Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited January 2014 in Audi
Please use the following discussion to post your experiences when shopping for an Audi A7, including how much you paid if you'd like. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• feliksnyfeliksny Member Posts: 11
    Just got a lease for the following:

0 down
    Taxes in the lease payment
    36 months
    12K per year
    Audi Care
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Cold Weather package
    Quartz Gray Metallic Paint

$910 a month, which I had to negotiate for a lot...but a price before that was $925 easy.

Let me know if this was a good deal please.

MSRP was 62,375, don't know about any other factors, don't care, all I care is monthly fee that I will pay.
  • bwedotnetbwedotnet Member Posts: 48
    Paid $54070 (MSRP). I did not expect a discount as this was one of the very first off the boat and was ordered to our specification many months ago.

I am pleased with the deal since some others are paying $3K - $5K over MSRP for fully loaded versions ($65K+).

It is an awesome vehicle.
  • audiguy2audiguy2 Member Posts: 9
    MSRP was $63820, dealer knocked $1000 off. Pretty happy with the deal. Now I just have to sit here and wait until it arrives. :(
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    How good of a deal do you think i could get on a 3.6 premium. checked the invioce, it is just less than 49,000. msrp is about 53,500. was hoping to pay no more than 51,000. the q7's at my dealership are not moving, so, i am hoping they will make a deal. were they very reluctant to knock off 1,000?
    I think audiguy had a long relationship with his dealer (based on his other posts). He was also getting one of the higher priced Q7's.

The 3.6's will not be arriving for a couple of months. I would recommend calling your dealer and seeing what their incoming inventory looks like and how many of those are unspoken for. This should give you a good idea of possible discounts.

Someone on the Q7 Lease forum stated they have inked a deal for a loaded 3.6 ($55K) and got $1300 off MSRP.

Please keep us updated.
  • audifan3audifan3 Member Posts: 25
    Sticker price for my Q7 was $56,370 and that is what I paid. Panoramic roof: $1850, 4-Zone climate: $950, Cold weather package: $850, 19" wheels: $800, Sirius Satellite: $550, Pearl Lava metallic paint: $750.

Just as a bit of futher information, my Q7 has been in the shop for repairs as the MMI blew out for the last 10 days and the service dept quickly organized a 'loaner Q7' brand new with 100 miles on the clock. That vehicle sticker price is $55,620 but the paperwork in the glove compartment is the lease documentation for the car which shows a purchase price from Audi of America of $42,339.

I don't think that I'm supposed to have seen that information, somehow...
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    i think audi made the dealers buy the first round in order to encourage test drives. that $42k would be below invoice/even with dealer holdback. audi probably discounted it even more. usually the dealer demos new cars and sell them slightly discounted over new, but audi wanted lots+lots of test drives. not withstanding premium car dealer can gross up to 5-10K on a 60K+ car, especially when they sell @ msrp.
  • newq7newq7 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Folks:

I'm in the process of negotiating to buy a pair of Audi Q7 Premium's loaded to the gills. I've talked to several dealers. One just offered to sell the cars for $500 over "invoice" each.

When it came time to begin writing up the contracts, 2 new charges miraculously appeared. One is called “NY Upstate Dealer Advertising Group” for $300, and the other is called “Preparation and Inspection” at $195.

I’ve searched here and Consumer Reports and can not find either of these charges listed. The dealer is insisting that these are both charges that the dealership pays and that they are billed by the manufacturer. He even gave me a copy of another Q7’s invoice that does in fact show both charges. That invoice carries a notice on the bottom that reads “Prices illustrated above are subject to change prior to drafting and final shipment”.

I had arrived at a price by simply adding up the wholesale price of the car and each option selected and then adding the “Destination Charge”. I thought that by simply adding another $500 I’d have the price of the car. These "extra charges" adds another $495 to the deal.

Re these charges for real – or is it a scam?

Does the manufacturer rebate this to the dealers to allow them more profit – beyond invoice – in a manner like holdback?

By the way, I’m told that Audi does not do “holdback”. Edmund’s site shows none. There appear to be no promotions available for Q7’s yet. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks!
    Hi:

OK, the deal is done and I'll share details. I understand that it's not proper to post dealer names here - but I'll give you enough that you can figure it out if you really care to. The dealer is telling me that he's not happy with the deal "I'm not making any money on this..." and he does not want others trying to get the same deal. That said... give it a shot.

I can tell you that I've been very disappointed by the sales experience thus far. Unprofessional and shabby would be the way to describe these folks. I've purchased quite a few high end cars before (numerous brands) and when you are buying a pair of $66,000 MSRP cars - you expect that the salespeople will be somewhat more polished than your garden variety used car polyester suit types. Follow up has been poor. Did not know answers to many questions asked. I hope the service dept. is better.

The deal is $750 over what Edmunds and Consumer Reports show as "invoice" + a $45 fee for getting the car registered.

Deal done at a dealership in N*w Y*rk at a dealership in the Alb*ny area. This one is in the location that starts with the letter "L".

I can tell you that I had a bid from a Vermont Dealer (K*inney) and a salesperson named Johann. He was extremely professional - a true pleasure to work with. Price came in a little bit higher (not too much) and they are a bit farther away. Otherwise I would have loved to have bought from that fellow. If you are in his neighborhood track him down. I think you will be impressed and treated well.

So bottom line is $800 over “invoice” for out the door. The online services do not show the $300 Advertising fee the dealer insists is above invoice. I’ve been told (here on the forum) that this is legitimate. I’m told there is no holdback on this Audi. So the dealers real mark-up is $500 – this seems fair to me.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
    Check out the message in red..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Host-

OK. I guess it just my preference not to say any names at this time. Perhaps later.

Thanks.
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    Could you tell us which state/city you're located? If they're not moving in your area I'd like to check out how much they'd be willing to discount to move them. Here in Phoenix they tell me they're in demand therefore no reason for Audi to provide aggresive lease deals. That was their response to my statement that BMW (5-series) and Volvo (XC90) both have very good MF's right now. My dealer told me the MF was ~ 0.0034 and to get into a 3.6 Q7 with Nav would require the Premium which is $10k over the base. An extra $10k just because I want Nav???
    Hi fluid15:

0.0034 seems really high. My MF was less than half that. Check the Q7 lease forum for current MF and Residual numbers.

It sounds as though your dealer is taking advantage of you. Maybe they are hoping to make a quick buck on the first 3.6's coming in. I got one of the first 4.2 Q7's and was very happy with the deal ($54K) I got from Audi Mission Viejo in CA.
  • brian500brian500 Member Posts: 10
    Is anyone getting close to invoice?
    I am looking at a 4.2 with premium... mf is .0125 for a 36mo lease and I said I wouln't pay msrp.. which is 58k... we are still negotiating price.
    Any thoughts?
    Also.. is having the dynamic suspension easier or harder to sell? it is more expensive, but I am wondering if that makes it harder to sell..so they can deal on them. The one we are looking at for 58k doesn not have it.
    Thanks
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    4.2 Premiums w/ the back up camera are the hardest models to find right now, and a lot of folks are paying near MSRP for those models.
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    BTW, I pick up my 3.6 Premium tomorrow. Technology, infotainment, and convenience packages, 7 passenger, 4-zone climate. Basically fully loaded except for sunroof (which I really don't need). Condor gray with limestone gray interior.

MSRP $54,660
    Selling price $53,346
    36 month lease, 10K miles
    61% residual, .00155 MF
    Bank fee and 8.625% sales tax rolled into payment
    Monthly payment $777.34
    Security deposit waived (current VW Credit customer--Passat for wife)
    Due at delivery: first payment plus DMV fees.

I believe it's a great deal. Any comments?
    rbirns1,
    Your residual is higher, and MF much lower than what I've been quoted - would you mind providing the Dealer? I have no problem searching outside my state for a vehicle. I've been offered 69/59% (24/36 months w/12k mpy) and 0.0024.

Thanks in advance.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    His residual is higher because he is doing 10,000 miles a year not 12,000 miles a year like you.
    That's correct. 10K has a higher residual. Not sure the reason for the difference in MF. I locked in my deal back in early July. At that time, dealer told me that if offers improved at delivery I would get the better rates, but if rates get worse, my deal stands (I cant lose). Anyway, he told me this week that the current numbers are the same as they were back in July.

Dealer is Audi of Huntington (NY). Delivery was perfect. No surprises. Dealer even picked me up at my house and drove me to the dealership so I could leave my other car home. I even got him to split the cost of the scheduled maintenance package (no longer included for free by Audi).
    2% residual difference due to mileage - ah, I should have caught that. Thanks guys, for the explanations. My wife & I both liked the way it drove but need to decide whether to shop for the best deal on the Q7 or wait another month or two for the new X5 to be released. I'm sure pricing on those will be close to sticker.
    "shop for the best deal on the Q7 or wait another month or two for the new X5 to be released"

Right there is your bargaining chip. Negotiate with Audi, and tell them you need a better deal or you will just wait for the X5 (you can also use the upcoming Acura MDX as leverage). If they want to move a car today, they'll work with you. Residuals and money factors are not negotiable, but selling price is. If they want you to buy now, they can sweeten the deal by lowering the selling price. I got $1300 off sticker without really trying. Each additional $100 off means about $3 less per month on your lease payment, so it pays to negotiate.

I have to believe the new X5 will take a little while before the deals get attractive. After 2 days with my 3.6, I can tell you the Q7 is one sweet ride!
  • flevyflevy Member Posts: 18
    Is the Nav system standard in the premium package or is it an additional option? I asked my dealer and have gotten a very evasive answer and it is not clear from the website or even Edmunds. The delear quoted me $924/mth (with 0 down) for a 3.6 premium with Nav and 3rd row of seats for a 36 month lease. When I tried to pin him down on how they computed the selling price, all he would say is that Nav is very expensive.

Thanks.
    Yes, it's optional. I don't know why they're being evasive, when I considered the Q7 last month the salesman gave me the whole pricing list for each Q7 version (3.6, 4.2, Premium).

Don't do business with someone like that, go to another salesman or different Dealer. The salesman I worked with was willing to discuss the deal as I requested - cost over invoice.

BTW - we ended up Leasing a Volvo XC90. My wife is happy with it therefore so am I.
  • evanstoevansto Member Posts: 12
    Nav is an option on all Q7's part of tech package. $924 per month is robbery, I was quoted $690 per month for same equipment plus convenience and towing. No cap reduction, just first month's payment, tax, etc and 15K Miles per year. 36 months.
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    I was quoted $2K (3.6) to $4K (4.2) off MSRP in N. Cal. What kind of deal you guys are getting now?
  • flevyflevy Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info. I had done some research before speaking to the local Audi dealer, reviewing info from this forum, pricing info from various sources and approached it conservatively. I thought the lease number for what I wanted would have been in the $675 range, but was blown away when their number was almost 40% higher. It was so far away that they could not respond except to say that it was a mistake, which they were not willing to do. I will wait for the new X5 and see what happens with the MDX and then decide. Fortunately, I have a $460 lease for a '03 MDX which I can extend on a month to month almost indefinitely.
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    Hey TomCube,

Where specifically in No. Cal? I have never seen up close and personal but am intrigued with the vehicle along with the 07 X5 and 07 MDX.
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    I tired to answer your question 3 times but my posts were deleted by the host because I am not supposed to name the sales I talked to or the dealer... the dealer I talked to is very close to Valley Fair. I hope you know which one I am talking about.
  • guyfrguyfr Member Posts: 55
    Anybody bought the base 3.6? I'm interested in that model with the comfort package. My local dealer does not have this in stock so I cannot see it in the flesh and there are no pictures whatsoever on the web or in the brochure. I'm interseted in pictures/opinions on:
    - Monochrome MMI screen.
    - Black treatment around windows and on rack.
    - Does the base 3.6 has a trip computer?

I road tested a 3.6 Premium and it was great, much better than the Touareg 3.6 I just tested. The Q7 is much tighter, better acceleration (odd, it's the same engine...) and much more room in the back.

Thanks
    I have seen the 3.6. In my opinion it is very different looking than the premium trim level. It has black around the windows and headlamp clusters, rather than the silver reflective material in the others. The MMI screen looks squashed, much more rectangular than the advanced version. I do not know if it has a trip computer or not, i have only seen one parked in a lot and looked through the window.
  • guyfrguyfr Member Posts: 55
    Thanks, I did found a few pictures on the Audi german site (much more complete than US or Canadian sites). The MMI screen is indeed smaller on the base model. The black trim would look OK on a dark car. In Germany, no additional cost to get the chrome trim...
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    Guys what do you think about this numbers?
    MSRP: $40,620
    Invoice: $38,327
    Selling price: $38,927

24 month
    10k - 69%
    $503.68

12k - 68%
    $520.31

36 month
    10k - 59%
    $462.13

12k - 58%
    $473.11

From dealer:
    The invoice you got from edmunds is accurate, but leaves out several fees a dealer is charged before getting the car in stock. First and most obvious is the $720 destination fee. $195 "port prep/delivery" fee. $175 Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) fee. Lastly a $300 "Ad" fee charged onevery car which pays for Audi to run TV and print ad's in the area

Can you please advise me if this deal is ok. Also I never heared of port prep/delivery" fee, Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) fee and ad fee? Their invoice price include these numbers
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    The dealer is wrong about one thing... Edmunds invoice includes the destination fee.. you can see it right here:

2007 Audi Q7

Of course, that doesn't mean that is the number you copied down.. you may have grabbed the number without destination from a previous page.

But, anyway... Looks like the dealer wants to pop you with $670 in extra fees and a $600 profit? He is probably telling the truth about the ad fee.. that is on a lot of cars and varies regionally.. The port prep and PDI fees? I have no idea if they are on the invoice or not.

That stated, this is the base model with the least spread between MSRP and invoice.. Even if he has no other costs above Edmunds invoice, his gross profit is only $1270 on a $40K car..

Unless there are incentives, or the Q7 is just not moving, I'd say that is a fair deal. But, I haven't been following that market, so caveat emptor.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks man.
    Hmmm...I didn't see anywhere where it says that Edmunds invoice includes the destination fee
    see this link: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/audi/q7/100743967/prices.html

Also how did you come up with his gross profit of $1270 on a $40K car..?

he gave me better deal. it's $38327. I'think I'll pull the triggir..

When I tried to lower the price to $3800 he said that your "National base price" is only the top number in
    a list of fees that no dealer profits on....I hate when they say that. I think there is no holdback on Aidi, so I couldn't mention that.. :(
  • audifan3audifan3 Member Posts: 25
    You should not be charged a PDI feel. Audi requires it for every new car sold and Audi of America pays the dealership for a perfectly completed PDI. Why should you pay it too?
    Good point regarding PDI. I Asked this question my dealer. I'm waiting for the replay
    They willing to absorb the PDI fee on this vehicle if I will accept delivery by the end of this month.

Thanks a Lot Audi_man. You save me some $$ My base 3.6 total now $38,152. Incl $720 destination fee. I think it is a good price

Now I can start adding some extra packages....
    Port fee
    PDI fee
    Advertising fee
    $600 markup over invoice.
    = $1270..

Just assuming those fees are bogus..

Like I said, I don't follow the market, but that at least seems reasonable..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I agree.. Thanks for explaining
    It would be great to find out what is $195 Non-Negotiable Port Charge is.. Does anyone know about this ? Thanks in advance.
    There is a $195 Port Charge? I thought the 195 dollar fee was for the advertising charge? Is this charge for every vehicle...
  • bigdveedubgirlbigdveedubgirl Member Posts: 402
    I work at a Audi store in Texas. The port prep fee is on all invoices. When the cars arrive at the port they are inspected yet again before they go to the dealer. It is not a regional charge such as advertising nor is it a bogus fee. Good luck and enjoy your Audi Q7!
    Thanks so mach guys. It helps a lot
    These are my final numbers:
    $36,937 Base 3.6
    $1,820 Comfort
    $1,684 Sunroof
    $720 Dest. Fee
    $195 Non-Negotiable Port Charge
    $300 Non-Negotiable Regional Ad fee

$600 Gross profit??

Total $42,256

What do you think guys?
    I'll try to remove those $195
    I think 600 dollars in profit is more then acceptable on a over 40,000 dollar vehicle.

I know I couldn't run my dealership that way...
    Yeah..but he just cares about this one deal.. ;)

You can make your money on the next guy.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah I already did today...
  • sam818sam818 Member Posts: 127
    Only $600 profit...???
    That is crazy... how can the dealership stay in business?
    That is Gross Profit on this one vehicle.....after all the other expenses, it looks like the car is being sold at a loss.
    Sam818 what do you think about other expenses?
    Also I believe the national base invoice price is always higher than the amount the dealer actually ends up paying to the manufacturer
  • sam818sam818 Member Posts: 127
    I am not sure that you should look at the breakdown of the individual expenses.
    Simply look at the total price you are paying, and decide if it is reasonable for your circumstances.
    One doesn't look at the cost of the individual components of the car, nuts. bolts, washers, so I think these individual items added post manufacturing, freight, advertising etc. are simply line items to bolster the bottom line of the dealer, and in my opinion, that is OK...as long as you compare it with like deals for other cars.
    You should not concern yourself with the dealers profit...just the cost of the car to you. The buyer is not in a position to decide what is, or is not a reasonable profit for the dealer
    you sound like my dealer ;)
    How long is it taking for other peoples Q7's to come in...? It has already taken 2 more weeks than expected and the car has not even arrived in the port yet...I have been told that the 6-seat option is what is delaying the car? Can anyone confirm this?