back pain -1/2 hours later said "my back hurts" while test driving X3...
    X3: stiffer ride then LR2, but softer then RDX. As quiet as LR2 if not even quieter. Holds the road well, with some body roll. Nice interior -almost as nice as RDX. NOTHING STANDARD. You got to pay for every option. Similarly equipped LR2 is $7000 cheaper then X3.
    7K + tax + finance charge = about $9K.
    So I chose LR2 -picking up next week.
    I agree that the LR2 is a very comfy ride for taller folks... I'm 6'3 185 and have had no problems with my legs hitting the center console or with back or thigh support.

I haven't had as much luck with gas mileage though. I've been driving very conservatively around town and averaging about 16-17 mpg. I'm hoping for a bit better mileage after 20-30k miles.

Rob
  • nimbusdognimbusdog Member Posts: 5
    I'd have to echo the comment on the gas mileage. I've been disappointed as well. The best I've gotten was 18 MPG on a tank that was all highway miles.
  • drojtdrojt Member Posts: 10
    My gas mileage has been great thus far. I live in the hilly Northern Virginia Burbs. I am averaging 22 mpg in my local area, 27-39 on the highway using 91 octane gas. I am a pretty conservative drive and only have 1200 miles on mine thus far but will add that the truck (per the manual) does burn regular 87 octane gas but the mileage drops off significantly (16 and 23 respectfully). I’m taking a drive to GA 900 miles soon and will continue to validate the MPG’s. I am looking forward to increased mileage after the engine settles in.
    Also, I took her out for some mud running this weekend without a hitch! This is a great vehicle as it does exactly what it was designed to do. My only complaint thus far is the lack of an aux pwr supply in the rear tailgate area. :shades:
    Sorry but I posted 27-39 Hwy MPG. That should have read 27-29.OOPS, but I still consider it great! :blush:
  • andybl29andybl29 Member Posts: 8
    I just got my LR2, it's whistler white, very exciting times. I am thrilled with it, except for the back plastic piece with the 'LAND ROVER' name embossed in it. I can't look at it without thinking the letters should contrast with the grey color of the plastic. I am considering having the letters taped off and then have the piece painted white to match the body. This will then create a contrast between the letters and the truck on the back, because they will remain grey. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!
    Hi! May I ask you which dealership you ended up buying from (can't remember if you posted that here, and I'm too tired to check right now)? What was your OTD price?

From the look of these posts, I think we have a Stornoway Grey baby due in the summer... keep up the updates! :)
    I purchased form Alexandria. I researched both Tyson’s and Chantilly. Tysons wanted MSRP and would not negotiate. Chantilly, although nice people did not have the stockage or vehicle knowledge that I was looking for.

Alexandria gave me the best area price which was aprox..$37,300 before the $1,100 for tax, $379 processing, and $37 tags ($39,019 OTD Price). I purchased a Blk, CC, Tech, Floormats. Basically, 1K over invoice and I did the complete transaction online so there was no games / stress involved. I reearched at Truedelta.com before purchasing :D

In addition after 1200 miles I will provide the following:

The vehicle drives likes a champ on and off-road! Use premium gas or your gas mileage will drop like a rock. It burns regular so the choice is yours. The ride is very quiet for a truck and not jittery. The shifter is great and very smooth when you drive in sport mode. The LR2 is very responsive and quite fun to drive so don't be concerned about pushing the vehicle!

The terrain response system is a little gimmicky as I am used to off-roading. The off-roading is great and the vehicle will puddle jump as advertised. I am heading out to WVA again to hit some serious back roads. If I get stuck, I'll let you know!

The rear seat functionality is easy to use and not cumbersome at all.

The audio surround sound system is great! I have yet to find a better one for the wide range of music that I enjoy. I initially had issue with the sub woofer being underneath the rear panel storage area but it produces great range. I’ve challenged the system and there is absolutely no distortion whatsoever. :shades:

Also, I am very impressed with the quality of materials and workmanship.

A few minor issues:
    *There is no electrical outlet in the rear storage area for coolers, blenders, air pumps or other camping/beach necessities but with the seats down, it's no problem.
    *It is a very open vehicle as there are also no covered front storage areas other than the glove box.
    * There are no minor amenities such as sunglass holders/ home link.
    *The all weather floor mats do not cover the drivers’ side foot rest.

Good Luck!
    ;)
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Member Posts: 53
    Just went on a road trip. All highway 65-75 MPH no traffic and recorded 24 MPG on BP 93 octane. So far running about 20 MPG around town also no traffic in Orland Florida. She rode great.
    Thanks for the report. I wish we could get 93 in CA. We can only get 91.
    I am pretty sure that 91 octane is al that is required for the LR2. In general Land Rover only specs the cars out for 91 octane.
    just a follow-up to my previous post where i said i was only getting 16 mpg.... not sure if it's because of the breaking-in (just over 500 miles now) or because of the 93 octane i've spoiled her with the past couple fill-ups, but i've been getting about 18-20 mpg city miles pretty consistently lately. My money is on the 93 octane.... better gas, better mileage?
    great review! i share a lot of the same thoughts after almost 600 miles (over 9 days)... my biggest excitements so far about the vehicle are:

- like you said, the audio system is incredible. i'm not sure how the standard system compares, but the upgraded system included with the technology package impresses this audiophile more and more every day. The ability to control the levels for treble, bass, surround sound, center channel, subwoofer (yes, separately from bass), and a few others, it really lets you control exactly how your music sounds. I also have to mention that it seems they really paid attention to speaker direction. Anyone who has ever researched home theater systems knows that height and direction of speakers makes all the difference in the world -- even if you have the best components money can buy, if they aren't mounted at the right height and direction, it's a waste. In the LR2, I'm impressed that size, brand, placement, and direction of speakers seems spot-on. This is refreshing, since it seems that in most vehicles, this consideration is always just a second thought. (Even the upgraded Bose system in my 2004 BMW 330Ci doesn't sound near as good as the LR2's system).

I have also been extremely happy with the sunroof situation.... not only does the dual-sunroof make the whole truck feel more open, it also adds a very sporty dimension to the vehicle when the sunroof is open... the front sunroof actually raises up and slides back over the rear, stationary sunroof, and a tight mesh bug screen raises in the very front to keep those pesky guys from blowing into the car from above. This combination of parts that are raised above the roofline give the LR2 a fun, sportier look reminiscent of how "neat" the Nissan Xterra looked when it first came out (although this new LR2 sportiness is much sweeter and much more adult, luxurious-sporty looking if that makes sense -- for those that can't appreciate my xterra comparison, hehe).

I too was a bit surprised at all the open storage areas. The glove box is definitely much larger and better-organized than any glove box I've had in any other car. I've been using the glove box for most items that I have traditionally kept in the center console and side pocket areas of other cars (mainly because I want to keep the interior looking nice and clean). This leads to my main concerns/minor issues:

- once i turned the subwoofer and bass up, i started hearing occasional minor buzzing coming from somewhere in the back when i'm playing my music loud. it's very minor, but since i'm so anal about how my music sounds, it bothers me a little every now and then. it might be something simple to fix -- i haven't had a chance to crawl into the back and listen around to try to figure out where it's coming from yet, but i plan to real soon.

- phone compatibility... i was very disappointed when my LR2 wasn't able to even find my Samsung A900 (Blade) bluetooth phone. This was one of the features I was very excited about, and I can't even use it AT ALL until I buy a different phone... by the way, if anyone has any recommendations on which Sprint phones are most compatible with the LR2's picky bluetooth support, please let me know. I'll probably be trading in my perfectly-good Blade for something else just so I can use this feature in my LR2.

Those are really my only concerns at this point.... my BIGGEST concern, besides the phone thing, is hard-wiring my Valentine 1. I had hard-wired it through the overhead console in my 330Ci, but am having a hard time figuring out how to gain access to a switched wire in the LR2. I popped the light cover off and pulled out the plastic piece that holds the light bulb, but it looks like I'd have to cut a couple fasteners to be able to remove the entire plastic housing to get access to some wires to splice into. The other possibility I thought of was to somehow run a wire out of where the rear view mirror wires come out of the overheard covering. But I don't have much to work with there, and don't have a cabling diagram to be able to tell if I'm wasting my time looking for a switched wire there or not. Has anyone started thinking about hardwiring radar detectors in the LR2? Please post if you've given this any thought because it's really a pain in the @$$ to have to run the power cable from way back in the middle of the center console to the windshield!!

I think that's enough for now ;) ... in case you haven't noticed, I'm LOVING my new LR2!

Rob
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 3
    I'm using a Sprint Motorola Q - the LR2 grabs the phone book and call history (dialed, received and missed calls) without a problem, if you have a lot of entries in your phonebook it can take a while to sync - the sound quality thru the radio is amazing.
  • serranotserranot Member Posts: 113
    Respectfully, fuel octane has nothing to do with gas mileage. There are a variety of other factors that could lead to your results, but fuel octane is not one of them. You should use the fuel a manufacturer recommends, but using something higher in octane if it is unnecessary gains nothing and in fact may lead to degraded performance over time. If you don't believe me, search the net for the science.

Regards,
    Tom
    I found that when I burned 87, my MPG's declined. That being stated I found the following web site: http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/bulletin/fuel_economy/
    It gives great detail in the science of MPG's but it states the following (see below)which does in fact relate perforance and gas milliage to octane.

From the website:
    Octane and energy content are not related. Premium-grade gasoline doesn't necessarily have a higher energy content, especially if it is oxygenated.

The exception to the above advice is when a lower-octane gasoline doesn't satisfy the octane requirement of the vehicle's engine. The abnormal combustion that announces itself as knocking reduces engine efficiency. Using a higher-octane gasoline that eliminates knocking will improve both engine performance and fuel economy.

Many newer vehicles with an electronic control module (ECM) also have a knock-sensor device. When the sensor detects knocking, the ECM retards the engine's ignition timing to eliminate the knocking. This happens so quickly that the driver never hears the knocking. But retarding timing decreases power and fuel economy. A higher-octane gasoline may improve the performance of knock sensor-equipped vehicles that have less power than when new.

:D
    Exactly if you are putting 87 octane in a vehicle that requires 91 or 93 octane then you will see lower gas mileage.
  • serranotserranot Member Posts: 113
    It may, but it will more likely show itself as slightly reduced peak horsepower. Unless you are flat-out accelerating or putting a serious load on the engine that could cause high cylinder pressure and the accompanying pings, you will never know the difference.

Yet, you are correct about requirements. If you want peak performance, put in what the manufacturer recommends.

Regards,
    Tom
    I don't understand why you would pay $40k for a car and then skimp a little bit on gas. :confuse:
  • 47074707 Member Posts: 12
    I just,this week,did a little test and compared the mileage I`m getting in my Mini Cooper S by changing the octane rating of the gasoline I`m using. I'm getting approx 395 Kms on a tank of 87 octane and approx 460 Kms on 91 octane. Quite a difference. The car is supposed to use 91 octane and, subjectively, is running much better on 91 octane.
    Unfortunately, we don't have 91 octane in the states.. at least, nowhere that I've ever seen. So if your car asks for 91 octane, you have to splurge for the 93 octane or settle for the 89, hehe.
    Actually California doesn't have 93. We only have 91.
    Citgo and Sunocco normally have 91 octane. Sometimes you can fnid 91 octane at other places too.
  • haagdhaagd Member Posts: 20
    I have had my LR2 for 2 weeks now and have really enjoyed it. Many compliments.

Thinks I like:

Audio system - even without the technology package

Fun to drive / handles with ease

Mileage better than any of my other (3) SUV's

Fun interior

The headlights are fantastic

Comfort

MP3 Auxilary

Things to improve:

Add a compass

Sunroof

Push button start

Wiper system

Information control button

3 memory seats

Great vehicle

I hope this helps.
  • haagdhaagd Member Posts: 20
    My only suggested improvement on the above was the compass.

The rest are all positives
  • macr32macr32 Member Posts: 12
    If you're running the Nav, you're running the Compass.

It would have been nice to run the compass as a screensaver.
  • bg54bg54 Member Posts: 21
    It is so exciting to see the excitement each has for their new Land Rover LR2.. The true test will be time and how much you will have to pay for you LR2 in a year or years.

Time spent in Shop? Time spent being towed? Money out of pocket because parts used when built were CHEAP and Land Rover and Ford will say.. OH>> THAT IS NOT A WARRANTY ITEM.

You will then find out that LAND ROVER AND FORD ...

Does NOT support their faulty products and your new LR2 will be a item in a gargae being FIXED OR REPAIRED DAILY..

I had the 2002 Freelander and 2004 replaced the 2002 which NO MONEY was transferred over which I had already 15,000 paid in on the 2002 and 30,000.00 in 4 years with NO TRADE IN VALUE.. DO NOT BUY.. from LAND ROVER IN FORT WORTH TEXAS, because you will not have the quality support by this Dealer and Land Rover/Ford ignores the problems as well... BUYER BE WARE..

Great concept SUV.. Time will tell.. on how GREAT you feel after 12,000 to 30,000 miles and shop time .
    Haha. I was just reading the MKX forum, where a troll has appeard, and I was thinking to myself how nice it was that our own troll here was gone.

Looks like I jinxed myself :sick:
  • drsm00thdrsm00th Member Posts: 10
    Have had my LR2 for a few days now and must say I am very impressed. The ride is smooth and the stereo system is outstanding (I have the tech package). If you can afford it, I'd highly recommend getting the lighting package, the Xenon lights are outstanding and really change the look of the vehicle. Navigation system is one of the best i've seen installed in a car. I also think this car needs to be in black, it looks outstanding in a clean black.

Only complaints are the lack of homelink for the garage door, this makes no sense. I also think the floormats could have been nicer.

Overall, very impressed and really look forward to driving the car more.
  • presspress Member Posts: 17
    What do you think of the trunk space? My concern is that it may be a little small. I am usually carrying either two sets of golf clubs, or two to three baseball bags for my kids and the space seems pretty small. Just wanted some feedback on real world use if the trunk space is good or bad.

Press
  • bstoeckerbstoecker Member Posts: 10
    I picked up my new LR2 last Friday and so far have loved it all weekend. But my Verizon Motorola Q so far won't bond with the LR2 bluetooth. The dealers tech guy will look at it today. So will keep you all posted.
  • lachkinazilachkinazi Member Posts: 13
    Trunk Space:

I can't speak to golf or baseball bags, but I can tell you I went to the supermarket this weekend and a cart filled to the brim worth of groceries fit in the back. I don't think I could have squeezed another bag in though!

Phones:

I have tried to hook up my Blackberry 8100 Pearl with no luck. The phone is not supposed to be compatible but I was hoping it was partially compatible- no luck. My boyfriend's LG synced perfectly though (it's the envy one). Great quality sound and really easy to use. Has anyone had any luck with any smart phones (preferably sold by T-Mobile)? I am going to have to get a new phone because I love the feature and want my phone to be compatible.

Gas Mileage:

I am getting about 16mpg right now using 91 octane. Not so happy about that but I am hoping it is because I am still breaking the car in (just reached 700 miles). It could also be the southern california stop and go traffic, but I am hoping it's the former.

Things I Love:

Real head turner! I travel between LA and Orange County and people are always checking out my car- I still have only seen one other one on the road.

Comfortable- interior is fantastic and ride is extremely smooth. Surprises all of my passengers.

Sound system is great (I have the tech package).

Navigation is easy to use.

Things I Don't Love:

Navigation is missing some Points of Interest (Restaurants/Shopping) that aren't that new.

I have had to clean the tires very often due to break dust. Is this just because the breaks are new (I hope), and can anyone recommend some kind of protectant(sp?)?
  • 08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    does the nav play a DVD movie when the car is parked? :surprise:

Just ordered and get mine in a month all 3 packages.

has anyone found a good owners club forum? Also, anyone know where to find the owners manual online (give me something to do while I wait)

many thanks! :shades:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's a laundry list of owner's manuals online:

Where To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online

I didn't drill down to see what's available for the LR.