Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    have your salesman contact me
    if he is interested in making another sale.
    email can be found under my profile name.
    thanks
  • ltooz_audisltooz_audis Member Posts: 11
    Internet lease:
    08 Q7 3.6 premium + panorama roof : Sticker price 51xxx
    Total drive off $4500 included 8.75% tax area.
    36 x 535 (including 8.75% tax) with Audi care included 10.5k/year
    residual 26xxx

I have not received the exact number to the hundreds, but that's the bottom line on the drive off & the payment.

Thanks,
    Dealer gets 1500 incentives + customer gets 1000 rebate + money factor @ .00006
    08 Q7 premium + pano roof + convenience + 4Zone
    Sticker 53875.00
    Capcost 49399
    Bank fee 575
    Audi Care 650
    4500 cash
    500+tax x 35
    53% residual 28554.
    In CA
    Picked up the car last Friday.
  • go4itmiago4itmia Member Posts: 3
    Hello all-
    Looking for some help with a deal on a new Q7 I have been offered in Miami, FL. Looks good and the dealer seems pretty firm on the offer, but I thought I would ask for advice. Thanks for any and all feedback.

2008 Q7 3.6 Premium
    MSRP of $59,425.
    Mugello Blue over Black Leather
    Panorama Sunroof
    Conv Pack
    S-Line Pack with 21" Rims
    Navigation
    4 Zone Climate

Lease is 36 months with 12k miles per year.
    Money Factor is .00031
    Net Selling Price (Cap Cost including rebate) is $56,502 (only if you lease)
    Residual is $30,306.75

Total Due at Signing is $3,137.72
    Rebate $1000 (From Audi for Leasing)
    Net Due from Customer at Signing $2,137.72 (Includes 1st month, Dade taxes, tag, title)
    Monthly Payment is $754.56 + tax
    If the numbers you said is correct, I think the payment is $54 high. I don't know about the tax, tag, tittle cost in FL, but just a few calculations for lease, you can see it.

56502 -2000 = 54502
    (54502-30306)/36 = 672
    (54502+30306)*.00031 = 26.29

672+26.29 = 698.29 + tax

The rate should be .00006 which lease charge can be $5 or $6 a month.

Check the invoice on edmunds, offer 1000 below invoice, ask for buy rate and the dealer will make $1500 with the rebate and you get a nice deal since they have 1500 lease incentive + 1000 rebate.

Good luck,
  • go4itmiago4itmia Member Posts: 3
    Itooz audis-

Not sure where you are getting the -$2000 from. The out of pocket cost is inceptions only.

Either way I get the point I need them to drop the payment by $54 a month however, they do it. I have found telling them how to do (i.e. asking for the buy rate) makes them very defensive :P . Edmunds shows an invoice amount of $55320. So, if I plug that number in with the buy rate I am right at the $699+ tax number you are suggesting.

Thanks! ;)
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    I've been told that audi extended their incentive of $1500 on Q7 to the east coast.
    (It was available on the West for a while now)
    Can anyone confirm?
    The 2000 is the cap reduction from the money you put down. It's just an estimate. The total drive off = cap reduction + tax(cap reduction) + 1st month + registration ~ 2000 + 175 (tax@8.75%) + 760 + 400 ~ 3335

Always ask to know what is the registration is for your car?

To me +/- $100 or $5/month is OK, off a lot, you need to question. The dealer should make about 1200-1500 depends on the car. If you choose the color and the options that they have many on their lot, they may let it go for 1000 profit or less.

Edmunds invoice is pure invoice, dealer invoice is about 400-500 higher due to PDI, advertisement, interests, etc.

Good luck,

PS: find out what you want with the car also, like all weather floormats, rear mud guards, roof rack, you can get 20% off list price from the salesperson. I got my all weather mats front/rear/cargo for $100.
    invoice 55320 if the dealer still have 1500 incentive + 1000 rebate
    if he sells to you for -1000 below invoice
    Capcost = 54320
    bank fee = 575
    audicare = 650 this one will bump your residual 1%

Total capcost = 55545
    cap reduction = 2000
    adjusted = 53545

Depreciation 53545 - 30,306.75 = 23238.25 / 36 = 645.50 / month
    Interests (53545 + 30306.75)*.00006 (buy rate) = 5.03 / month

Total monthly payment = 650.53 + tax

Total drive off = 2000 + tax + (650.53+tax) + registration ~ $3100

Now, if he gives you the rebate 1000 then you only need 2100 then he only makes 500 from pure invoice which he may not do. If he keeps the 1000 rebate then he makes 1500 from pure invoice which he may do. You negotiate with this. If he keeps the rebate, you have to pay 3100.

Try many dealerships and try to get a manager to work out deal with you, because if you go with a salesperson, the manager has to keep some money for the finance manager then you wouldn't get the buy rate.

I think it's fair that the dealer should make 1000-1500 profit and give you great service. You want win-win and NOT hostile situation since it's very easy to get too while negotiating.

Cheers and good luck,
  • audiericaudieric Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Audi finance still allows the dealers to lower the residual value of the vehicle to 5%? I am trying to buy the Q7 and take advantage of the very low money factor. Thanks for any input.
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    why not just take the residual value, 50%.
    divide that by 36, and pay that into an interest paying account on a monthly basis. then at the end of your lease make the balloon payment.

if you pay more to AFS every month and the car gets totaled, you may loose some of the $$$ that you paid to AFS.
  • 2goose2goose Member Posts: 5
    2008 Q7 3.6 Prem.

Towing Package
    Panorama Sunroof
    Cold Weather Package
    DVD Navigation
    Convenience Package
    20" Wheels w/ all-season tires

Invoice: $ 53,892 MSRP: $57,375. MF: .00006
    Selling Price: $53,500--Including Audicare
    At Delivery: $1,000. Monthly Payment: $700.43 plus sales tax= $742.46
    36 months/15K per year.

I'm thinking this is pretty good--Any opinions/comments.

Thanks,
    2 Goose
  • fmansamfmansam Member Posts: 5
    State CO

I have been offered 3.6 Prem White

MSRP 57525, rebate 2500, cash down 2500, MF 0.0008, residual 54% monthly payment of 757.98 (7% Tax), 36 mth 12K. I turned this one down. They came back with this,

Selling 56500, 2500 rebate, 2500 down, MF 0.0008, 12K, mthly payment of 713.79 plus 7% tax, I still turned this down. Checked on line and my figures did not come close to theirs. If they are giving me 2500 rebate and me putting down 2500, I see that as 5K off selling price and lease cost should be 51500, MF.0008 and resdi 54%.... does that sound true, this gives me mthly payment of 617.99 plus tax.

The car was ordered from NY, deal fail through and I that is why they would give me 2500 rebate, but I am / was am existing Audi customer, they say no security which is fine, but I get incentive bonus of 1500, but do not see that... so some of this seems not all that.....thoughts?
  • luvaudi19luvaudi19 Member Posts: 34
    something doesn't sound right in the lease factor/residual. Money factor (buy-rate) should be .00006 (yep, four zeros) and the residual should be 51% or 52% depending on if Audi care is purchased or not.
  • fmansamfmansam Member Posts: 5
    Yeh I agree, I managed to straight them out, so I have got 653 plus tax, 0 down just acq, 1st mth audi care included.

So we have

MSRP $57525, Cap $55329 - 2500 cash rebate from dealer so new Cap $53218
    Res 52% ($29913), MF 0.00006, so mthly 653 plus 7.6% tax.

Sounds good!!!!
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    What dealer?
  • pnorton1pnorton1 Member Posts: 3
    I've been talking to a couple of Audi dealerships in L.A. area about the Q7 3.6 Premium. I noticed that the invoice prices they show me is about $1,000 more than what is posted on Edumunds and Consumer Reports. Are they telling the truth and the invoice prices on these sites are incorrect? Trying to make the transaction before their sales event is over on Tuesay. Thanks for your help.
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    It's not uncommon for their invoice to include regional advertising costs (what all LA-area Audi dealers pay for combined AUdi advertising in your area). This shouldn't be more than a few hundreds, at most. They may also be including floorplan charges (the interest they pay Audi or their bank for having the car on the lot). I'd be very upfront and ask them, why there is a difference. And ask for specifics.
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    anyone have ideas on what Audi will offer on July purchases/leases for the Q7? thanks.
  • cofla99cofla99 Member Posts: 9
    apparently they arte extending summer event deals until jul 7.
  • pilot18pilot18 Member Posts: 1
    it seems reasonable in China people have to pay about $140,000 for only one
  • grn95grn95 Member Posts: 48
    Is there any advantage to purchasing Q7 before lease is up. Spoke with Audi Financial and they state the agreed upon purchase price of the Q7 at end of term lease is non-negotiable. They also said that the dealer may change the price somewhat if they bought the vehicle and then sold it back to us at a lower price.
  • trabd123trabd123 Member Posts: 55
    Hi,
    I'm going through the same thing with my A6 2006 car. Obviously, the dealer will buy the car from Audi and then add a 2 years warranty agreement and then sell it back to me. Probably, I will end up paying the same or a close price to the car's residual.

I'm thinking of just negotiating a purchase price for a new Q7 and stop leasing as per Suze Orman's advice.
  • dallasjusticedallasjustice Member Posts: 3
    I recently bought a Q7, 3.2 premium, with Prestige Package and Winter Package for a little more than $52k and 4.9% financing as well. They gave me just $500 under what Carmax did on my Acura trade; which i still come out ahead with the tax savings. There is an incentive of $2,000 of Audi Money for current owners of competing brands (like mercedes, acura, lexus, BMW etc.) to buy the 3.2 and $4,000 to buy the 4.2 Q7. I bought from Dewayne at DFW Audi. Best car deal ever, easy people to work with.
  • grn95grn95 Member Posts: 48
    Still totally undecided, are they adding an extension to your base warranty of 2 years? If so that sounds enticing. I havent called the dealer yet to see what they can do. Currently thinking to wait the lease out and see if we actually still want the vehicle. At this stage in the game, plan on keeping it, it has been a great vehicle!

Not sure what to say about Suze O, listened to a show one time where an older retired guy with alot of money called in about buying a new Corvette. She advised him not to buy it... He had the money and he isnt getting any younger, so why she said dont buy it was funny to me. ( totally off the subject I know....)

dallasjustice-sounds like a nice deal!

dallasjustice, that sounds like a great deal.
  • gsjivgsjiv Member Posts: 18
    in atlanta, offered $43,000 before $3k rebate and first 2 months...car is brand new premium w 3rd row, homelink, bluetooth, heated seats

is this a decent deal? any other offers i am missing?

what is a reasonable lower price expectation?

any good financing recommendations? rates seem high and i have great credit

thanks in advance
    WOW!!! what a sweet deal you have down there.

I was offered a brand new Q7 with only convenience package, sun roof and ipod/USB connection for 46k before 3k rebate and first 2 month payments. I live in Long Island, NY.

You are getting the car for at least 6k less than its MSRP (~50k).

To get the first 2 months payments, you will need to finance the car with Audi and their interest rate is 4.9% for 60 months.
  • gsjivgsjiv Member Posts: 18
    txs trabd123 - the msrp is 47/48 - no sunroof but similar package so bottom line pre tax price is right around 40k

when they were running #s, they used 6.9% as rate not 4.9% but that was for 48 or 36 months - was that 4.9% only for 60 months?

so i assume you think i should be all over this?
    You're welcome.

If the MSRP is around 47/48k, then you have the premium package for $46,900 and destination charges of $825. The selling price should be around 45k (3k below MSRP and $100+ below invoice) and with 3k loyalty incentive, the price should be around 43k.

Keep in mind that the dealer has to add the taxes to the total price first before taking off the 3k incentive.

Please review the numbers again with your dealer since my dealer offered me similar numbers but when I tried to do the math, he was exposed.

for the finance part, it's 2.9% for 36m, 3.9% for 48m and 4.9% for 60 months. Audi will pay the first two payments only if you finance through them.

HTH
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    $48,287.00 Good deal or no? Currently drive Acura TL, they applied $3000

Offered the 4.9 60mo with first two payments paid.
  • yirekyirek Member Posts: 1
    Where are you located? That seems like a good deal based on the pricing here in Texas... but I don't know. All the dealers here are priced in the mid-50s.
    Just closed a deal on a 2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium. Car was sold as new, check bounced (sounds more like a repo to me), back on the lot to sell as used. I ordered an independent inspection and the car was pristine.

1555 mi
    Nav/Backup cam/Park Assist
    HID Lights
    Ipod adapter
    Panoramic Roof
    Adaptive Suspension
    Red/Blk Cricket interior

List 46,900 Got it for 44250, they tried sticking a dealer processing fee of $689 and I threatened to walk away. Ended up compensting for the dealer fee in the price, so technically sold for 43500. I feel like I got a pretty good deal on a
    $70,000 car. Gives you an idea of how bad dealers are hurting out there. If you dont find what you want, wait it out!
    This was at Bell Audi in Edison, NJ.
  • honda2009honda2009 Member Posts: 30
    Which dealership down here was that? Have my A4 coming off lease now, looking at a 7 seater. Might as well try to see if they are still being aggressive in their offers to what you were given in May.
  • n4roninn4ronin Member Posts: 14
    has anyone used overstock com pricing as a negotiating start point?
  • mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    Guys, need help here.
    We're contemplating on getting a new car. So far, the contenders are Acura MDX (waiting for the 2010 model since it may come with the bun cooler :P ), Audi Q7 TDI (not sure if there are any changes with the 2010 model since the dealers didn't have the 2010 model yet). While at the dealership, we peeped at the new Q5... what a sweet car. But we need the third row seating, so it's out of question for us.

Anybody purchased the TDI yet? If so, what's the lowest price that you got? Any incentives? We prefer the one without panoramic roof. We're also thinking of test driving BMW X5 Diesel (it seems to have better value with free maintenance). If you purchased a TDI recently, what currents problems that you've encountered thus far (i.e: would you keep the car for a long time, recommend to a friend or trade in at the next available opportunity)? Anybody aware of the resale value of TDI?

We're located in NJ. The dealership that we went to was Jack Daniel in Fair Lawn. The same dealership in Upper Saddle River is full of a bunch of snobs who told us that we should schedule/call for a test drive first. We did, to find out if the Q7 TDI was available for test drive. After waiting for 20 minutes at the dealership, the snobs told us that the car was out driven by their managers. :mad: Well, they just lost a customer.
  • gnedgegnedge Member Posts: 3
    Went to the stealer tonight, was told that for the vehicle I wanted, I could expect a three to four month wait for vehicle delivery (!) Demand is high on the 2010 TDI. The local stealer only had a 3.6 in stock,

The company I work for is a supplier to Audi, and I qualify for the Audi Supplier Discount program which gives a 6% discount off MSRP. This equates to a price $3,880 less than MSRP.

http://audisupplier.com. If you work for a big company and you have a discount program with other vendors, chances are pretty good you may have it with Audi as well. Really made it easy to not have to haggle :)

2010 Q7 TDI, Prestige, S-Line, Towing Package, Warm Weather Package & Wheel Lock Kit

Price minus discounts:

MSRP: $64,680
    Destination: $825
    Audi Supplier Discount: ($3,880)
    Taxes: $1,848
    Tags: $55
    Port and Adv Fee: $459

Grand Total: $63,987
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Is there a list of companies eligible for the supplier discount?
  • gnedgegnedge Member Posts: 3
    No, not that I'm aware of.
  • wesoweso Member Posts: 13
    Any Audi dealer has this info, just ask and they can check. Does anyone know what the loyalty incentive is for a 2010 TDI?
  • hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    I just purchased a 2009 Premium Quatro with sunroof for $40,500. Seems like a great price considering the list is $49,560. Any thoughts?
  • suvquest22suvquest22 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2010 Q7 TDI black on black with Premium Plus, Tow Package, Cold Weather & Wheel Locks for $55,279 at Inskip Audi in Warwick RI. I think this was a great deal as MSRP was over $58000 and all the other dealerships offered $1,000 - $1500 off. Drove it off the lot today but so far so good. We were leaning towards the BMW X5 Diesel but wanted a little more room. Not a huge fan of the LED lights think they are a bit much with the grill but very happy to see they got rid of the greyish bumpers and went with matching bumpers with chrome. Any questions on the 2010 let me know.

And oh yeah when the salesman tells you people are buying them at MSRP please walk away.
  • mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    The dealer we went to 3t weeks ago here in NJ told us that he had no idea when the 2010 Q7 TDI would come, thus he would have no idea the differences b/w the 2009 and 2010. He had several 2009 available and was willing to provide discount to owners of other luxury brands.

Can you tell me which version of Q7 that you bought? Did you get the all weather mats as well? We were thinking of the BMW X5 Diesel as well, but it seems to be significantly overpriced. Now, the only competitor for the Q7 is Acura MDX (which we heard may come in Diesel for the 2010 or 2011 version). Thanks
  • liililiili Member Posts: 7
    Great price. which dealer? thanks.
  • ojuoju Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,
    I have final quote for finance from a dealer in NJ $51,000.00 (MSRP is $55,000+).
    Do I have a great deal here? I have already paid deposite of $1000.00. They couldnt do loan application, so I dont have interest rate yet. Whats the ideal rate right now? I have good credit as per dealer.
    I will keep you all posted.
    Thanks all
  • valleysamvalleysam Member Posts: 1
    Congradulations on your purchase of your new Q7!!!!!. I am in the market for buying a q7, so If you don't mind me asking you some questions? Is this your first audi? If so, how did you do your research on finding out the dependability of a audi? People still have some negative things to say about audi "high" maintenance and costly repair. Your feedback will grealy appriciated.
  • vpatel04vpatel04 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer? My dealer in michigan wants $43850.

can you send me an scan or something so I can try to get that price..

thanks
  • hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    I purchased from Jim Ellis on Peachtree Industrial (two locations in ATL). I don't think they have any left with similar features. I'll try to get my salesman to send you something.

Please send email address or contact info.
  • suvquest22suvquest22 Member Posts: 2
    We got the 2010 Q7 TDI Diesel 3.0. the differences from the 2009 the car has more chrome accents on door handles and bumpers which match color of car versus the greysih bumpers they had on 2009. Also the panaramic sunroof is part of premium package and the MMI nav system has been updated with 3d view and has diesel gas station listings which we like since we bought a diesel.

We did not get the all weather mats. We really liked the BMW X5 Diesel, it was explosive off the line but yes it was more expensive. At the time they were offering $4500 off. The reason we didn't go for it we wanted a little more room. We looked at the Acura MDX, it drove well but honestly it had more buttons in the dashboard it was overwhelming plus the newer version looked like they tried to make it a superhero car.
  • dennischrisdennischris Member Posts: 3
    Help would be appreciated ASAP. Going to the dealer in NJ tomorrow to cut a deal.

First I looked at the 3.6 but still have not driven it, then drove the TDI, liked the gas mileage and the torque, but I need to lease her for 36 months for 800 and the dealer told me like 950 - 10K mi per year. I wonder if they can do it?

I was told that I could get a 3.6 for that, and then I was told by another dealer that the residual on the TDI was better and it was only a few grand more so i should be able to get the same lease number.

How slow is the 3.6? Should I go to the 8 cylinder if need be. Hate to loose the mileage. Also heard the TDI torque dies out after 45 mph - true?

THX