Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• arriearrie Member Posts: 312
    MSRP $47600, paid $41600. Only $6000 off but perhaps not the worst deal.
    Car is very basic but has the Multi Media Interface (MMI). It also has the Bluetooth phone interface, which is just amazing. Also 2-zone AC is included with 12-way adjustable front seats. No seat memory.

Was lucky to find one of these big cars without the panoramic sun roof. Dealer said this one was the last without it so got lucky there.

Arrie
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    oju, Dealer is offering me 2010 Prim plus with 19" wheels for $51,925. By looking at your quote I feel I'm not getting a good deal here...
    oju,
    Where did you get your premium plus ? is it TDI ? what dealership in NJ did you purchase your Q7 from?
    I'm about to get 2010 3.6 prem plus non-TDI in NY area.
    I'm still not sure if I should get TDI model. Do all gas stations have diesel fuel available? is it cheaper than gas?
    your feedback would be appreciated

Thanks.
  • ojuoju Member Posts: 3
    I bought it from Bell Audi. It's 2010 Q-7 3.6 Premier Plus. I just dont like the diesel engine. According to my calculation gas or diesel both cost same. I made this deal in just 20mins.
    thanks for your reply.
    Do all gas stations have diesel fuel? I don't think so...
    Did you post that price before loyalty $1000 credit or after?
    If you don't mind can I ask who was your salesman?
    Is there any other info that you could share before I visit Bell Audi? I'll try to go there this weekend. Thanks man...
  • ojuoju Member Posts: 3
    His name was Ryan. Look if you go at the end of the month, you will get the best possible price. In my case, I still believe they would have gone down by around $500 more. But I didn't have time, my 3 yrs was waiting for me. The price $51000.00 is without any rebate or loyal customer reward. Finally after the deal was over, Ryan told me I got the best possible deal, as I paid below invoice price. I wish you good luck.
    Excellent. Thank you. I assume you financed your Q7 that's why you did not get $1000 loyalty rebate.
    based on your packages Edmund's invoice is $51558. So you got $558 bellow invoice. Good deal. Car_Man suggests to shoot for $500 -$1000 over invoice... I think it was ok to do that 3 years ago when I got my 1st Q7 but I would not do it right now in this economy.
    $1000 bellow invoice sounds like a good deal to me :)

Good luck to you too and enjoy your new Q7
  • mcroa7mcroa7 Member Posts: 1
    Looked at the Q7 premium 4.2v8 with bang and olufsen sound and s package, dealer seemed pretty firm on 68 tax title and throwing in maintenance package for 4 years which seems high for a last year car, thoughts? Fyi no financing paying all upfront.
    Not sure why some people are interested in diesel engine. So far I do not see any advantages vs gas engine
    fuel cost the same, diesel engine has less power 3.0, not all gas stations have diesel proper pumps - need to search gas stations via navigation :-) need to make sure you get proper fuel in winter and summer and finally diesel models are more expensive. Also heared diesel drivers keep some gloves in the glove box compartment like a truck driver :-) The good thing about this - it's ecologically clean....
    anyone can share recent lease deals?
  • mnemonicmnemonic Member Posts: 1
    I'm European and it still seems weird to me how Americans don't understand diesel. It is economic choice. Engine lasts twice as much as gas. You put 150k miles in gas engine, you will put 300k miles in diesel engine. Long term it is much greener engine too. Easier to maintain. Diesel is also fuel that's easier to manufacture, so if 70s happen again you can be pretty sure you will be able to fill your tank. Diesel engines are also known to run just about on anything... you wanna throw vegetable oil and drive on it. Go for it! Dielels are also less complex engines, hence they brake less often. And if they do they're usually cheaper to fix. This is why 70% of all BMW sales in Europe are diesels! Becuase you buy a car and can drive it for 10 years and not 5, save money and save the environment. Easy? :-) Plus you get great deals on diesels in US. In Europe they're on average 30% more expensive than their gas counterparts. Here you get them for cheap. No brainer to me...
  • mwrussellmwrussell Member Posts: 5
    actually, the 3.0 diesel has quite a bit of power compared to the gas 3.0, perhaps not on the HP department, but check out the torque.
  • lexusguy1lexusguy1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    WOW that is an amazing deal. What dealer did you go to please?
    Thanks,
    Ash
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to speak to a recent buyer of a new Audi vehicle over the past year and get comments on why they chose their vehicle over a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, November 17, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• patrickosmithpatrickosmith Member Posts: 2
    I've signed a purchase agreement for a new 2009 Q7 TDI.

MSRP is $57,875.
    My price is $53,875.

So the deal is about 7% below MSRP (just under "invoice" as far as I can tell).

Is this a good deal?
    Can someone comment why there is no much activity going on on q7 model? As far as I see people more interested in other models like Mercedes, BMW and etc.. WHY?
    I'm the owner of Q7 . Is it to expensive? bed design? any comments?
  • grn95grn95 Member Posts: 48
    Good Question. I have no idea. Aside from complaints on brake wear I do not read a lot of negativity. I love this vehicle. It is expensive but so are comparable BMW, Mercedes, and Cadillac Escalade. I think the design is the best looking out there. Not enough advertising maybe? Q5 sure has a lot of commercials etc.
  • 2005odyelrn2005odyelrn Member Posts: 12
    7% below MSRP???
    I heard that audi is paying dealers about 3k on leftover 2009s... and additional 1-2k if you are current owner of audi.....
    so not a great price... and TDIs are in short supply now... very short supply...
    2010 mostly they are offering 1000 over invoice or MSRP...
  • mwrussellmwrussell Member Posts: 5
    I have been told by two different dealers, located in different regions in the USA, that basically Audi is not offering any extra incentives to move their cars/SUV's. They supposedly lose money on every sale because of the horrible exchange rate. BMW does not suffer this same fate because the X5 is assembled in South Carolina, thus BMW can offer the "eco-credit" etc. I would love to purchase a Q7, b ut in this economy I expect some type incentive to purchase a car.
    I see. Audi deals are horrible right now compare to Mercedes and BMW. For instance
    Mercedes offers $2000 cash on leases low rate and reasonable residual values on ML350. Also I think one of the important factors that Audi do not provide dealers cashabck . At the same time sales people are claiming that the Q7 inventory has been reduced drastically and the demand is way up which I think is BS.
    In my opinion It reduced because very few people get Q7 at this rate and I think dealers stop ordering them in big quantities like they used to..
  • ltooz_audisltooz_audis Member Posts: 11
    I still liked my q7, I didn't get much discount $4k off sticker, but great lease rate. My friend leased his ML350 the same time since he didn't need 7 seats and he's not impressed with his ML350. Yes, the Q7 is huge compares to these BMW, ML350 or XC90.
    Gas mileage is still in the 16-20 mpg. The kids love to sit in the rear bench, roomy and cool with the panorama roof & rear a/c.
  • fphamfpham Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased outright 2009 Q7 4.2 prestige with luxury package and pan. sunroof. for $54K before taxes, tags, title.

I knew the dealer wanted to move the q7. MSRP was over $68K.

I also knew they had a slight redesign (new LED lights) and new 3rd generation MMI computer system.

But I figure I'd save myself $5-6K by bying a new 2009 model vs. new 2010 model.

Purchased it with cash so deal was super easy. Although they wouldn't budge on throwing in the $740 AudiCare. I wasn't going to haggle anymore over $740

Dealer was in the Tampa/St. Pete Florida area.

Overall very happy with the Q7. I was looking at the V6 prem plus 2010. But that would have cost me around $51-53K from looking at what others were paying. I'd rather have the V8 loaded even if it's a year older model.

The changes they made for 2010 didn't justify me spending more money.
  • zafmanzafman Member Posts: 1
    I was told today by a dealer that there are no more 2010 4.2 Q7s available-- that Audi stopped production. Is that true?
    Hmmmmmm....... dealer--truth, dealer--truth......

Not sure I ever heard those words together before except as opposites.
  • raj101raj101 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer in NJ has offered me a price of 54,200 for 2010 Q7 TDI Premium Plus With Cold Weather Pkg, towing pkg and all season mats. It seems like a decent price to me, comparing to Edmunds invoice price 55,602. Any thoughts on this price or the model that I have chosen will be much appreciated!
    I feel like I am betting by choosing the diesel model, but that offers much better mileage and pays back in about 5 years, any comments?
  • munieqmunieq Member Posts: 1
    Would you mind sharing where you got such a deal. I'm trying to get something similar. I also live in NJ (north). Thanks!
  • raj101raj101 Member Posts: 3
    Try Princeton Audi
  • paxtonkpaxtonk Member Posts: 49
    that is true, as of last month audi canceled all orders that hadn't been marked as a sold order.
  • mlocamloca Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2010
    I have a 2007 Q7 thats lease is about to expire and I am in the process of looking for a new car. I've leased a bunch of cars in the past and it used to be be that I could eventually get a car for 1% of the MSRP/month give or take $50. In other words the Audi was $58K (3.6, tech, nav, etc). My lease was $630/month with basically nothing down (fees etc put it at about $1K). This was for a 36 month lease with 12K/year.

Prior to that I had a BMW 528 Wagon (MSRP $53K). Same lease parameters made the car payment at $503/month. (walked out the door for less than $1k out of pocket). (I don't play the "cap reduction" game).

So here's my question. WHY ARE LEASES SO MUCH MORE NOW? Are money factors through the roof, are manufactures shying away from leases as they have a liability associated with them?

With the economy in the dumps and interest rates so low I would think leases would be even more attractive. Am I missing something or is the dealer true when he said that it's different now?

It seems that over the past 6-8 years leases have become less and less appealing.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Manufacturer's captive finance companies have lost money for years on inflated residuals (which help make for lower lease payments)..

With the credit crisis, many car makers just couldn't keep taking the hit.. Between the GM/Chrysler bankruptcies, and a lot of other makes getting out of the banking business, the price of leasing has gone up.

Many makes only lease through independent banks. Those banks have to turn a profit, not just subsidize the business of the automaker, like the captive companies..

Cheap leases are few and far between... 1% of MSRP is a good rule of thumb, but very hard to achieve in this environment. For most models, it makes more sense to buy than lease.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ny_driverny_driver Member Posts: 22
    Most of the captive finance companies are unable to securitize their debt anymore with the collapse of the securitization market. That was the biggest source of cheap financing for the auto makers for years. Spreads are still tremendous vs 2008 levels. In the past, the captive finance companies could pass on that cheap cost to customers.

Yes, interest rates are lower but banks are not rushing to lend auto makers money at any price. Audi/VW is one of the stronger credits but they are feeling it too.
  • homantaghomantag Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2010
    Looks like there are many of us with 2007 Q7s that are coming off lease, and need to decide whether to buy what we have, or try to get a new one.

The suplly keeps getting lower and lower. I have looked all over (live in CA, and looked as far as FL and IL), and there are literally no more than a handful out there (with the options that I want).

No dealer I have spoken to will take less than MSRP (best they will do is honor loyalty incentives). The lease rates are not that great, and seem to end up costing almost as much as a purchase.

If anyone has been able ot lease or purchase recently, and can share their figures (model, options, MSRP, down, drive off, miles/yr, residual, and MF), it would be greatly appreciated.

I also heard that AFS is offering a 48 month lease now (instead of a 36 month max).

Car Man, any news on this, and what the residuals and rates are (for both lease and purchase for 48, 60, and 72 months)?

Thanks all!
  • fastandfuriousfastandfurious Member Posts: 2
    Looking for Q7 in So cal right now. Every dealer is stating the low supply and not eager to make deals. Any recent purchasing experiences guys? How much below MSRP shall I reasonably expect?
  • norfolkaudinorfolkaudi Member Posts: 3
    We just purchased a Audi TDI Premium Plus from Checkered Flag in Virginia Beach. We worked directly with the sales manager there and he was great- he answered all our questions and tried hard to provide as much discount as he could. We ended up ~$1000 over invoice....I wasn't sure how good the price was but I had three other dealers not budge of MSRP for the deisels...with Checkered Flag they allowed me to get the lower price and ordered the car so I could get my exact specs and color I wanted

I am not sure if any of you have used the American Express Car Buying Program- but its free and they give you a no haggle certificate for a price and its always somewhere between invoice and $1500 above invoice....for BMW x5 I got a price from the site of $9000 below MSRP.
    Amazing that in todays economy they arent budging off MSRP... I guess its all supply & demand assuming is not a dealer stated supply & demand. Being able to order what you want is fantastic too!! I will only deal with sales managers now. The days of sitting in a room while the sales advisors goes back & forth with the sales manager are gone for me. Either go get him or Im walking. Congratz, and thanks for the Amex info as well. Was told by BMW & Mercedes dealers that they "only sell for MSRP"... Uh huh, sure. Car sales, gotta love it as much as stepping on a rusty nail. The difference is the rusty nail makes no false promises and tells you no lies... Ok off my soap box now. And again, CONGRATZ on your new Q!!!!!! What color,what specs?? They new silver/grey color is amazing.
  • bkmagbkmag Member Posts: 3
    Picking up our Q7 TDI on Monday. Wife loves the car and the room. Long Island dealers would only go max of $1000,00 to 2,000.00 off msrp. Dont listen to there nonsense, the car is out there u just have to find it. I ended up in NJ. The car has Nav and panorama roof. Missing was LED in front, which I kind of liked. Also colors where important to us. That is another reason research out of state has to be done. Sometimes your colors are hard to come by. The only thing that I dont like is, Audi doesn't make all weather mats in tan to match my interior. Weather Tech does promote them but they don't have them due to, they have not been redesigned for newer Q7. Does anyone know of a mat company out there where I can get a GOOD durable mat in tan from?????
    Check out Town Audi Englewood, NJ give them a call they work with you. Ask for Alec
    Try Town Audi
  • biggerdaddynjbiggerdaddynj Member Posts: 17
    Can purchase an Audi certified '07 Q7 3.6 Premium Package in excellent condition (clean CarFax) w/33K miles on it for $31K. Aside from DVD and sunroof has pretty much everything else. The orig. warranty will expire at the end of the year and I will then get an extra 2 years (since I won't be racking up 67K miles before then). Has Convenience and Infotainment Package. Coming out of a Lexus RX 350. My other option is to purchase a brand new Honda Pilot EX-L AWD for $1K more or an '08 Lexus certified RX350 with about 30K miles for $30K. Plan to keep vehicle for no more than 5 years (when the kids will both be in booster seats I can go back to a sedan--already have an Odyssey that we'll run into the ground). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • mightyjohnmightyjohn Member Posts: 10
    Wow, 9k off X5. do you remember which dealership it was?
  • ven7782ven7782 Member Posts: 31
    Can you please share the dealer who is giving you Audi certified '07 Q7 3.6 Premium Package in excellent condition (clean CarFax) w/33K miles on it for $31K. I am also leaning towards Audi Q7 used as it has the 3 rows of seat.
  • elcheapo1elcheapo1 Member Posts: 2
    I've had a 2011 TDI Premium Plus on order for the past month or so, and just received word it's officially in port, and I should be receiving it in about two weeks. Pricing wasn't even available yet when I placed the order, but it's coming in about $59,500 give or take a few hundred. I didn't take too many options other then Premium Plus, and warm weather package. The 2011's have the new 8 speed transmission and HD radio so I'm looking forward to seeing what mileage I can acheive and what HD radio is like. I'm told this is the very first batch of 2011's rolling into the country as well.
  • kk4kk4 Member Posts: 2
    i just got my 2011 q7 tdi prestige . I love it . I'm getting 32.5 mpg on highway trips. awesome.
  • dctilldctill Member Posts: 3
    I've looked at a 2010 Q7 TDI with an MSRP of $59755. The best they would do on it is $56,574 and include free maintanence for the next four scheduled services. There is practically no inventory of Q7's within 100 miles so there is no competition in the area. Is this too much for a 2010? I am thinking I would be better off finding a 2011 for just a little more.
    That isnt that much of a discount, I would think you would be better off with a 2011. You can always check the Audi forums as well to see what others are paying for 2011's. Of course, supply and demand always dictates price.
  • elcheapo1elcheapo1 Member Posts: 2
    The 2011 has a couple of key changes that might make it worth while for you. First, the new 8 speed automatic transmission increasing fuel economy even more (my TDI is awesome). Second, you can now receive HD radio channels...
  • asr515asr515 Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2010
    I'm looking at an Q7 3.6 Premium with all the bells and whistles including dvd player in headrests. It has 38k miles on it and is listed for $35k. My question is, where do I start with negotiations? It's all ready in linewith the Edmunds.com CPO price so there goes that argument but, there is always negotiating room right?!?! Any advice would be appreciated.
  • tldeltldel Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    Bought mine for 57,850. Hope this helps others. The American Express Car Buying site was very helpful. Love the car so far.
  • force99force99 Member Posts: 13
    I just purchased a 2011 S-Line Prestige with Tow and Cold Weather Package. Dealer took $3K off MSRP, and I got 2.49% financing from my credit union.
  • panizzapanizza Member Posts: 4
    how much should I pay for the 2011 premium. thanks