Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• grn95grn95 Member Posts: 48
    Is it Brand New/No Miles?? If so, sounds fantastic to me!!

But take into account, with such a deep discount, you may not be able to attain a best friend "relationship with your salesperson"..... Are u really willing to sacrifice missing out on a B-day card from your beloved salesperson just to save almost $10k.....
  • addict07addict07 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, great forum. I am interested in getting a highly spec'd 2008 Q7. My confusion stems from the fact that when I use the "build your vehicle" configurator on the Audi USA website, I generate a MSRP of $64,600. Then I tried the same exercise on Edmunds using the TMV tool and the same content jumped to over $71,000.

It looks like a lot of the equipment listed as standard for a 4.2 premium is showing up as additional price options on Edmunds. Is this typical, and which is more "real world" with respect to what I can expect to see as a starting point from a dealer?

Thanks!
  • jsw24jsw24 Member Posts: 6
    I'd miss out on a life time supply of b-day cards for a deal like this. :blush:
  • mediaman1mediaman1 Member Posts: 5
    q7 08 3.6 premium in nj

i just picked up the q7 08 3.6 premium
    with navigation/20" wheels/audi care/panorama roof
    54,349 msrp 51,600 sell
    36 mo 12k mi lease 0 down 776mo including tax
    .00075 mf and 53% resid
  • grn95grn95 Member Posts: 48
    mediaman,

that sounds great to me! Very similar to what Audi was offering months ago but more options and more miles per year as well!
  • TuTu Member Posts: 56
    I don't need a relationship with my dealer, I need to pay as little as possible, this is the reason why I call and ask for the sales manager. I don't need to sit and haggle for hours so I can make a new friend. Relationship with the salesman? Are you freaking kidding me? Pay more money so you can send me a B-Day card? Keep it and I'll take the savings, thank you. :lemon:
  • bridgette2bridgette2 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in purchasing the Q7 3.6 with the sport package has anyone come across a really good price on this car? Can anyone suggest another avenue other than buying from a dealer to get the lowest price possible. I am talking with CarsDirect....any luck with this group?
  • midnightbluemidnightblue Member Posts: 22
    08 Q7 4.2 Premium
    MSRP $66,575
    Sales price $62,538 ($761 over invoice) + $590 for Audi care
    36 month lease @ 10K miles per year
    Money factor at Buy rate .0014
    Residual 53%
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    So... what does the payment come to?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• midnightbluemidnightblue Member Posts: 22
    08 Q7 4.2 Premium
    MSRP $66,575
    Sales price $62,538 ($761 over invoice) + $590 for Audi care
    36 month lease 10K miles per year
    Money factor at Buy rate .0014
    Residual 53%

Payment is $993.21 ($911.20 plus $82.01 PA sales/lease tax).

Startups will be first months payment, $575 acquisition fee, plus $167 registration/doc fee. Security deposit waived by AFS due to being repeat customer (last Audi I leased was back in 1998).

I think this is a good deal, but I probably could have gotten another $261 off the sales price had I tried a bit harder.
  • timeline000timeline000 Member Posts: 3
    Which NJ dealer give you this Prive. Pls let me know
    Thanks!!
  • maui19maui19 Member Posts: 31
    Just got a 2007 Q7 4.2 Premium, with Side Assist, 20" wheels, Side Airbags.

MSRP $62,325
    Got $6,000 off due to an Audi incentive (ended 9/30) and KBB wholesale value on my trade.
    My cost: $56,325.

I think I could have gotten a little more out of the deal, but wasn't prepared to go to the mattresses for a few hundred bucks. Besides, this dealership has been very good to me over the years.
  • timeline000timeline000 Member Posts: 3
    How can you get the Got $6,000 off due to an Audi incentive??
    Can I get it in Tri State Area which is NY, NJ, PA..I am ready to get the car in this month..so I want the Price to be good
    =p
    Thanks!!!!
  • maui19maui19 Member Posts: 31
    According to the dealer, the Audi incentive ended 9/30. Sorry.
  • olmaolma Member Posts: 3
    It was on September 21 & got mine a 2007 Q7 4.2L but , with 19"/ 5 spoke wheels .
    MSRP 53,898 for 45,256 ( with 16 miles on odometer ), they tried to buy my Lexus for nothing , but I sold it to Carmax for real fare price ( was crying to let it go and tears stays on my eyes ).
    If anyone interesting ....Valley Motors in Baltimore has few more with redused price !!!! Good dealership :)))
    Len Stoler / Baltimore has 4.2 L Calla White MSRP 53,842 for 45,000 and it has interteiment system with TV/DVD on it , but car has 200 miles :)))
  • rh235rh235 Member Posts: 2
    Mediaman1 .. do you which dealership you dealt with in NJ?
  • urojoeurojoe Member Posts: 4
    just bought 2007 q7 3.6 premium

infotainment (nav etc)
    tech package (side assist, rear camera etc)
    convenience pack
    adaptive air suspension
    20 inch wheel
    4 climate zone
    cricket leather
    3rd row seat

$51060...good deal?
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    That car sounds like it has a price tag close to $60k??
    If so, your price at $51k sounds good... jump on it!
  • chulsoochulsoo Member Posts: 11
    I am in the process of negotiating a deal to pick up a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium (Metallic Grey with black interiors) with the following options:
    Panaroma Sunroof
    4-zone climate control
    Convenience Package.
    The MSRP on the car is $53,875 and I worked the dealer down to $50,500. The invoice price as per Edmunds is $49,725. The dealer said that this is not the real invoice to them and showed me an invoice which was almost $1,750 more ($51,500). This is with Jim Ellis in Atlanta. Could anyone please comment if this is a good deal. I am scheduled to go do the deal the day after tomorrow. Also what is the current money factor if I were to lease it (10K/36 mo) and what would the monthly payments work out to? If I were to buy it (60 mos) what is the current APR with AFS. I have a 740 credit score.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • another_otheranother_other Member Posts: 8
    Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience with you all. I bought a pre-owned 2007 Audi Q7 in Beige color yesterday. Picked it up in a dealership in MD for 42,994 plus tax & title. It has 7000 miles on it. It has infotainment, convenience & heated packages on it. It also has the panorama sunroof. MSRP on this originally was 54,990.

I know pre-owned has its own unique pricing which you can't erally compare to others, but figured I'd share my experience and get your thoughts.

Thanks.
  • chulsoochulsoo Member Posts: 11
    I finally picked up my brand new 2008 Silver Q7 3.2 a couple of days before the end of the month (timing is key) for a price of $47,225 (MSRP of 53,875). Vehicle was as described in post above. Got this for a 10K/36mo lease with a monthly payment of $663 (which includes tax) $620 w/o tax. I think I got a great deal!
  • lucifer2lucifer2 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a 3.6 Premium.... with Tech, Conv., Cold weather, and Sunroof.... Got quote for 55,700.... Got it down to $53,500... MSRP is $57,775... Good deal?
  • pbelspbels Member Posts: 8
    Tech package
    Sunroof
    S-Line

Dealer Msrp $65,525

Will sell for $63,000

Is this a deal?

MASS DEALER
    Recently, a few posters have reported pricing below invoice. Standard "fleet" pricing on the Q7 seems to be about $1000 over invoice. I'd start at $500 back of invoice, with a cap of $500 over invoice. Between that range and you got yourself a great deal IMO.

Lot depends on how competitive your market is, though. Ask the dealer to fax you a copy of his "factory invoice" that itemizes all options and fees such as regional advertising fee and dealer prep fee. There should be roughly $4000 in front-end profit between MSRP and Invoice, if I'm not mistaken.

Good Luck!
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    Hi i have a q7 with the towing package, and the rubberized cover that pushes into the tow hitch slot fell out or got stolen or something, and we cant figure out how to get another one. i asked our dealership if they had extra ones in their parts department, and if we could buy one, and he was trying to tell me that they werent from audi, and that i could find one like it at an autozone or some place like that. but all ive found there are the massive silver oval covers with chevy and ford symbols on them. can anyone help me out on where to find just a plain, small black one?
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    I also have one more question about the tailpipes on the 3.6 q7. On the 4.2 the tailpipes are thicker and chrome, and on the 3.6 they are more raw looking and black metal. I asked someone at my dealership if i could buy the thicker, chrome tailpipes as an accessory for the q7 (they have accessory tailpipes which are flat-bottomed like on the cayenne, but i wanted a pair like on the 4.2 q7) and he told me that because the exhaust systems are different, the 4.2 muffler tips wouldnt fit on the 3.6 exhausts. But i found an ebay listing with them as an accessory and it said that it would fit the audi a6 and q7. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatchin- - g&viewitem=&item=130185888986&_trksid=p3907.m32 Just wanted to know if the info i got from the dealer was right, or if these would fit the audi q7. thanks for the advice
  • wbwynnwbwynn Member Posts: 246
    excellent deal; take it.
  • joefrank64kjoefrank64k Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my experience...I just took delivery (12/26/07) of a 2008 Q7 4.2 in Quartz Grey Metallic with the following options:

- Quartz Grey Metallic Paint
    - Adaptive Air Suspension
    - Panorama Sunroof
    - Technology Package
    - Towing Package
    - 19" Wheels (no cost option)

MSRP of 66,875...got it for $59,988 + tax, lic...they also included Audi Care (retail $590) and the Audi Towing Hitch Ball Mount Set (for the towing package, retail $211.87). Financed at 4.99%.

$2,260 below invoice...not a bad deal. I think it REALLY helped that I was buying at the end of the month AND the end of the year. Also, they are a new Audi dealership (located in Southern California) so that may have helped.

Of course, having 4 Audi dealers within 20 miles of one another makes it easy to play one off of the other!!!

And for any of you on the fence about the Q7 vs. others...my 2 cents is GO FOR IT!!! I love this car...easily the best SUV I've ever owned.
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    That sounds like a great deal. The invoice price is $53,741. I am looking for the same car, where are you located and what dealer are you using?

Thanks.
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    I'm back on the market but this time for Audi Q7 3.6
    Lease on my XC90 is up in less than few month and I decided to go with Audi Q7 3.6
    I have started shopping and doing my homework which includes reading on this amazingly helpful forum and calling few dealers, but so far I'm not getting any attractive offers.

Cars I'm looking at 2008 3.6 standard with Comfort & Panoramic roof (Which I don’t care about, I've been told that it's going to be hard to fined one without it since this is common configuration for Base + Comfort Q7) MSRP 48.025, INVOICE 45.151
    I have been offered $800 over invoice price by 2 dealers, they told me that they might be able to do better.
    I have also seen recent post when 2008 3.6 Premium Q7 was purchased @ $2500 under invoice.
    Are the deals on Premium differ or in other words can I get better deal/discount on Premium vs. Standard?

Anyone with recent prices or deals on 2008 3.6 Q7?
    Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
    I just bought a 2008 Q7 3.6 S Line with tech, roof, comfort, AudiCare & convenience for $3900 off MSRP; they were also very aggressive on my trade ...giving me retail. List was $61400.
    Huh?? They gave you "retail" on your trade??? If they gave you full wholesale, I'd be surprised. What exactly did you trade in?
    2007 A6 Avant; they were $10,000 higher than other Audi dealers. The A6 was very clean; almost new with 13500 miles.
    Congrats! You did awesome with that!!
    Looks like you got excellent deal!
    Can you post what is the dealership name if this is on the East Coast?
    How much was it below Invoice?
    Flow Audi in Winston-Salem, NC
  • lucifer2lucifer2 Member Posts: 2
    Located in NY, but using New Country Audi in Greenwich, CT...
  • nami3nami3 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am planning to purchase Audi 3.6 FSI quattro 2008.
    Did anyone purchase in the New England, New jersey or NY city. I am looking for the best dealer.

Thanks in advance.
    Nami
  • aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 1
    hi, congrats on your smart buy. I have just sold my Q7 3.6 S-Line bought last year at Prestige Imports in Miami and looking now again for a 2008 fully loaded. If you know a dealer on the East Coast that has such a car available and are fllexible on pricing, please let me know. The car will be shipped to Europe..Prestige Imports does a lousy job coming back to me with any offer on these specs. I am buying a car each year, cash, no trade ins, etc. Thanks
  • awedioawedio Member Posts: 57
    What dealership in So. Cal did you use?
  • sleaosleao Member Posts: 1
    2008 Q7 3.6 premuim

MSRP = $56,520
    Invoice = $52,631?

18k miles a year, 42 month $1995 down. $860 a month. They said the extra 3k miles is equal to $50 dollars a month otherwise it would be $810 a month. Plus they are paying off my old lease of $1500 in the cost above.

Thanks.
    Still waiting to get a deal on Q7 3.6
    Looks like there are no incentives so far!!!

BMW X5 has $2500 chas back on stock vehicles.
    I wonder when Q7 will do similar promotion or hopefully better
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    The $2500 on the X5 is gone with the new month.... They've replaced it with slightly lower money factors..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I was just offered $500 below invoice on Base Q7 3.2 With comfort and Panorama roof - car is in stock.
    East Coast Dealer (NJ).
    have anoyone seen better deals than $500 below invoice lately?
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    including audicare ?
    or would audicare be additional ?
    Not including audi care - but this would not make a difference.
    500 below Invoice price on lease in my case makes $615 a month including NYC tax.
    0 down - Title, Registration, MV, Acquisition and first payment upfront.
    2008 3.6 Base Comfort package and panorama roof.

MSRP 48,025
    INVOICE 44,955 (cars direct)

MF .0033 Residual 52%
    looks like a great deal, which dealership ?
  • skolinskolin Member Posts: 3
    The information here has been of great help. However I wanted to shoot this across the bow of everybody here to see if something wrong big or small on this deal.

Q7 Non-Premium with Comfort and Pan.Sunroof for Lease

$605/- per month, 3000 inception (including first month lease + 1300 cap cost )and including any and all charges and taxes, with residual of $25,543 after 36month/10K

Thanks for all replies
    appears to be an okay deal.

in order to get a 605 payment on a 3.6 non-premium for 36/10k
    I assumed the following :
    msrp - 48025
    cap cost - 45600
    added cost - 590 for audicare to get 52% residual
    cap cost reduction - 1300
    residual - 52%
    money factor - .00033
    term - 36 months
    which gets you a 605 payment including 5% sales tax,
    and assuming sales tax was not part of the inception fees.

so the msrp is 48025, your price is 45600, and the invoice price is 44720,
    so you are essentially paying close to $900 over invoice which is okay,
    the closer you come to invoice price or below, the better the deal.

of course my numbers are assumptions based on your input.

try to find out exactly what your numbers are
    msrp, cap cost, audicare yes or no, residual %, money factor, term, etc
    It's Riverside Audi